Select records from query using added checkbox

Hallo,

I have a subform in which I show records resulting from a query displaying
certain data from two tables. I would like to add a checkbox to every entry
of this query, so the user can select the query-records he wants to use to
perform additional tasks with.

E.g. Say the query collects data on persons and their jobs based on certain
criteria. The user must be able to (de-) select the persons he would like to
leave out of a report that will be made once the user has decided on the
persons.

Also I would like to have all the checkboxes initially checked, so the user
only has to deselect some or none.

Is this possible without any changes to the original tables?

Thank you

greeknl

No, you need to put a boolean field in your table.

Note that if you're in a multi-user environment, you'll have problems with
this approach, since everyone will be updating the same table with their
choices.

If the list of possible choices isn't too long, you might consider using a
multi-select List Box instead.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"greeknl via AccessMonster.com" <u30909@uwe> wrote in message
> Hallo,
>
> I have a subform in which I show records resulting from a query displaying
> certain data from two tables. I would like to add a checkbox to every
> entry
> of this query, so the user can select the query-records he wants to use to
> perform additional tasks with.
>
> E.g. Say the query collects data on persons and their jobs based on
> certain
> criteria. The user must be able to (de-) select the persons he would like
> leave out of a report that will be made once the user has decided on the
> persons.
>
> Also I would like to have all the checkboxes initially checked, so the
> user
> only has to deselect some or none.
>
> Is this possible without any changes to the original tables?
>
> Thank you

Douglas
3/29/2007 2:42:42 PM
Ok if it cannot be done otherwise this is what I will do.

Thank you very much for your fast reply

greeknl

How do I return to 1st slide when not in use?
I'm makeing a touch screen ppt and I want the ppt to return to the homepage after 5 min of non use. Can I do that? On 12/8/09 1:55 PM, in article 1DEBBFEC-0713-4A6E-90F5-8138A0BC3C2B@microsoft.com, "mpmb" <mpmb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm makeing a touch screen ppt and I want the ppt to return to the homepage > after 5 min of non use. Can I do that? Kiosk mode (Slide Show > Set Up Show > Browsed at a Kiosk) includes this functionality, but it has only worked sporadically in some versions. Which version of PowerPoint are you using? ...

Query Too Complex...Sometimes
Hello, This seems to be one of those issues I feel like I am just missing. I have a report that runs off of a query. When the report is called directly from the report objects list, runs just fine. However, when the report is called using a button in a form, I get the infamous "This expression is typed incorrectly, or it is too complex to be evaluated..." Any quick thoughts before I go through a long troubleshooting process? Thanks! B -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Why didn't you post the code so that we can help troubleshoot it? On Aug 7, 4:12 ...

Nested or Sub query?
Im a bit lost as to how to go about this, I have 3 queries that i built in access query builder which join 4 tables together in order to generate a report What I would like to do is turn those 3 queries into a single sql statement that can be run from vba. or run all three in vba and get the correct output. so here are my queries Query A SELECT Transdata.Barcode, Transdata.Out, Transdata.[In], Transactions.Usercode, Transactions.location FROM Transactions LEFT JOIN Transdata ON Transactions.Transcode = Transdata.Transcode WHERE (((Transdata.[In]) Is Null)); Query B ...

Using Regular expressions in Excell 2007
I have code written in excell 2003 where I use Regular Expressions 'heavily'. In Excell 2003 you had to import the RegExp library to be able to use it. Is Regular Expressions part of VBA in Excell 2007? or do you still need to import the RegExp library? Same as in Excel 2003, the library is part of IE not Excel or VBA. -- HTH Bob "ncunha" <ncunha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7EF31D63-6C38-451B-9CEF-2E091DA7B2E7@microsoft.com... >I have code written in excell 2003 where I use Regular Expressions > 'heavily'...

Convert $ to actual numbers in an imported web query
I use the Web Query function to import tables with data from the internet to my spreadsheet. However, some of the amounts imported are in $ format (e.g. "$7,950.00") and do not function as numbers, i.e. I cannot perform mathematical calculations on them. How do I import $$ values as actual numbers? Thanks for your help. If desired, send your file to my address below. I will only look if: 1. You send a copy of this message on an inserted sheet 2. You give me the newsgroup and the subject line 3. You send a clear explanation of what you want ...

