synchronize sub forms

I have a main form (frm1) with six tabs, each tab with a subform
(fsub1-fsub6).  Each subform is a child of the frm1.  I want to synch
fsub2-fsub6 with fsub1 so that when a record is chosen or updated on fsub1
the others follow.  Any thoughts.

On my website (www.rogersaccesslibrary.com), is a small Access database
sample called "SynchronizedSubforms.mdb" which illustrates how to do this.
(I think -- if I'm reading your question correctly.)

--
--Roger Carlson
  MS Access MVP

"SAP2" <SAP2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a main form (frm1) with six tabs, each tab with a subform
> (fsub1-fsub6).  Each subform is a child of the frm1.  I want to synch
> fsub2-fsub6 with fsub1 so that when a record is chosen or updated on fsub1
> the others follow.  Any thoughts.

0
Roger
12/19/2007 6:47:36 PM
EXCELLENT!! Thank you much.  I have been struggling for weeks.

"Roger Carlson" wrote:

> On my website (www.rogersaccesslibrary.com), is a small Access database
> sample called "SynchronizedSubforms.mdb" which illustrates how to do this.
> (I think -- if I'm reading your question correctly.)
>
> --
> --Roger Carlson
>   MS Access MVP
>   Access Database Samples: www.rogersaccesslibrary.com
>   Want answers to your Access questions in your Email?
>

> "SAP2" <SAP2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a main form (frm1) with six tabs, each tab with a subform
> > (fsub1-fsub6).  Each subform is a child of the frm1.  I want to synch
> > fsub2-fsub6 with fsub1 so that when a record is chosen or updated on fsub1
> > the others follow.  Any thoughts.

form creating new row in table1, looking for field value in table
Please can someone help as I have been battling all week with this problem, and haven't had a response. I have a form which uses some data from table1 to create an entry in table2 (i know duplication is bad, but as this is a live database, and i am working on a new section, this makes this complicated task easier), which works fine. however, i have a third table that has the unique ID from table1 and table2 in order to show when a table1 row of data is needed in table2 via a checkbox. This third table3 is created when elsewhere. The problem lies with bringing in the unique ID value...

creating a fillable area in a fillable forms...
I have creted a fillable form with drop downs and fields, but I have a couple of areas where I am trying to create defined areas where the person can enter a short paragraph of text. I guess I'm looking for a field which is defined and the text wraps automatically to the next line(without altering the rest of the document). So far I have tried a simple text field with unlimited characters but the text does not wrap inside the box. Any thoughts? You can place the text form field inside a (border-less) table cell whose width is fixed. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP ...

form repaint
Hello I have a form with a graph. When I click on a combo box, selecting a criteria, the graph will update itself with the relevant information. That was in w2k. I switched to win7 and now it doesn't refresh itself. When I open another form over the graph, and closes it, I am able to see the graph. I have tried to repaint the form using me.form.repaint, on the after update event of the combo but it doesn't work. How do I overcome this issue? Many thanks for your help in advance. Richard Richard, What version of Access? It would also help to see the code y...

Call a Public Outlook sub from Access
Hi Can anyone help me please? I have written a Public Sub in a standard module within Outlook. I want to be able to call that sub from elsewhere - specifically from a VBA routine within Access. I don't know a lot about Outlook VBA - most of my work is done within Access - but I believe that if I want to avoid the security features of Outlook that prevent automatic sending of emails (I want to be able to send dozens at a time to clients stored in an Access table) this may be possible if I call code written in Outlook rather than writing the equivalent code in Access. Is this correct? Or ...

Pass form parameters to query expression
Hi All - Given: 1. Stand-alone Access 2003 mdb database. 2. Custom dialog form with two textboxes for user input (latitude & longitude). 3. btnOK on the form sets Me.Visible = False, but does not close the form. 4. A stored Select query based on an underlying table. 5. A controlling VBA procedure that opens the form, waits until btnOK is pressed, then continues executing. Question: Can the form variables ‘latitude’ and ‘longitude’ be passed from the open form (or from the controlling VBA procedure) to an expression in a query field of the stored query without using an SQL statement? ...

