synchronize sub forms-part 2 - 135225

Don't see my earlier post... here I go again!

Scenario:
Main form (1)- frm1 based on tbl01
User enters 3 parameters to filter by p1,p2,p3
Subforms (6)- fsub1-fsub6 (each with its own tab) also based on tbl01
ALL subforms are Linked to frm1 through 2 fields (p2,p3)

 When the 3 parameters are chosen fsub1 will list the basic info associated
with them.  fsub2-fsub6 will list more specific info.

With the following additions suggested by Robert Carlson:
fsub1 On current Event:
Forms![frm1]![fsub2].Requery

fsub2 On Current Event:
    If IsNull(Forms![frm1]![fsub1].Form!ID) = False Then
        Me.RecordsetClone.FindFirst "[ID] = " & Forms![frm1]![fsub1].Form!ID
        Me.Bookmark = Me.RecordsetClone.Bookmark
    Else
        Forms![frm1]![fsub1].SetFocus
        DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec
    End If

This syncs the records across the tab (when tab is clicked)when p2/p3 has
multiple records associated with it but if a new record is added fsub2 does
not go to that new record until I toggle through the records in fsub1.

What I want to happen is when a new record is chosen in fsub1 THAT new
record will show up for edit in fsub2 (when the tab is clicked) and fsub3 and
fsub4... and so on.

I hope this was clear.  I am not proficient with VBA so bare with me.  Any
help would be much appreciated.  Thanks.

Import #2
I have a csv file, of contacts, that was exported from Outlook. When you bring this into excel, the street field may have multiple information, ex.-123 Main Street PO Box 999 What happens with this is, it puts a return between the two entries. It also does this to the note field. It puts a square whre the return is. I want to break this into two columns in excel. What I would like to know, is there any way to do a mass replace for this return with, say a ^ (carrot). That way I can break this into seperate columns using the carrot. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. J...

Delivery Options #2
With Delivery Options, I want to be able to schedule a message to be sent even if I am not logged in. Is this possible or do I always need to be logged in for the message to be sent? Depends; -configured with a pst-file as default delivery location; yes, you need to be logged in -configured with an Exchange mailbox as default delivery location; no, you don't need to be logged in -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Kate" <anonymous...

form creating new row in table1, looking for field value in table
Please can someone help as I have been battling all week with this problem, and haven't had a response. I have a form which uses some data from table1 to create an entry in table2 (i know duplication is bad, but as this is a live database, and i am working on a new section, this makes this complicated task easier), which works fine. however, i have a third table that has the unique ID from table1 and table2 in order to show when a table1 row of data is needed in table2 via a checkbox. This third table3 is created when elsewhere. The problem lies with bringing in the unique ID value...

creating a fillable area in a fillable forms...
I have creted a fillable form with drop downs and fields, but I have a couple of areas where I am trying to create defined areas where the person can enter a short paragraph of text. I guess I'm looking for a field which is defined and the text wraps automatically to the next line(without altering the rest of the document). So far I have tried a simple text field with unlimited characters but the text does not wrap inside the box. Any thoughts? You can place the text form field inside a (border-less) table cell whose width is fixed. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP ...

form repaint
Hello I have a form with a graph. When I click on a combo box, selecting a criteria, the graph will update itself with the relevant information. That was in w2k. I switched to win7 and now it doesn't refresh itself. When I open another form over the graph, and closes it, I am able to see the graph. I have tried to repaint the form using me.form.repaint, on the after update event of the combo but it doesn't work. How do I overcome this issue? Many thanks for your help in advance. Richard Richard, What version of Access? It would also help to see the code y...

Call a Public Outlook sub from Access
Hi Can anyone help me please? I have written a Public Sub in a standard module within Outlook. I want to be able to call that sub from elsewhere - specifically from a VBA routine within Access. I don't know a lot about Outlook VBA - most of my work is done within Access - but I believe that if I want to avoid the security features of Outlook that prevent automatic sending of emails (I want to be able to send dozens at a time to clients stored in an Access table) this may be possible if I call code written in Outlook rather than writing the equivalent code in Access. Is this correct? Or ...

