Subform is not visible when the main form opens

I am having great difficulty with the subform and it's nested form
disappearing when the main form opens.  When I switch to design view it
reappers .  This is my main data entry form and the heart of the database I
have created.  Does the control source for each form have to be the same?  I
have the main form's control source as the main table and the subform's is a
query and the nested form is another query.  Is this correct?

Hi -

If I understand you correctly, you have a main form, a sub-form, and another
sub-form on the first one, i.e. three levels - is that correct?

If your sub-form seems to "disappear" when the main form opens, it probably
means that there is no data (records) for the sub-form to display.  You can
fix that by having the Data Entry property of the sub-form set to "Yes".  If
the subform will be used for data editing or viewing as well as (new) data
entry, then you will have to set the value of the DataEntry property of the
subform to "yes" or "no" in VBA.

The record source (I assume that's what you mean by "control source") of the
main form and sub-form(s) does not have to be the same, in fact it would be
unusual for it to be the same.  The commonest scenario (but by no means the
only one) is for the sub-form to have the "many" side of a one-to-many
relationship as its record source.  The source can be a query, but if so it
must be updateable (unless you are just using it for display purposes).
Using a query as the record source won't work for a form used for data entry
unless the query is based on only one table, in which case you might just as
well use the table as the record source.

John

--
John Goddard
Ottawa, ON Canada

J_Goddard

Go to > Special > Visible cells only
Columns A, J, K and L are visible. Columns B to I are hidden. When I select a few rows using the shift key, click "visible cells only," click copy icon and paste icon, I only got column A pasted. I am surprised not to see J, K and L because to me they are visible as well. What have I missed? Appreciate explanation. Epinn As soon as I posted, I found my answer. The copied data are copied into **consecutive** rows or columns. I had to unhide the paste area to see all of the copied cells. These two posts should help me remember in the future. Thanks for your attention. Wer...

subform in subform
Hi, I've got a form F and subform S1 in it. And inside S1 I've got subform S2. How do I reference a text box in S2 from VB code? thanx alek_mil Try: forms!F!S1!S2!textbox That should do the trick -- Maurice Ausum "alekm" wrote: > Hi, > I've got a form F and subform S1 in it. And inside S1 I've got subform S2. > How do I reference a text box in S2 from VB code? > thanx > > alek_mil You might find this useful as well... http://mvps.org/access/forms/frm0031.htm -- Jack Leach www.tristatemachine.com &q...

Form customization 09-02-05
Hi all I added a new tab (in Contact form) with some custom fields in the tab. I'm able to see it when I preview it. But, the custom tab doesnt get listed as a user when I am using it? I also tried with Publishing them, but didnt help. Please advise as what needs to be done --- Regards Paras You have to restart the IIS. In ASP.net the whole applicatoin is cached and runs in a tempory asp.net-application directory. So you have to run "iisreset" to let the changes appear. "Paras" <parasu78@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1125642862.492777.306350@g49g...

How To Stop Acces From Update The Record When The Subform Query Is On Focus?
Hi I need to know how to stop acces from update the record when the subform query is on focus? Thanks In news:1177155216.699820.268130@d57g2000hsg.googlegroups.com, Chipcom <bz1977@gmail.com> wrote: > > I need to know how to stop acces from update the record when the > subform query is on focus? If you mean that you want to keep the main form's record from being saved when the subform gets the focus, the only ways you can do that are: 1. Have the main form be unbound. In that case your own code has to do the job of reading the record, assigning its field values to ...

Automated task to present data in a graph form.
Hi, I am newbie to Excel area. I got a requirement where in I need to present the Excel sheet data with 3 columns in a graphical form. Everyday, the excel sheet is populated with the current data. This is automated from the backend. I want to know whether there is any possibility of a macro which draws a graph with the data present in the excel sheet. It should be an automated task. Thanks for the help in advance. -- luckyguy ------------------------------------------------------------------------ luckyguy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=285...

When sending mail, it opens Pictureit!
When I go to send mail, Outlook is opening Microsoft Picture It! Publishing 2001. I cancel normally before it goes all the way thru. But if I let it go, it gets as far as needing the disc. It still sends my mail, but is very annoying. Any suggestions on what this might be? ...

