Running 2 reports in a form together

Hi ,
I have 2 seperate reports, one works off a drop down menu where you select a
client and it brings up all the jobs to the selected clients name. The 2nd is
a date report where you enter 2 dates and it brings up all the jobs between
them.
What I want to do is make them now work together, so 1st you select the
client then the dates and it brings up all the jobs for that client between
the dates selected.

The client report uses a "where" command, of client name=clientcombo for
example.

The date is written in code, now is there anywhere I can add a where command
or similar to the date code so that it filters the date results by the client
name on the combo...

The date code is ...

Private Sub OK_Click()
Dim strReport As String     'Name of report to open.
   Dim strField As String      'Name of your date field.
   Dim strWhere As String      'Where condition for OpenReport.
   Const conDateFormat = "\#mm\/dd\/yyyy\#"

   strReport = "DateReport"
   strField = "DateJobReceived"

   If IsNull(Me.txtStartDate) Then
       If Not IsNull(Me.txtEndDate) Then   'End date, but no start.
           strWhere = strField & " <= " & Format(Me.txtEndDate,
conDateFormat)
       End If
   Else
       If IsNull(Me.txtEndDate) Then       'Start date, but no End.
           strWhere = strField & " >= " & Format(Me.txtStartDate,
conDateFormat)
       Else                                'Both start and end dates.
           strWhere = strField & " Between " & Format(Me.txtStartDate,
conDateFormat) _
               & " And " & Format(Me.txtEndDate, conDateFormat)
       End If
   End If

    Debug.Print strWhere                  'For debugging purposes only.

   DoCmd.OpenReport strReport, acViewPreview, , strWhere
End Sub

Thanks to anyone who helps :o)

evilcowstare

building OpenReport Where parameter
---

here is an example that tests criteria and builds a filter string to use
as a parameter in OpenReport

assuming you are in the code behind the ReportMenu form...

'~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    'tell Access you are going to create a variable to hold text
    dim mFilter as string

    'initialize the variable
    mFilter = ""

    'substitute YOUR controlname in here after "Me."
    'we are testing to see if it is filled out
    'if it is, we are going to make mFilter hold the criteria
    If not IsNull(me.text_controlname ) Then
       mfilter = "[TextFieldname]= '" & me.text_controlname  & "'"
    end if

    'test the next control
    If not IsNull(me.date_controlname ) Then
        'if we alread have criteria, add AND to specify that and more
       if mfilter  <> "" then mFilter = mFilter & " AND "
       mFilter = mFilter & "[DateFieldname]= #" _
          & me.date_controlname  & "#"
    end if

    'test the next control
    If not IsNull(me.numeric_controlname ) Then
        'if we alread have criteria, add AND to specify that and more
       if mfilter  <> "" then mFilter = mFilter & " AND "
       mfilter = mfilter  &  "[NumericFieldname]= " _
         & me.numeric_controlname
    end if

    '----------------------- listbox
    dim varItem as Variant _
       , mListWhere as string
    mListWhere = ""

    For Each varItem In me.listbox_controlname.ItemsSelected

      'delete the line that doesn't apply

      'for text
      mListWhere = mListWhere & "'" _
        &  me.listbox_controlname.ItemData(varItem) & "', "

      'for numbers
      mListWhere = mListWhere _
        & me.listbox_controlname.ItemData(varItem) & ", "

    Next varItem

    if len(mListWhere) > 0 then
      mListWhere = "[Field_Name] IN (" & mListWhere

     'remove comma and space from the end and add a parenthesis
      mListWhere = left(mListWhere,len(mListWhere)-2)) & ")"

     'if we alread have criteria, add AND to specify that and more
     if mfilter  <> "" then mFilter = mFilter & " AND "

     mfilter = mfilter  &  mListWhere
    end if
    '-----------------------

    DoCmd.OpenReport "ReportName", acViewPreview, , mfilter

'~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have used
TextFieldname to show how text needs to be delimited - with single quote
marks (you can also use double quote marks

DateFieldname to show that dates need to be delimited with #

NumericFieldname to show that numbers are not delimited

for listbox criteria, a loop is done through the selected items and the
criteria is listed and seperated by commas

'~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
each time, we are testing to see if a filter control is filled out.
If it is, we are going to see if we first need to add AND (if the filter
string already says something)
Then we are going to add the criteria for that filter
the first condition tested, obviously, does not have anything in the
filter string yet <smile>

make sure that the referenced fields are in the underlying recordset for
the report.
Since a filter is applied on the recordset, they do not have to be on
the report object (unlike a form)

