Set Function Keys

Hello All!

I'm trying to set the function keys with me.KeyPrewiew and on KeyDown.
I realized that it doesn't work all the time, because of the default
settings. for example F1 key will  display Help many times, even I set it to
something else.
Is there a way to set the vbKeyF1 or the rest of the keys, and disable the
default setting?

Thanks in advance
Abe

0
katz

The KeyDown event of the *form* should work (with KeyPreview on.)

To suppress the normal use of the key, destroy the keystroke with:
    KeyCode = 0

If you wanted something application-wide (not just for one form), you could
use an AutoKeys macro.

"katz" <abekatz@mindspring.com> wrote in message

> I'm trying to set the function keys with me.KeyPrewiew and on KeyDown.
> I realized that it doesn't work all the time, because of the default
> settings. for example F1 key will  display Help many times, even I set it
> to something else.
> Is there a way to set the vbKeyF1 or the rest of the keys, and disable the
> default setting?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Abe

0
Allen

More than 7 If Functions Example is IF(A2="Bongaigaon", B2*40, ..
i want to use if Command in which 19 times If Function to be used for Example of the Function is =IF(A2="Bongaigaon", B2*40, IF(A2="Dhemaji", B2*100, IF(A2="Dhubri", B2*50, IF(A2="Dibrugarh", B2*65, IF(A2="Golaghat", B2*50, IF(A2="Guwahati", B2*20, IF(A2="hojai", B2*50, IF(A2="Jorhat", B2*60, If(A2="Kharupetia", B2*50, up to 19 times Hi - You really need to create a table with the 19 names in one column and, in the column to the right, the vaues associated with each name. That would ...

Incomplete Escaping Functionality??
Hello All... I am in an app that needs to write out an XML document for transmittal to an outside organization. All good and fine... I create the XmlDocument object, append all my nodes, and values etc etc... and it all works. Now I go to save the file... I tried two methods... MyXmlDocument.Save(filename) and My.Computer.FileSystem.WriteAllText(filename, MyXmlDoc.OuterXml, False) The problem comes in with XmlDocument.OuterXml. According to XML, there are 5 characters which need to be escaped... Ampersand, LessThan, GreaterThan, Apostrophe and DoubleQuote. XmlDocument.OuterXml, esca...

Can't Send Messages Until I Press F9 Key
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------030800050502050601040701 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit After I compose a message and click Send, the message does go its way until I press F9 or choose Tools|Send/Receive. I'm using Outlook 2003 on Windows XP. In case it matters, there's a toolbar for ZoneAlrm Outlook Addin with Junk filters (I use the Zone lite firewall freebie). Is there a setting in Outlook I need to set to automatically send messages? Should I disable the Zone addin? If so, how? Thanks. ---...

SUMIF function not calculating from closed worksheet
We recently upgraded from Microsoft Office 2000 to 2007. Prior to the upgrade each department would access a spreadsheet that would load data from a common lookup spreadsheet The loading process was performed as follows: The lookup file and each department file would be opened to update the link for that month and then saved and closed. When the department head would open the department file, a question would appear asking if they wanted to update the link, if they answered no the spreadsheet would open and display the calculated data. If they answered yes, the file would o...

Clearing security settings
I am setting up a new server that will be home to GP version 8. I am migrating from 7.5 to 8. I want to clear out all users, advanced security, and standard security settings and recreate them on the new server. Anybody ever scripted this? I assume I want to truncate tables, but I don't know which ones, other than what is show in techkno Steps to remove Advanced Security (874401). TIA If you run a delete statement on the SY02000 table, it will remove all settings, then you can run a reconcile against security restrictions and user access. "Cindy Lange" wrote: > I...

catching enter key for multiple editboxes
I know that to catch the enter key I need to subclass the editbox control, but I was wondering if there is a way to do this for multiple editboxes other than to subclass each control? I suppose I could do one and then create the others dynamically, but can it be done during design as well? Roger ...

