Search Form Problems

I have a form that has two fields in it.  The first field is for a ID
number, and the other is for the projects name.  I am having a problem
with using the form for as a search tool.

Some of the values are duplicates in the drop down, I wanted to know
how to properly filter the combo box so that the values can only be
seen once.

The Row Source is the name of the table that the fields are from,
however this only words for the ID combo box and not the project name
one.  For some reason the values are from the ID column in the project
name's combo box as well.  To counter this problem, I simply made a
query that pulls the information from the project name field in the
original table.

I have written a macro that tells the form to find the record that is
chosen or entered in the combo boxes.  When you click the search
button on the form it goes to another form that the rest of the
information is in.  I got this to work for the ID combo box fine.  The
problem has been the project name.  When I search for the project name
the form comes up with an error message.  I have no clue why this task
is so complicated when the ID information works fine.

Anybody know how I can fix this problem?

0
Kgwill85

AfterUpdate Problem
I need to flash an "RE-ORDER ALERT" message after inventory level falls below re-order level. The message only flashes up when I move to a next record and back after a DoCmd.Save. I need the message to flash immediate after a Save. Note. The message is a flashing label on the form. Thank you. Perhaps you could code it to actually flash before DoCmd.Save is processed. Once you're into that code string, it will be run. Or, maybe consider a Message Box. I like this idea because it forces the user to interact with the reorder message. No one can say "I didn'...

Money+ Auto Download Problem
I erroneously posted this in MoneyCentral and was nicely told this is the correct forum for the post. Forgive the cross-post. I had been a Money 2007 user but had not kept it up-to-date. I got religion and decided to install Money Plus when prompted by the pop-up that a new version was available. I deleted my old accounts, installed Money Plus, created two new accounts (checking & credit), downloaded my checking and credit account from BOA without any problem. Next time I started Money+ the software was trying to download from a third BOA account, (not the checking & credit ...

Sub Form
How I will make many Sub Forms in Tabualr mode in one main form -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200708/1 suggest you don't open "many" subforms. there's a lot of overhead when you open multiple subforms in a single main form. since you're using a tab control, your users will only be able to see one subform at a time anyway; so you can use *one* subform control, put it on the main form "behind" the subform and it will show up on all the tabs. then use some code to load the appropriate sou...

Receipt modification Problem
I am trying to modify the header of the reciept to reflect current business practices and have something wrong with the XML code. What I am trying to do is set a different text for the store name based on a variable contained in the sales rep field. Every customer of our business is assigned a sales rep that is actually the sales channel they use to reach our store. I would like invoices, work orders, packing slips to have the correct store name at the top depending on what sales rep is associted with the customer.sale. Receipt variable I want to replace is <TEXT> Configuration.Sto...

Problem with data using IF and Nested IF statements possibly???
Afternoon All I am attempting to analyse data from multiple worksheets from numerous people the incoming data all has one thing in common column A this is a certain frequency a job is done. The problem is that there are many ways of entering the data ie 12 months or 52 weeks or 365 days all essentially meaning the same thing. My idea is to collate the data in col A and then using the Helper column as the standard frequencies ie if cell A1 = 12 months, closes frequency in helper is 52 weeks therefore value in C1 = 52 weeks. By using an IF statement I can change the value of one frequen...

POP Blank PO Form #2
Is there a way to limit the number of lines that are printed on a page? Want to limit 10 and then go to new page. -- Christopher Sorel ...

California DE-6 Tax Form
During a demo I was asked if a DE-6 tax form can be printed out of GP Payroll. Not being from California I was not sure. I did not see the report in Payroll. Solutions would be appreciated. thanks I don't believe that GP has the DE-6 in it but there is a 3rd Party product developed by Aatrix Software that does the state unemployment reports for all 50 states (which includes the CA DE-6). These reports pull the data out of your Great Plains database. You can check out a free demo on their web site. www.aatrix.com, click on payroll reports and select the quarterly download for M...

OMA Problems
Hi, I wonder if anyone can help. We have a Front end / back end setup with OWA working fine with and without forms based authentication. I understand there is a problem with SSL/Forms based authentication, so to get OMA working we have disabled this. However we get the following error messages:- Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeOMA Event Category: (1000) Event ID: 1503 Date: 19/02/2006 Time: 20:15:14 User: N/A Computer: FRONTEND Description: An unknown error occurred while processing the current request: Message: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size...