Importing Form
When i am trying to import data from another database i am running into a problem. It is allowing me to import all tables and queries however it will not allow me to import forms or reports. I can see the forms and reports however it is greyed out and will not let me hit select all. Any work around so i can import the data? Is it possible that the database from which you're trying to import is an MDE? Forms and reports don't actually exist in any usable form in MDEs. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "scott04" <s...

how do I stop outlook 2003 from synchronizing folders
this synchronizing is a real pain...how can I stop if from continually doing it? thanks Mike (from Australia) mikeo;143428 Wrote: > this synchronizing is a real pain...how can I stop if from continually > doing > it? > > thanks > > Mike (from Australia) What type of email account do you have? If Hotmail using the Connector, remove the account, uninstall the connector and install v14 beta connector then recreate the account. Outlook Connector14 Beta 32-bit: http://tinyurl.com/y8vkkx2 -- Slipstick 'Outlook & Exchange Solutions...

Synchronization error
We have a user who receives an error each time her Outlook attempts to synchronize on her laptop. In the synchronization log in her deleted items, it appears as: 8:57:13 Error synchronizing folder 8:57:13 [8004010F-501-8004010F-521] 8:57:13 The client operation failed. 8:57:13 Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store 8:57:13 For more information on this failure, click the URL below: 8:57:13 http://www.microsoft.com/support/prodredirect/outlook2000_u s.asp?err=8004010f-501-8004010f-521 The strange thing is, it does not appear that anything is synchronizing incorrectly...

Creating a form for a Password
I have created a Password form that will secure another form. Once the password is entered it will open the form that has the list of reports. On the form I have a text box that accepts the user's password and I have 2 command buttons one is OK and the other is CANCEL. Can anyone tell me how to make these buttons work to open the form of reports? On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 13:52:00 -0700, mrsgwen wrote: > I have created a Password form that will secure another form. Once the > password is entered it will open the form that has the list of reports. On > the form I have a text b...

Change event on GP 10.0 form
Hi, I have created a form in GP 10. I have a string field on that form. When I change the value in that field and press the close button (red X in upper right), then print the value in the window post or form post script, the old value is still shown. This behavior is not similar to GP forms. What causes this change of behavior? Thanks. ...

Form size changing
Access 2003. I have an input form with a command button that executes a stored procedure (through a pass-through query) to write records to a table in SQL Server. On click, the form restores itself. I don't have any code changing the size. There are several things happening, pass through query being run, null values being checked etc. I can paste the code, rather long, but I was hoping there might be a few things to look for first that could be causing this. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/201005/1 ...

Report/Form formatting
I asked this question on the formscoding NG but perhaps it's better posted here? Shouldn't this conditional formatting work? (CF applied to a text box on a form.) 1st cond: Expression is --- [Missing]=True Red 2nd cond: Expression is --- [Deceased]=True Blue Only the second of the two specifications takes effect. If I reverse them, once again it's only the 2nd spec that effects display. Bill I'm not sure I follow how a "forms"-related question belongs in a "reports" newsgroup... Are you using conditional formatting on two separate controls...

Use Form Modules from exterior database
I have a database MyDb that have a reference with MyLibrary.mda. MyDb contains a form MyForm MyLibrary.mda contains a form MyDialogForm that have a form module form_MyDialogForm If I compile the following code in MyForm: Private WithEvents dlg As MyLibrary.form_MyDialogForm I receive an error:< User-defined type not defined> How can I do to use form_MyDialogForm from an exterior database? Thank you Gio wrote: >I have a database MyDb that have a reference with MyLibrary.mda. > >MyDb contains a form MyForm > >MyLibrary.mda contains a form MyDialogForm that have a f...

Special Form
Hi All, I need to create a subform that contains a list of items, where the items are always in view like on a spreadsheet. Using the Items as column 1 I need another column for data entry and the other columns are for historical data. When I create a query for the Subform to show the blank list & the historical of course I cant input anything because of the historical data, but if the subform is just based on the item want, it works. How do I get all the information in 1 subform without loosing the item list from (historical query) . Any suggestions would be wonderful Ok I...

Synchronization issues for Calendar items in Entourage 2004
I'm using Entourage 2004 to connect to an Exchange 2003 server at work. On my desktop, the calendar seems to work fine. But from laptops, there are problems: I made changes to a couple of calendar items, and eventually closed the laptop. I got to work, and don't see the changes reflected here. Another laptop I opened at home took one old calendar entry and used it to replace a more recent one, losing my changes! What's going on - is there a way I can track the synchronization and perhaps set some clients to be "read-only"? I hate the fact that some changes don'...

