Squished Form

Hey....On startup, I have a form which opens minimized within the main Access
window.  Upon restoring the window, the form is "squished up" smaller than
its true size.

Settings for the form are:
AutoResize TRUE
PopUp FALSE
Modal FALSE
Style THIN

Thank you.
--
BrerGoose
Moose-Tech Software:

I would try changing border style to sizable.
Run the file so you get the squished form. Resize, go to design view, and
check the size of the form again and save.

Open the file again, if the form stays that the size needed, change to thin
at that stage.

If it is really being a pain and not going to the right size and you want it
at a precise location and size, use

DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria
    DoCmd.MoveSize 5470, 550, 8000, 8300

For more info use the help in the vb window by pressing F1 with the cursor
on the MoveSize command.

Richard
"BrerGoose" <BrerGoose@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hey....On startup, I have a form which opens minimized within the main
> Access
> window.  Upon restoring the window, the form is "squished up" smaller than
> its true size.
>
> Settings for the form are:
> AutoResize TRUE
> PopUp FALSE
> Modal FALSE
> Style THIN
>
> Thank you.
> --
> BrerGoose
> Moose-Tech Software:
> http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/webspace/MTS/Home.htm

0
HubbardUK
11/7/2007 7:32:05 PM
Thank you.  What is weird, though, is when the dialog opens normal and then
is minimized manually or programatically, it works fine.  It only squishes up
when it is opened as an icon directly for some reason.
--
BrerGoose
Moose-Tech Software:
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/webspace/MTS/Home.htm

Setting the Windows Cursor during Form Processing
hiya gurus I would like to force the mouse cursor to immediately become an hourglass when some long processing/quering commences on a form. it appears that it takes some time for Access to show the hourglass and usually only after the user clicks the form a couple of times because there appears to be nothing happening... Is there an easy way to do this from within Access.. I have done it in VB6 using Me.MousePointer = vbHourglass but this does nto work in Access.. any suggestions? cheers Jeff mmmmm Screen.MousePointer = 11 guess this does it? "jeff" <jeff@work...

Position 2nd Form according to 1st Form
I have 2 Forms. When the 1st Form is openned and want I open the 2nd Form, I want it to position itself about 15cm form the Left and 20cm from the top of the 1st Form. I am using Access 2003, Thanks. "AY" <AY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CFA3A4B5-36D9-4A20-AB57-601290155335@microsoft.com... >I have 2 Forms. When the 1st Form is openned and want I open the 2nd Form, >I > want it to position itself about 15cm form the Left and 20cm from the top > of > the 1st Form. I am using Access 2003, Thanks. You should be able to use Nicole Calinoiu...

TOURNAMENT FORMS
Need tournament draw sheet single elimination template. You may find some old NCAA basketball tournament forms out on the web. Try http://google.com HHSTENNIS wrote: > > Need tournament draw sheet single elimination template. -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

Modal form opens on startup
Evenin' - I hope this doesn't come across as stupid, but I'm almost completely unfamiliar with Access. A client of mine has an Access 2000 database containing some business information, and he'd like to have me import it into Quickbooks. The problem I have is that I cannot get to the information to export it from Access. When the file is opened, I get a (I presume) modal form, configured as a 'splash screen' type of thing. Has my client's logo, and the name of the fellow who wrote the Access app. Click that, and it closes, then opens another form for...

Forms and Input Data
I created a report form on Sheet 1 and a set of input data on subsequen Sheets 2, 3, ... link to the report. The report is to show informatio on either of the data I select. Are there simple steps for me to pick either set of data I want t display on the report? I've thought of a pull-down menu so that if select "1", the report will show data set "1", and so on. Yet I don' know how to do it. I tried the "replace" command by highlighting al the cell in the Report sheet then type "2" in place of "1" to replac the data set then hitting...

Run Macro only if certain form is open
I have programed a maco to open one of various forms depending on criteria on an open form. Is there a way to run a "follow up Macro" based on which form opens? In other words can I run a macro based on wheather a certain form is active? -- Thanks, Chuck Take a look at the RunMacro Method of the DoCmd object. You can have it as part of the OnLoad of the form in question. Chuck wrote: >I have programed a maco to open one of various forms depending on criteria on >an open form. Is there a way to run a "follow up Macro" based on which form >opens? In other w...