Pass form parameters to query expression
Hi All - Given: 1. Stand-alone Access 2003 mdb database. 2. Custom dialog form with two textboxes for user input (latitude & longitude). 3. btnOK on the form sets Me.Visible = False, but does not close the form. 4. A stored Select query based on an underlying table. 5. A controlling VBA procedure that opens the form, waits until btnOK is pressed, then continues executing. Question: Can the form variables ‘latitude’ and ‘longitude’ be passed from the open form (or from the controlling VBA procedure) to an expression in a query field of the stored query without using an SQL statement? ...

Problem Opening Attachments #2
I am currently using Outlook 2003 with Word 2003 (Office 2003) as my email editor. I am running XP Pro. When I format my email as rich text accachments are not avialble for me or the reciever to open. When attempting to open an attachment I get a dialog box with the message "Word cannot open the document: user does not have access prividges." If I create my e-mail in HTML format there is no problem for me or the reciever. Any suggestions? ...

Importing Form
When i am trying to import data from another database i am running into a problem. It is allowing me to import all tables and queries however it will not allow me to import forms or reports. I can see the forms and reports however it is greyed out and will not let me hit select all. Any work around so i can import the data? Is it possible that the database from which you're trying to import is an MDE? Forms and reports don't actually exist in any usable form in MDEs. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "scott04" <s...

how do I stop outlook 2003 from synchronizing folders
this synchronizing is a real pain...how can I stop if from continually doing it? thanks Mike (from Australia) mikeo;143428 Wrote: > this synchronizing is a real pain...how can I stop if from continually > doing > it? > > thanks > > Mike (from Australia) What type of email account do you have? If Hotmail using the Connector, remove the account, uninstall the connector and install v14 beta connector then recreate the account. Outlook Connector14 Beta 32-bit: http://tinyurl.com/y8vkkx2 -- Slipstick 'Outlook & Exchange Solutions...

Synchronization error
We have a user who receives an error each time her Outlook attempts to synchronize on her laptop. In the synchronization log in her deleted items, it appears as: 8:57:13 Error synchronizing folder 8:57:13 [8004010F-501-8004010F-521] 8:57:13 The client operation failed. 8:57:13 Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store 8:57:13 For more information on this failure, click the URL below: 8:57:13 http://www.microsoft.com/support/prodredirect/outlook2000_u s.asp?err=8004010f-501-8004010f-521 The strange thing is, it does not appear that anything is synchronizing incorrectly...

Creating custom buttons #2
Hello, I would like to create screens of buttons so that the operators of the register can simply press a button to add an item for a sale. The system will be used at the end of a cafeteria type food line and I need to speed up the check out process. What I am thinking is having 3 buttons on one screen, Hot Food, Drinks, and Candy/Snacks. Then when the cashier presses Hot Food, another screen comes up that displays 1 button for each of the 16 current Hot Food items. When 1 of those items is selected, the Hot Food button screen should remain open until the user presses a Back button. ...

Creating a form for a Password
I have created a Password form that will secure another form. Once the password is entered it will open the form that has the list of reports. On the form I have a text box that accepts the user's password and I have 2 command buttons one is OK and the other is CANCEL. Can anyone tell me how to make these buttons work to open the form of reports? On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 13:52:00 -0700, mrsgwen wrote: > I have created a Password form that will secure another form. Once the > password is entered it will open the form that has the list of reports. On > the form I have a text b...

Report/Form formatting
I asked this question on the formscoding NG but perhaps it's better posted here? Shouldn't this conditional formatting work? (CF applied to a text box on a form.) 1st cond: Expression is --- [Missing]=True Red 2nd cond: Expression is --- [Deceased]=True Blue Only the second of the two specifications takes effect. If I reverse them, once again it's only the 2nd spec that effects display. Bill I'm not sure I follow how a "forms"-related question belongs in a "reports" newsgroup... Are you using conditional formatting on two separate controls...

Change event on GP 10.0 form
Hi, I have created a form in GP 10. I have a string field on that form. When I change the value in that field and press the close button (red X in upper right), then print the value in the window post or form post script, the old value is still shown. This behavior is not similar to GP forms. What causes this change of behavior? Thanks. ...