Synchronization
Our Windows XP machine syncronizes with a folder on the server named "Dennis". We have added a new user and want it to synchronize to a different folder .. for "Brad" ... But the synchronize manager will not allow us to change the folder. Have read instructions and find no solution ... Appreciate any assistance ... Brad ...

Synchronize personal addressbook with LDAP server
Can I synchronize my personal addressbook with LDAP server. I am looking for a utility that can synchronize in the background without any interaction required Thanks Ram Please cc me at ram @ netcore.co.in I am not subscribed to this list ...

Check text field value against underlying table of a form
Hello, I have a form on which the user can enter new records or update existing ones. If the user enters a new record on the form, I would like to have an 'After Update' event on one of the text fields, which is the item# to check if the value entered already exists in the underlying table, tbl_item. How can I call the table from the 'After Update' event of the text field and check for that value in the table? Thanks in advance. Regards, A. Crawford To see if the form is at a new record, test the NewRecord property of the form, e.g.: If Not Me.NewRecord Then ... To se...

creation of synchronization log messages #3
I have outlook XP on win2k, and my deleted items folder is being filled by "synchronization log" messages at the rate of 1 per minute. They appear to be simply a log (no problems indicated). Here's a sample from the log... 16:44:06 Synchronizing Hierarchy 16:44:06 Synchronizing Favorites 16:44:06 Synchronizing Folder 'Inbox' .... 16:44:07 Done 16:44:08 Microsoft Exchange offline address book 16:44:08 0X8004010F Where is a setting in outlook where I can disable this? Thanks! Tools->Send Receive. Set your offline folders to only sync on exit. --� Milly Staples...

File Synchronization
So that I have my documents with me at all times and so that "My Documents" are the same on both my home desktop and my laptop, I set my "My Documents" address on my laptop to my "My Documents" folder on the desktop and set the files to be made available offline. As with all offline shared file synchronization processes, when I synchronize my files, the system scans all files of both computers for any changes or new files, and if and only if there are any, it synchronizes those changes or new files. For some odd reason, I have a handful or so of ...

linking forms in 2 files
Can you link forms like you can link tables? The reason I'm asking is that I have 1 master database and 3 user databases where I have linked the tables. Each database has the same form - for inputing data. If in the future, I want to make a change to the form, I want to do it only in the master database and have the other user databases update automatically. Is this possible? In Access 2000, under tools/database utilities, there is a menu item--database splitter. There isn't a lot about this in the online help that i could find. However, it is useful with multiusers. On Thu...

HELP!! Can't print form Publishing 2001
I have Microsoft Office Suite that came packaged with my computer in 2001. It used to work fine but at some point the art files became corrupted and I couldn't print either. So I deleted and reloaded the entire Publishing program. Now the art files work but I still can't print. It goes to a complete black screen with some kind of blue dotted or slashed line along the top every time I try to print something out of it. I don't know what else to do. Please help. Are you certain you are talking about Publisher? It is different than Home Publishing. Publisher did not come bund...

Synchronizing Outlook between two computers
I have Outlook 2000 on my desktop and Outlook 2003 on my laptop. I would like to synchronize them (using the desktop to update the laptop). I've done some searching on the internet and not found really helpful information (other than software to do it). I didn't know if there was a way to do it other than by purchasing software (my two computers are networked together via a router). Any suggestions? G'Day Ken, There is no in-built mechanism. Since your systems are on the same LAN, you must buy something like SynchPST: http://www.synchpst.com/ Install...

Issue with a tabbed form
Hi all, I am having an issue with a tabbed form in a contact database that I have built. I have two tabs in my main data entry form. The first is where I can enter my top level contact information (name, address, etc.) and I also have combo boxes where I can choose items like "State", "Contact Type", etc. These combo boxes have the choices located in the properties for those fields. My second tab consists of two subforms where I can choose the kinds of materials I sent to my contact "Brochure", "Direct Mail", etc. and in the same record I have an...

Transfer Category and Sub-category in direct email
The problem concerns emails sent among MS CRM users. E-mail Tracking was run in the system and we set up: no exclude e-mail between Microsoft CRM users - a user sending email to other user defines values in CATEGORY and SUB-CATEGORY fields. The system automatically creates the other email for a recipient (including token) as received email, but the email content does not contain defined values for CATEGORY and SUB-CATEGORY. They do not transfer automatically! Is it standard feature or bug?? ...