Trying to delete form border, and it deletes all borders
I made a form with several individual areas that have borders. At the end I decided to try a border around the whole form. Now that I don't like it, I was trying to delete the form border, but it deletes all the borders in the form as well. How can I just delete the border around the form and not the rest of the individual borders? I'm actually on a different computer, because of the printing, will I be able to undo my way out of it maybe, or do I have to be on the computer where I made the form. One more question, will the form retain the undo feature for ever, or will it stop ...

how to solve "Non-modal forms cannot be displayed in this host application"
Hi, I am trying to make a modalless form in VB6 that is compiled as an ActiveX DLL. When i use VC6 to instance the activex DLL, my problem appears that "406 Non-modal forms cannot be displayed in this host application from an ActiveX DLL, ActiveX control or Property Page." I have my form in modalless style in VB6 and they should be instanced in VC. Does anyone know how to get this to work ? Many Thanks, Xiao http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=176468 -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] http://www.voidnish.com http://blog.voidnish.com "arbidol" <arbidol@tom...

Temporary Form with 2 Sub form Update Main Form And its Sub form ?
I have 2 table both are exactly same PatientRecordTransTb And PatientRecordTb I know many programmer don’t like TempTb, but in my case I don’t trust some one to mess with my Main record table. So simple solution is make tamp table and after review I click to transfer all records from temp Table to main Table So I have two forms . PatientRecTransFm record sources = PatientRecordTransTb PatientRecordMainFm record source = PatientRecordTb PatientRecTransFm has 2 button AddRecord And Delete Record Here is a short story of my code (NOT A Actual Code) mySQLString = &quo...

Customization to a Contact Form Does NOT Stick
Everytime I try to add a field in a Contact form, the change does not stick. I have administrator rights, followed the instructions to customize a form to the t. The instructions entailed going to: Home -> Settings Settings tab -> System Customization Record Management -> Contacts Add Fields -select fields to add ok - > save work On the CRM server Start -> Programs -> Microsoft CRM -> Deployment Manager Right click: Deployment Manager -> All Tasks ->Publish Customization Select form customized Add Finish OK Restart IIS After performing these steps, I get b...

I need book lending forms
Please I need your help, I'm looking for book lending forms in order to keep control of which books I'm borrowing and when they have to be returned to me. Thanks ...

Using list box to open forms
I have a list box that lists all the forms in my database. I would like a user to be able to double click on something in the list box, and have it open the corresponding form. Any help on how to do this would be appreciated. Thanks. On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 16:35:22 -0000, lecoughlin@gmail.com wrote: > I have a list box that lists all the forms in my database. I would > like a user to be able to double click on something in the list box, > and have it open the corresponding form. Any help on how to do this > would be appreciated. > > Thanks. Code the list box Double-Cli...

from sub form to main form
Hope someone can help on this. I have an a form with a sub form and I’m trying to get some calculated results From my sub to show up in my main form. The Main Form is Job_Sheet_2 The Sub Form is work_hours_sub On the sub I have the following fields that are populated from a query. The criteria for the query comes from a combo box on the main form. JobID EmployeeID StopDate HundredTime The following are field that I added Labor_charge { Fixed Value} Extended { =[Labor_Charge]*[hundredtime} In the footer of my Sub I have the following Text12 ...

Outlook form cache problem
In the company where I work, we use custom forms without code. The custom forms are used as a forced form when a new appointment or meeting request is made in a resource calendar (in a public folder). When an existing appointment is opened, most of the time the form is showed. However several times a week there is a problem with the form cache and the default appointment form is displayed instead of the custom form. The problems occur when the user has opened multiple appointments in the same resource calendar. The custom forms in other resource calendars are still available for this u...

Making a form Maximize when opened?
How do I do this? "m galvin" <mgalvin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7BE1B7CF-E57A-42D5-B103-8A48E657C0E5@microsoft.com... > How do I do this? In the form's Open event, execute the statement: DoCmd.Maximize Note that maximizing a form also maximizes any other (non-popup) forms and reports, so you may want to restore things when the form closes. In that case, you could use the form's Close event to execute the statement DoCmd.Restore You can also do the same thing using the corresponding macro actions, Maximize an...

