Search Form Problems

I have a form that has two fields in it.  The first field is for a ID
number, and the other is for the projects name.  I am having a problem
with using the form for as a search tool.

Some of the values are duplicates in the drop down, I wanted to know
how to properly filter the combo box so that the values can only be
seen once.

The Row Source is the name of the table that the fields are from,
however this only words for the ID combo box and not the project name
one.  For some reason the values are from the ID column in the project
name's combo box as well.  To counter this problem, I simply made a
query that pulls the information from the project name field in the
original table.

I have written a macro that tells the form to find the record that is
chosen or entered in the combo boxes.  When you click the search
button on the form it goes to another form that the rest of the
information is in.  I got this to work for the ID combo box fine.  The
problem has been the project name.  When I search for the project name
the form comes up with an error message.  I have no clue why this task
is so complicated when the ID information works fine.

Anybody know how I can fix this problem?

0
Kgwill85

Subformss, Tab Controls, and Forms
Hello I am creating a case management database. I have created a Main form called Participants. There are several themes which must be completed for each participant: Personal Information, Personal Assessment, Personal Plans, Notes, and Other. I thought of using a tab control for each theme. I want to create subforms for each theme. That is, for the Personal Information tab, I want to create subforms for each subject area, etc. I read on this board that you can't but a tab control within a tab control, but you can create subforms that would individually contain a ta...

EXCEL PROBLEM
I OFTEN MAKE FORMS AND SPREAD SHEETS FOR OUR OFFICE USING EXCEL. THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE. I AM GETTING "NOT ENOUGH" POP UP BOX WHEN TRYING TO MAKE A NEW SPREAD SHEET TODAY. THE FULL MESSAGE IS "NOT ENOUGH SYSTEM RESOURCES TO DISPLAY COMPLETELY. PLEASE TELL ME THAT THIS THING IS NOT GOING TO CRASH AND I AM ABOUT TO LOSE ALL OF MY WORK. CAN SOMEONE HELP? I AM USING 97 VERSION. THANKS, JENNIFER There are a few things that can be the cause of this ... You have too many applications open. You need to clean out your temp files... You need to do a scan disk and poss...

CrystalAPS problem
I have recently reinstalled my CRM 1.2 software and attached them to an existing set of databases. The installation completed correctly but when I reboot the server the Crystal_CrystalAPS service is not started and I have the following two errors in the event log, firstly... Event Type: Error Event Source: Crystal_CrystalAPS Event Category: Services Event ID: 35101 Date: 01/02/2005 Time: 16:45:19 User: N/A Computer: QSI-UK-CRM Description: The root server reported an error Initialization Failure. (Reason: Unable to connect to the database using the provided connection string. Reason: ...

File transfer problems
I am moving excel files from one computer to another. They both have Office 2000 installed. One has 98 the other XP. I used the files transfer wizard, and also moved them manually. When I open the file on the new computer all of the pages have been changed. It seems the heighth of all of the rows has shrunk because what used to fill a page completely, now has a space at the bottom. Please help, I have 6 years of data that now looks goofy...Thanks Hi One reason could be the resolution of your screen. Maybe it is at a different setting on your new PC. Go to Control Panel / Display t...

Terminal server install domain problem help please
Hi everyone, this is my setup windows 2003 sbs acting as domain controller, exchange, microsoft crm ect windows 2003 standard acting as a terminal server and member server I had a problem with folder redirection which works fine but i manually had to give permission to each individual on the sbs server to the folder redirection folder, is this normal? seems cumbersum My problem is i have install microsoft crm on the 2003 sbs and now i am trying to configure access via the outlook client on the terminal server but i can only get it to work for the administrator. i noticed under the term...

[Exchange 5.5]: Directory Replication Problem
Dear all, I am facing very critical problem I have exchange 5.5 enterprise server connected with 7 exchange 5.5 site. All sites are in different domain with x.400 connector confgiured with two central mail server kept at two different sites. The same topology has been used for directory replication connector. All server are with service pack 2 One of my exchange server goes down due to disk failure. I am using ghost for backup purpose. I restored ghost image which is of one month old on same server with new disk. Server was not at all accepting any directory changes made on another sites. I r...

Problems with mail enabled security groups
Exchange 2003 EE SP1 Windows 2003 SP1 Hi at All, we have the following problems sending emails to mail enabled security groups. For example we have one security group like v_abt_de_g_w wich is mail enabled. The member of this group is an other security group with some user accounts. After sending an email to this mail enabled group the email dosn't reach its target. On Exchange Message Tracking Center you can see the following Entries : SMTP : Message submitteed to advanced queing SMTP: Starting message submission to advanced queue SMTP: Message submitted to categorizer But when ...

