Startup form selection based on Group permission Options

Hello Group,

I have an application that I would like to select the startup form the
user sees based on the permissions of their user group.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

0
BWD

Startup form selection based on Group permission Options
Hello Group, I have an application that I would like to select the startup form the user sees based on the permissions of their user group. Any suggestions? Thanks ...

Using a calendar in a form
Hello, I work on an app in VBA/Access, and I would like to use a MS calendar control to allow the user to select a date. But when I use the calendar with : calDate.Value = Now() I found the that calendar is set on today year and month (October 2007), and with the day (29) selected. What I would like is to have the calendar set on October 2007, but with no day selected. Is this possible ? How can it be done ? Thank you for your help. On Oct 29, 11:28 am, nartla <bruno.bar...@altran.com> wrote: > Hello, > > I work on an app in VBA/Access, and I would like to use a MS cal...

Getting error "selection is too large" when copying data
I was copying multiple cells to other rows in my spreadsheet and I received an error "Selection is too large". I have never received this before and I have had some huge spreadsheets... ...

Multi-lingual options
Hello fellow newsgroupies, I am writing an application which must support multiple languages (text in menus, controls, dialogs etc). Ideally the ability to change from one language to the other should be available at run-time but if that isn't possile then compile-time will have to do. What is the best way to do this? Many thanks, 'Newsgroupie' Hi, You would have to define what "best" means. In short, the official way gives a very thorough job at a high cost. It is possible to cut many corners to provide reduced thoroughness at less cost. In order to say where c...

group list in address sends muddles a few email addresses
When I send an email to a group in the address book, sometimes the email addresses are just garbage, or perhaps just a single letter (like 'e'). This means, of course, that these people (maybe two or three out of, say, ten) don't get the message. Sometimes when I go back and check the email addresses in the group, lo and behold there is the "e" or the garbage address. How do these get there? And why does this recreate itself even after I reenter the accurate email addresses in place of the garbage addresses? Can this flaw be corrected? ...

forms looping
Hi there I have created a form with a header and footer. The body of the form loops around when I use the scroll bar to go down. Is there a way to make it stop once it gets to the bottom of the body of the form once-- rather than starting at the top again. I think it does 3 loops. -- Thank-you! Ruth Right click on the form section and turn Force New Page to aftersection. "Ruth" wrote: > Hi there > > I have created a form with a header and footer. The body of the form loops > around when I use the scroll bar to go down. Is there a way to make it stop > o...

photo on a form
I am asked to create a database that has employee info. When it is finished they want to be able to query the employee's name and bring up that info in an easy to read form. I can do that, but they also want a photo of the employee to appear in the form for verification. I have no idea how the make the photo thing work or if it is even possible. I would be great if someone can steer me in the right direction. Eric Have you looked into the Northwind db that comes with Access? I believe they have "employee photo" capabilities in that. Regards Jeff Boyce Mic...

Updating values from a subform to a main form
I am putting together a form for various tenant transactions. The main form has the tenant general info, while the subform contains transaction information. A field in the main form is for the tenant's total balance, and I have a field in the subform that has it calculated. The problem that I'm having is that I can't seem to get the updated information from the subform to the main form. It seemed that using some VBA code would help, but I don't know how to represent a field that isn't in the form the code is written for. On a similar note, I was wondering if there w...

check contraint based on another column
In SQL 2008 std, I want to default some value in a column based on another column value within the same table For example, if column A has a value of 0, then column B can only have a value 1. If column A has a value of 1, then column B can only have a value of 2. If column A has other values, column B has 3. Can I use check contraint to do that? If not, what other ways? OC -- Message posted via SQLMonster.com http://www.sqlmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/sql-server/201004/1 Hi OC It is possible to have a column CHECK constraint that references another column in the tabl...

Insert comments on Option Button of Forms Toolbar
How can Insert comments on Option Button of Forms Toolbar? It ispossible also to assign web link on Option button? Thanks for your help. Rechie There are two places to put text with the Option button from the Forms toolbar. 1. The caption - it shows on the right of the control. 2. Right click, Format Control:Web tab:Alternative Text "Rechie" <Rechie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F6A11AEE-5B90-4A8C-B4A3-F820D33934F7@microsoft.com... > How can Insert comments on Option Button of Forms Toolbar? > It ispossible also to assign web li...

choice selection button in a cell
Hi, I need to have a choice/radio button in a cell, wherein the user can just choose only one option instead of choosing from the drop down menu that appears against a cell when data validation method is used. Ex : User has to choose one of the 3 options shown in a cell. Can someone in this forum share the knowledge of how to go about achieving the same ? my skills are very limited and have only used the existing functions in xls. -- jkkumar ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jkkumar's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getin...

form problems
I have a main form with a subform. The subform is in datasheet view. Basically what I am trying to prevent is a user from submitting their information when one of the fields in the subform has a certain value (call it aaa for ease). So, if they hit submit and the field that I am trying to not let have aaa in it has it, they won't be able to move on. The problem I am having is that it easy to test this for the last record inputted in the datasheet, but not for previous ones (e.g. if they had entered two or more records in the subform). So, I have been trying to play around with the ...

outlook at startup?
Is there an option in Outlook 2003 to have it open at startup, or do you just have to put it in the Startup group? Also, can you have it start up minimized? -- John Salerno Put it in your startup folder and edit the shortcut to have it start minimized. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, John Salerno asked: | Is there an option in Outlook 2003 to ...

