I am using a subform within a form to have users update certain fields in the
record where the rest remiain locked.  On the Main form when the list box
(which is bound to a query) is used to select the record set to display in
the subform  it sometimes takes an old record and assigns a new value to the
record.  For example it changes the Period field from 9 to 10.  Taking a
record created in period 9 and assigning a period ten to it which is the
selection I make in the list box.  Addtionally, it looks like it is taking
the first record in the related table to assign this new value to.  I hope
that makes sense.  Anything wil help.
--
Thanks,
Scott

Duplicating MainForm, SubForm and Sub-SubForm
Hello Everyone, I have an Order Entry Form composed of a MainForm, a SubForm and 2 Sub- Subforms. The SubForm is a continuous form. The two Sub-SubForms are children of a SubForm via a foreign key (which is the Primary Key of a SubForm). There are some instances when customers revised their order by changing just the amount of orders or by just removing one item and the rest are the same. To do this, I would like to keep the initial order (record) and create another record by duplicating the first order then change the amount (or remove an item whatever the case maybe) on the new record. The...

Microsoft Access Table Record Limitation
Hi, is there a limit to how may rows an access table can have before it performs poorly? "mark" <user@msgroups.net/> wrote in message news:OGxT6vdgKHA.2596@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi, is there a limit to how may rows an access table can have before it > performs poorly? > > --- > frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.access/ That's depends upon the type and quality of indexes, as well as other factors. I have a database front-end that connects to a 1.1 GB backend with 6 million records. By using the primary key, I can pull 1 record ...

How do I determine a y value for x ?
I create a chart from data. I now want to use that chart and data to predict the y value for any given value of x. How do I go about doing that in Excel? Is there a way to do curve fitting to get an equation for a curve? HOw do I go about doing any and/or all of this? You can add a trendline to a chart series. You can use the trendline formula (be sure to use enough significant figures to get a reasonable result) or the LINEST worksheet function to get coefficients to compute Y values for known X values. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services, Inc...

Re: New file management software
thanatoid wrote: > "Bill in Co." <not_really_here@earthlink.net> wrote in > news:ettFOVtqKHA.4752@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl: > >> thanatoid wrote: > > <SNIP> > >> If he is so ignorant he can't use Windows Explorer, he >> doesn't deserve to use a computer. > > A monkey could use WE. And wouldn't know it's better not to. Nonsense. It's just a matter of being flexible enough to be able to fully use the right tool for the right job. Just like when I explained about using ERUNT vs System Restore, but...

Outlook 2000 Sub folder
Hi I am using outlook 2000 and I have a created a subfolder in my inbox however I am unable to view the folder My Shortcuts on the left hand side of the screen where all my other sub folders are located. In the navigation bar at the top of my pane there is an icon called "move to Folder" and the folder is located here. I am unable to find the location of the folder therefore unable to open the folder or move it to "My shortcuts" I am in need of your expertise. I am ok with computers and can follow instructions so please please please help. Thanking you in ...

Print to custom Forms offline
Does anyone know how to or if there is a third paty software that allows you to print to a customized form while offline with the laptop client? Please let me know thanks. Dan white wrote: > Does anyone know how to or if there is a third paty software that allows you > to print to a customized form while offline with the laptop client? > > Please let me know thanks. i think that you could do a mail merge using your local sql offline db. You would need to crete a new ODBC connection through administrative tools that connects to your local db and then create a new mail merge .d...

How to set form caption / text?
I use MFC Visual C++ 4.2. I am developing an application with main window and a few childs window. How to set each child window text / caption everytime I call DoModal? If I set "Entry Form" then the window I call will displayed with "Entry Form" caption. Thank you. You can use SetWindowText to set it. For a dialog, you should do it any time after its created(IOW, not in constructor). OnInitDialog and after is fine. -- Ajay "Landon" <Landon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F18C3988-E5F2-413E-8CCF-78143066DB29@microsoft.com... >I ...

