Restrictions on Tables

Is it possible to do a lot of restrictions in MS Access tables? If it
is, where can i do these restrictions?

0
emerlita

On Apr 10, 10:06 am, KARL DEWEY <KARLDE...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> Yes.
>
> What kind of restrictions would you want to do?
>
> If you tell what you want to do then maybe someone can answer the question.
>
> --
> KARL DEWEY
> Build a little - Test a little
>

> "emerl...@shaw.ca" wrote:
> > Is it possible to do a lot of restrictions in MS Access tables? If it
> > is, where can i do these restrictions?- Hide quoted text -

I have a table called " ICSC Code" with fields IPAddress, Slot
Type(DXM,IPM4, etc), etc..
I want to restrict the IPAddress field unless SlotType = IPM4. If it
is DXM, it should not be allowed to fill it out.

0
emerlita
4/11/2007 5:42:29 PM
On Apr 11, 1:08 pm, KARL DEWEY <KARLDE...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> The actions you describe need to be applied to your data entry form.   Test
> on data entry of the IPAddress field  to see if SlotType field contains
> "IPM4" then allow entry.  Have it display a message that only "IPM4" is
> allowed to enter an IPAddress.
> --
> KARL DEWEY
> Build a little - Test a little
>

> "emerl...@shaw.ca" wrote:
> > On Apr 10, 10:06 am, KARL DEWEY <KARLDE...@discussions.microsoft.com>
> > wrote:
> > > Yes.
>
> > > What kind of restrictions would you want to do?
>
> > > If you tell what you want to do then maybe someone can answer the question.
>
> > > --
> > > KARL DEWEY
> > > Build a little - Test a little

> > I have a table called " ICSC Code" with fields IPAddress, Slot
> > Type(DXM,IPM4, etc), etc..
> > I want to restrict the IPAddress field unless SlotType = IPM4. If it
> > is DXM, it should not be allowed to fill it out.- Hide quoted text -

i think that's going to work. thanks a lot :)

0
emerlita

Utility to change location of linked tables?
Is there a utility available which will quickly and easily modify the location of linked tables? In other words, the problem I want to solve is to use the same application on different sets of data on the same computer. I don't want to move the tables around. I want to look at the same tables names but in different folders on my computer, depending on what the user chooses. e.g., You can choose Class 1 or Class 2 or Class 3, and the application would look at c:\Class1\Students.mdb or c:\Class2\Students.mdb or c:\class3\Students.mdb SORRY! Accidentally posted to the wrong n...

pivot table help #8
Hi, I have a pivot table with following fields: Product, Party, Qty, Rate, Amt Product, Party are row fields, Qty, Rate, Amt are Data fields Everything works fine in the pivot table, and Qty, Rate and Amt have their own subtotal rows. I just want the Rate to have a weighted average. Lets say Hydrochloric Acid (Product) - Party1 - Qty:4 - Rate:100 - Amt:400 - Party2 - Qty:8 - Rate:90 - Amt:720 The subtotals for this row appear as: Subtotal: Qty:12 - Rate:190 - Amt:1120 Qty:12 is correct because qty is 4 and 8 bottles that is 12 Amt:1120 is correct because 400+720 = 1120 But Rate sub...

What Does the Box in my Table Mean?
I hate to be stupid, but there's something I don't really understand about tables in Word 2007. I have a 16-page table in a document. On every page, somewhere toward the middle of the page, there's a little blue box with a four-way arrow in it. If I click the box, it selects the table. Is that all it does, or is there some underlying function to that box? I haven't noticed this box in other multi-page tables before, but maybe I just haven't looked. Thanks for satisfying my curiosity. It's the "table handle." If you drag it, you can move t...

Split Table to multiple tables
Dear all, I wanted to write a module to split a rather large table into multiple smaller tables. i.e. source table has 200.000 records, and I want to split it into tables by blocks of i.e. 10.000 records. The splitting is fairly simple: first 10.000 recs -> Table1, next 10.000 recs -> Table2, .... No particular order... If coded a module that uses a recordset object and then cycles record by record, counting them and copying them in a new table until it reaches the max. number of records, but this is really slow ! So I wondered if there was an other method which is perhaps more ...

find specific titles in a table
Hi, I am looking for a certain text in a particular spread sheet,what function/code can I use and how can I store the position Thanks Hi, why not give us a little more detail: is the text going to appear more than once. Are you searching for a particular item of text or will there be many items. Do you want its position in R1C1 notation, as an offset from a specific location, in A1 style and with its value. And is the text imbedded in a longer string? suppose the range is B1:G100 and you are looking for the word Apple by itself in one single cell, then you can use the following arr...

linked tables
I have a fixed database comprising circa 30,000 records - all unique service record numbers. I am importing 2 linked tables which have multiple records against the same serivice record number. My problem is that I only want them to link on a one to one basis. As there appears to be very little you can do to alter linked table parameters I'm stumped.... Help please - On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 08:20:02 -0800, POLARBILLY <POLARBILLY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a fixed database comprising circa 30,000 records - all unique service >record numbers. I am import...