Textbox Information to Subform
I have a subform that I need to contain information from a main form. The sub form is linked by studentID, but I also need the tardy ID, TardyID, to populate the subDhall field txtTardyID. I tried the AfterUpdate of TardyID with this: Me!subDhall.txtTardyID=Me!frmTardyAdd.TardyID and Me!subDhall.frmTardyAdd.txtTardyID=Me!frmTardyAdd.TardyID to no avail. Anyone have any tips? -- Thanks As Always Rip "Ripper" <Ripper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:753FE132-F478-4952-ABEE-EA884BB75A19@microsoft.com... >I have a subform that I need to contain informat...

Error 1402 Registry key ... cannot be opened
I'm running Office 2007 under Windows 7 (64-bit) on a new Dell computer. Everything worked fine for three month. Suddenly I received an error when I started an Office application: "The application is not installed for thze actual user. Start set-up". When I start set-up the procedure is finished by error 1402 "The registry key ... cannot be opened by set-up." I tried to deinstall Office and got the same error key. I am working under an administartor profile. And I have full access rights of file Opa12.dat. Does anybody knows what to do ? -- Best re...

Outlook 2003 Sharing Forms
Hi: I created a new Task Form and need for others on my team to be able to send it out as well. When I send it to other team members they are not bale to see the tabs or required fields on the from. Is there a simple resolution? Thanks. Try this page:: http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=34 -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, Future Date Emails asked: | Hi: I created a new Task Form and need...

Open Form Button
OL 2007 Can I add a button to the menu bar to open a specific form. Thanks What type of form? An Outlook form? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, PapaFrank asked: | OL 2007 Can I add a button to the menu bar to open a specific form. | Thanks Sorry an Email Template .oft stored in userstemplates in file system. "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <what@ever> wrote in message news:OeV...

Default opening .pub as New instead of Open
I have created a publisher template complete with lots of custom macros and settings. Unfortunately, Publisher doesn't treat it's templates (which are named with the same file extension as the normal pubs) like other programs treate templates. I would love it if I could FORCE publisher to open this template as New instead of Open. By opening it new if a user accidentally clicks Save they will not save over the template. A command line option would do the trick if there is one... Cory When I make changes to a custom template and click save, it does not overwrite the templa...

Outlook 2007 will not open 01-09-10
When I try to open Outlook, I get an error that says "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window." It was working fine and now it will not open Try starting Outlook with the resetnavpane switch; Start-> type; outlook.exe /resetnavpane (note the space in the command) For additional solutions to startup issues see; http://www.www.howto-outlook.com/faq/outlookdoesntstart.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more htt...

Subform of a subform?
Is there a way to create a two subforms (sub1 and sub2) on one main form, but have the second subform (sub2) actually be a subform of the first (sub1)? ...

Inputs on one sheet dependent on which sheet is visible.
I have created a workbook with a group of sheets that are agendas for client meetings. I want to create one worksheet that is a synopsis agenda that is prefilled based on the inputs of whichever agenda is selected. For example: If a client is coming in for a investment planning meeting, the advisor agenda will have different inputs than a tax planning meeting, but I want the client agenda to show the advisor agenda section based on which meeting it is. The agenda section of the advisor has inputs from a userform and also has text in cells and form comboboxes. Is it possibl...

how do i open email that was sent by power point
how?please help bub recon wrote: > how?please help ==================================== If you're asking how to *view* a PowerPoint file...there's a free viewer you can download at the following link. PowerPoint2003 Viewer http://tinyurl.com/nmze Supported Operating Systems: Windows 2000 Service Pack 3, Windows 98 Second Edition, Windows ME, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP This download works with presentations created in the following Office programs: Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2003 Microsoft PowerPoint 2002 Microsoft PowerPoint 2000 Microsoft PowerPoint 97 -- John I...