Public Folder Object in new Administrative Group
I created a new Administrative Group and installed one Exchange 2003 Server which is located in that administrative group. My Problem is, that the public folder tree is not visible under "Folders" in Exchange System Manager. I created the "Folders" Object manually by right-clicking the Administrative Group Object -> New > Folder Container. Public Folder Replication from other Exchange Servers is working fine. When I check the Public Folder Resources on store level I see all system folders and one folder I've created on another server. Any ideas ? Thanks M...

Rename files based on file name?
Hello, How would I write vb script to do this?...seems simple but I have no idea. I have files in the directory C:\MyFiles they are named MYFiles101509.awq MyFiles111709.awq I want to rename them to OctFiles0001.xls and NovFiles0001.xls is there a way to look through files like look for MYFiles01* and rename that way? thanks. If you don't have the WSH help file you should download it and read up about the VBS methods so that you'll at least "have some idea". :) String operations you might need include Mid, Instr, Left, Right. > Hello, How wo...

Startup error
Hello freinds, one of our users complained that everytime he launches Excel an error message " cannot use object linking and embedding" pops up. We are currently using office xp with sp2. Please help. Happy Holidays Chow Were they hit by the MSBlast worm? One poster (Lutz Meyer) guessed that this was the cause of his problems. I haven't seen any confirmation/denial, but you may want to read his post: http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=3F3971AF.FA4490F5%40msn.com Post back with your results. I'm curious if that was the problem. (It's come up quite a few time...

Database not mounting in the Recovery Storage Group
Hi We have a Exchange 2003 server on a windows 2003 Server (standard edition) and use Veritas Backup Exec 9.1 . Recently a user wanted her mailbox restored.I created a RSG and added the database . I did a restore from Veritas Backup Exec agent and everything went fine. My problem is when I try to mount the database in the Recovery Storage Group I get an error : "Error c1041724 is "An internal processing error has occurred. Try restarting the Exchange System Manager or the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service, or both" . I have restarted both ESM and Informatio...

Requery Form from Combo Box
I have a form with 2 combo boxes. Combo1 has values that restrict what Combo2 shows. Combo 2 will be used after Combo 1 and simply reads the value in combo1 When I open the form and select a value from combo1, combo2 works well. The problem is that the form they are on needs to be requeried. I have tried forms![MainFormName].refresh and that doesn't work. How do I get the main form to requery after combo1 is updated. Thanks. try: me.requery hth -- Maurice Ausum "Anthony Fontana" wrote: > I have a form with 2 combo boxes. Combo1 has val...

Formatting Form Elements
Hi All, I have a couple of form elements on my worksheet, (combo box, list box etc.) that are working nicely, one question however: how do I format the font size, type etc. in these ?? Excel 2000, Win XP. Thanks, Neil Right click on the control and then select Properties. "Neil" <me@home.com> schreef in bericht news:d01h9l$1arb$1@otis.netspace.net.au... > Hi All, > > I have a couple of form elements on my worksheet, (combo box, list box > etc.) that are working nicely, one question however: how do I format the > font size, type etc. in these ?? >...

Can I switch off "Grammar" options in Word 2007 yet keep Spelling
I miss the simple Tools/Options facility in Word 2007 using Vista Ultimate, is it "hidden" somewhere? -- Rufus You will find a similar set of options if you click the pizza (office) button top left of your Word 2007 screen and select Word Options. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>><...

Tab key press does not work when MS flex grid presend on CFormView Based views
When dynamically create a MS Flex Grid based grid control on a CFormView based view in MFC application, tab will stop working after one press which will put the last columns header of the grid control in focus and you could not tab anymore. You have to move the carrot to another control on the view manually using mouse, then the tab will start working again. This only happens with the .NET VS 2003 and 2005 compiler. Hi Dennis, I have performed some tests on this issue and could repro the problem in our side. In VS2003 and VS2005, if the MSFlexGrid control created dynamically withi...

Object Explorer doesn't connect to server specified at startup
Hi Everybody, I'm constantly trying to shrink regular responsibilities into a single- click icon. Want me to check the server's hard drive size? I've got a script that gets hard drive space and sends a text report via SQL mail; all I need to do is click the SQLCMD batch file on my desktop. When starting SQL Server Management Studio (2005), I don't want to specify my server name, login, password, or the database I need; I prefer to run my desktop batch file that contains the following command: SqlWb.exe -E -S myservername -d testdb -nosplash This gets me into...

Installing on startup
Everytime I start my computer up I get a windows installer box that tries to install Money 2002. I already have it and I dont know why it keeps doing it. I am running XP. Thanks for your help. >-----Original Message----- >Everytime I start my computer up I get a windows installer >box that tries to install Money 2002. I already have it >and I dont know why it keeps doing it. I am running XP. >Thanks for your help. >. >I have 2004 Standard and have the same problem so if you get the answe please forward to me. Thanks EdC ...

Workflow send e-mail CC optional recipients fails when field empty
When using workflow to send email we want to populate the CC field from an "additional contact" field that is not always populated. When the field is populated in the CRM record, the workflow functions fine. If the "additional contact" field is left empty, workflow fails and remains in an error state. I know I can create additional rules in the workflow to check for the field containing data but it does not seem like the extra work and complexity should be needed. Anyone have any other ideas? Bug? -- Gary Herbstman Byte Solutions, Inc. http://bytesolutions.com ...

only showing Switchboard on startup
I would like only the main switchboard to be visible on start-up but at the moment a "Contacts list" form (inherited from the Contacts template in Access 2007) appears on a second tab (I'm not at ths stage of wanting it full-screen yet - though that will come). I have followed the instructions found on the boards: Office button > Access Options > Current database but there isn't anything that I can see related to startup. In Display Form, I have selected "Switchboard" from the drop down list but can't see any way of unselecting Contacts ...