symbols won't work in form fields

I have Access 2002. We write a lot of letters in French and as I have a
QWERTY keyboard, we have shortcuts for the french letters which are missing
from the keyboard. For example Ctrl + e is e with an accute accent, Alt + e
is e with a grave accent, and so on. It all works just fine in WORD.

But in my forms in my ACCESS database, in my fill-in fields, the shortcuts
simply don't work. And there is no "symbol" option available in the tool bar
to insert a symbol or French character. Is there any way I can add this
function in to the database ?

thanks .. Roger

0
Roger

Look at the 'KeyboardLanguage' property. You will have to have the language
installed on each users PC.
-- Dorian
eat for a lifetime".

"Roger" wrote:

> I have Access 2002. We write a lot of letters in French and as I have a
> QWERTY keyboard, we have shortcuts for the french letters which are missing
> from the keyboard. For example Ctrl + e is e with an accute accent, Alt + e
> is e with a grave accent, and so on. It all works just fine in WORD.
>
> But in my forms in my ACCESS database, in my fill-in fields, the shortcuts
> simply don't work. And there is no "symbol" option available in the tool bar
> to insert a symbol or French character. Is there any way I can add this
> function in to the database ?
>
> thanks .. Roger
>

> .

Putting symbols automatically
I have a spreadsheet I created with a thousands of number codes. Now I need to put "* to the beginning and *" to end of the code. How can I do this? i.e. 123-23 to "*123-23*" Please help. Thank you. Maybe a helper column: ="*" & a1 & "*" And drag down. Ted S wrote: > > I have a spreadsheet I created with a thousands of number codes. Now I need > to put "* to the beginning and *" to end of the code. How can I do this? > > i.e. > 123-23 to "*123-23*" > > Please help. > > Thank yo...

Modal Form from a child form
Hi, I have a little problem, I have a MDI form (Main Menu), this form open a child form (A), and I need to open a form B as modal form from form A. I can to this with showDialog(), but it open form B outside MDI form (Main Menu) and it is showed on the windows bar as another application opened. So the question is, there are any way to open a modal form from a child form inside a MDI form? Thanks El Alquimista wrote: > Hi, I have a little problem, I have a MDI form (Main Menu), this form > open a child form (A), and I need to open a form B as modal form from > form A. I c...

OWA Forms stops working
Exchange 2003 SP2 I have forms enabled but about once a day the forms stop working and instend the popup box aksing for user name and password comes up. Restarting the IISADMIN service fixes it but I can't find any errors in the event log. Have anyone seen this before or have any ideas? Thanks ...

id() node-set function does not work in .NET 1.1 XML Classes
The id() nodeset XPath function does not appear to work when used with XPathDocument and XslTransformation dot net classes. I am trying to make use of IDREFs in XML that link elements to other elements in the document. The code below demonstrates the problem. I SHOULD be getting a line that says "NODES MATCH". Instead I get a "NO NODES MATCH". All the of the W3C stuff I have found says that this should work. Any ideas? robert sutton ==== HERE IS THE OUTPUT This is element Foo! name is bar ID is idfoo --------------------------- Found reference element, it refers to idfo...

Popups no longer work in Office/Excel help
Has anybody seen an issue with the popups in the Office Help files not working? These are the javascript popups that either show definitions or display windows with more information. I can no longer see any of these popups in any Office help file. When I click on the link nothing happens. I have recently installed Office 2000 service pack 3. Does anybody know how to fix this? Thanks. Tim Do you have a pop up stopper installed? "Tim Zych" <tzych@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:eQEoCZHTDHA.1916@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Has anybody seen an issue with the popups ...

Help with slow loading and recalculation of work books.
I have created workbooks to analysis data for my fishing. There are 12 workbooks (each containing 48 sheets), one workbook per year for the last 12 years, each approx. 12,600KB. Each years workbook is linked to the following years workbook by some 1000+ cells. The data is fed into these workbooks from 2 associated workbooks, one of approx. 10,700KB and another of approx. 2,150KB. All the workbooks contain numerous volatile calculations using TODAY() and many of the sheets within the 12 yearly workbooks contain INDEX/MATCH lists of data either from within the workbook of from the 2 associated...

reports are not working
Hi I have installed CRM 4 and i am having strange error with reports. 1- i have checked the reports on the report server and it is working without problem 2- the reports are working fine when i test them from the CRM server without problems BUT If i try any report from other PCs i got the error Reporting error the report can not be displayed ???? please help thanks -- Incase you have a different SQL Rerport Server you will need to install the SRS Connector HTH SS "Mohmedsh" wrote: > Hi > I have installed CRM 4 and i am having strange error with reports. > 1- i ...