Set default time zone for all users
Is there a way to make the time zone default to a certain value so that I don't have to go into every user and change it to the correct zone? No. Each user must change their own timezone settings. I have no idea why Microsoft do not pick up your computers timezone. Hopefully this will be changed in a version 2.0 release "Jack Black" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6F5F4A10-B6AD-420C-9ACB-F73A13FDABB9@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to make the time zone default to a certain value so that I don't have to go into every user and change i...

How do I set up a formula in excel that is the tenth root of 7 ve.
How do I set up a formula in excel that is the tenth root of 7 versus the square root of 7? try the formula =7^(1/10). HTH Alan P. "kestig1" <kestig1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:99C16AB7-8BD6-4671-B138-5F2961E46067@microsoft.com... > How do I set up a formula in excel that is the tenth root of 7 versus the > square root of 7? ...

Can I create sub-functions in a cross-functional flowchart?
Trying to create a template for my organization to map processes to. Goal is to map the organization to the 'function bars' in Visio's cross-function flowcharts. However, I would like to create some 'sub-functions' for lower organizational elements (i.e. divisions under a department). Is this possible?? ...

Unable to enter correct product key
I have purchased a Mac G4 PowerBook and installed my Microsoft Office (student and teacher edition). Not understanding the significance of the Product Key, I entered a code that I have already used on another computer. Now I am unable to open Microsoft Word on my hew computer because I also have the same product key used on my old computer. I have three product keys. How can I install the program in my new computer using the correct product key? In article <d10c35c6.0408302116.39c1cc84@posting.google.com>, gstoddard@charter.net (george) wrote: > I have purchased a Mac G4 PowerBook ...

Can I set my custom views on Pivot table
I want to get Pivot table data on my invoice, is it possible to set custom views so that I can get Pivot table results on invoice format, I've tried views that offer excel but it doesn't offer custom views please help Thanks ...

Prices and cost Set to zero when exporting a new store
When I export a new store with 1.2.085v from headquarters all the cost and price information is set to zero. I have seen that there is a fix for 1.3v but i cannot seem to find any other fix for our version. Any suggestions? Thanks Joe Just run worksheets to update the cost and price. Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all can share the information. Joe Gonzalez wrote: > When I export a new store with ...

MOD Function: MOD(7.0,1) = 1 Why? and how to work around it.
I'm using Excel 2003 spreadsheet, but I've tried this in Excel 2010 & OpenOffice.org. A similiar error occurs. You can see that I've also used the Microsoft suggested workaround but to no avail. Does anyone have an answer or possible suggestion. A B C Base Increment 5.0 0.10 Qty MOD(Qty,1) number-(INT(number/divisor)*divisor) Equiv. = Qty-(INT(Qty/1)*1) $A$2 5.0 0.0 0.0 SUM($A5,$B$2) 5.1 0.1 0.1 SUM($A13,$B$2) 5.9 0.9 0.9 SUM($A14,$B$2) 6.0 0.0 0.0 SUM($A15,$B$2) 6.1 0.1 0.1 SUM($A23,$B$2) 6.9 0.9 0.9...

Discharging a message box with return key
Hi, I handle PreTranslateMessage, look for VK_RETURN in a edit control, the SendMessage() to a button press handler, OnApply(). The effect is, when the user presses RETURN in a specified edit ctrl, the 'Apply' button is pressed programicly. The OnApply() method issues a MessageBox() system modal. Pressing enter to discharge the message box causes the message box to disapear( as expected) but then for some reason PreTranslateMessage receives that return key press, and calls OnApply() again... Clicking OK in the message box works as expectred. Why do i see the return key press in ...

Set Primary supplier to the lowest cost
Has anyone worked our the SQL to set the primary supplier in Item table to the lowest cost from supplierlist? We now have a large number of items where the price fluctuates and it would be really useful to 'order from the primary supplier' knowing that it was the lowest cost. When you create a PO select the order from lowest cost supplier option. Mihir Diviasoft, Inc 732-791-2894 mihirs@diviasoft.com www.diviasoft.com Microsoft Business Solutions Certified Partner. Microsoft Retail Management System Microsoft Small Business Financials "David" <David@discussions.micr...

storage memory vs program memory: how to pre-set?
Dear all, I need to assign more KBs to Program Memory. I know that from user interface I can do that by going to: Settings--> Control Panel--> System-->Memory, and moving the slider to the left. My question is how to pre-set the new slider position so that at boot is already at the wanted value? I have tried to play with Registry Editor and making comparisons between the registry values before and after, but none of the HKEYs looks to be impacted. Where can I pre-set this value? Thanks! Max, You can set the FSRAMPERCENT environment variable in config.bib. ...

