Subforms are slow on an Access Project

I converted a 2003 Access .mdb database to an Access .adp project and one of
the forms took a huge performance hit. The form was bound to a table with
3000 + records and contained 6 sub-forms placed on pages in a tabl control.
One of the tab pages displays data from the main table and the others display
data from the child tables.

When the user changes a field on the main table and moves to another field
there is a 3 to 4 second delay while the status bar below displays a
"Calculating" message. Presumably the Acces project is updating the data on
the other sub-forms even though the current record has not changed nor any of
the link fields.
This type of delay did not occur on the .mdb database which used DAO instead
of ADO.

The delay is reduced if I eliminate some of the sub-forms and disappears
entirely if I drop all of the sub-forms so clearly the delay is associated
with updating the sub-forms. I checked the tables providing data to the
sub-forms to make sure the link fields were indexed so this is not the
problem.

The .mdb version using DAO seems a lot more intelligent that the ADO/.adp
version -- the update for the sub-forms did not take place unless and until
the user clicked on the tab page containing the sub-form.

How can I replicate this behaivor on the Access project version?
--
Ken McLean

Outlook slows down with attachments!
Since a month Outlook has slowed down seriously when dealing with emails with attachments. A message with an attachment used to open instantly, but recently it takes Outlook up to 15 seconds to open such message, both in the Preview panel and in a separate window. Annoying! Does it have something to do with Microsoft's security patches?? I have installed all the latest critical updates from Microsoft (both Windows and Office). How to solve this issue?? Wim Eising Windows XP Professional v5.1.2600 SP1 Build 2600 Office 2002 (10.2627.2625) Laptop PII 2.8 MHz Mem: 512 MB (50% free) HDD: 40GB...

Remote Access
Is there any way of remotely accessing my home email using Outlook 2007 on my laptop? My ISP has a webmail site for remote access, but the site is far less user friendly than Outlook and I have to log in multiple times to accommodate more than one email address. I have Outlook 2007 in my laptop and tried using the same account settings as my home desktop, but it wouldn't access anything. anon_278@hotmail.com wrote: > Is there any way of remotely accessing my home email using Outlook > 2007 on my laptop? > > My ISP has a webmail site for remote access,...

Slow HQ Server
Should all stores talk to one HQ Server? We only have seven locations and they all connect via p2p T-1's and it still bogs down the HQ server. The server is a XEON 2.8 with 1.5 GB of RAM and our SQL server is separate on a dual-xeon 2.8 with 3 GIGS of ram - both using ULTRA320 SCSI 15K drives, all we run is HQ server on the RMS server. Do you know of any reason for this? Even when we had all seven databases on the same SQL server at the same physical loaction, it boged down the HQ server just as bad when running even 401's to all locations. We would have thought that we cou...

subform in subform
Hi, I've got a form F and subform S1 in it. And inside S1 I've got subform S2. How do I reference a text box in S2 from VB code? thanx alek_mil Try: forms!F!S1!S2!textbox That should do the trick -- Maurice Ausum "alekm" wrote: > Hi, > I've got a form F and subform S1 in it. And inside S1 I've got subform S2. > How do I reference a text box in S2 from VB code? > thanx > > alek_mil You might find this useful as well... http://mvps.org/access/forms/frm0031.htm -- Jack Leach www.tristatemachine.com &q...

Exchange 2003 System Mailbox Access
Hello: We need connect to the system mailbox because our backup software have error with "corrupted messages" in this mailbox and the backup ends with errors.We have been made an offline defragmentation of the database with a succesfull result , so we dont know how is the problem. Have anybody a workaround?? Any kb of the System Mailbox puspose in Exchange 2003?? Thanks in advance. USE WITH CAUTION: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;253784 -- David Aschmann MCSE: Messaging, Security+ ---------------------------------------------- "RAFA" <RAF...

New workstation: Event Userenv 1058, cannot access gpt.ini
Hi I have just added another workstation to our SBS2003R2 network and it returns a 1058 and a 1030 error on every boot. Therefore GPO's as well as startup scripts and MSI installation are not executed correctly. All other workstation are working perfect, its just this one. Server as well as Workstation (XP SP3) are full patched. Any hints? Thanks, Franz Hi Franz, > I have just added another workstation to our SBS2003R2 network and it > returns a 1058 and a 1030 error on every boot. Therefore GPO's as well as > startup scripts and MSI installation are no...

Slow editting?
Running Access 2003 with split front and back databases with the back on a network server, when editting a report, over an hour's time the report editor gets less and less responsive. It gets to point when I have click on a control and wait five to ten seconds while Access does God knows what with the network drive (the Windows network icon burns solid during that wait). Sometimes quitting the database and reloading helps, but not always. What's causing this? Why does Access need access a network drive when resizing a control? How do I stop it from doing this? Thanks! -- P...

How To Stop Acces From Update The Record When The Subform Query Is On Focus?
Hi I need to know how to stop acces from update the record when the subform query is on focus? Thanks In news:1177155216.699820.268130@d57g2000hsg.googlegroups.com, Chipcom <bz1977@gmail.com> wrote: > > I need to know how to stop acces from update the record when the > subform query is on focus? If you mean that you want to keep the main form's record from being saved when the subform gets the focus, the only ways you can do that are: 1. Have the main form be unbound. In that case your own code has to do the job of reading the record, assigning its field values to ...

Excel won't allow access to some rows!--- Very strange!!
I have a strange problem with one of my spreadshteets. I am not able to access or see any rows 1 to 31. It is as if the "hide" function is in effect. I have tried the "unhide" function, but no use. It is as if I am locked out of these rows! I don't have any "freeze" function active with respect to the unaccesible rows. Anyone here knows what is going on? thanks When you try and unhide select the whole sheet by clicking the border above and to the left of cell A1 and then try unhide rows and then also try row heightr standard. -- Hope this helps M...

Access 2000 compatibility with Access 2002
I am currently working on databases which were developed in Access 97, converted to 2000 they are all currently in 2000. My company recently purchased a new system for me which came with XP and Office 2002, since this time my databases are not working fully. I have had problems with "program not responding" when trying to open tables. I tried opening the same table at one of the older systems and there were no problems. Has anyone else had problems similar with Databases in 2000 but using 2002?? I would hate to have to delete 2002 and go back to 2000 but I am considering thi...

Textbox Information to Subform
I have a subform that I need to contain information from a main form. The sub form is linked by studentID, but I also need the tardy ID, TardyID, to populate the subDhall field txtTardyID. I tried the AfterUpdate of TardyID with this: Me!subDhall.txtTardyID=Me!frmTardyAdd.TardyID and Me!subDhall.frmTardyAdd.txtTardyID=Me!frmTardyAdd.TardyID to no avail. Anyone have any tips? -- Thanks As Always Rip "Ripper" <Ripper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:753FE132-F478-4952-ABEE-EA884BB75A19@microsoft.com... >I have a subform that I need to contain informat...

Access VB Managed DLL from un-managed Code of VC
Hi I have a managed DLL (class library) made in VB .NET 2003. I have to use the DLL in VC .NET 2003. My VC code is un-managed. How can I make the above work??? I created a simple windows console application to test my dll. In my VC project, I created an object of the class in VB DLL, it gives me ERROR that the 1. object can't be destroyed... 2. 'VBClassLibrary::TestClass' : illegal use of managed type 'VBClassLibrary::TestClass'; did you forget a '*'? I am not concerned about manage/un-managed code.. =MY DLL Code===========================================...

Will Outlook Web Access work on the same server as CRM 1.2?
Will Outlook Web Access work on the same server as CRM 1.2? I am trying to set up a single server install of Small Business Server 2003 Premium and CRM 1.2 using the directions in the CRM Implementation Guide. During the install I created a separate web site for CRM as per the guide. OWA was working fine before the install but afterwards I just get "page cannot be found" errors. Is OWA incompatible with CRM? Thanks, Steve OWA does not work with CRM. To my knowledge there is no component that we can install on the exchange server that would expose the CRM functionality to t...

Calculation for an Access Report
I have a unique calculation I need to produce and have the results appear on an Access Report. I need to take the value of a value in a column and essentially do the following: if the value in the column is 15 - 20, assign a point value of 1 if the value in the column is 21 - 25, assign a point value of 2 if the value of the column is 26 - 30, assign a point value of 3 The column value will appear on the Access Report regardless, and I need the point value to appear as well. How would I perform this calculation in Access? I know in Excel I can perform it with the LOOKUP command. I should h...

Access OWA 2003 from Japanese language clients
Hi all, i have some problem with my Client who are using the Japanese Language version in their Notebook, when they want to access OWA they only can see their mails and when they are trying to reply, forward or create a new mail they can doit but when they klik the send button suddenly an error message appears in Japanese language and it said that "Cannot fond out code page for this language on the server. Please contact to server manager." I'm using cluster for Exchange server 2003 Backend, I 'm wonder is there somethhing must be install in Exchange Server BE & F...

Subform of a subform?
Is there a way to create a two subforms (sub1 and sub2) on one main form, but have the second subform (sub2) actually be a subform of the first (sub1)? ...

Pasting Access table into Excel; can't use SUM function
We have 200+ Oracle database tables that we use to create queries and make tables. We create select queries on a daily basis that are comprised of approx. 8,000 to 14,000 records. We usually take this information and paste it into Excel for analysis. Recently, we upgraded from NT 4.0 WS to XP Pro. We noticed that when we now paste our information into excel, the formatting is changed. Numbers that we could easily SUM before, no longer respond to the sum function. When we use the SUM function, the function does not recognize the cell as a number and responds with '0'. When...

Access Smartlist tables
Is it possible to see the tables in the basic Smartlist queries? For example in the Company Module under Tax Detail Transactions can you see that table or tables that SL references? I am using GP 10 SP3. Thx in Advance Jim, On Disc 2 of the install CDs, in the Tools>Dex>Doc>PDF folder, there=92s a file called IG.pdf, which is the Dexterity Integration Guide. There=92s a section called SmartList Objects which contains a cross reference of all the tables and joins used in the standard SmartLists. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dyn...

how to use downloaded API in vc++ project
Hello, I am doing project uisng vc++. I have downloaded new API. how can i use it in my project . And how can i add corresponding dll of that API in my project. If posible send me the source code also and example program ...

Access 97 to Access 2000 11-03-03
After I converted the DB I'm receiving the compile error message:"Sub or function not defined ' SS_OnOpen Me'. Help!!! Hi LP, This is likely to be the result of something going wrong with the references in your VBA project. See http://members.rogers.com/douglas.j.steele/AccessReferenceErrors.html On Mon, 3 Nov 2003 06:19:12 -0800, "LP" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > After I converted the DB I'm receiving the compile error >message:"Sub or function not defined ' SS_OnOpen Me'. >Help!!! -- John Nurick [Microso...

Lots of emails, slowing down Outlook 2007
Outlook 2007, 1 pop3 account and 1 imap account. When I send/receive the pop3 speeds through, the imap 'send' completes rather quickly, but the imap 'synching imap folders' takes Forever, I'm assuming because instead of just checking for new messages it's also checking to see if I've deleted/moved any past messages. I need to keep all my imap messages as I refer to them from time to time, but I also need Outlook to be more 'responsive' when I check for new messages. Any idea how I can force imap to just check for new messages instead of cross checking the e...

Project Pro 2010 with Project Server 2007
I recently upgraded to Project Pro 2010. However, the Project Server is running 2007. I can open local project files fine, but when I try to open a project on the server I receive this error. "No permissions to read Project Server Enterprise Global file". Is Project Pro 2010 compatible with Project Server 2007? If so, how do I resolve this error? Thanks. -- Rick AFAIK Project Pro 2010 is not compatible with Project Server 2007. On the other hand, Project Pro 2007 is compatible with Project Server 2010 running in Backwards Compatibility Mode (BCM). - A...

Font problem in Access XP
I have Office 2007 but the package we got did not include Access so I am still using Access XP. (Which is actually good for me because I DESPISE Office 2007!!!!) Anyhow, I did some Microsoft updates yesterday and another update this morning. Now, when I open the Datasheet view in Access, it is using a weird font that is hard to read. If I go to Tools>Options and the click the Datasheet tab, there is a drop down list for fonts. The field is blank and nothing appears in the list. Any ideas what happened and how I can fix it? ...

Subform with Macro
I have a form (frm_BinDetails), within this form I have a subform (frm_Cable). frm_Cable has a listbox (List23) which when the user clicks on an entry the contents of the first column of that listbox are displayed in a textbox (txt_ProcessID). The on click event of the listbox runs a macro with the following code Action = SetValue Item = [Forms]![frm_Cable]![txt_ProcessID] Expression = [Forms]![frm_Cable]![List23] When I run the form frm_Cable on its own the macro works correctly but when I try and run from frm_BinDetails then whenever I click on an entry an error message appears saying th...

Slow Quote & Web info updates
I have been using Money 2006 Deluxe for about the past 15 months. I have dialup internet access. Up until about 7 to 10 days ago, when I would do a quote and web info update the downloads would average about 2 minutes. Now they are taking anywhere from 5 to 7 minutes to update. Has anybody else experience these longer delays? clou ...