Simple data form
Hi, I'm creating a Shipping template in Excel, and I want a simple form to pop up for the line items. I can see how to do it using Data/Form, however is there another way to do it, by not making the user do that? Maybe so the form opens up when they get on the first cell of that part of the worksheet? Also I noticed when I do use this form, when I close it, it doesn't bring me back to the worksheet, but rather to the VB code. I don't want this to happen to my users. Any ideas? Thanks! Tracey:mad: ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http:/...

"Microsoft Money has stopped working"
Whenever I try to open Microsoft Money Plus, I receive the message "Microsoft Money has stopped running" and the program immediately crashes. Here are the details: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: msmoney.exe Application Version: 17.0.0.1414 Application Timestamp: 47b661e7 Fault Module Name: mnyob99.dll Fault Module Version: 17.0.0.1414 Fault Module Timestamp: 47b6614f Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Offset: 0026f659 OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3 Locale ID: 1033 Additional Information 1: 6f51 Additional Information 2: c27f10fbe2c27f8f...

Slow Closing of Form
Environment: 1. Front-End - MS Access 2003 2. Back-End - SQL Server 2005 3. OS - Windows XP I cannot understand why it takes a 5-7 seconds to close our Invoice form. The Invoice form has several data components in it that retrieves data. The code in the "Done" button of the form perform the following: a. Me.Requery b. Check other loaded forms "IsLoaded()" c. DoCmd.Close The form has also a code in the "Close" event which only checks for loaded forms again "IsLoaded()". Thanks, Ben Check to make sure that you aren't saving any f...

Debug symbols
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0022_01C4239F.44908270 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I get a lot of messages such as=20 Loaded 'C:\WINNT\system32\ole32.dll', no matching symbolic information = found. Loaded 'C:\WINNT\system32\oleaut32.dll', no matching symbolic = information found. When I run my application in Debug mode. I read that I may need to = update my Debug files & I downloaded ( all 173MB of it) the symbols from = Microsoft and installed into the WINNT\Sym...

updating field based on other field
I have a number of records/fields on a continous subform that I want to set automatically depending on the value in another field. I have tried to get the code to work with the 'On Current' event for the form, but the field only updates after I click on each record entry. How can I make it so that when I open the form, ALL the records update automatically without having to go down the list and click each one? my code: (On Current) If Me.OrderSeq = "1" Then Me.Alpha_Buttons = "X1" If Me.OrderSeq = "2" Then Me.Alpha_Buttons = "A" If Me.Order...

copied movies work and then not anymore
Hi all, I just had to present some ppt's including movies. One of them I copied onto my laptop, we checked the movies (.avi & .wmv) and they were all fine. While presenting it didn't, I tried afterwards again, nothing... When I relinked them they were fine again... Can somebody explain this for me please? Kr, Peter Videos are always linked, as it seems you may know. If you put the video onto another computer, but it's in a different place, then PPT may not be able to find it. Actually, PPT *will not* be able to find it. For example, if you create t...

Smartlist builder
Hi, I have created a new smartlist by using external tables. I have a currency field in my table. In Smarlist I have specified a crieteria to bring in only the recods which have 0.00 amount in this column. but it wouldnt work. I can do the search on other columns, but not on this column. any ideas ? thanks Syed ...

SHFileOperation not working
This is what I have for deleting the contents of a folder const wchar_t g_wsz_DriverBackupFolder[] = L"C:\\My Folder\\* \0\0\0\0"; { SHFILEOPSTRUCT info; memset(&info, 0, sizeof(info)); info.wFunc = FO_DELETE; info.fFlags = FOF_NOCONFIRMATION | FOF_SILENT; info.pFrom = g_wsz_DriverBackupFolder; if (0 != SHFileOperation(&info)) { DWORD dwError = GetLastError(); ... } } It fails and GetLastError is 6: "Invalid Handle". What the fuck is going on? Offhand, I don't see anything serious here. You have three more \0s than you actually ne...

forms with data from multiple tables
Hi, I am trying to build two tables containing information about fish that we have collected: tbl Fish: FishPK (one for each individual fish; autonumber) CollectionPK (links to tbl Collection which contains information about where and when we collected the fish) FishName FishAge FishSex FishLength tbl FishAnalysis: FishPK Analysis1 Analysis2 Analysis3 Analysis4 The chemical analyses are only performed on a subset of the entire fish collection. I am pretty happy with this design, but am open to suggestions! In particular, I want to know if this design allows me...