Macro or Function to make text size to suite text Length?
I would like to find Macro or Function that will make text size to suite text Length? eg. if the first cell has "bill smith" then the text size would be 10. But if you had "Christina Vandermear" then the text size would be as small as 7 in order to fit in that same size cell. I know it's a bit of an odd request, but is there a way to do that? thanks Hi only possible with VBA. You may download the following addin for this extension of the conditional format (as Excel's build in format can't change the font size): http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.CF...

Functionality disabled in junk mail
I believe that disabling functionality in junk mail is extremely worthwhile. Unfortunately, if junk mail is moved to the deleted items folder, functionality is restored. This exposes us to the exact threat you are trying to avoid by disabling the functionality. I suggest that some flag be saved with mail identified as junk, and that flag be checked, and the user be given a warning before enabling functionality. Further, no flag or check is necessary if the user identifies the mail as not junk, or moves that mail to the inbox. Marvin ---------------- This post is a sugg...

Page settings get lost ?
I have selected "Landscape" in the page settings of a report and then saved it. Every now and then, it appears to forget this setting when running the report. Anyone know how to avoid this problem ? What version of Access is this? If it is 2000, you need to apply the service packs. You can download them from: support.microsoft.com/sp Be sure to get the JET sp as well as the Office sp. You will also want to turn off Name AutoCorrect: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=240826 More info about this mis-feature: http://allenbrowne.com/bug-03.html If 2007, there's ...

Date function
Hi, I have a date in a field 03/25/2006...I would like to change this date to only show day and month of date 03/25 . I think I can use the Day and Month functions to pull out the day and month from the date. Can someone help me with using one fuction to get day and month from this date field. Thanks for you help Natalie, You could just re-format your cells with the date in. Select the cells Open up the format cells dialog (will vary depending on your version of Excel) Select 'Custom' from the list of formats. In the 'Type' line, type in 'mm/dd' (without quo...

Automatically set categories on events
Hello altogether, can anyone tell me a way to automatically set categories to events by rules? Not the colorize of events, just the "real" Categories. Thanks for your help. mail@bjoern-mueller.de <mail@bjoern-mueller.de> wrote: > can anyone tell me a way to automatically set categories to events by > rules? Not the colorize of events, just the "real" Categories. I use the "assign it to the _category_ category" action. -- Brian Tillman ...

WEEKNUM() Function
I can't get this function to work. I followed MS' instructions in the Help file to no avail. A B 1 =WEEKNUM(A2,1) 2 10/28/04 The A2 cell is date formated not text. What result do you get when you try it as you described? If you are getting a #Value error in A1, try entering =iseven(2) in a cell. If that returns #Value as well then you need to install the Analysis Toolpak. To do this, in Excel go to Tools->Add-Ins, check Analysis Toolpak and click OK. If you are having some other difficulty please let us know....

Exporting add-in containing dll functions to other computers
Hello everybody, I developed an add-in for excel 2000 containing wrapper functions for a dll I made as well. Now I'm trying to export this add-in to another computer by copying the add-in to the other computers add-in folder(ie. C:\Documents and Settings\"YourUserName"\Application Data\Microsoft\AddIns) and placing the dll I developed to the windows' system32 folder. Even though I do this something goes wrong and I get only an error report #Value! for every function I try to to use. The add-in works just fine on the pc I developed this add-in on. If you have any idea please...

Macro Security Setting not applying ...
Help! I have a workbook that will sporadically lose it's ability to run macros even though the macro security setting is set to 'medium'. i.e. - no message box comes up when opening the file and when trying to run any macros, the "cannot run macros ..." box comes up. The only way I can fix this is to open the file, select macro-security setting "low", save the file, open it again, and then return the setting to "medium". This file is out on a shared drive and many of my users need to access this - so the quick-fix noted above really isn't...