select all for check box..

HI..
I have a check box field in a continuous form... name is mCheck
I want to have a command button Select All such that when clicked, all check
boxes in the continuous form would be selected...Thank you..

--
ai®

ai_enjoi

A continuous form would display a set of records.  Are you saying that you
want all the records in the set marked with a check-mark?

If so, one way to do this would be to run a query via code behind the
command button that updates the field underlying the checkbox in all the
records of that set.

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Office/Access MVP

"ai_enjoi via AccessMonster.com" <u33509@uwe> wrote in message
> HI..
> I have a check box field in a continuous form... name is mCheck
> I want to have a command button Select All such that when clicked, all
> check
> boxes in the continuous form would be selected...Thank you..
>
> --
> ai�

Jeff
2/8/2008 4:05:10 PM
Yes... I want all the records in the set marked..What possible codes should I
use? Thanks..

Jeff Boyce wrote:
>A continuous form would display a set of records.  Are you saying that you
>want all the records in the set marked with a check-mark?
>
>If so, one way to do this would be to run a query via code behind the
>command button that updates the field underlying the checkbox in all the
>records of that set.
>
>Regards
>
>Jeff Boyce
>Microsoft Office/Access MVP
>
>> HI..
>> I have a check box field in a continuous form... name is mCheck
>> I want to have a command button Select All such that when clicked, all
>> check
>> boxes in the continuous form would be selected...Thank you..

--
ai®

ai_enjoi
2/9/2008 11:43:31 AM
I posted this the other day, but on another thread somehow.  Sorry for the
delay.

Put a button on the Form header and add this code into the Click event:

rst.MoveFirst
Do Until rst.EOF
  rst.Edit
    rst![mCheck] = 0
  rst.Update
rst.MoveNext
Loop

rst.Close
Set rst = Nothing

If you want to alternate from check to unchecked change line,

    rst![mCheck] = False

    rst![mCheck] = Not rst![mCheck]

An alternative method is this:

With Me.RecordsetClone
  .MoveFirst
  Do Until .EOF
    .Edit
      ![mCheck] = False
    .Update
  .MoveNext
  Loop
End With

I posted the first procedure becuase this isn't looping through the records
for some reason on my machine with Access 2007.

God Bless,

Mark A. Sam

> HI..
> I have a check box field in a continuous form... name is mCheck
> I want to have a command button Select All such that when clicked, all
> check
> boxes in the continuous form would be selected...Thank you..
>
> --
> ai�

Mark

Run report on multi selected records.

filter in combo box
I am trying to filter information from one combo box to display into another combo box. The first displays the fields Element, Reference The second Sub-Element, Reference Whatever element the user selects in the first combo box i need the second one to only display the sub-elements with the same reference. Can I do this??? Any help appreciated "Nathan" <Nathan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E93D40DA-F262-4C50-A8C6-131292CEA3D5@microsoft.com... >I am trying to filter information from one combo box to display into >another > combo box. > Th...

Can't select objects in Excel 2007

how do i make square bullets for a check off list.
Format - Bullets and numbering -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "howard" <howard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3CA667D1-A518-44C5-A644-EAE6EADC37F8@microsoft.com... > ...

Check boxes to text 05-10-10
Is there any way to take information from check boxes that were selected and turn it in to text? I want to have multiple checkboxes to select, and add those selected values to the destription line. ex. checkboxes: red, blue, green Once you have selected, it would add to the header: "Order for lables: red, green" It is not clear what you are trying to do. A check box is simply that - a box which can be checked. If you want to insert some text based upon whether a check box in a protected form is checked, then see http://www.gmayor.com/SelectFile.htm -- <>...

Select contact then hangs

Nudging Text Boxes in a Chart
Has anyone found a way to "nudge" data labels in a PPT chart? I know I can move them by clicking and dragging but when I try to use the arrow keys (as I do for objects) the cursor tabs to other areas in the chart. And when clicking and dragging the labels they seem to snap to a grid and I have very limited control over them. Thanks for any insights!! -- Trisha H No one has to "find a way", there are already several standard ways to accomplish that. :o) Turn off the "Snap Objects to Grid" (in 2003 View, Grid and Guides) or in that same loca...

numbering text boxes?
Is there a way to number text boxes in a document? I'm trying to create coupons that I can number, putting 3 to a page, so I'd need to number the text boxes rather than the pages. Mail merge... Setup a data base list with numbers. Lots of help here Mail merge http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH010504371033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D77331E-3B4A-47B4-BC9B-50FA4E883555@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to nu...