Subform with Macro
I have a form (frm_BinDetails), within this form I have a subform (frm_Cable). frm_Cable has a listbox (List23) which when the user clicks on an entry the contents of the first column of that listbox are displayed in a textbox (txt_ProcessID). The on click event of the listbox runs a macro with the following code Action = SetValue Item = [Forms]![frm_Cable]![txt_ProcessID] Expression = [Forms]![frm_Cable]![List23] When I run the form frm_Cable on its own the macro works correctly but when I try and run from frm_BinDetails then whenever I click on an entry an error message appears saying th...

Find record created in form load
There may be many thing wrong with this, so I apologize from the start. I have one form that builds the reference number, and I want to transfer that and other information to the Main Input Form, and then move to that record in the Main Input Form. Right now, the form opens to the first record. I have the following in the Form_Load event: Private Sub Form_Load() If Me.OpenArgs = 1 Then DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec [Issue Entry Date] = Now() Me.Issue_Reference_Number = Forms!frmnewissue_setup.Text5 Me.division = Forms!frmnewissue_setup.Combo3 ...

macros on a form
hi we have a workbook containing serveral worksheets each worksheet contains a lot of data we have split each worksheet into three pages for print purposes what we want to do is have a form containing drop down list of names we need each name to select and run a macro can this be done? thanks in advance kevin Kevin Carter Sigma Machining XL and VBA are capable of a lot. From the generic description of the problem, I would say yes. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Business solutions leveraging technology Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) 2000-2004 In art...

opening a subform to a specific record?
Hey y'all, I've got a form that lists all the Students in a class and a link to "Edit Student Information" which opens a form to edit individual records. The link uses the same type of code generated by the form wizard and it automatically filters the records to the class. The next thing I want to do is to open the new form to exactly the record that was highlighted in the list. I can capture the list position from the subform (SelTop) and I found a method called "GoToRecord" that works like this to go to the 8th record: DoCmd.GoToRecord acDataForm, "Studen...

Moved Servers
I'm running GP 9.0 on a SQL 2000 server and have been attempting to move it to an existing SQL 2005 server with other production db's on it but not GP (until now). I followed the steps in KB 878449. After a few tweaks (ensuring the same GP items were installed and copying dynamics.dic) I succesfully logged in. Now the issue: When I go to Tools | Setup | Company | Tax Schedules and choosing one of the existing Tax Schedule ID's nothing shows in the Selected Tax Detail ID's (on the right hand box) but if I add in an Available Tax Detail ID that should be there it's s...

Using Form to input multiple field to table at once
In this simplified exampe, I have 2 tables Table#1: Students with field <Name> Table#2: Attendance with fields <Date> , <Name> and <Present/Absent> which is a checkbox to be checked if present. I would like to make a Form which generates a tabular list of all student pulled from the "Students" table so that I can then click the check box next to each students name that is present on a given day. I would also like one input field on the form to input the date only once Then, I would like to be able to click a button to have form update m...

User Form
Hello, Anyone who can help me with this problem/error in Excel 2000. System Error &H8007000B (-2147024885) An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. Error was encountered when trying to Insert a UserForm. Excel --> Tools --> Macro --> Visual Basic Editor --> Insert --> UserForm Appreciate any assistance. Thanks. ...

Printing a single record from a tab control subform
Hi I have created a Case Management Database of students. It consists of a main form and a subform. The main form consists of information that must be seen at all times. since it consists of information about each student. The subform consists of a tab control. There is a different subject on each page of the tab contol, e.g. General Information, Current Student Information, etc. I need to print out the mainform and subforms so I created reports for each subform in my tab control. I want to put a "Print" button on each page of my tabcontrol so that when cl...

Get Subform Data
I'm looking for a way to get the data from a chosen record in a continuous subform. I have a customer form and a continuous subform with all of the charges associated with the customer. Is it possible to have a button on the form, prompt the user to highlight a record (the charge info.) in the continuous subform and get the information about the charge? If there is not a way to do this, I'm pretty sure that I can achieve what I want to do via a list box. Open the subform in design view, and set its Record Selectors property to Yes. (This is a property of the Form, not o...

Find and History on form
Hey, I am trying to do a form that has several buttons on it. next, previous, print, find, spelling and history. I've done most of them with macros, but I don't know what to do to make the Find and History buttons. Can someone help me? ...