How do I get an Access form in Excel to Expand the Data
I am trying to set up an Access form for users to enter data into an Excel database. However, whilst the form will enter new data on initial use, this does not expand the database and, therefore, any subsequent use will not work as Access comes up with the error "Cannot expand named range". This is now because the form has entered data past the original designated database area. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? Excel 2000 Access 2000 Thanks ...

Symbols on the keyboard are not the symbols on the screen....
When I'm in Excel I must be hitting a key combination that creates havoc for me. Everything will be working fine and out of nowhere when I try to choose a symbol using the Shift + any number key....I get some wierd symbol instead of the symbol on the keyboard. In order to stop this I have to close out of Excel completely and come back in and it's fine. Is there Any way I could undo what I did without closing Excel? AND Do you know what I did to cause it to do that? Hi Lisha I had the same problem because I use two different language "French & English"...

Macro not working properly when run automatically
Hi there, I thought I posted a thread about this, but can't seem to find it. Anyway, the problem is I have the macro below. It works when I run it manually from the macro menu, but bugs when I use VB to edit it into running automaticaly (tried Wookbook_Open and Wookbook_BeforeSave). Using Ex2003 by the way. It's supposed to sort all sheets according to High, Medium, Low by: 1-Convert High, Medium, Low to 1,2,3 accross workbook. 2-Sort each sheet according to 1,2,3 3-Convert 1,2,3 back into High, Medium, Low. Now when I run it automatically, if there is High, Medium, L...

left(string, number) with linked data to SQL2000 does not work
I am converting a client's program to work with data in an SQL 2000 database. Previously the data was linked to a separate Access mdb file. now it is linked via ODBC to SQL 2000. The following snipet works if the data is in an Access table but once the table is in SQL the function left(string, number) stops the Access engine from even entering the procedure. I put a msgbox "Hi" at the beginning of the funtion and it did not even come up. I do not get any error msgs it just does nothing! Any Clue?? If Left(Me.CUSTID.Value, 3) = "IDG" Then Dim valoare2...

Prevent user from closing form -- form event
I have 2 buttons on my form. Button1 to import the data and Button2 to upload to database. I want user to click first on button1 and then next on button2 before closing the form. What form event I should use to prevent user from closing the form with out clicking on 2nd button? Thanks -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access/201004/1 You can use the Unload event. You can prevent the form closing by setting Cancel = True in the unload event. You will need a way to notify the form that uploading has finished. You can put a...

Out of Office Set but NOT WORKING
I am running Exchange 5.5 and Win2K with Office 2000 on the desktop. I have one user that sets her Out of Office but no one IN the domain gets the auto reply. She has no rules set. It works fine for everyone else. Any ideas? Please help. Thanks Vince ...

Formula to find the working days difference between to dates?
Is there a formula to work out the difference between 2 dates, but only the working days difference. for example. if the 1st date was thursday 1st june, and the 2nd date is monday 5th june, the days difference would be 4, where as i would like the working days difference, which is 2. please help, as it would save a LOT of time. =networkdays(start date,end date,holidays) -- paul remove nospam for email addy! "Mudgeman" wrote: > Is there a formula to work out the difference between 2 dates, but only the > working days difference. for example. if the 1st date was thursd...

Saving a document with Symbol Font
I have the following scenario. I create a document and type the following sentence: "The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog." I then highlight the sentence and change the font to Symbol (Wingdings and Webdings show the same behavior). I then save the document as a .docx file. I close Word. I then reopen the document and the text looks the same as it did when I saved it. I then highlight the text and change the font back to Calibiri, but instead of getting my original sentence, I get a whole long block of  symbols. I can copy and paste this sentence into W...

Setting form bookmark
Can anyone help? I have a form bound to a table. When a drop down list on the form is changed, I want to change the current record the form displays. I tried using the 'usual' code to do this: Private Sub cmbCourseAlsoRunning_AfterUpdate() Dim rs As DAO.Recordset Set rs = Me.RecordsetClone rs.FindFirst "intCourseRefno = " & Me.cmbCourseAlsoRunning If Not rs.NoMatch Then Me.Bookmark = rs.Bookmark End If End Sub However, this of course doesn't work because the form is opened with a WHERECONDITION specified, meaning tha a filter is ap...