Append Query
Hi All I have a table linked to an Excel spreadsheet, which has formulas in it like If(a2="","",now() ). When i go to the linked table in Access, it shows <>"#Num!" whenever I have the formula and there is no data in A2, of course... But I want to create an append query from this table, and only append records that do not have #Num! recorded. Is there a criteria I can input that says <>"#Num!" that will work for this situation? Hope someone can help, Kind regards Adam The problem is that Now is a numeric field, wherea...

sub-process
What is the sub-process function in the workflow? How do you set one up? Why would you use it? A sub-process is a way to call a manual rule. If you create a manual rule in workflow called Rule A, in another rule you can insert a sub-process and select the manual rule to run. This is a helpful way to create loops and if/then rules that trigger other events. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "David M" wrote: > What is the sub-process function in the workflow? > How do you set one up? > Why would you use it? > ...

New Template Landscape Default?
Hi, I'm working on a huge flowchart project where our default is landscape flowcharts. Is there any way I can make my new template default to landscape as well? Any help is greatly appreciated. Nancy, Create a new template by saving a blank drawing as a template (*.vst or *.vtx) after changing the page properties and having the stencils open that you want. You could take the opportunity to create a corporate title block with logo on a background page. You can have a fancy preview image appear in the File \ New \ Category browser if you want. How you make it appear in your own categ...

Execuitve new project request form
I have an instance of project server 2007 and am looking for an elegant way to have senior executives in the company submit new project requests. I dont want them to go into the proposals becasue i am really just looking for a way to capture the initial request along with key fields that our PMO would use to determine next steps. My thought was to create a custom form or similiar. I also am creating a simple profolio view for them so they can see status of active projects as well as current new requests in queue. any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. Probably ...

Can't set # of rows on new field?
Hi, I just added a Directions field to the Address entity. When I add it to the Form, I do not see an option to set the number of rows to display. However a similar Directions field I added to the Client entity (under Formatting tab) shows a Row Layout section with that option and a checkbox to expand to use available space. What would prevent that from appearing? Thanks, - Steve Yates - ITS, Inc. - Heather Locklear Scratch and Sniff-> [[[[[[[[[[[[[[ ~ Taglines by Taglinator - www.srtware.com ~ When you create the attribute, you must specify that it will be displayed as...

Sub, Private Sub, Public Sub
I got a different lap top and when I moved my Personal.xls from one to the other some of my macros were not on the list of macros when you go to tools>macros. Although when I look in the code they are there. I figured out that the ones that were "Private Sub" macros were no working. I also figured that when I changed them to just "Sub" they worked. I do know that if "It aint broke don't fix it, cus to try is usually to fix it till it is broke." But what is the difference between "Sub", "Private Sub", & "Public ...

Calculated Control
I had a calculated control on a report that used this formula: =Round((DSum("[General Sale Epense]","[Expenses]")-DSum("[Out lot]","[Lot Info]"))/DSum("[Price]","[Lot info]"),4) There is a need to change the criteria so the first DSum only totals "[General Sale Expense]" if the field [Expense Type] has a value of "All Consignors" How do I adjust the formula? Thank you -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP DSum("[General Sale Epense]","[Expenses]","[Expense Type] = ""All ...

Customization of a form. Now it is not possible to print the form
After we have customized the form it is not possible to print from it. Can someone explain where I can customize that report and if it is a long procedure? Are you using an onLoad event to make a change on the form? Yes, we are using an onLoad event! "jdubb" wrote: > Are you using an onLoad event to make a change on the form? > Well, if your event is making any changes to the data in any of the form fields, it will trigger the dirty page detection when you try to print the record. There are a few options: - If your customization is a one time change - like updating a v...

Prevent Duplicate Records
Hi, I'm Jean and looking to see how I can prevent duplicate records in a table. I have a form that is called "Tickets" this form generate the current date in a date field in a table, using a macro. This macro execute using a command button. I want to create a method in the macro code that review first that date that are contain in a textbox and then check if this date is in the field of the table and then a message that shows that you cannot duplicate the date in the table then close and cancel the macro. I have part of the code but is not complete. Did you have an idea?Thanks ...

