Show Record from SubForm on a new window

Hi, I have a Form with a clients info(Name, Address, Phone, etc.) and a
SubForm with calls I receive from this client. I want to be able to double
click a new row on the SubForm to create a New call, or see the old calls in
a Single Form View. But just one record at a time. Is this possible? Any
ideas on how to do this?

Thanks

Look at OpenArgs

"cbayardo" <cbayardo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I have a Form with a clients info(Name, Address, Phone, etc.) and a
> SubForm with calls I receive from this client. I want to be able to double
> click a new row on the SubForm to create a New call, or see the old calls
> in
> a Single Form View. But just one record at a time. Is this possible? Any
> ideas on how to do this?
>
> Thanks

0
Amy
2/7/2008 7:36:39 PM
Is this a continuous subform?  It's hard to tell, since you refer both to
double clicking a new row and to a Single Form View.  If it is a continuous
subform with Allow Additions set to True you should be able simply to add a
record at the bottom of the subform.
I may be missing something, but your question seems rather unclear.

"cbayardo" <cbayardo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I have a Form with a clients info(Name, Address, Phone, etc.) and a
> SubForm with calls I receive from this client. I want to be able to double
> click a new row on the SubForm to create a New call, or see the old calls
> in
> a Single Form View. But just one record at a time. Is this possible? Any
> ideas on how to do this?
>
> Thanks

0
BruceM
2/7/2008 8:02:41 PM
It is a continuos SubForm, but when I double click it a row, I want that row
to open in Single Form View so I can see one of the fields(columns)
completely, because in Continuos Form I can only see about 30 characters.

Thanks

"BruceM" wrote:

> Is this a continuous subform?  It's hard to tell, since you refer both to
> double clicking a new row and to a Single Form View.  If it is a continuous
> subform with Allow Additions set to True you should be able simply to add a
> record at the bottom of the subform.
> I may be missing something, but your question seems rather unclear.
>
> "cbayardo" <cbayardo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi, I have a Form with a clients info(Name, Address, Phone, etc.) and a
> > SubForm with calls I receive from this client. I want to be able to double
> > click a new row on the SubForm to create a New call, or see the old calls
> > in
> > a Single Form View. But just one record at a time. Is this possible? Any
> > ideas on how to do this?
> >
> > Thanks

Thanks Amy, I think this will solve my problem

"cbayardo" wrote:

> Hi, I have a Form with a clients info(Name, Address, Phone, etc.) and a
> SubForm with calls I receive from this client. I want to be able to double
> click a new row on the SubForm to create a New call, or see the old calls in
> a Single Form View. But just one record at a time. Is this possible? Any
> ideas on how to do this?
>
> Thanks

Outlook shows offline during dial up
Having a problem with outlook 2002. Over the WAN everything works fine. Dial up and connect to the network (VPN) internet work fine. Outlook will sync up however, a red x shows up in the bottom right hand corner. Outlook shows offline, I can send and receive but must hit send and receive. I have reloaded the computer from scratch and still have the same problem. Could it be a Excange setting? Any Ideas? Thanks for the help, If you hit File | Connect to Exchange Server what happens? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize ...

Excel no more new fonts
I'm getting the message "no more new fonts may be applied to this workbook". How can I get around this? Thanks. Tuan, Any chance that you have a lot of charts in the workbook? There's a limit of 256 fonts in a workbook and each chart uses up two of them. Check here for more info. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-ca;168650 John "Tuan Ma" <tma@conocophillips.com> wrote in message news:0e5201c365f4$c036d370$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I'm getting the message "no more new fonts may be applied > to this workbook". How can...

Dos printing under Windows
I have created a text file and that text file is directly copied to LPT1 as copy/B filename.txt LPT1 and it prints correctly. Now i gives second file to LPT1 after first file is printed,it gets printed on the next page. I don't want this automatic formfeed in between. The second file should be printed just below the first file contents. OR How to set custom paper size when printing directly to LPT1 through file? You could create one file containing all the files you want to print, using copy file1.txt + file2.txt dest.txt or copy *.txt dest.txt and then print dest.txt as before Inc...

analytical accounting lookups should only show valid codes
When entering AA transaction distributions, the code lookup window should only show valid code combinations. It's not intuitive for the user to have to select a code and get an error message to discover which codes are valid. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the mess...

Show Window
I am currently developing a MFC SDI application. I want to integrate a tray icon with it. When the application is minimized it hides by ShowWindow(SW_HIDE) and then when double clicked on tray icon shown by ShowWindow(SW_SHOWNORMAL). But the problem is if some other application is activated after my application is minimized, ShowWindow shows it but it's behind some screen. I have tried with SetFocus didn't work. Please help me to solve this problem. Thank you. Varuna Try BringWindowToTop. ---- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com In addition to Ajay's idea you can also use SetFor...