LIst Ctrl Sorting Problem
Information:- ----------------- I have a ListCtrl object of REPORT style. I use LVcolumns to create the columns and LVITem to create the items of the list ctrl. I have implemented sorting of the items according to the columns. that is if there are 3 columns and i click the first column,data of items of the list ctrl get sorted in ascending order ordered by first column. on selecting each item i have to display a corresponding image. Problem: ------------ now the problem is after sorting the items, i loose track of original indexes of the items. hence images are not displayed in the same order...

Calculation Form Field
Hi everyone. I have hit a problem with a protected form I'm working with. I have a macro that allows users to add a new row to a table within the protected form, the macro adds formfields in to the new row, one of which is a calculation field. This calcuation field simply multiplies the previous two fields contents using cell references (i.e. b1 * c1, however this unfortunately does not seem to work when the form is reprotected and contents entered into b1/c1 etc. I have checked the expression that I am generating to the new field, and that calculate on exit is set to...

How to do a form letter?
I've worked with Access in years past and just getting up to speed on 2007. I've been reading reams of help files and trying various ways for hours to make a simple form. I need to pull up a person in the db, click a button and print one of a list of form letters (reports) to that person. I've tried creating a letter in Word and embedding it. Even when I set it "to fit" it is reduced in size. If I stretch it it looks funny. Regardless I then need to overlay field boxes everywhere they're needed and try to get them to align with the letter. This also means fields can&#...

Installer Problems
Hi! I had Money 2002 on my computer. I "downloaded" the Money 2004 "trial". (I have decided to purchase it soon anyway.) My question: Everytime I "click on" my Money icon on desktop, the Windows Installer trys to install it again and I can't just open money. Then a pop up comes up & says "please insert Money 2004 CD". Is there anyway around this? Especially the Windows Installer. Thanks Guys!! ...

Blank e-mail problem
Using OL 2003 w/ Winxp. Recently, a few of my associates have told me that they have received my e-mails when I reply back to them, but then they open them up, and there is nothing in the body? What settings did I change, or did I pickup a virus? Thanks, RED anglirich <anglirich@lexcominc.net> wrote: > Using OL 2003 w/ Winxp. > > Recently, a few of my associates have told me that they have received > my e-mails when I reply back to them, but then they open them up, and > there is nothing in the body? > > What settings did I change, or did I pickup a viru...

Problems downloading transactions from TD Ameritrade
I am getting ETF transaction downloads fine from TD Ameritrade, but not mutual fund transactions. I get the account balance update saying that, of course, my Money Plus Deluxe balance doesn't match that of the brokerage (because it didn't get the transactions.) I thought the problem might be that I was running Money 2006, so I updated to the 2008 Money Plus Deluxe but the problem remains. TD Ameritrade tech support just shrugs their shoulders. Has anyone else had this problem with TD Ameritrade? with any other broker? What was the solution? I've tried a lot the suggestio...

Word Search Puzzles
It's not "exactly" related to Pub, but then again, it's not "How do I make a pdf?" I create one of these each week in my paper. Thirty-nine words related to a specific topic. I have at least 350 of these and I was thinking, as a way to make money, that I should publish a book of them (I use a program that rearranges all the words so they would not be repeats). However, the cost of publishing a book is somewhat stiff, so I came upon the idea of making a pdf file and putting it on a CD. People would have to print the puzzle but there are not that many people w...

Forms 02-19-08
Hello All, I'm building a database to track steps of a root cause analysis tool. There are 7 steps to the process; I'd like to have a specific form for each step that all feeds one primary table. I'm able to make each separate form, but I'm not sure how to ensure that each form is updating the same issue. For example. If I open step 1 and start an issues # 0001 each form that I open for each step following needs to update # 0001. The problem is that I may not complete all steps together and don't what to have to search for the # each time I open a new form. I though...

Problem accessing multiple shared calendars
When a new user profile is first created on the computer for the user they can access as many shared Calendars as they have access too. The user exits outlook and starts it up again, they can only access one calendar in addition to their own. They open one calendar, then when the try to access another they get the message "The Calendar Folder Can not be found". If the user exits and restarts outlook once again, they can access their calendar, and they can then access the calendar they just got the error message on previous, but they can not access any others. Basically the...

Problem installing Office 2007 Enterprise Edition
I have downloaded this three times. (Four actually, but it didn't work the first time) I have tried to install several times. It goes through the process, has me put in my Product Key, but when it gets to a certain point I get the message that there was an error during setup. There are no details about what the error is. I have a trial edition of Office 2007 that I cannot delete through Add/Remove Programs. I have deleted Office 2003 (also a trial version, I believe) I read another user's post that said my IT department at work should support this, but I haven'...