Restricting Input
Ok, I'm on a roll here. Could someone please tell me how to set up a cell restriction that will only allow data input if another cell is "empty" or has a certain value? Kind of like an IF function, only when "true" exists, I can input any value, and when "false" exists, I must leave it blank. Thanks in advance. Randy, you can accomplish this using data validation. Select: data-validation, then input your restriction. Randy Vieira wrote: > Ok, I'm on a roll here. Could someone please tell me how to set up a cell > restriction that will ...

Converting A Word Table To Excel
Hello to all - Is it possible to convert a table created in Word to an Excel spreadsheet? If so, please advise. I have a form that I created in Word that I would like to convert into an Excel Spreadsheet Thank you. In Word, select the table and copy it In Excel, select a cell and paste. Be aware that you will need to perform some modest re-formatting -- Gary's Student "The Inquirer" wrote: > > Hello to all - > > Is it possible to convert a table created in Word to an Excel spreadsheet? > If so, please advise. > I have a form that I created in Word t...

Pivot tables #13
I temporarily saved my Excel97 file as another name (in csv not xls format)and the Pivot tables (in another file) are now looking to the 'temporary' file name. Is there any way of persuading the Pivot tables to look at the correct file? Edit Links doesn't seem to want to work. This would save having to re-make the Pivot tables Regards. Bill Ridgeway Untested: Copy your xls file to a nice safe location--just in case! Open your data xls file. Do File|SaveAs, choose .csv and save it to the same location that the pivottable ..xls file is pointing to. Keep the .csv file open...

How to add a row to a table with totals?
I have a shreadsheet that is made up of sub-tables comprising 3-6 rows with a header and a totals line. For example: Row Date Units Minutes U/M Comments 5 1/12/07 50 25 2.0 xxx 6 1/13/07 100 40 2.5 xxx 7 Totals 150 65 2.3 xxx How can I insert a row between the last data row (6) and the totals row (7) in such a way that (a) all the forumlas in the inserted row acquire the attributes of the row above it and (b) the sum formulas in the total row are updated to include the new row? If I select row 5, then drag the top border to between rows 5 &am...

Restrict calendar?
We are currently looking at moving to Exchange 2003 this year. Our employers are holding off on the purchase due to the fact that there is no way to restrict certain users from even being able to see "Free/Busy" on their calendars. They want it so that a whole Active Directory OU can be set to not have any calendar access to another OU's calendar. Does anyone know if this is possible? This is huge for us so a great big Thank You in advance to those who might have suggestion. sgsundqu wrote: > We are currently looking at moving to Exchange 2003 this year. Our > employe...

Pricing restriction to price lists
Most of our customers do no wish to load all products to MS CRM. Therefore the system restriction to use price lists is too inflexible. In case of opportunities it is even not possible to enter manual prices on product level. ...

Restrictions
All of a sudden I am no longer able to click on hyperlinks embedded within email and get an error message "THIS OPERATION HAS BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO RESTRICTION IN EFFECT ON THIS COMPUTER. PLEASE CONTACT YOUR SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR." I haven't knowingly changed anything but some other program may have. How do I get back to normal? See if the articles at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=3D310049 and http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=3D307818 help with this.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrator...

Restrict DB Access
Is there a way in GP7.5 to restrict a user to only see a single SQL Database/Server when they login to GP? Thanks It's unclear exactly what you want to do. In GP, you can restrict access by user to the company databases via the User Access window. When you set up the ODBC DSN, you are determing which database server the user can access through GP. Additionally, if you happen to have multiple servers, the best way to handle it is to have different user accounts. -- Charles Allen, MVP "JDR" wrote: > Is there a way in GP7.5 to restrict a user to only see a si...

Visual C++ and FoxPro tables, help.
Hello everybody. I'am working in MFC app and it must read and write data to/from a Visual FoxPro tables, I have no experience with Visual ForPro tables but I have with MS SQL Server, Access and FireBird, somebody knows where can I found information about Visual C++ and Visual FoxPro tables? Thanks in advance, William GS > Hello everybody. I'am working in MFC app and it must read and write data > to/from a Visual FoxPro tables, I have no experience with Visual ForPro > tables but I have with MS SQL Server, Access and FireBird, somebody knows > where can I found informat...

Combo Box on Form does not save correctly to table
I got a combo box on my form. The combo box lists our suppliers. When I save the form and check the table to ensure the info was stored properly, it shows the Supplier ID in the column instead of the name. I have deleted and rerun this combo box a dozen times and can not fiqure out where my error is. I have another form that I created with the combo box listing the suppliers using the same table. That second form saves the supplier info correctly. I have looked at properties in both forms to see if I see the problem, but I do not. Can someone please help me? -- Bandit Assuming...

