Subform of a subform?

Is there a way to create a two subforms (sub1 and sub2) on one main form, but
have the second subform (sub2) actually be a subform of the first (sub1)?

subform in subform
Hi, I've got a form F and subform S1 in it. And inside S1 I've got subform S2. How do I reference a text box in S2 from VB code? thanx alek_mil Try: forms!F!S1!S2!textbox That should do the trick -- Maurice Ausum "alekm" wrote: > Hi, > I've got a form F and subform S1 in it. And inside S1 I've got subform S2. > How do I reference a text box in S2 from VB code? > thanx > > alek_mil You might find this useful as well... http://mvps.org/access/forms/frm0031.htm -- Jack Leach www.tristatemachine.com &q...

How To Stop Acces From Update The Record When The Subform Query Is On Focus?
Hi I need to know how to stop acces from update the record when the subform query is on focus? Thanks In news:1177155216.699820.268130@d57g2000hsg.googlegroups.com, Chipcom <bz1977@gmail.com> wrote: > > I need to know how to stop acces from update the record when the > subform query is on focus? If you mean that you want to keep the main form's record from being saved when the subform gets the focus, the only ways you can do that are: 1. Have the main form be unbound. In that case your own code has to do the job of reading the record, assigning its field values to ...

Textbox Information to Subform
I have a subform that I need to contain information from a main form. The sub form is linked by studentID, but I also need the tardy ID, TardyID, to populate the subDhall field txtTardyID. I tried the AfterUpdate of TardyID with this: Me!subDhall.txtTardyID=Me!frmTardyAdd.TardyID and Me!subDhall.frmTardyAdd.txtTardyID=Me!frmTardyAdd.TardyID to no avail. Anyone have any tips? -- Thanks As Always Rip "Ripper" <Ripper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:753FE132-F478-4952-ABEE-EA884BB75A19@microsoft.com... >I have a subform that I need to contain informat...

Subform of a subform?
Is there a way to create a two subforms (sub1 and sub2) on one main form, but have the second subform (sub2) actually be a subform of the first (sub1)? ...

Subform with Macro
I have a form (frm_BinDetails), within this form I have a subform (frm_Cable). frm_Cable has a listbox (List23) which when the user clicks on an entry the contents of the first column of that listbox are displayed in a textbox (txt_ProcessID). The on click event of the listbox runs a macro with the following code Action = SetValue Item = [Forms]![frm_Cable]![txt_ProcessID] Expression = [Forms]![frm_Cable]![List23] When I run the form frm_Cable on its own the macro works correctly but when I try and run from frm_BinDetails then whenever I click on an entry an error message appears saying th...

opening a subform to a specific record?
Hey y'all, I've got a form that lists all the Students in a class and a link to "Edit Student Information" which opens a form to edit individual records. The link uses the same type of code generated by the form wizard and it automatically filters the records to the class. The next thing I want to do is to open the new form to exactly the record that was highlighted in the list. I can capture the list position from the subform (SelTop) and I found a method called "GoToRecord" that works like this to go to the 8th record: DoCmd.GoToRecord acDataForm, "Studen...

Printing a single record from a tab control subform
Hi I have created a Case Management Database of students. It consists of a main form and a subform. The main form consists of information that must be seen at all times. since it consists of information about each student. The subform consists of a tab control. There is a different subject on each page of the tab contol, e.g. General Information, Current Student Information, etc. I need to print out the mainform and subforms so I created reports for each subform in my tab control. I want to put a "Print" button on each page of my tabcontrol so that when cl...

Get Subform Data
I'm looking for a way to get the data from a chosen record in a continuous subform. I have a customer form and a continuous subform with all of the charges associated with the customer. Is it possible to have a button on the form, prompt the user to highlight a record (the charge info.) in the continuous subform and get the information about the charge? If there is not a way to do this, I'm pretty sure that I can achieve what I want to do via a list box. Open the subform in design view, and set its Record Selectors property to Yes. (This is a property of the Form, not o...