Updating Check Boxes in User Form does not change worksheet
I have a user Form with several Check Boxes on it. When I check or uncheck the Boxes it does not change the boxes in the workbook/worksheet. The User Form is a different workbook then the Worksheet I want to update. When you click on the Check box on the worksheet it shows "Check Box ##". This is the same Workbook/Sheet reference I am using for several other things and they all update correctly. What did I do wrong? Here is the code I was trying to use: Private Sub Update_Installer_Forms_8_Click() With Workbooks("Master Installer Forms.xlsm").Sheets(&quo...

Report on a form
Is it possible to place a report on a form? I'd like to display some information (grouping, summing, etc) to the user, which a sub form won't allow me to do. A report does just what I need. I tried inserting a subreport on the form, but it would not let me select a report as the source object. Any suggestions, alternate solutions, or work arounds? Thanks John what about a set of unbound fields that you put your summaries into? -do the calculations in code (on current and on change events) and assign the results to one of the unbound fields "John M&qu...

sub form datasheet
my question is how can i change the color of heading in column and the font size only not data sheet form thank you AFAIK, you *cannot* change the color of column headings in a form in Datasheet view. but you can set the form to ContinuousForms view, and format the form to look like a datasheet, then you'll have full control of the labels used as column headers. hth "a" <youb@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23kSLZxb0HHA.4928@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > my question is > how can i change the color of heading in column and the font size only not > data sheet ...

Permissions on Organizational Forms
I have a user who has created a custom form. They would like to publish this from to the organization, but when they try, they get a permissions issue. I am new to these forms and how they even work. I am wondering if there is something I need to do to give this user permissions to publish his form on the Exchange Server in the Organizational Forms library . Exchange 2003/Outlook 2003 Thanks for your assistance. he needs at least "publishing author" on the library, I believe...he might even need "owner" to publish to the library... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "...

expand and Collapse form
I am trying to make a form that will serve as a sort of navigation pane. I want the form to expand and collapse when I click on a subject this will display other forms I am wanting in that catagory. any idea on how to do this? Not sure exactly what you have in mind, but have you thought of hiding and showing the form. That is easy to do. There are some switchboard examples around if you search. One way is to use a form with a listbox down the left side. Clicking on an item in the listbox, opens a form inside the subform on the right side of the main form. Your code just change...

Change the form size when it runs?
I'm trying to have the form appear at 150% when it runs - so I dont have to enlarge it to seeit..... how is this done? Thanks! There is no native ability in Access to do so. You have several options. Firstly, you could recreate your forms suitable for different resolutions, and then use a startup form that will open the correct form after checking for the user's resolution - there is code for detecting the resolution here - http://support.microsoft.com/?id=148395 Alternatively, you could resize your forms using a utility (note that this appears to work best ...

Convert Word Form to E-mail Form
I have a number of word 2000 forms that I would like to convert to an e-mailable form. Could anyone please point me in the right direction. You'll have to start from scratch on your Outlook form. There's no conversion process. FYI, there is a newsgroup specifically for Outlook forms issues "down the hall" at microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms or, via web interface, at http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for ...

Continuous form and colour swatches
I have a colour assigned to various data values and I use these in a Gant chart to display the data. I can use a colour selector to choose the colours I want to use. I would like to display the colour assigned to the data in a continuous form. The conditional formatting is not flexible enough for this so I want to use a colour swatch (e.g. a rectangle) on the top of the form and change the colour of it when a row of data is current. The continuous form does not have an on current event so I am not sure how to do this. Has anyone any suggestions please. Alex Paradigm wrote: > I have a col...

Form after Form after...
I have a mainform with a subform1 with a subform2 with a subform3. I need subform3 to refer to formdate on subform2. I've tried =[forms]![mainform]![subform1].[form]![subform2].[form]![formdate] =Forms!Mainform!Subform1.Form!Subform2.Form.formdate =Me.Parent!RecordSource =Me.Parent.Parent!RecordSource I can't get anything to work. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong. On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 21:45:01 -0800, PeterM <PeterM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: What I do is I "publish" the value from subform1 onto the parent, so subform(i) can pick ...

criteria based on a form
i have a field and i enter the following criteria: like [forms]![formname]![fieldname] , but i get no data. if for example i enter in my form test i want the query to return data that start with the word test (i.e. test*). how can i solve this problem? [forms]![formname]![fieldname] & * -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. "angie" wrote: > i have a field and i enter the following criteria: like > [forms]![formname]![fieldname] , but i get no data. > if for example i enter in my form test i wan...