Form size changing
Access 2003. I have an input form with a command button that executes a stored procedure (through a pass-through query) to write records to a table in SQL Server. On click, the form restores itself. I don't have any code changing the size. There are several things happening, pass through query being run, null values being checked etc. I can paste the code, rather long, but I was hoping there might be a few things to look for first that could be causing this. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/201005/1 ...

Vlookup help #2
I have two worksheets. Sheet 1 contains a number in column A and a name in column C. On Sheet 2 I put my data from a csv file. What I would like to do is vlookup Sheet 1 column C from the information on Sheet 2 and return the number in column A that is associated with the name in column C. Ex. Sheet 1 Sheet 2 A B C A B 33 N6-270-15 N6-270-75 35 34 N6-270-30 N...

Use Form Modules from exterior database
I have a database MyDb that have a reference with MyLibrary.mda. MyDb contains a form MyForm MyLibrary.mda contains a form MyDialogForm that have a form module form_MyDialogForm If I compile the following code in MyForm: Private WithEvents dlg As MyLibrary.form_MyDialogForm I receive an error:< User-defined type not defined> How can I do to use form_MyDialogForm from an exterior database? Thank you Gio wrote: >I have a database MyDb that have a reference with MyLibrary.mda. > >MyDb contains a form MyForm > >MyLibrary.mda contains a form MyDialogForm that have a f...

Debt Reduction Planner #2
I have an account for a student credit in Colombian Pesos (about 2800 colombian pesos per Dollar!!!). When I want to make a debt reduction planner for an account. Money prompt an window saying that "payments are due this month"... And prompt for an amount to be paid.... If I put an amount greater than 100, an error is displayed saying: "You must enter a value that is less than the maximum payment allocation ($100,000.00). I don't know if this error is related to an currency issue (i'm using colombian pesos, not dollars) What can I do? ...

Special Form
Hi All, I need to create a subform that contains a list of items, where the items are always in view like on a spreadsheet. Using the Items as column 1 I need another column for data entry and the other columns are for historical data. When I create a query for the Subform to show the blank list & the historical of course I cant input anything because of the historical data, but if the subform is just based on the item want, it works. How do I get all the information in 1 subform without loosing the item list from (historical query) . Any suggestions would be wonderful Ok I...

Synchronization
Our Windows XP machine syncronizes with a folder on the server named "Dennis". We have added a new user and want it to synchronize to a different folder .. for "Brad" ... But the synchronize manager will not allow us to change the folder. Have read instructions and find no solution ... Appreciate any assistance ... Brad ...

Synchronization issues for Calendar items in Entourage 2004
I'm using Entourage 2004 to connect to an Exchange 2003 server at work. On my desktop, the calendar seems to work fine. But from laptops, there are problems: I made changes to a couple of calendar items, and eventually closed the laptop. I got to work, and don't see the changes reflected here. Another laptop I opened at home took one old calendar entry and used it to replace a more recent one, losing my changes! What's going on - is there a way I can track the synchronization and perhaps set some clients to be "read-only"? I hate the fact that some changes don'...

Synchronize personal addressbook with LDAP server
Can I synchronize my personal addressbook with LDAP server. I am looking for a utility that can synchronize in the background without any interaction required Thanks Ram Please cc me at ram @ netcore.co.in I am not subscribed to this list ...

HTTP Mail Server timeout message #2
Messages from 2003 indicate that the registry setting for changing this don't work with Hotmail. I'm trying to change it for another service, but since the actual setting was never mentionned I can't try. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks, Andrew Outlook doesn't really work with any other HTTP mail servers other than MSN/Hotmail (as far as I know) <andrew.perron@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1128015152.224893.271050@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Messages from 2003 indicate that the registry setting for changing this > don't work ...

Check text field value against underlying table of a form
Hello, I have a form on which the user can enter new records or update existing ones. If the user enters a new record on the form, I would like to have an 'After Update' event on one of the text fields, which is the item# to check if the value entered already exists in the underlying table, tbl_item. How can I call the table from the 'After Update' event of the text field and check for that value in the table? Thanks in advance. Regards, A. Crawford To see if the form is at a new record, test the NewRecord property of the form, e.g.: If Not Me.NewRecord Then ... To se...