For a Date Range, you would do:

'~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    If not IsNull(me.date1_controlname ) Then
       mFilter = mFilter & "[DateFieldname]>= #" _
          & me.date1_controlname & "#"
    end if

    If not IsNull(me.date2_controlname ) Then
        'if we alread have criteria, add AND to specify that and more
       if mfilter  <> "" then mFilter = mFilter & " AND "
       mFilter = mFilter & "[DateFieldname] <= #" _
         & me.date2_controlname & "#"
    end if
'~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you are not using the American Date Format, then you will need to do
something like this:

Format(me.date_controlname, "\#m\/d\/yyyy\#")
instead of
"#" & me.date_controlname & "#"

hopefully, you can adapt this logic to your question -- if not, we can
help you further

Warm Regards,
Crystal
  *
      (:  have an awesome day  :)
   *
MVP Access
Remote Programming and Training
strive4peace2006 at yahoo.com
   *

evilcowstare via AccessMonster.com wrote:
> Hi ,
> I have 2 seperate reports, one works off a drop down menu where you select a
> client and it brings up all the jobs to the selected clients name. The 2nd is
> a date report where you enter 2 dates and it brings up all the jobs between
> them.
> What I want to do is make them now work together, so 1st you select the
> client then the dates and it brings up all the jobs for that client between
> the dates selected.
>
> The client report uses a "where" command, of client name=clientcombo for
> example.
>
> The date is written in code, now is there anywhere I can add a where command
> or similar to the date code so that it filters the date results by the client
> name on the combo...
>
> The date code is ...
>
> Private Sub OK_Click()
> Dim strReport As String     'Name of report to open.
>    Dim strField As String      'Name of your date field.
>    Dim strWhere As String      'Where condition for OpenReport.
>    Const conDateFormat = "\#mm\/dd\/yyyy\#"
>
>    strReport = "DateReport"
>    strField = "DateJobReceived"
>
>    If IsNull(Me.txtStartDate) Then
>        If Not IsNull(Me.txtEndDate) Then   'End date, but no start.
>            strWhere = strField & " <= " & Format(Me.txtEndDate,
> conDateFormat)
>        End If
>    Else
>        If IsNull(Me.txtEndDate) Then       'Start date, but no End.
>            strWhere = strField & " >= " & Format(Me.txtStartDate,
> conDateFormat)
>        Else                                'Both start and end dates.
>            strWhere = strField & " Between " & Format(Me.txtStartDate,
> conDateFormat) _
>                & " And " & Format(Me.txtEndDate, conDateFormat)
>        End If
>    End If
>
>     Debug.Print strWhere                  'For debugging purposes only.
>
>    DoCmd.OpenReport strReport, acViewPreview, , strWhere
> End Sub
>
> Thanks to anyone who helps :o)

0
strive4peace
3/12/2007 4:13:46 AM
Hi Crystal, thanks very much for replying. To be honest I feel I am totally
over my head on this one, Im a bit of a novice when it comes to code, even
the date code i showed in my thread was written for me so Im really
struggling at the moment to apply all the code you put and know what to do
with it, maybe if I give you all my details you could apply them for me?
Sorry I know its a bit much I really need this function to work I just feel
this is quite a few steps abovre where I am at the moment.

Form where the report is run from is called "clientanddate"
It contains 1 drop-down box for the clients name, this is collected from a
query called "Clients Query"
the drop-down is called "clientdatecombo"
I also have 2 text boxes for the date, one for the from date and one for the
too date.
these are named..
txtStartDate and txtEndDate
next to them is an OK button which at the moment just runs the report based
on the dates entered, it does this with this code....

[...]

What I need it to do is also filter in the date report using the clients name
only from "clientdatecombo" so it brings up all the jobs between the dates
for that client.

Im really sorry if I am being really stupid on this and I know I should just
learn it and I am trying it is just really difficult if you miss a big chunk
out the middle.