Check out that critical update for Windows
--keexuidqrvwthr Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="rflykwxjfynxggays"; type="multipart/alternative" --rflykwxjfynxggays Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="djedyjbaawtlogcq" --djedyjbaawtlogcq Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to...

Information Stores show dismounted yet mail is still flowing...
Background: Windows AD Mixed moded. Exchange 2003 installed on to a 2 node Microsoft cluster. 1 Front End server...connecting to the primary cluster node. Windows 2003 Standard on, FE Windows 2003 Enterprise Server on BEs (<---cluster) no service packs on either. Exchange has SP1 installed on both nodes and the FE. There are still Exchange 5.5 servers in the environment although they are not being used. The Issue: .....the information stores and public folders all show that they are dismounted...yet email is still flowing into and out of the server without any issues. I just...

reminder still shows up
when I run Outlook.exe /cleanreminders it simply opens Outlook, I am running Vista "Toppro" <Toppro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7AE8DBF7-6BE3-454A-82F9-5A040566026C@microsoft.com... > when I run Outlook.exe /cleanreminders it simply opens Outlook, I am > running > Vista Outlook version? The Windows version isn't as important and that of Outlook. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Adding a new part number.
If we choose "edit item" and to make a new part number everything is fine. When we choose "New Item" from the Items menu, then choose "standard Item" I get a run time 94 error "invalid use of null" Any thoughts? SJ This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_014A_01C4B158.92936C70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Run-time Error 94 "Invalid Use of NULL" When Editing Items in QuickSell = 2000 (869936) Confidential Article (The information in ...

Using ajax call to fetch multiple results from multiple queries and showing them 1 by 1 as the results comes.
Hello, I've 20 labels in a 2x10 table on a page. for each label, data comes by individual queries. (total 20 queries for the page.) and it takes about 30-40 seconds for the page to load, and it's not comfortable for the user to see blank page. I want that each cell will show loading.gif images. As and when data comes from query, the images should go visible=false, and the label should display the values one by one. How do I do this task using ajax? Some ASP.NET code example will be helpful for me, as I'm a kind of beginner. Thanks ...

Results show as a minus. WHY?
I have an application that was developed by another developer using VB.net which reside in a SQL table. I need to use some of the data from this table, however the data shows as -0.5 or - 0.99 or -1.70 etc in my Access tables. How can I get those numbers to show as a percentage with only one decimal point to the left? Example: 3.6% or 31.4 %. Any help would be greatly appreciated. No matter what I do it shows that dang "-" at the beginning. You can use the Abs function to strip off the negative Abs([YourTable].[YourField]) And you can format that as percentage either using th...

Outlook 2007/Vista 64/ "Cannot open the Outlook Window"
Unable to start Outlook; rcv dialog "Cannot Start Microsoft Office Outlook; Cannot open the Outlook Window". Error occurred AFTER a Norton 2009 "idle time scan" hang DURING an Outlook send/receive that was apparrently hung due to Norton. I have attempted several published fixes including Scanpst, DeleteOutlookProfiles, running Outlook with /safe switch (same error), uninstall/reinstall Outlook, turning Norton 2009 off during my process, etc. On reinstall (after running DeleteOutlookProfiles), I create a new profile and a new Outlook PST ... still receive the "...

difference in macro recording from 2003 to 2007 excel killing me.
Hello, I'm trying to figure out why there is a difference like this between excel 2003 and 2007. Perhaps there's a setting somewhere that I need to change. When I record a macro in 2003 to the personal workbook, that macro then works for me in every document that I open thereafter and try to run it in. In 2007 it seems to associate my selecting with the particular file that I record the macro in, so that when I go to run it later on a different report, but I want to do the same changes, it comes up with an error because it is searching for the selection in the other document name. ...

show comments when cell is highlighted Vs when cursor runs over? #2
How do you make the comments appear when the cell is highlighted opposed to when the mouse cursor runs over the cell? You can press Shift/F2, or Insert/Edit Comment. If you wanted to see it "automatically", when you select the cell, you'd need a macro, but I don't think this is what you're asking. Bob Umlas Excel MVP "Don" wrote: > How do you make the comments appear when the cell is highlighted opposed to > when the mouse cursor runs over the cell? To at least Excel 2000, if you have the Tools, Options, Comment Indicator Only you will see the co...