Concatenate fields from multiple tables
I am attempting to use Duane Hookom’s concatenate function without any success. I’ve read many threads, relating to Duane’s function, yet none seem to fit my situation. I am working with multiple tables, with a M:M ‘Joining’ table in the middle Here is an abridged description of my tables and data for illustrative purposes: tbl_Investigator InvestigatorID 1 2 3 FirstName Bob Tim Ted LastName Smith Johnson May tbl_Join JoinID 1 2 3 InvestigatorID 1 2 3 ProjectID 3 3 3 InvestigatorRoleID 1 3 3 tbl_Project ProjectID ...

Table/List Control
Hi, I have a dialog application that needs to present output in a similar format as an excel spreadsheet, i.e Tabular. I was wondering which MFC contol(s) would allow me to do this and also how to add a button that would print out the dialog that contained the control. Is it possible to manipulate a list control within a dialog to do this? Any suggesstions would be welcome, Regards Macca Depending on how functionality you need, It might be harder to do it with a listctrl. Take a look at the MSFlex grid control. Here is an exmple of how to insert it into your project http://www.codegu...

How do I set decimal formats in Access pivot tables
The Access Pivot Table I want simply put is stores across the top, items down the side and cost in the middle. All cost values are less than a dollar. The Currency format showing 3 decimal places works fine in the table, other form views and Excel data dump...just not in the Access pivot table. (The sum in the pivot table does show the three decimal values) Currently I get the Cost three decimal places showing zeros. Hey - where's the help here?? I did find a solution from my fantastically clever friend...in the query for the pivot table form, Cost: CDbl(Table1.Cost) fixed the pr...

How to reach through subform to underlying table?
With VBA I've learned to pull data from fields on my subform like this: sbfVendorDetail.Form.[Start Date]. However, fields such as the ID may not be on the subform since the user doesn't need to see it and it would take up space. Is there a way to read the ID field of the current record of the subform without putting the field on the form? "WDSnews" <wdsnews.0640@oregoncity.com> wrote in message news:eQAVmQ$5KHA.980@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > With VBA I've learned to pull data from fields on my subform like this: > sbfVendorDetail.Form.[Sta...

Table design help!
I'm a bit of an access novice (training on basics, searching for help on the rest) building a database for a research project. I've tried having a wee look for this question but I can't spot it anywhere (probably because it's obvious to everyone else). I'm designing my tables and what to put in them and I've hit on something I'm not very sure about. For some questions there's a yes or no question (e.g. "do you eat cheese?) and a follow up if they say yes, theres an "if yes, which of these types..." follow up question. I'm not su...

Restricting no. of recipients
Hello, We are using Exchange 5.5 server now and for some reason, we need to restrict the number of recipients that an user can send at once. I tried to find at most of configuration dialogs, but could not find it. Is it possible to enable this function in Exchange 5.5? Or is there a 3rd party tool regarding this? Appreciate it if you can find it or help me. Thanks. Richard You can set this, but it is for the maximum number of recipients in the message before distribution list expansion, so a distribution list counts as one recipient. It is much more accurate in Exchange 2000/2003....

forms with data from multiple tables
Hi, I am trying to build two tables containing information about fish that we have collected: tbl Fish: FishPK (one for each individual fish; autonumber) CollectionPK (links to tbl Collection which contains information about where and when we collected the fish) FishName FishAge FishSex FishLength tbl FishAnalysis: FishPK Analysis1 Analysis2 Analysis3 Analysis4 The chemical analyses are only performed on a subset of the entire fish collection. I am pretty happy with this design, but am open to suggestions! In particular, I want to know if this design allows me...

Consolidated pivot tables
Hi I have a workbook, with 2 worksheets that have the same headings in row 1. They are then populated with information. I want to create a pivot table that will treat both the worksheets data as one list. I though thats what option 3 in the pivot table wizard "Multiple consolidation ranges" was. But when I get to the actual design part (step 3), the only fields on the right are row, column, value and page 1. None of the headings appear, as they would if I was basing the table on one worksheet Am I doing something wrong Thanks :-> You can create a PivotTable from multiple consol...

restricting the drop lines to only a single series
I have mutiple-series charts, but would like restric the drop lines only to only one (ususlly the first) plotted data series. However, the drop line option seems to apply to ALL data series and creates an unreadable mess. Is there a way to see only what I want, i.e. the drop lines for a selected series only? z.entropic Hi Z, > I have mutiple-series charts, but would like restric the drop lines only to > only one (ususlly the first) plotted data series. However, the drop line > option seems to apply to ALL data series and creates an unreadable mess. > > Is there a way...