Thank You for any help you or anyone else can give, I really REALLY!
appreciate it !!!

strive4peace wrote:
> [...]
>    end if
>'~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
>If you are not using the American Date Format, then you will need to do
>something like this:
>
>Format(me.date_controlname, "\#m\/d\/yyyy\#")
>instead of
>"#" & me.date_controlname & "#"
>
>hopefully, you can adapt this logic to your question -- if not, we can
>help you further
>
>Warm Regards,
>Crystal
>  *
>      (:  have an awesome day  :)
>   *
>MVP Access
>Remote Programming and Training
>strive4peace2006 at yahoo.com
>   *
>
>> Hi ,
>> I have 2 seperate reports, one works off a drop down menu where you select a

evilcowstare
3/13/2007 4:33:32 PM
Hi (what is your name),

In order to explain things to you, you need to get some basics under
your belt.  To help you understand Access a bit better, send me an email
and request my 30-page Word document on Access Basics (for Programming)
-- it doesn't cover VBA, but prepares you for it because it covers
essentials in Access.   I do also send out the first 3 chapters of a
book I am writing on VBA to all who request it.

Be sure to put "Access Basics" in the subject line so that I see your
message...

whenever someone gives you code, you need to take the time to understand
each line -- and ask questions if you don't

then, after you read the document, more will make sense -- ask what you
are still confused about.

Warm Regards,
Crystal
  *
      (:  have an awesome day  :)
   *
strive4peace2006 at yahoo.com
   *

> [...]
>>    end if
>> '~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>
>> If you are not using the American Date Format, then you will need to do
>> something like this:
>>
>> Format(me.date_controlname, "\#m\/d\/yyyy\#")
>> instead of
>> "#" & me.date_controlname & "#"
>>
>> hopefully, you can adapt this logic to your question -- if not, we can
>> help you further
>>
>> Warm Regards,
>> Crystal
>>  *
>>      (:  have an awesome day  :)
>>   *
>> MVP Access
>> Remote Programming and Training
>> strive4peace2006 at yahoo.com
>>   *
>>
>>> Hi ,
>>> I have 2 seperate reports, one works off a drop down menu where you select a

0
strive4peace

2 same ways of protecting Excel file
In Excel 2007 we can protect workbook using 2 ways: 1. Office button > Save as, choose file format, and then Tools, General options. 2. Office button > Prepare > Encrypt document Does anybody know is there difference between these 2 ways Thanks ...

best use for x,z and zz report
now we are using z report for end of day and zz report for end of month (x report just to get hard copy of inday sales) is thier a better or more usefull way to use this three reports? best reqards Hi Bacha11....you describe what most RMS users (I believe) do with the X, Z and ZZ reports - if you have multiple shifts (example a morning shift and a afternoon shift) on your registers you could use the X and Z reports for shift reporting and the ZZ for end of day (it will include both Z reports from both shifts) - other than that I think you're good to go.... "BACHA11" wrote:...

new #2
http://clixncash.com/ptp2.php?p=r&ref=price ...

Help Need for Sales Comparison Report
I have a table of daily sales figures. Fields are: WE (Numberic for Week Number) Date (Date) CashSales (Currency) ChargeSales (Currency) Credits (Currency) What I need to be able to do is produce a report that shows a comparison of all sales by Week Number from 2007 vs current 2008 year, grouped by Week Numbers. Example: W/E 1 Date Cash Sales Charge Sales Credits Date Cash Sales Charge Sales Credit 1-1-07 $100.00 $50.00 $0 1-2-08 $110.00 $65.00 $0 1-2-07 $200.0...

List Validation #2
Hello Everybody, I have applied list validations to cell, say C4. The list contains two values : CY & CFS But when I copy & paste special values other than the list (sa WAREHOUSE from cell B4), excel accepts the same. Can anyone help me to restrict the cell updation only as per list. Thnks & Rgds, Rajendra -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi with Data - Validation you can't prevent copy/paste operations. This would require VBA >-----Original Message----- >Hello Everybody, > >I have applied list validations to cell, say C4. > >The lis...

Name Range with using Data Form
I first created a variable with A1:D1, four columns with named variable Data. How to expand this Data range to A1:D2 after using the DataForm to add one row data in the worksheet?? The same, the Data range should be A1:D3 when adding one more data row... million thanks Hi use the following formula in the name definition dialog =OFFSET($A$1:$D$1,0,0,COUNTA($A:$A)) >-----Original Message----- >I first created a variable with A1:D1, four columns with named variable >Data. How to expand this Data range to A1:D2 after using the DataForm to add >one row data in the worksheet?? The...

Detail Tax Collected and Tax Analysis report totals should match
The 'Detail Tax Collected' and 'Tax Analysis' report totals do not match. We know the reasoning is that the 'Tax Analysis' report rounds the totals, which causes the two reports to be off by just a few cents to sometimes a few dollars. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click &...