Acc2002 - Form/subform
I have a main form with a combo box and a subform. The combo box contains a list of 15 tables. I want to be able to select a table from the combo box, and then have the table show in the subform, so I can then edit the table. Since each table contains different fields, does that mean I need to create a separate form for each of the 15 tables? Is there a way around this? I tried setting the RecordSource dynamically (in the combo box AfterUpdate event), but I'm not sure how to handle the controls on the subform, since the controls will be different for each table. Any ideas would be much...

Why do fields lose their correct value when file is reopened?
I am producing a manual in Word for a client. I sent a draft in which all the page references were correct. In the review copies I'm getting back, all the page numbers have reverted to some value like the first number in the sequence. This is unacceptable for something that needs to stay correct when it's in the client's possession and I'm not there to keep it right. Can someone tell me what causes fields to lose the value that they had at save? -- Christopher Brewster Lockheed Martin, Eagan MN Message posted via http://www.officekb.com Hi Christopher, The ...

(Sub)totals
Hello everybody. I have the following problem: I have an Excel file with Column B 'Quantity' and column F 'Sector'. Now i need to count all the quantities within the same sector Sorting + AutoSum isn't an option, since the file has other calculations in it as well, that also depend on a sort. There's in my Dutch version a function 'DBSUM' and a function 'TURNTABEL.FETCH' ... these are translated terms, so I don't know if they match with English versions ... but could someone please tell me how these functions work, since i can't get them right (n...

Setting Combobox Values
I have come across a strange error. I have a userform set up with 5 comboboxes. Each box has its item populated when you load the form based on the contents of a range on worksheet. I use the following code to update the combobox (ctl is th combobox to be populated): Dim i As Integer 'loop counter ctl.Clear PopulateReviewerList fileList With Worksheets("Reviewer Data") For i = 1 To ArrayMethods.Size(fileList) - 1 ctl.AddItem .Cells(fileList(i), 2).Value & " - " .Cells(fileList(i), 3).Value Next i End With Once the form is loaded, a second function sets the ...

Data entry form #3
Thanks icestationzbra . somewhat it solved my requiremt. Thanks Tom -- SMIL ----------------------------------------------------------------------- SMILE's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=488 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26808 Hi, this entry form was posted here some time ago please pay credit the origial author whoose name escapes me at present Ro +------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: EntryForm.zip |Download: http:/...

Add CompanyName to Opportunities Form
The opportunity form does not allow me to add the CompanyName of the lead. Neither does the Contact Form. This seems a little restrictive. Any advise on a workaround would be greatly appreciated. Thanks - Mitch use deployment manager to create a mapping from lead to opportunity to bring over the company name -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Mitch" <Mitch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7423C9B9-2476-4296-8314-EEF7928D4ED2@microsoft.com... > The opportunity form does not allow me to add the CompanyName of the lead. >...

Adding a new field to a form in Access 2002
Hi I am building my first Access database. I am doing ok so far but I added a new field to a table and I want to view that field in an existing form (well, subform actually) without having to recreate the form and all the design changes I have made (positioning of boxes etc.) Is this possible in Access 2002? Or should do I have to create the form all over again? -- Mick You should be able to open the form in design mode and add the new field to the form especially if the form is directly linked to the table. If you have a query as the record source, you may need to add t...

Knowledge Base Articles for new Hotfixes
I've been noticing for the last little bit that, whenever a new hotfix is released, it takes quite a while for the associated Knowledge Base article to appear for it. In the case of the 293 hotfix, it took almost two months before we were able to see a KB article and see what would be affected by the update. In the future, Microsoft should be releasing the KB article at the same time. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has had to deal with this. Thanks! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes....

Problem arranging controls on form
I have a pretty complex form with lots of controls. The controls at the top of the form are positioned inside three rectangles. At the bottom of the form is a tab control. In design view, there is about an eight of an inch vertical space between each rectange and between the bottom rectangle and the top of the tab control. However in form view the tab control overlays the bottom quarter inch of the bottom rectangle. I've fiddled with this for ages and cannot get a separation between the bottom rectangle and the top of the tab control. This is driving me crazy. Any ideas what could c...