Selecting row when plus is clicked

I have a form/subform that shows up as a grid of master records with
plusses next to them, and when the plusses are clicked that part of
the grid expands showing a subgrid with detail record.

What I would like is for the selection pointer to move to that record
when the plus expander is clicked.

Is this possible?

0
blizzardville

Run report on multi selected records.

Command Buttons Not Responding on First Click
Using Access 2003. Very simple, I have a command button to close the form. Code is as follows (form is called "Select212Form") Private Sub btnMenu_Click() On Error GoTo Err_btnMenu_Click DoCmd.Close acForm, "Select212Form" Exit_btnMenu_Click: Exit Sub Err_btnMenu_Click: MsgBox Err.Description Resume Exit_btnMenu_Click End Sub The button does nothing the first time it's clicked. Next time, I click it, it works! It's not a double-click, there is a pause between clicks. If I put a breakpoint in there, it enters the routine on the first click ...

move row data to columns
We had a problem with some test data and instead of test results being recorded in multiple rows 5 columns wide, all of the data was recorded in one row multiple columns wide. The data consists of 5 readings taken every second for a period of 2 hours. Each reading is in it's own cell (no cell contains more than one reading). Do you know of a way that I can move each set of readings (5 test results) into it's own 5 column wide row? i.e. currently shows in single row as: 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 128, 128, 128, 128, 128, 234, 234, 234, 234, 234, etc. and I need in 5 column wide rows: 0, 0, 0, ...

Can't select objects in Excel 2007

Select contact then hangs

Autofilter header row
My experience has been that the first row is where the controls (down arrow) appear when autofilter is invoked. But I've now been sent a spreadsheet (just unformatted data in a large table) where the autofilter chooses the second row. I've compared the new spreadsheet with previous versions and don't see any difference in layout, etc. What can be causing this problem? Is there something "invisible" that tells Excel which is the header row for the data to be filtered? If I select row 1 and then click autofilter, the controls do appear on row 1 but otherwi...

Selecting rows from various sheets

Lost row height format?
My boss is working in a workbook with numerous sheets. He saved the file and then reopened it after his HDD was replaced. When he reopened the file, all of the row heights were off a little bit, but since this is for a large financial report, it is a big deal. Does anyone know what could cause this and have any idea how to fix it. He swears he did not change any of the settings in excel, or manually adjust any of the rows. Prior to re-opening, all rows were set at 11. Now some are 12, some 11, some 11.5, some 10.??. This happened on every sheet. Help!!! Thanks, Mac Highl...

select text in Calendar

Link select with a blast

Select Case in a Change Event

Select Records based another table...

Controling queries displayed when clicking Load from Query button?
I want to be able to control the queries that are displayed when the Load from Query toolbar button is displayed. Can anyone tell me how the filter box list gets populated? Thanks. Paco ...

Multi-Select List Box Does Not Retain Selected Items
I created an Outlook Form in 2003. But when I select items in the list box they do not remain select when I select another control on the form. Any suggestions? Did you bind the list box to a keywords field? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "kaykay" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:276dd01c4638d$bd5af590$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I created an Outlook Form in 2003. But when I select > items i...

VBA
I am very new to VBA and access and have a question regarding a SELECT statement. I am going to run a select (recordset - so I can loop through and process each record) but on my SELECT I want to make sure I return at least 20 rows, otherwise I am going to change my WHERE clause to include more rows. Is there an easy way to do this or do I need to just do an inital SELECT COUNT(*) and then decide which WHERE clause to use?? Do you have an example I can look at? Thank you in advance! AJ On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 17:14:00 -0800, AJ <AJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: I would not first ...

inserting rows #7
is it possible to insert rows at a regular intervals by using one command? like i have to insert rows after odd rows number....1,3,5,.... thanks Ankur, Insert a new column, and use the formula: =ROW() and copy to match your table. Then below your table, in the same column, insert a 1 in the first cell (or the number of your lowest numbered odd row in your table), then below that the formula =??+2 where you replace the ?? with the cell address of the cell with the 1. Then copy down that formula until a number matches your highest row number. Then copy that column, and pastespecial valu...

macro: sort list, then print w/out blank rows
Hi, i have been trying to write a macro (see below) that can do th following: 1. Sort a list based on two columns. 2. Print the list including header row. I have encountered the following problems: 1. The first column by which I sort is sorted in Ascending order. I a sorting a selected range (see below). This resulted in those rows i that range that were left blank to come up first. I want to ignor those rows. 2. When I let the macro print the range, it prints the whole range What do I do to have only those rows printed that are non-blank? Range("A6:F10005").Select Selection.S...

Drop down list quicker selection
We are using Excel 2003 We created a drop down list using the Data\Validation process, which works fine. When the arrow within a cell is clicked on to show the drop down list, how can you quickly select one of the many names in the list just by typing the first character of a name within the list. At the moment, we have to scroll up and down the list to select a particular name, which in itself isn't a problem, but slows down the process of finding the right name. Can the names within the list be alphabetically grouped when inputting the first character from the keyboard, and spee...

totaling rows
New at this hope this makes sense: I have rows of data that include entering demographics, 6 columns indicate race, 2 columns gender, six age range columns and a total participant column. What formula would add the numbers in each of the demographics and insure that the different ranges equal each other and the total participants for each row. Thanks, Mel "Mel" wrote: > New at this hope this makes sense: > > I have rows of data that include entering demographics, 6 columns indicate > race, 2 columns gender, six age range columns and a total participant colu...

Selected fields to update
I need to have the ability, in OL'07, when I try to copy in a contact and am told there is a duplicate, to be able to select which fields I want updated and which not. Is that possible built-in or add-in? -- Boris You may find this of interest - ContactGenie DataPorter 2.0 - specifically handles updating of pre-existing contacts allowing you to define which fields you want to import/update from your input data file (custom forms/fields supported). Features: http://www.contactgenie.com/cg20features.htm Download" http://www.contactgenie.com/cg20dlorder.htm Karl _...

Change Form/Report Query Based on User Selection
I have a form and report based on a query. I need to change the query based on what the user selects on a form. Using VBA in MS Access 2002, can I change a single field in an existing query from GROUP BY to LAST? This process would be initiated by a click event on a form. Thanks in advance for any help. I would say only if you are willing to construct the entire query string in VBA and then apply that string as the source of the report. John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2009 The Hilltop Institute University of Maryland Baltimore County Wayne wrote: > I have a form ...

Formulas not being copied down
My problem is that when I copy a formula in excel the formula appears to have copied down the column correctly but it outputs the wrong answer. It is not until I actually click in to the cell (doubleclicking or F2) and then click enter that the correct value appears. WEIRD! Please advise! Go to tools options calculation and make calculation automatic. Alan >-----Original Message----- >My problem is that when I copy a formula in excel the >formula appears to have copied down the column correctly >but it outputs the wrong answer. It is not until I >actually click ...