Change Mail Recipient #2
In my Office 2003 Picture Manager, when I right click a picture to send to mail or go to File, Send To recipient it goes to Outlook. I wish it to change it to Outlook Express. I have gone to IE, Tools, Options, Programs, and E-mail and changed the default to Outlook Express. My Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint does not go to Outlook they go to Express, it only goes to Outlook in Picture Manager. ...

Form auto-fill linking
Hi, I am very new to Access (2003) and don't have any familiarity with coding. I am trying to develop a form for entering chart information for a large number of patients. Each patient has a unique record number associated with him/her ("Patient Information" table), and one to several visits. Each visit of each patient has its own chart ID number ("Patient Visits" table), which in turn is associated with the chart information for that particular visit ("Chart Information" table). I would like to be able to enter the record number of a patient into a form and...

Confusion with bound/unbound fields on forms
Hello, I am trying to develop a data entry form which will insert data into several tables. When I bind each object (text fields and combo boxes) to the respective tables & columns, I cannot enter data in the various objects. When the form loads, "#NAME?" appears in the text boxes. So, in order to enter data, I must leave them unbound. Can anyone explain what is happening here, why, and how I can correct it? Also, when all the data on my field is entered in the text boxes, and values selected from the combo boxes, I need to execute the queries to save the data to the ...

Freezing Cells #2
Here's the problem, I like the idea about being able to freeze the the panes of a worksheet. However I would like to freeze certain cells, for example I want to just freeze I1 through I10. The freeze panes option grabs A1 through I10 which is not what I want. Any ideas on how I could get around this? Scott Scott, You can't freeze only part of a row or column. Freeze works only on entire rows and/or columns. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Illusvfyre" <sboisvert@cox.net> wrote in message news:C...

Pivot table field dropdown list reset #2
I would like to know if there is a way to reset a field dropdown list in a pivot table. In some field sometimes I delete data from the source and some items of the field will no longer be there. However, when I refresh the pivot table the dropdown list will still show the old items even if they're not in the source data anymore. I really need your help with this. Thanks a lot in advance for your help, Francisco Molina ...

Longines Evidenza Chronograph Mens Watch L2.643.8.73.2
Longines Evidenza Chronograph Mens Watch L2.643.8.73.2 Discount Watches Site : http://www.watchespurchase.com/ Longines Evidenza Chronograph Mens Watch L2.643.8.73.2 Link : http://www.watchespurchase.com/Longines-3997.html Longines Evidenza Chronograph Mens Watch L2.643.8.73.2 Information : Brand : Longines Watches ( http://www.watchespurchase.com/Longines.html ) Gender : Mens Code : L2.643.8.73.2 Item Variations : L26438732 Movement : Automatic Bezel : Fixed Case Material : 18k rose Gold Case Diameter : Dial Color : Silver...

Standard Alloc of 2-D Array
I have a very simple piece of code that initializes a 2D int array: unsigned int** arr_int = new unsigned int*[sp1 + 1]; for(int i = 0; i < sp1; ++i) { arr_int[i] = new unsigned int[sp2 + 1]; for(int j = 0; j < sp2; ++j) { arr_int[i][j] = -1; } } The values of sp1 = 35000 and sp2 = 35000. I am getting a CMemoryException thrown at different values of i ranging from 1420 to 14030. Why is this happening? Is it not possible to allocate a 35000 x 35000 int array. I have a machine with 1GB RAM and decent processing power. Lots of space on disk and no virtual mem problems. T...

Form Name as Variable
Hi, I have the following subroutine: Public Sub SetMeterBasic(p As Single) ' This subprocedure is used to update the progress meter bar With Forms![FormA] .shpMeterBar.Width = p * .lblMeter.Width .lblMeter.Caption = Format(p, "##%") .Repaint End With End Sub FormA is a form from which I called the main subroutine of the program which then later called this procedure. Is there a way I can pass a form name to Sub SetMeter e.g. so its first line is Public Sub SetMeterBasic(p As Single, FormName as String) where the variable FormName can function as &...

2 access97
1) What is the Max stable size for an Access 2000 Database? My 750 MB A97 Database Converts to an 829 MB A2K database ...at what size will it become unreliable? 2) I say above that it converts but I'm not too sure... every time I attempt to convert it I get an "Out of System Resources" or "Out of Disk Space" message, which is odd as i have run it on machines with 256 and 512 MB RAM and at least 8 GB of free hard drive space. every time the file is the same size and appears to be complete.. I've been using the files for testing and they seem to work fine... but...

