Simple Form

I'm new to this, and here's what I need accomplished.
I have a query with 20 + fields that I would like to show some/all fields on
a form. This is a production data organized by week, month, year,
productCategory, productCode, PoundProduced, etc. So I would like the user to
be able to select a year and productCtegory (may be another field), and the
total PoundProduced will be populated on the same form or on a subform. Just
one total number. Currently the data in the query is grouped and summed but
it will show on 100s of rows. Also this is a multi-year data. PoundProduced
is the only calcualted field in my query. How can I accomplish this?

Thanks.

You'll need to set up a form with, for example, some unbound controls
where the user can enter criteria that can be used to limit the query
results. Allen Browne has a good example of this type of form (complete
with code) at this link;

http://allenbrowne.com/ser-62.html
--
_________

Sean Bailey

"sahafi" wrote:

> I'm new to this, and here's what I need accomplished.
> I have a query with 20 + fields that I would like to show some/all fields on
> a form. This is a production data organized by week, month, year,
> productCategory, productCode, PoundProduced, etc. So I would like the user to
> be able to select a year and productCtegory (may be another field), and the
> total PoundProduced will be populated on the same form or on a subform. Just
> one total number. Currently the data in the query is grouped and summed but
> it will show on 100s of rows. Also this is a multi-year data. PoundProduced
> is the only calcualted field in my query. How can I accomplish this?
>
> Thanks.

Thanks. I will look into that and let you know if it met my needs.

Thanks.
--
"Beetle" wrote:

> You'll need to set up a form with, for example, some unbound controls
> where the user can enter criteria that can be used to limit the query
> results. Allen Browne has a good example of this type of form (complete
> with code) at this link;
>
> http://allenbrowne.com/ser-62.html
> --
> _________
>
> Sean Bailey
>

> "sahafi" wrote:
>
> > I'm new to this, and here's what I need accomplished.
> > I have a query with 20 + fields that I would like to show some/all fields on
> > a form. This is a production data organized by week, month, year,
> > productCategory, productCode, PoundProduced, etc. So I would like the user to
> > be able to select a year and productCtegory (may be another field), and the
> > total PoundProduced will be populated on the same form or on a subform. Just
> > one total number. Currently the data in the query is grouped and summed but
> > it will show on 100s of rows. Also this is a multi-year data. PoundProduced
> > is the only calcualted field in my query. How can I accomplish this?
> >
> > Thanks.
> > --

Simple way to count by month?
Access2000 Hi I have a table that is just a list of serial numbers and dates that they were sold. Is there a simple way to build a query that will just list the total serials numbers by month, i.e. Dec-07 - 566 Nov-07- 453 Oct-07- 343 Each serial is on its own row. Getting the number sold by day is simple, but grouping and suming these to months has me stumped. Thanks - Steve Solved it. I used this if anybody else is looking SELECT Format([SQL_DELIVERY_DATE],"yyyy mm") AS MonthSold, Count(*) AS Total FROM tbl_sold GROUP BY Format([SQL_DELIVERY_DATE],"yyyy mm") ...

Printing a single record from a form based on a report's layout
Dear Friends? I feel plain stupid but I can't figure out to get my form to print a single record that is based off of my report. I am using Access 2003. Needless to say, I'm up against a deadline here and beyond frustrated. My table is called Advance2. My Form is called Onsite Form and my Report is called rptPrintRecord. Can you help? Jeff On 21 Apr 2007 20:32:37 -0700, LATorders@gmail.com wrote: > Dear Friends? > > I feel plain stupid but I can't figure out to get my form to print a > single record that is based off of my report. I am using Access > 2003...

Open the orders form showing the latest customerID
Using the Northwind database as an example I want to open the Orders form and have it show the latest entry from the Customers table to show in the combo box CustomerID of the Orders form. I have inserted a cmd button in the Customers form to open the Orders form. I also added a field in the Customers table named Date with the default value set to Now(). If someone could please suggest the code and where to put it to make it happen I would be truly thankfull. Jerry ...

Inserting Images in a Form
I am having a hard time inserting images into a form. I set a field in the original table to be an OLE object. Every time I enter a picture to coordinate with a record, it gives me the word "Package" in the field. I have read that Office 2003 does not have Microsoft Photo Editor as did Office 2003 and XP. I, however, do not have either of the earlier versions to reload Editor. I also read that you could install drivers to fix this problem. I went to the Microsoft web site, did the download (which said it was successful) and I still have the problem. Does anyone know a f...