Code to duplicate data from one subform to two other subforms
This is my first database so I hope I am able to talk the language well enough to get help. I have a form with three subforms. The 1st subform is titled Service Record subform and has fields for Department, Job Title, Date In, Date Out, and Time Served. The 2nd and 3rd subforms are Department Service and Job Title Service. I would like to be able to enter an employee's information in the 1st subform and have it populate the 2nd and 3rd subforms. I am wanting the Department Name along with time served to populate the 2nd subform and the Job Title Name and time served populate th...

Problem with Filtering Form with Subform in Acces Data Project 200
When I aplly filter (by form) to a form with subform in Acces Data Project 2007, subform loose data; subform does'n show any data; Moveing to next/prev. record in main form doesn't synchronise subform wich is still and always blank; I must close and reopen form to get again subform data... Main form contains about 50000 records and subform contains 30-60 records related to main form selected within 1,500,000 records in table. Moveing to next/prev. record work correctly when filter is not applied. Acces Data Project 2007 use SQL Server 2005 Express SP2 installed on Windows Vista...

Subform within a subform
I have a subform (Person) which is nested within another subform (PersonalAssistant). Everything works fine except the foreign key in the PersonalAssistant subform. I have used the Link Child and Master Fields property to establish this link. In this case the primary key for the Person table is PersonID. Its an autonumber field which begins from 4000. When the foreign key is added by access, it takes the last digit or last two digits. So say the PersonID is 4001. What I see in the PersonalAssistant subform and table on the PersonID foreign key field is 1. On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 17:39:00 ...

Linking subforms on a tabbed page
Hello, I have a database that uses a main form with several tabbed pages. On one tabbed page I have two subforms. The first subform lists all the records in datasheet view. When the user selects a record in the first form it should display the details for that specific record in the second subform. I have created a hidden text field (txtRelay) that references the id field for the selected record in the first subform ([fsubSec_Data].[Form]![txtSecurityID]) and placed it on the tabbed page. I then have tried to link the records on the second form using the Master and Child fields....

Display balance on subform
I am trying to display a Stock Status report on a subform. The data comes initially from a union query which combines Stocktake data, Receipts and Issues. This is then sorted and the underlying query creates extra columns for Receipts, Issues and Balance. I have added a dummy first record to zeroise the Balance column. When the subform is first displayed, it is correct, but if the screen is scrolled, very strange things happen, like transactions being processed twice. Does anyone know whether this is possible in a datasheet subform - or do I need to go to continuous forms displayed a...

Form/Subform Coding
I have a form with a subform using both Master and Linked Child fields. I want to change the Linked Child Field based on a value in a checkbox (0 or -1). Any CODING ideas would be appreciated. "New Guy" wrote: > I have a form with a subform using both Master and Linked Child fields. I > want to change the Linked Child Field based on a value in a checkbox (0 or > -1). Any CODING ideas would be appreciated. Retrieve the checkbox value then the following code could be useful: Public Function displayVarform(strmainform, strSubformcontrol, strControlname, strChildF...

Speed up Form with 4 Subforms
Hello, I've got a time card database. Our office uses 4 types of time (Project, Admin, etc). I want to have a form that shows 4 sections -- one section for each type of time. I have successfully built the query that contains summary data for all time. No problem there. Currently, I have 4 sub-forms on the main form -- one subform for each type. On Form_Load, I bind the 4 subforms to the one query, with the "Forecast_Work_Type_Code" field deciding which data goes in which subform: Me!subfrm_Forecast_Summary_User_NonCSD.Form.RecordSource = "SELECT qry_Forecast_Summ...

Link Subform to subform within another subform
I have a mainform that has subform1. Subform1 has 2 subforms, subform2 and subform3. How do I link subform2 to subform3 using ManyID as the link between them? I don't know how to reference the control ManyID in subform2 from subform3. Any ideas? Thank you, Sarah Sarah wrote: >I have a mainform that has subform1. Subform1 has 2 subforms, subform2 and >subform3. How do I link subform2 to subform3 using ManyID as the link >between them? I don't know how to reference the control ManyID in subform2 >from subform3. I have heard that you can set subform3's L...