Selecting rows from various sheets

Check boxes 11-27-07
Hi! I have in main form two check boxes. OI would like when If Checkbox1 = Yes Then Checkbox2 = No else Checkbox2 = Yes Then Checkbox1 = No end if Thanks in advance. an Use an option group, it will take care of all that for you. "an" wrote: > Hi! > > I have in main form two check boxes. > OI would like when > > If Checkbox1 = Yes Then > Checkbox2 = No > else > Checkbox2 = Yes Then > Checkbox1 = No > end if > > Thanks in advance. > an > You can easily do that but the effect is the same as if you have a single...

select text in Calendar

Link select with a blast

Checking the directory
Hi I have an executable which is kept in a particular directory.In C ++ how do we check whether the directory in which the user is similar to the EXE's directory...........This has to be used in UNIX O Is there any function in C++ to cross check whether the dir is same as that defined by me .,.. As far as I know there is no platform-independent method of checking directory equivalence, especially in Unix where there are hard links and soft links that can really confuse things. And I have no idea what you mean by "similar to". They are either the same directory or different di...

Select Case in a Change Event

Deleting Check Boxes
I have a series of 52 check boxes in 52 Rows, I now want to delete all of them. I've tried deleting the column, but the check boxes don't actually disappear. How do I delete them all without having to go into each one and deleting them. I've tried Edit-Go To-Special-Objects, but I've other Check boxes in the same sheet which I don't want to delete. Also how can I uncheck all 52 check boxes (that have ticks in them) in one procedure Thanks Hi John, If by 'procedure' you mean VBA, then to untick the check boxes, try: '=============>> Sub Untic...

How do you make drop down boxs in excel
I need to make several drop down boxs in my worksheet, but don't know how, can anyone give me direction on how to do this? See Debra's site first and post back if you need something else http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "Mai" <maiwortman@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:123a01c3730d$722803e0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I need to make several drop down boxs in my worksheet, but > don't know how, can anyone give me direction on how to do > this? Select View Tool ...

Select Records based another table...

Combo Box to display only "active" records
Hi, I have a combo box based on a list of records in table. Overtime I may want to "de-activate" (Employee.Active=No) records in the list so that a user can longer chose it from the list, but I don't want previously selected records from list to be affected. I added a WHERE Employee.Active=Yes condition to the row source. My drop-down list no longer displays inactive records, but when I look at previous entries the record displayed is also blank. How do I only get this to apply to new records being created? Thanks Yes, that's a common scenario, Nancy. One ...

Multi-Select List Box Does Not Retain Selected Items
I created an Outlook Form in 2003. But when I select items in the list box they do not remain select when I select another control on the form. Any suggestions? Did you bind the list box to a keywords field? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "kaykay" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:276dd01c4638d$bd5af590$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I created an Outlook Form in 2003. But when I select > items i...

VBA
I am very new to VBA and access and have a question regarding a SELECT statement. I am going to run a select (recordset - so I can loop through and process each record) but on my SELECT I want to make sure I return at least 20 rows, otherwise I am going to change my WHERE clause to include more rows. Is there an easy way to do this or do I need to just do an inital SELECT COUNT(*) and then decide which WHERE clause to use?? Do you have an example I can look at? Thank you in advance! AJ On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 17:14:00 -0800, AJ <AJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: I would not first ...

Check Box Question
I have a user form with several Check Boxes that are for controlling worksheets in a workbook. Each check box is for hiding or unhiding the different worksheets in a workbook from the user form2. Workbook name = Installer Forms Worksheet name = Sheet 1 Checkbox names = Office_Package_Preparations_101 I want when the Box is checked for the worksheet to be shown and when the box is not checked for the worksheet to be hidden. Hi Brian, Important consideration is that you cannot hide all sheets so must test for at least 2 visible sheets before hiding a sheet. If...

Drop down list quicker selection
We are using Excel 2003 We created a drop down list using the Data\Validation process, which works fine. When the arrow within a cell is clicked on to show the drop down list, how can you quickly select one of the many names in the list just by typing the first character of a name within the list. At the moment, we have to scroll up and down the list to select a particular name, which in itself isn't a problem, but slows down the process of finding the right name. Can the names within the list be alphabetically grouped when inputting the first character from the keyboard, and spee...