Changing a forms properties under program control
I have a form caled "frm _Main" and that form has a Sub Form called "frm_Sub_Address" embeded in it. I am wanting to make the "frm_Sub_Address" get its information from two different Tables depending on what info the user wants. The two Tables are called "tbl_Stores" and "tbl_Suppliers". I know that you will raise the question, why do I have 2 tables containing Adddress info but putting that pointy to one side for the moment, my code is as follows, depending on what info the user wants :- iF user wants this info For...

Macro Issue
My VBA skills are limited to using recorded macros, not writing them- so when something won't execute... well, I'm lost. I painstakingly recorded my actions importing 38 small text files, including a clear contents command so that the workbook can be re-used. I have done this successfully in the past. The macro worked after creation once, but not after a save/close workbook. It now stalls at ' .Refresh BackgroundQuery:=False' of the first import as displayed below, with 'run time error 1004 - Application Defined or object - defined error Sub DataImport() ' &...

2 column subreport problem
I have a report with a single column. I have a sub-report in the detail section of this report. The sub-report has two columns. Only one column prints in the sub-report. TIA for your help. Never mind....I got it. Gettin' old ain't for sissies! "R Fourt" wrote: > I have a report with a single column. > I have a sub-report in the detail section of this report. The sub-report has > two columns. > Only one column prints in the sub-report. > TIA for your help. ...

SQL report as dashboard to filter for Current user cannot user CRMAF_ #2
First off I cannot use the default filters because the report is being generated for a dashboard and not a CRM Report, however it is being created via an SRS Report. I simply need a way to filter the report for the current user only, I found this query which gives the system user but this will not match up to the Account owner because of its format. select fullname from FilteredSystemUser where domainname = SUSER_SNAME() Gives: CRM Admin I need, Admin, CRM ...

MTA Service #2
We run Exchange 2003 on a Windows 2003 server. As far as I am aware the MTA Stack service on 2003 is not required. This is just a throwback to 5.5. We do not have the Exchange MTA Stacks service running because of this but I keep getting event id 2000's. Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeIS Mailbox Store Event Category: MTA Connections Event ID: 2000 Date: 28/10/2005 Time: 10:16:29 User: N/A Computer: BCMAIL01 Description: Verify that the Microsoft Exchange MTA service has started. Consecutive ma-open calls are failing with error 3051. For more information, click http:/...

simple problem, i think... with running totals
At work we have a competition and we keep up with a set of points we get each day. I want to create a worksheet that looks like this: Name | + | - | Total Points I want to be able to simply enter 3(or any number) in the Plus column have it add to the total points, keep that running total, and clear the 3 that i put in there so it will be ready for tomorrow. The same goes for the minus, I want to be able to deduct these points from the Total Points, then clear the number i entered in the minus field, saving the running total... I'm fairly good with the basics of excel, but i couldn&#...

Nesting Reports
Hi Is there any way of adding folders to the memorized reports list so as to make them more organised and easier to find. Alternatively, can they be nested as in Reports>Sales>Summary Sales (Daily) ..... Many Thanks Coonawarra Coonawarra, No, additional folders can't be used, but, just use the naming conventions as RMS does (look at the reports dropdown, Customer, Sales, Items, Quotes/Orders, etc). We have starting doing this with our Custom reports too. Save the memorized report as Sales - Detailed Sales for Coonawarra or Items - Count Sheet for Coonawarra Then afte...

Tracking users who open my workbook
Sorry ... continuation of my previous e-mail. The hidden worksheet or separate workbook to be set up for example ... so username is in column A, date column B and time in column C. Fred Flintstone hu kiteb: > Sorry ... continuation of my previous e-mail. > > The hidden worksheet or separate workbook to be set up for example > ... so username is in column A, date column B and time in column C. What's to stop someone from copying the file and viewing it locally, or viewing it without making changes? It is quite easy for a given user to see the contents without forcing a sav...

Question #2
Hello! I'm new to the group and I'm working on an excel sheet. What I'm trying to do is, in a column have a number ex. 36 repeat that number 72 times and on the 73 row increase the number 36 by 1 (to 37). I need to do it about 730 times. I don't know where to start. I've tried to do an auto fill but it's increments by a decimal. The sheet should look like this. Column A 36 36 36 36 36 (72 times) 37 37 37 (72 times) Can anyone help? Thanks, Darrell --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ One way, put in row1 =FLOOR(36+(MOD(ROW(1:1)/73,72)),1)...