Combining Checkboxes in Word Forms
Hi All, I have a Word template on which there is a group of 3 checkboxes. I would like to prevent users from checking more than one of the group (like an option group). I thought this code might work, but it does only part of the time... If ActiveDocument.FormFields("SectionE1").CheckBox.Value = True Then ActiveDocument.FormFields("SectionE2").CheckBox.Value = False ActiveDocument.FormFields("SectionE3").CheckBox.Value = False ElseIf ActiveDocument.FormFields("SectionE2").CheckBox.Value = True Then ActiveDocument.FormFields(&q...

Using the lookup window in a custom form?
Hi, I am writing a custom web form that I am opening within the ms crm web application. I need to lookup a contact and populate a field on my webform with the selected contact from the lookup form. I would rather not reinvent the wheel, is it possible to use the standard MS CRM lookup records web form and return data from it to my custom form? TIA ...

Multi-Select List Box on Modified Form
I previously created a User Form with a list box on it that was populated via vba/SQL. I wanted to move the information directly onto a Dynamics window (Sales User Defined Fields). After putting the multi-select list box on there, vba doesn't appear to allow me to populate it (for instance, when putting in lbShippers.AddItem, it says the Object doesn't support this property or method). I can add options to the listbox statically via the modifier, but I need it to come from SQL. I'm in version 10. Does anyone know how I do this? Thank you! Mike, As you saw, you cannot ...

Looking to create a simple user form with lookup
I am trying to create a simple little program for our employees to check credit card numbers and return which Credit Card company it belongs to. My thought was to have a simple user form 'popup' stating, "Please enter Credit Card Number here", a box to put the numbers in. Once they enter the card number click the button and have it return a statement, "This is a ABC - Master Card, contact number is (800) 555-1234" The lookup would compare the first 6 numbers (although a few only do the first 2 or 5) of the credit card entered, to a list in column A in Sheet1. ...

Many forms for one entity
Is it possible to create (copy already existing) additional form for one entity? The app only supports a single form for each entity. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Valdas Zagorskas" <ValdasZagorskas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4F70D166-5844-4262-AAE6-E4CBDAB5070B@microsoft.com... Is it possible to create (copy already existing) additional form for one entity? Is it possible to manage at role level the following properties of the entity’s field: 1. Visible (true/false) 2. ReadOnly (true/false) 3. Required (true/false) ect. "Matt Par...

Opeing Addon form inside Dynamics
Hi Is there any way through which we can open the form developed using visual studio addon tools for microsoft dynamics inside the microsoft dynamics application like we open the forms developed using dexterity inside the dynamics application. Hello Sandeep, I am not a prgrammer yet, i must say it is possible.. I have lead couple of deployments of GP where we have done several VBA on forms or even .exe within GP forms or tool bar. You may please contact one of my colleague on technical side at the following e-mail under reference my name can you definitly help you. toakramicon@rediff...

access 2007 auto import forms in a signed accdb
The new security handling of access 2007 is really suffocating. I had created a database to deploy among many users (+100). Because of ongoing development of the front-end, I had built in an auto update feature. Basically, the user opens his front-end. The first form (automatically opened) checks if version numbers match. If not the front-end imports all queries, forms and reports from a root file on a local server. Acces 2003: no problems with security: a pop-up warns the users that macro's are coming, he clicks yes and the first form opens and an auto update is triggered. Acces...

Filtering a Form 03-08-10
I have a form called "frmBFEaction" writing to a table called "Entries", I would like to filter the form to only show the records where field "status" equals "Open". Could someone please let me know if there is a way to do this and if so, how? Thanks in advance for any help! Aaron On Mon, 8 Mar 2010 12:29:01 -0800, Aaron wrote: > I have a form called "frmBFEaction" writing to a table called "Entries", I > would like to filter the form to only show the records where field "status" > equals "O...

Max Limit for Values in List Boxes and Combo Boxes in Outlook forms
Folks, a user is setting up a form. She wants to have several combo boxes and list boxes with between 75 and 300 (yes, 300 -- that's not a typo!) possible values in the combo box or list box. Before she starts work on this, she would like to know if there is a limit on the number of possible values for a combo box or a multi-select list box. Is there a limit? Is it defined by the number of characters in the values box, or the number of actual values? What is the limit? Any help here would be appreciated. Thanks. David consulttech2004@hotmail.com ...

Print Forms
Does anyone know if there is a way to modify the print layouts or forms in CRM 3.0? For example, when we go on site we like to take a copy of the Case with us for customer approval, I';d liek to add our Logo and a signature line to the Case Print Form. The easiest (and supported) way to do this is to create a custom report that is launched via an ISV button from the case form. There are a lot of good posts on how to do this on this newsgroup, and the SDK will give you insight into creating custom reports. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Jclark" wrote...