Vendor Email to POP Other Form
Can anyone give me directions on how to add the vendor's email address (from the vendor internet information window) to the Purchase Order Other Form? Thanks, Jocelyn Jocelyn, The vendor e-mail address is stored in SY01200 (Internet addresses). In that case, it might not be possible to bring that on to the PO form. Try adding the e-mail address in vendor maintenance Options window, user defined field so that you can place the same in the PO modified report. -- Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP Note: If you are a Microsoft Partner, You can also Login to Dynamics GP partner forums at ...

tabbed form issue
I have a main form with a couple of tabbed subforms. Everything works great except when using the scroll wheel on a mouse if I am on one of the tabbed subforms it rolls only the subform forward and then it is to a blank add form. I want my subform and mainform to scroll together record by record. If I use the record advance arrows on my main form my records advance perfectly. Thanks for the help in advance. ...

How do I save a narrated (sound embedded) PPT07 file in SCORM form
I want to allow my company's LMS (Learning Management System) to store, push, and report viewership of narrated (Isound embedded) PPT 2007 files. The LMS has two APIs for content: SCORM 1.2 or AICC. Has anyone found a way to store narrated PPTs (or take intermediate steps) to create SCORM-format output so an LMS can manipulate it? ...

Search & replace in formulae

Searching for Newsgroups

Search engine optimization

deleting a form
How do you delete a form from the organizational forms lib? Use Outlook, and go to Tools / Options / Other / Advanced Options / Custom Forms / Manage Forms -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchange.co.uk "scavngr" <aaa@winn-dixie.com> wrote in message news:020b01c3c9a2$e7485cb0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How do you delete a form from the organizational forms lib? ...

Outlook problem after patched Windows XP SP2
I am looking a for a permanent solution to fix the below problem, I read a article from KB but just only a temporary fix. Is there any one-time fix solution can resolve this problem. "Messages in Microsoft Outlook are not sent immediately in Windows XP Service Pack 2" Thanks, Wallace To which KB article are you referring? KS >I am looking a for a permanent solution to fix the below > problem, I read a article from KB but just only a > temporary fix. Is there any one-time fix solution can > resolve this problem. > > "Messages in Microsoft Outlook are n...

Change color on date field in form for re-certification
Hello. I have two different date fields on a form, but I would like them to change color depending on how close to the re-certification date it is whenever I open the form or open a report showing the same info. On each of the date fields, I would like to have them green for anything over a month away, yellow for anytime within a month, and red for anything expired. One date field [PTDate] needs re-certified every 6 months, and the other date field [WeaponDate] needs re-certified every 12 months. I've been struggling with this for several days now and haven't been able t...

excel VBA

Transfer out from Offline Inventory Problem
I face a strange problem, when the offline items transferred out from the offline inventory to another store they stay appearing in the offline inventory with their quantities, and a transfer out number appear in front of them. when I generated the item movement report I didn't find the serial is transferred out, but I found the transfer number mentioned in the offline inventory and the same item code in it. by this problem the offline quantities increasing dramatically and the transferred out quantities didn't deducted from it. Note: when I open the transfer out mentioned in the...

Refresh a combo box on a sub-form
Hi, While in the main form, I want to requery / refresh a combo box on a sub-form. Ive read a couple of forum discussion concerning this issue and tried them, but it did not work. I'm doing somthing dumb. My main form name is frmFamily My sub-form name is frmFamily-sfMembers The name of the combo box on the frmFamily-sfMembers is cboMemNo While in the main form, I want to have Access requery cboMemNo on the frmFamily-sfMembers. While in the main form, I've tried: Me!frmFamily-sfMembers.Form!cboMemNo.Requery This results in the error message "Acces...

Problems sending emails
I'm running windows xp and using outlook 2000 for emails. Suddenly about 10 days ago emails that I sent stopped arriving at their destination. I can use the internet and receive emails using the same ISP account. Emails leave the outbox, but never arrive. I've tried sending emails to myself with no luck. I've double checked all the email settings with the ISP's techno dept and all is fine. I've done a system restore to a time when I know that emails worked, still no luck. Emails don't always get sent easily. Sometimes it takes 3 or 4 attempts and sometimes I get a 554...