I need to type numbers into an excel spreadsheet some of them begin with a zero some do not. How can I have excel show the 0 in the numbers that begin with 0. If I type 0236547 the number shows as 236547. I don't want all the numbers I type to begin with zero. I am using Excel 2003. Thanks very much for your help. Best regards, Dee use a custom format with how ever many digits you need, 000000 -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "Dee" <Dee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA60FC8A-C7CB-432A-B2B2-EEEBF86D2646@microsoft.com... >...

Stop Outlook from auto placing new meeting requests on my calendar
My team has not been able to successfully prevent this from occurring. We've tried both solution 'a' and 'b' below, and neither work: Our goal: Keep meeting invitations off our calendar until we act on them in the inbox. Any help would be greatly appreciated A 1. On the Tools menu click Options 2. Click E-mail Options and then Tracking Options 3. Clear the Process requests and responses on arrival B. 1. On the Tools menu click options 2. Click Calendar Options and then Resource Scheduling 3. Uncheck "Automatically accept meetin...

Report Server shows 'Service Unavailable'
Hi, before install, the SRS setup, send me a warning, some like "the Windows Sharepoint Services are install and not permit initialize a Reportserver component" i skip wiht the installation, so.. I can't run http://<localhost>/Reports and http://<localhost>ReportServer show a message "Service Unavailabe", but the ReportServer service is running How initialize that or what do i do? ------=_NextPart_0001_09E699C9 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <Miguel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > before install, the SRS set...

Comments not showing
When a SharePoint workflow is edited and a comment is added. The comment does not display in the workflow status screen under workflow history. It shows as follows: Task assigned to Andre Wessels was completed by System Account. Comments: Instead of: Task assigned to Andre Wessels was completed by System Account. Comments: Please update to the new company logo. This happens for all standard SharePoint workflows (Approval, Collect Feedback). Any custom workflows does show the comment. The comment field is update in the task item. It just does not show. There is no error in t...

Show more time in weekly view?
Outlook 2007 On default the weekly view is only showing until 4 PM without scrolling down. I know there is a way to let you see into the evening hours also without scrolling. Help please. Thanks... Bob ...

How to change existing table record value by VBA and How to add new record in existing table by VBA
Hi all, I got table in my database with name "tbldata" and i have two fields in that table with the name "Ticket_No" and "Amount". In "Ticket_No" filed column i have value "SD001" and in same row of "Amount" column i have figure "50". With VBA how can i lookup for value "SD001" in "Ticket_No" field and change figure "50" to "30" which is appearing in same row of "Amount" column field. My other question is that how can i add new record in same table with VBA. I want...

TransparentBlt doesn't show the bitmap in ME?
The following doesn't print the bitmap on ME while it works on 2k/xp, can someone help me? Though the status returns TRUE. Thanks. Jiac. CDC *hdc, bghdc; CBitmap bgBitmap; BITMAP bmpInfo; //loads bitmap into memory bgBitmap.LoadBitmap(IDB_BITMAP5); // this bitmap has no needles // get bitmap info bgBitmap.GetBitmap(&bmpInfo); hdc = m_obj->GetDC(); bghdc.CreateCompatibleDC(hdc); bghdc.SelectObject(&bgBitmap); BOOL status = hdc->TransparentBlt(0, 0, 80, 80, &bghdc, 0, 0, 80, 80, TRANSPARENT_KEY_COLOR); //TRANSPARENT_KEY_COLOR if (st...

Windows Server 2008 License / SBS
I need to add a Win 2008 R2 Server to my SBS 2003 domain. I currently have 15 SBS users. Do I need to purchase 15 Windows 2008 R2 User CAL's when purchasing the Win 2008 R2 Server? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0007_01CB4846.A0C22620 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable yes you do --=20 Cris Hanna [SBS - MVP] (since 1997) Co-Contributor, Windows Small Business Server 2008 Unleashed http://www.amazon.com/Windows-Small-Business-Server-Unleashed/dp/06723295= 73/ref=3Dpd_...

Clear Data>Security Resource Description table not showing in list
GPv10 Logged in as sa. Go to Maint. >Clear Data>System and in the Tables list the Security Resource Description table is not there. Is there something I need to do to get access to that table? Thanks. Gi Never mind....I figured it out. You have to change the Display to Physical....Duh!! ...

mail box rights it only shows "SELF"
Once the user has been created, checking the Email address tab show nothing (empty), I pointing rus to the right DC, this solve that problem, but i have still have the next problem: under the mail box rights it only shows "SELF" where as all the other account show 8 or more system users? exchange 2003 Gr, Marco On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 13:10:27 -0800, "Marco" <Marco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Once the user has been created, checking the Email address tab show nothing >(empty), I pointing rus to the right DC, this solve that problem, but i have >...