Outlook 2003 calender problem driving me nuts ! #3
Hi guys, This is my first post here - and my last hope before I go completeley insane ! I am having a problem with MS Outlook 2003 calender. I have looked extensively on the net, but can not see anything remotely like this. Every date in every view is duplicated - in the individual day boxes, and in the view header.I have attached a screen dump. Please, please, please can someone tell me what is causing this ? I have reinstalled numerous times, but it eventually returns ? Thanks in advance ...

MFC and IP problem
Hello, I have a simple mfc application(exe) and i want to know If it is possible to get back the IP address of a machine which is to connect has my PC by ethernet and to show it in a IP case in my MFC application. Thank you Not very clear what are you talking about. Do you want to know the local IP address? or may be address of different PC in the same LAN? <john.ambou@free.fr> wrote in message news:1144920653.682354.258970@z34g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > Hello, > > I have a simple mfc application(exe) and i want to know If it is > possible to get back the IP address ...

Migrating Product Problem
Hello everyone... now i want migrating Product data to CDF database (cdf_product).... but i notice that DefaultUoMScheduleId is require field must be fill in.. but i found that on UoMSchedule table dont have data... is that problem for migrating data?...or everybody got solution to solve this problem.. thanks... Go to Settings|Products|Unit Group Create unit of measure schedule. Each/Dozen/Gross etc. This can now be your default unit group. Additionally you will need to create a price list. -- --------------------------- Pierre Hulsebus - CRM Consultant http://www.ehtc.c...

CountIF problem #8
Hi, My brain isn't switched on this morning, this may be more straight forward than I think... I'm trying to do a Countif function, which only counts those in the range which are between "0" and "-2". Lets say the range is $A$1 : $A$50, and contains values between -3.00 and 5.00. How can i write this countif formula? It doesnt work the way i'm trying it! Many thanks in advance JJJ -- jjj ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jjj's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=7424 View th...

SVG problems in Visio 2003 SP 2
Hi! I tried to create a new document (metrics format) and added a few different shapes (also metric). I saved the document in SVG format and closed the document. I then tried to open the document again, but got a lot of errors, and some of my shapes could be located at the lower left corner, but a bit misshaped. Also when opening the document i IE it is incorrect. (I detected this behavior with a mush more complex drawing, and that was totally messed up after saved as SVG.) Is this a known error, or is there something wrong with my local setup? Best Regards, Andreas Lundgren Log file: Op...

CEdit on toolbar problem
Hi, In my project, I added an CEdit control on toolbar. And I want to make it do something when "Enter" is pressed. But it can't receive the WM_KEYDOWN message. Can anybody tell me why? Here is my code: //SearchEdit.h class CSearchEdit : public CEdit { //some code ommitted protected: afx_msg void OnKeyDown( UINT nChar, UINT nRepCnt, UINT nFlags ); DECLARE_MESSAGE_MAP() }; //WzdToolbar.cpp BOOL CWzdToolBar::LoadToolBarEx(UINT id) { BOOL bRet; bRet = CToolBar::LoadToolBar(id) ; RECT rect; int pos=CommandToIndex (ID_FINDTEXT) ; SetButtonInfo ( pos , ID_FINDTEXT , TBBS_SEPAR...

Sharing data between 2 Forms in an MFC MDI application
Ok, the subject says it all I guess. I need to share data between my mainframe, and multiple forms in my application. Whats the best way to accomplish this? Brian I think you are following exact MDI way.. so here is what can be done... CWinApp::GetFirstDocTemplatePosition CWinApp::GetNextDocTemplate you will get CDocTemplate* typecast to CMultiDocTemplate* CMultiDocTemplate::GetFirstDocPosition CMultiDocTemplate::GetNextDoc Get document associated with another form and get the data... Neel "Brian Minier" <brian_minier@no-spam.iisvr.com> wrote in message news:OpIO1E...

Mail Merge from an Excel Worksheet problem
Hi! When I try to mail merge from an Excel Worksheet of about 100 addresses, Word somehow includes the empty rows in the worksheet where there is not info. there. I ended up have a 6xx pages long merge, not a 100 pages one. Is there a way in Excel to solve this problem Also, after I enter data for the last column of an entry, how can I make the current cell (the one that being modified or selected, am I using the right term?) jump to the first column of the next row with just hitting the "->" key Thanks for any idea. :) New, There's a query capability built into Word's...