Form embedded in a email
Hi there I am new to coding and I am getting very confused. I tried looking up the codes for emailing a form to a small group of people and don't know when I should be changing what is in the code. The form is to be embedded in the email rather than sent as an attachment. Can someone tell me the coding for this, and put in-- different font style or colour where I would have to change the names to what matches in my database. Another thing I need to know is with the coding-- does it go to outlook and look up the email addresses there or do I create a table with email address ...

User Form Code
Hi I'm using an Excel sheet named Customers. In cell S302 I have a running total of all customers purchases . I have inserted a Text Box on the user form - how do I code the VBA to show the value of cell S302 in the Text Box on the User Form Any help would be much appreciated Cheers ----- Mully Textbox1.Text = Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("S302").Text -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "mully" <mully@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C8630A5E-E9BD-4102-9484-68CFE5D1E73A@microsoft.com... >...

How to center check box at form?
Hello, I will greatly appreciate if you can help me to solve this problem. I have a check box field on my form but the button (check box) is now situated on top left side and I want to have it in the center. Hopefully I would like to make it bigger. I am using MS Access 2007. Thanks Open the form in design view, click on the object and drag to where you want it. Grab the edge and drag it larger. The check mark will stay the same size. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "Jan" wrote: > Hello, > > I will greatly appreciate if you can help me to solve thi...

Linked images (backgrounds for forms and buttons) don't display, A
System: Win7/64; MS Access/Office 2007; SQL Server 2005 on networked server with shared folders on same server. ADP Project. Project menus and forms contain linked images (< 30) as eye-candy. No problem for months of development. (Make minor change to arbitrary SQL view and add rich text box to menu form. Probably no relationship to problem). Compact, reload. All images no longer display. Able to create new form in project and load linked image. Able to re-browse and link image to button. All image paths are absolute paths. Previous version, absent minor changes l...

Building Form
Dear all, I have tables with this fields: expenses_control: expenses_code, profit_center, date, value. date: date profit_center: profit_center_code, profit_center_description expenses: expenses_code, expenses_description The relationship between the tables are: expenses_control.expense_code =3D expenses.expense_code expenses_control.profit_center =3D profit_center.profit_center_code expenses_control.date =3D date.date Now I'm trying to do a form to imput, to include and to exclude data/ values (not for consults!), like that: -----------------------------------------------------------...

code wild card value for form variable
i use a check box in an option group to generate a specific value for a variable. using the following code If Forms![fee sched form]![select region] = 2 Then Forms![fee sched form]![region var] = "Roch" End If If Forms![fee sched form]![select region] = 3 Then Forms![fee sched form]![region var] = "CNY" End If this variable is hidden on the form and value is used a query. how do i code this, so i can put "*" in the variable and thereby get all values in the query? the query code generates like "*" but i do not know how to code via the fo...

Open Entry Form to existing data
Hi, I have an entry form - I would like to be able to put in the ID and Date and have the form showing the data for that. Currently it's on open to Edit form - and shows the first record - I would like to be able to type in the IDNO in the IDNo Text Box and enter the date and it will show the corresponding data, thus it should also load to a blank form. Thanks Leave the form in edit mode, so that it loads all records. Set the form's On Load property to: [Event Procedure] Then click the button button (...) beside the property. Access opens the code window. Set up the code like ...

Determine Line Sequence No on Sales Order Entry form
How do I determine using VBA what is the line sequence number of the line being worked on or selected. Thank you for your help in advance. ...

search form 09-04-07
I have a single table data base 55 columns by one row per day worked I have a tab form to populate my data day by day If I miss a day because I am out of the city which has happened for up to 21 working days its a mess to fill in from my shoe box file what I want is a text box in a control tab to input the next date or search date date is a text box because I prefer my own format I can tie this to a date field of the table but when I change to another tab the values visible in that tab before I enter search date move to the new date row. I have had my data base so corrupted much will ...

A really simple one I think..
Hello - can anyone please tell me why some of my SBS 2003 domain server reports are e-mailed to me as <servername>@domain.com.au, and others as <companyname>@domain.com.au? (This is from different domains..) This is not a "show stopper", but I'm just curious why. I cannot see a difference in the wizards, I am just using the defaults (Server Performance each day, Server Usage weekly) Many thanks, Ashley Draper G'day Ashley, this is probably what you're after: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/change-POP3-IMAP4-SMTP-banner-Exchange-20...

My (final) 2 cents on continuous form design
Some days ago I started a thread on this forum regarding the design of a continuous form to be used to show all of the records filled in a table and giving the possibility to the user to select each row and perform action on the record (mine is retrieving all of the information from the record and use them to fill another form where the data can be edited). This can be easily accomplished through regular continuous form but I stated few requirements: a) the form should be unbound and the data should be not editable; b) I hate having that crappy effect of all the text selected whe...