Saving Calculation Fields Value

hi..
    im having a hard time making a database system using only full access..
im not allowed to use any VBA codes.. now im having difficulty on calculation
fields in a form.. it is said that calculation fields are not stored in a
table.. my question is how can i get the value of that field if ever i have
to create another form where i need its existing value.. it would be if easy
i can find it in a table but like i said it only exist in the form.

   please help me with this.. thanks....

sotto_izi

"sotto_izi via AccessMonster.com" <u33592@uwe> wrote in message
> hi..
>    im having a hard time making a database system using only full access..
> im not allowed to use any VBA codes.. now im having difficulty on calculation
> fields in a form.. it is said that calculation fields are not stored in a
> table.. my question is how can i get the value of that field if ever i have
> to create another form where i need its existing value.. it would be if easy
> i can find it in a table but like i said it only exist in the form.
>
>   please help me with this.. thanks....

Create a SELECT query based on your table and add to it all of the table's
fields PLUS a calculated field using the same expression that you are using on
your form.  Now just use that query everyplace you would otherwise have used the
table.

--
Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP
Email (as appropriate) to...

0
Rick
5/8/2007 12:25:18 PM
sotto,
   Say the calculation was Price * Qty = LineTotal.  You calculate LineTotal "on the fly"
with an unbound calculated field.
   On another form you would use the same two fields, Price & Qty to calculate the
LineTotal, just like you did on the original form.  You can do that in any subsequent
form, query, or report.

--
hth
Al Campagna . Candia Computer Consulting . Candia, NH USA

"Find a job that you love, and you'll never work a day in your life."

"sotto_izi via AccessMonster.com" <u33592@uwe> wrote in message news:71de39527f040@uwe...
> hi..
>    im having a hard time making a database system using only full access..
> im not allowed to use any VBA codes.. now im having difficulty on calculation
> fields in a form.. it is said that calculation fields are not stored in a
> table.. my question is how can i get the value of that field if ever i have
> to create another form where i need its existing value.. it would be if easy
> i can find it in a table but like i said it only exist in the form.
>
>   please help me with this.. thanks....

Al

can TIME values be aggregated?
Hello, Can time values be aggregated? I'm putting together a summary report that will need to show the sum time that something happened. (Employee breaks, for instance.) If break times for 3 employees were "01:00:00", "00:15:00", and "00:12:30" in length, how do I aggregate them to get "01:27:30"? Simply treating them like char values so they can be parsed into integers and added and then divided by 60 doesn't seem like the best way. Thanks, Eric new DBA in '09 wrote: > Hello, > > Can time values be aggregated? ...

Value of a data point in a graph
Hi folks, I use following algorithm to read the value of data point: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> On Error Resume Next For Serie = 1 To NumOfRows For DataPnt = 1 To NumOfColumns Set ChtPt = _ ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(Ser...

Unable to save password in Outlook 2003

Save and save as

Saving Images

PivotTable Calculated Items trouble
My PivotTable has two fields in the rows area: Country and Company, one columns field Date and one data field Profit. Profit Date Country Company 2003 2004 ------------------------------------------- Germania 110 170 BMW 50 80 Mercedes 60 90 USA 40 70 Chrysler 30 Ford 10 70 Grand Total 150 240 When I add a calculated item (difference between two Date items) to the PivotTable, it changes the affiliation of Companies to Countries and displays the whole list of Companies under each Country. Why? Profit Date Country Company 2003 2004 Diff -------------------------------...

"Unattainable" savings goals

Saving default tabs

Extract some fields from a Row to a column
Hi! Apreciate your help in advance. This is my problem I have a Database w/ four columns but in my firs column starts row A, Co. Name, RowB Address, Row C Phone #. I Columns # 3 and 4 have their City Name ,State Zip Code respectivibly I'll like to put this rows in columns. Thanks VicV PS From Sunny South Florid -- Vic ----------------------------------------------------------------------- VicV's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1463 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26266 Hi not really sure how your ...

Save to unProtect a Document?

setting a value to a field for all records
I need to create 'Select All' and 'Unselect All' buttons to put true or false in a yes/no field. Anyone have an idea for the easiest way to iterate through all the records? ...

Save csv format to dbf format

Trying to calculate third day from today...
I'm trying to come up with a formula to calculate the third day out from today, excluding weekends and holidays. I'm pretty sure I should use the WORKDAY function, however I only know how to use this function when using a specific date to add three to; not when using a rolling date. Can someone help? -- telewats ------------------------------------------------------------------------ telewats's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30270 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=501177 Hi! You practically already ha...

Return Value from Form
I need to return a value from a form displayed modally. Many years ago, if I used VB classic, I could create a public method that took care of any arguments, displayed the form modally, and then returned appropriate return values. Something like this: Public Function GetValue(Args As Integer m_Args = Args m_Result = DefaultResult Show vbModal GetValue = m_Result End Function However, it appears Access VBA doesn't support this. For one thing, there's no Show method (and so it certainly can't have a modal argument). I like this approach because ...

Daylight Savings Time #2

add number of duplicate fields in a row or column and have total
I have a log of jobs done on a photocopier, and need to bill people for what they have used. the log is very long and have the user name and the number of colour and number of Black and White copies they have done. I need to know how much colour and how much black and white jobs have been done by each user. hope someone know a way thanks or am I better to use Access ? J =SUMPRODUCT(($A$1:$A$20="Bill")*($C$1:$C$20)*ISNUMBER(FIND({"C","B"},$B$1:$B $20))*{3,2}) THe assumptions made People in A1:A20 Type in B1:B20, C for colour, B for B&W Quantity in...

How to get saved old saved work that was saved over?
I typed up some History notes and saved it. I wanted to use the same format from those History notes for some new History notes and I saved over on my old work. How can i retrive my old saved work? My work was in Word not Excel But I could not find a place to ask a question in the Word help section. If you saved over the original file, it is gone forever. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Maral" <Maral@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0ADFEF9-6A46-4589-8923-4BFC07D9C61F@microsoft.com......

Pivot Table % calculation
I am getting a div/o error, when i insert a calculation into a pivot table. How can i leave blank instead of getting the Div/0 error thanks jerry You can hide the errors: Right-click on a cell in the pivot table Choose Table Options Add a check mark to 'For error values, show' Leave the text box empty Click OK jerry wrote: > I am getting a div/o error, when i insert a calculation into a pivot table. > How can i leave blank instead of getting the Div/0 error > > thanks > jerry > > -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contexture...

Workflow wont pass value to a picklist
Hi there, We are using CRM 4.0 and In CASE -> Priority we have 3 values High, Normal and Low Now I have a custom form called Software bug I created a workflow that create software bug when I'm saving the case form Inside the workflow I would like to pass the value from Case -> Priority picklist value into Software bug Priority picklist value (I created same picklist as a CASE) From some reason it pass the value to a textbox but not to a picklist When I select the picklist the CASE attributes become blank no records to choose? Is there a limitation of what you can pass as value...

Automatic save of all messages from a known contact
Hi, I'd like to store automatically all messages from a known CRM Contact. If for example my customers email-address is somebody@somhow.com, I'd like to store automatically all his emails via the Exchange<->CRM Connector regardless to who they are sent to. Is that possible? regards Juergen Tolksdorf Hi Juergen. My company has a product called Effective Email that does exactly what you are asking for. There is a sync event that gets installed on the users inbox. When emails come in, it checks the senders address against the CRM database, and if a match exists, it creates a...