Adding More Tear-Offs
I am using Publisher 2003. I've inserted the Tear-Off object. Is there a way to add more of them? I'd like to shrink the size of each tab, and just add more of them to my project. Any ideas? Is there a way to modify the object, or any place to change the options for it? Thanks! Dana wrote: > I am using Publisher 2003. I've inserted the Tear-Off > object. Is there a way to add more of them? I'd like to > shrink the size of each tab, and just add more of them to > my project. > > Any ideas? Is there a way to modify the object, or any > place to change t...

Select range from ActiveCell do to Lastcell
From Leith Ross 2/7/2006 Dim EndCell As Range Set EndCell = ActiveSheet.Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp) ActiveSheet.Range(ActiveCell, EndCell).ClearContents If I change the A to an N it selects a range from ActiveCell down to last entry in Column N. My ActiveCell is in Column A but Column N may not have data down to the last cell as in Column A How do I select a range of cells from an ActiveCell in column A across to Column N and down to last data cell in column A -- Thank you Aussie Bob C Little cost to carry knowledge with you. Win XP P3 Office 2007...

dynamic chart on user selected data range in Excel 2007
I am trying create a chart 'on the fly' based on the user selected data range in Excel 2007. I was trying to use Jon Peltier's 'interactive chart creation' VB scripts. Somehow it does not work on Excel 2007. After Jon's interactiveChartCreation.xls opens, both input boxes does not work, meaning one can not input any data by mouse selection. I tried to click 'ok', but it only selected the input box. I hope Jon or some one else can see this and offer some help. Thank you all very much for your tips. This worked fine in a test I just ran. Did this wor...

Adding in data based on dates
If I have a historical file in access, and then I recieve a file every week that has the past 17 days. Is there a way to get access to merge JUST the past days that are not included in the history. So you have a report that is from 2/7/05 through 2/7/08. I recieve a report for 1/28/08 through 2/14/08. I want to just add on the 2/8/08 through 2/14/08 data. Is that possible? How can I do this? Schwimms, You should be able to determine the latest date in your History table. DMax("[HistoryDate]", "tblHistory") Then filter your import with a Date criteria...

Using Worksheets #2
I have created a database of names and associated information. Names are located in A1 thru A500 and sorted alphabetically. Corresponding data is contained in B thru I for each name. Now I would like to break up the list so that A-K is on worksheet1, L-S on worksheet2 and the remaining T thru Z on the worksheet3. What would be the best method of copying the information and then be able to add or delete names and data, and have it propagated into the correct sheet alphabetically? Thank you in advance. CS Hi! What is the format of the names column? Last_name, First._name There may be be...

Outlook has problems connecting to Exchange server when I use remote desktop
Hi, all I've noticed a strange problem recently: when I connect to my PC at the office from my home PC, using remote desktop, Outlook running on the office PC frequently has problems connecting to the company Exchange server. I get the following error message: Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x80040115) : 'The connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action.' The problem does go away after a while, and seems to go away if I close & re-open Outlook. I haven't noticed t...

Query for specific characters in a spreadsheet
I used Excel to track student attendance for a class this summer and used one character to indicate attendance, another absence, a third for cancellation, etc... Is there a way to query how many of each of these characters appear in the spreadsheet? =COUNTIF(range,"A") Where range would be a column or row that would contain the character.A for absence. You will need a formula for each character. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 14:10:01 -0800, Vicki B <VickiB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I used Excel to track student attendanc...

duplicating some data from previous record on a form
I have a form that I would like to simplify. This form is created to allow for data to be entered for inventory checks. There are two feilds that very often repeat. The name of the store and the date of the report. Is there a simple yet elegant way of facilitating this? On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 10:40:01 -0700, JMC <JMC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a form that I would like to simplify. This form is created to allow >for data to be entered for inventory checks. There are two feilds that very >often repeat. The name of the store and the date of the report. Is there a...

Problem with Executable File generated using Debug Build
Hi All, I am facing a really wierd problem. I am working on a project in which I have implemeted a GUI for controlling laser microscopes. Everything was going fine till I added support for Filter Wheels. The program compiles perfectly fine. Runs perfectly fine if I run it using Microsoft Visual Studios. But When I try to run the program by double clicking on its icon in the debug folder, the program shows that main frame and then hangs. The problem was not there before I added the code for filter wheels. I am placed all the DLL files in the debug folder. Could any body help me out. Regard...

query to delete negative numbers in HQ
Hello all, I have some negative items trapped in my HQ that are not in any of my stores inventories. I believe this happened when the supplier was changed. Is there a simple query to drop these negative numbers out of HQ?. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_008C_01CA5950.12193CA0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Patrick, How about running a 501 worksheet and then a 190 task. --=20 Jeff=20 Check Point Software Search this newsgroup -- http://tinyurl.com/2lmk4w (Stolen from DRS) =3D=3D=3...