Budget Subforms
I have a project for a client that is essentially goals and subgoals, so for instance, you have goal 1 and subgoal 1.1. I've created a table tblBudget with fields BudgetLineID, BudgetGoalNumber, Amount and BudgetCategory (which comes from a separate categories table). I created a form with a subform to enter the different budget amounts, it opens from the form which you enter the goals and takes the goal number as a filter for the budget form. The client would like the budget to display the sum of all the subgoals, as well as have the opportunity to enter ine items for that goal. So for i...

how to pass data from subform to another subform?
Hi everyone, I have a main form for Customers and two subforms. One of them is for customer orders and the other on is to explore the products that we offer to the customer. In customer order subform, there is a combo box to store the product ID, but what I want to do is adding a commend button at the products explore subform to pass the product ID to the subform customer orders. The point of that is, each product has an image and I want to cusomter to explore the products image, price… before adding it in the customer order subform. How to do that please? ...

Syntax to reference subform from other subform on split-form in 2007
Hi All, I have a form in Split form mode. On the form section I have two subforms. The first subform has a list of courses that student is taking - FrmSubCourseRef. the second subform shows details of the course - FrmSubCourseDetails. OnDoubleclick on the CourseReference Field in FrmSubCourseRef should filter the second subform FrmSubCourseDetails showing the details for that course. The problem is that the syntax for referencing the second form does not work in the split-form. Me.Parent.Form![FrmSubCourseDetails].Form.Filter = "CourseRef= " & Me.CourseRef Me.Parent.Fo...

how do I create tabbed subforms
How do I make a few subforms on a form but make each subform have a tab across the top so the users can click the tab and see each subform individually? Place the Tabbed Control on your form. Go to Insert - Tabbed Pages Add pages to get the total you need Select a page and add the Subform control to it. Select another page and repeat The main thing to remember when working with tabbed pages is that you have to select the given page before adding a control. Otherwise, although it looks like you're adding the control to the topmost page, you're actually adding it to the form, and i...

ORDER DETAIL SUBFORM
Iam using the customer order database which I downloaded from the microsoft website. I have a order detail subform which has a combo box which retrieves the ProductID from Products. I also want the unit price to be retreived from the products table. I don't want the customer to change the unit price in the order detail. Please help me to create this. Thank you PON ...

subforms: using input from one subform to update the other subform
Hello. I'm hoping that someone can help me. I have 2 subforms on separate tabs. Based on a user's input on subform 1, I would like a combo box on subform 2 to be enabled or disabled. Does anyone have a solution? Please let me know. Thanks in advance. Controls on subforms are always referred to via the parent form. See http://www.mvps.org/access/forms/frm0031.htm at "The Access Web" for details. Note that depending on how the forms were added as subforms, the name of the subform control may be different than the name of the form being used as a sub...

Auto Populate a Subform Query
I have set up a subform based on the query “qryIncidentLog” The query is based on more one than combo box on the main form. How do you get the subform to automatically populate when you hit enter after entering the data in each of the combo boxes? The subform should be able to auto populate even when some of the combo boxes are left blank. Thanks -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com set the criteria in each subform query field to "mainform control" Or "mainform control is null". for example, let's say the mainform is named FormA, and you have two ...

Can't add a record because a record is required in the subform
Hi Folks, In a database of mine I have a form with a few text boxes (first name, last name ...) and some subforms for additional information. When I try and register a new person and have typed in what is required in the form, I move to the first subform. Then Access says that it can't add a new record (in the form, as I understand it) because a record is required in the first subform. Have you any idea what this is and how I fix it? If you have please let me know. Thank you very much in advance. Jo On Jan 25, 4:46 am, Jo Gjessing <JoGjess...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >...

Update on master record when click onto subform of detail
Hello, I am using Access 2000 (my company doesn't believe in upgrades :) ) and using Oracle as a back-end. I have a form with a subform representing a master detail relationship where Attribute table attrib_id, Name, Mandatory, default_ AttributeValues table attribval_id, attrib_id, Value_ These are referenced by a projects table. I won't get into those tables. For attributes which are mandatory I need to allow the user to assign a default. The way I have done this on the form is to place a unbound radio button on each record of subform. Then place a tran...