Need help bringing back an ID on the most recent record
I have a table with Student ID EventID EventDate (for example) 573 2670 7/1/2007 573 2716 7/1/2006 I'd like to return the EventID of the last EventDate for each Student. I've tried many variations of Max and Last, but because I want to bring back the EventID, I keep doing a GROUPBY on EventID and then I get multiple rows instead of just the most recent row. In the example above, I'd want to return 573, 2670 (so that I can join event 2670 to the event table to find out more ab...

Running a Select Case procedure off a ComboBox Value
I am trying to Run a Select Case procedure off a combo box value. When one value is chosen I want to open a query. When a different value is chosen, I want to open another query. My Case Else is a message box that appears. What happens is that when this procedure is executed, the message box appears, regardless of what has been selected in the combo box... any ideas? Thanks -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200710/1 Barkley via AccessMonster.com wrote: > I am trying to Run a Select Case procedure off a combo box valu...

Changing a record from active to inactive issue
Hi I've got a set of CRM training courses and the status of the course progresses through various stages. However I noticed that when we make the course inactive (i.e. after it's delivered or cancelled) the status changes to cancelled. I've found in the attribute for the record that the inactive state only had cancelled so I've added delivered as the other option but assumed this would copy across from the active state of the record. But it doesn't the record just defaults to what ever option I chose as the default. How can I get the inactive status to reflect the acti...

What is the default search used by outlook address book in a LDAP Server
Hi, I'm trying to set up a LDAP server to have a centralized address book. Almost everything is working fine, except that when opening the address book and nothing is retrieved by default. But note that if I make a search using the search field in the address book it works fine. Using my ldap server in debug mode I've saw some query related to "defaultnamingcontext" ... Any ideas? ]['s Charles Bauer ...

How can I make a 3-page leaflet using Publisher 2003?
How can I make a 3-page leaflet using Publisher 2003? What size? A folded document? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Phil" <Phil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2D93A460-A9AE-4ED6-AB93-53A06DC85292@microsoft.com... > How can I make a 3-page leaflet using Publisher 2003? Phil When you open Publisher, do you not see a large panel on the left of the screen that has the heading 'Publications for print'?.. If you don't, click on FILE - NEW, then click on Publication to...

Errors after Modifying Access 2000 db using Access 2003
I know this proplem has been posted and several solutions have been posted, but I cannot get any of them to work, and I'm at wits end. Someone in the company developed a db in Access 2000 that is extremely useful, but after years of using, I've thought of a few ways to improve upon it (via Access 2003). I was finally able to update the Forms, Macros, and Modules, and get the db working as I wanted. However, after I closed the db and re-opened it for its final testing, I got the dreaded "Module Not Found" error when I clicked on one of the command buttons. I feel l...

Incoming email is bounced when 2nd server added to site
Hello, I have recently added an additional Exchange server to my Exchange site. I can send email to the Internet from my new server, but when mail is sent from the Internet to the new server, I get NDR report from my existing server in the site. What do I need to do to the original server for it to forward external mail to the new server? Thanks in advance. -- what version Exchange? if the servers are in the same site, there should be no problem here...email sent to anyone in your Org should be delivered to either server. What is the NDR that is received? -- Susan Conkey [MVP...

Input a date using a Form Button.
Hi, Please help as I'm totally lost with this one! I'm doing a little project for work and I have come across a littl problem with a date input that I have set up using a Form Button. No this button once pressed enters the date just as I want, into th correct Cell (the buttons called "Todays Date") Now I have recorded macro so that the button executes the =TODAY() comand - which is fin untill the date changes!! As you can emagine I need the date to stay a it was when first pressed as its a database I'm trying to compile. Does this make any sense to you all?? I will...

Calculating Percentage in Query.
I have a query with the fields Quantity (Count of ID's), Product, company. My issue is to calculate the percentage for each company in a query When I put Quantity/Sum(Quantity)) I am getting subquery warning. How can I accomlish this in a query. That is , I would like to get Quantity, Percenage: Qty/Sum(Qty), Company. Any help really appreciated. Thank you Create a totals query to get your SUMs for the equation. Join the query with your table in that output query to get percent. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "Lin" wrote: > I have a query with the ...

Adding financial institution
My banks name is Security Bank. Pretty generic. After clicking on 5 Security Banks in the Financial Institutions list (because there's no location information displayed), none of them were mine. Every FI has a unique FedRes routing number - why not let users enter that and have the software find the FI in the database if it's available? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow...