Resize Forms in Access 2007

I thought I read somewhere that Access 2007 had a new function, or
something, enabling you to have forms automatically resize to fit the screen
resolution of the user. Is this correct, or am I wrong? If I am correct, how
do you use this feature?
Thanks,
BobV

0
BobV

On Aug 9, 8:41 am, "BobV" <rk...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> I thought I read somewhere that Access 2007 had a new function, or
> something, enabling you to have forms automatically resize to fit the screen
> resolution of the user. Is this correct, or am I wrong? If I am correct, how
> do you use this feature?
> Thanks,
> BobV

Hi,

You can use from right-click form menu Anchoring > Stretch Down and
Accross and work with form as maximized.

Regards,
Branislav Mihaljev

0
banem2
8/9/2007 9:18:50 AM
I can't find Anchoring anywhere when I right-click on the form. I am
assuming that I am supposed to do this in design view. Can you give me more
information please?

Thanks,
BobV

<banem2@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Aug 9, 8:41 am, "BobV" <rk...@earthlink.net> wrote:
>> I thought I read somewhere that Access 2007 had a new function, or
>> something, enabling you to have forms automatically resize to fit the
>> screen
>> resolution of the user. Is this correct, or am I wrong? If I am correct,
>> how
>> do you use this feature?
>> Thanks,
>> BobV
>
> Hi,
>
> You can use from right-click form menu Anchoring > Stretch Down and
> Accross and work with form as maximized.
>
> Regards,
> Branislav Mihaljev

0
BobV

CRM Live
I haven't any reference to if or how CRM Live would accomodate SQL Reporting Services. Any ideas? Hi Don, we've been part of the Titan TAP, but I can't recall anything specific about CRM Live and SRS reports. CRM 3.0 reports will need to be upgraded to CRM 4.0 reports because of the significant changes between report formats to handle the new reporting connector (no more double-Kerberos hops to SRS), and other changes. I'm sure you'll be able to develop SRS reports in Visual Studio and upload them to CRM Live or use the Report Builder tool to develop basic reports ...

prevent save when closing a form
Hi, access 2003: I make a form on the fly with the createForm function. when the user closes the application I do not want this form to be saved. Is there a way to prevent the save form dialog for unsaved forms when closing the application? regards Rob "R.Warning" <RWarning@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F558744A-4217-4D7C-9DCF-CA77A4DC686D@microsoft.com... > Hi, > access 2003: > I make a form on the fly with the createForm function. > when the user closes the application I do not want this form to be saved. > Is there a way to prevent the...

problem with resizing
Hi! I'm writing a MDI application. Child window is splitted in three panes. In the one pane I've got a FormView with some buttons. How to do, that this FormView was in the center of a pane (even during resizing )? And the second problem, how to do, that during resizing, splitters dividing window were always in the same places? Please, help me. I would be appreciate. bart ...

Count number of checked boxes on a form
I would like to add a textbox (txtCheckedForms) that shows the number of checkbox fields are checked on a form. Is there a simple way of doing this? The only thing I've come up with so far is something like this... If chkField1 = True then varCheckedForms = varCheckedForms + 1 if chkField2 = True then varCheckedForms = varCheckedForms + 1 .... ifchkField50 = True then varCheckedForms = varCheckedForms + 1 txtCheckedForms = varCheckedForms The problem is, I have about 50 checkbox fields on my form. That would take a long time and a lot of space! Also, the fields aren't actually ...

Nuance Dragon Naturally Speaking 10 crashes Word 2007
I am having an intermittent error, where if I have a Word document open, and then start Dragon Naturally Speaking, Word will crash. The documents seem to be intact after the crash, but it seems to happen on the same documents after the first crash. Has anyone out there experienced this with Dragon? In many versions of Dragon with many version of Word. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "Cal321" <Cal321@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:72CC7A3A-0118-4986-8DD0-C47C372A859A@microsoft.com... > I am having an intermittent error, where if I have a ...

Opening an Excel Office 2007 File
When an EXCEL file's label/name in a directory is clicked, Excel 2007 ONLY opens. (Window only, no blank sheet.) The clicked file does not open. The only way I have found to open the file is to drag it into Excel's open window. Pls, what SWITCH is incorrectly set? (Of course opening Excel first, then opening a file works fine.) Tks! Wayne Dengel Enable one of the Excel Add-ins. Solver will do the trick, then try double-clicking a file. wgd.roaming@verizon.net wrote: > When an EXCEL file's label/name in a directory is clicked, Excel 2007 > ONLY opens. (Window on...

Access 2007-Update Query
I cannot open an update query to edit it. Help tells me to right click to open, however, nothing happens when I right click! Any suggestions? Is it just a particular update query or all update queries? Are you required to sign in with a user name and password? If so, you may not have permissions for that query. Have you don't a compact and repair? Try doing an Alt + Tab keyboard combination to see if there might be an error message hiding behind Access. Doing a windows button + m migth also show it. If worse comes to worse, delete the query and import it from a recen...

Case senstive in Access MDB?
When I run "select A from B where name='xxx' " in CDaoDatabase, it seems that MDB ignore the case, return all Xxx, XXX, xxx.and XxX How to make it only return 'xxx', case senstive result? yes, sql is case senstive... but you can use the sql function UPPER( ) like: WHERE UPPER(name) = "XXX" "hooway" <lavasoft@lavasoftware.net> schreef in bericht news:ubija0lrvcv0rrut57202rkk2u6058id41@4ax.com... > When I run "select A from B where name='xxx' " in CDaoDatabase, it > seems that MDB ignore > the case, return all...

Manager view/access
Consider a situation where a manager creates an activity(or account) and assigns it to his sub-ordinates, will the manager still be able to view the activity(or account) record after change of ownership? Yes, Provided that your security is setup correctly. The manager is typically assigned to a higher business unit, and through security you can allow him to see the records for all the business units below his business unit - regardless of who the record owner is. "Niths" wrote: > Consider a situation where a manager creates an activity(or account) and > assigns it ...

Form Function
I have been using the Form in Excel for sometime. Today, I have a new problem I have never seen before. When I try to add a new record by using the form function (Data - Form), it has an error message that "Cannot extend list or database". But the speadsheet has only 430 records. I try to add a record at the bottom of the list then use form to delet the record, it works, but when I add a new record, it doesn't work. Could any one please please help. Thank you very much. If you're trying to enter data using Excel's built in Data Form, this error will appear if...

Creating fields with the same name in a Contact form
I have split the contact name in the form to Title, First Name and Last Name. I am trying to do the same for Spouse and therefore there are three duplicated field names. Is there any way of making these fields unique so that by filling in one of them e.g. First Name for the contact, it doesn't automatically populate the First Name for the Spouse (partner)? Sure. Give the custom fields different names. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007. Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options. http://w...

How to find which phone is selected from Phone Seletors in Contact's form?
Hi, Is there any way to find which phone is selected in first "phone" texbox in ContactItem's form? I saw that this textbox is bind to "Phone 1 Selected" property, but i cannot find such property in OMM or CDO? Thanks ...

resizing problems
I am using OpenGL in my MFC app. The problem is when I resize the window from the left or top border the whole scene of my OpenGL moves even before my OnPaint event handler is called and when my OnPaint is called after this it repaints the scene so this produces a flicker. If, however I resize the window from the right or bottom border this problem doen't occur. Can anybody please tell me what is happening? Thank you ...

Excel 2007 #5
Where are the formula icons in Excel 2007, i.e., the plus, minus, etc.. I had them on my 2000 toolbar for quick access. Hi Marie, For my reference, why do you use those rather than just typing? In 2007 choose Office Button, Excel Options, Customize, on the top right pick Commands Not in the Ribbon from the Choose commands from drop down. You will find the buttons you are looking for here. Select a button, click Add>> button. -- Cheers, Shane Devenshire "Marie" wrote: > Where are the formula icons in Excel 2007, i.e., the plus, minus, etc.. I > had them o...

Outlook 2007 Unread Mail
I have several email accounts setup in Outlook 2007 with each one having its own pst file - such that they have their own little tree of Inbox, Sent and other folders instead of one big mess piling into Personal Folders. Question: 1. How do I get the Unread Mail folder in "favorite folders" to recognize unread mail in inboxes other than Personal Folders? 2. How can I setup desktop notification for email coming into non-Personal Folders pst-file accounts? 3. Can I setup notifications for rule filtered email in the "personal folders" email account as well? Thanks 1. Sea...

exporting message folders to MS Access
Outlook provides the option of exporting a mail folder to MS Access. However, whenever I do it, it does not include the date column. For me, in my work, that is very important. No on in my IT section or help desk knows anything about it. If these are compatible programs, and both MS, why do I not get all of the information in the email messages? TIA. Use the import function from within Access instead. You'll have the added benefit that it creates a primairy key as well. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Properly back-up and restore you...

Bitmap resize on same DC
I am a little be confused! I have a custom control with a bitmap inside I create the bitmap with this code ************************************************* CClientDC dc(this) ; if (m_dcGrid.GetSafeHdc() == NULL) { m_dcGrid.CreateCompatibleDC(&dc) ; m_bitmapGrid.CreateCompatibleBitmap(&dc, m_nClientWidth,m_nClientHeight) ; m_pbitmapOldGrid = m_dcGrid.SelectObject(&m_bitmapGrid) ; } ************************************************ and in OnPaint i have: ************************************************ CPaintDC dc(this) ; // device context for painting CDC memDC ; CBit...

Office 2007 Word view issues
After loading Office 2007 sp2 in June 09 (I'm running Vista sp2) the view in all document views are skewed? It's like the margins are cut off in all the views, but when you view it in print view (and printing) it's fine? The problem is we are a non-profit and when we try to send out letters with our logo and letterhead it creates problems trying to align, etc. It also pushes photos and .gif files above the margins? Any ideas, thoughts? It is minor, time consuming and frustrating.. Jeff If you mean only the top and bottom margins and not the sides, you probably...

Automatically close a form
How do I automatically close a form after exiting the last text box on the form? I have a code that calls a function to check the data on the form and if the data is OK I would like to close the form. When the line "DoCmd.Close acForm, "frmProject"" is executed I get the following error code .....This action can't be carried out while processing a form or report event. Thanks for your help Private Sub DURATION_Exit(Cancel As Integer) If IsNull(Me.DURATION) Then Me.DURATION.BackColor = lngYellow Y = Y + 1000000 Else Me.DURATION.BackColor = lngWhite End If CheckIt...

How do I import Yahoo! contacts to Outlook 2007?
I exported my Yahoo! contacts to an Excel CSV file but I can't figure out how to save them to Outlook 2007. File > Import and Export... > Import from another program or file... -- Russ Valentine "Elizabeth" <Elizabeth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B667C974-77D1-4A4E-BE1E-A7A99C22CB46@microsoft.com... >I exported my Yahoo! contacts to an Excel CSV file but I can't figure out >how > to save them to Outlook 2007. ...

Enter data on to a speadsheet using a VBA form #2
Hi, can any help need to be able to enter data onto a worksheet using a VB form. ...

form views in docked bars
Hi, in my single document application I create a form view object as a child of a docked bar object. Anything works fine if the docked bar window is inside the frame window. If I move the docked bar outside the frame it is still ok. After finishing the program and reopen it (the bar position is saved and reloaded) only the bar appears and the form view components like buttons does not appear. Where is the mistake, or it is not possible to use a form view inside a docked bar? thanks, Steffen ...

CStatic derived dialog and auto-resize
Hi, I would like to add auto-resizing feature to my Cstatic derived control. I mean when I load a bitmap I would like to adjust size dynamically. I tried to SendMessage WM_SIZE but it doesn't work. >I would like to add auto-resizing feature to my Cstatic derived control. I >mean when I load a bitmap I would like to adjust size >dynamically. >I tried to SendMessage WM_SIZE but it doesn't work. You can resize a window by using the SetWindowPos or MoveWindow APIs. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq ...

auto resize text without resizing cell in excel
format|cells|alignment tab|check "shrink to fit" Ferd wrote: -- Dave Peterson ...

Drop Down box resizing on open
I'm using Excel 2000 and have created a workbook with lots of drop down boxes which keep resizing when I open up the sheet. I have the drop downs in column B, with linked cells in column A with IF's in column D based on column's A values. I have macro's running in the background autofitting column D (the IF variables can give results which range from 1-10 lines taken from another sheet). The drop down boxes have been positioned in the lower half of the cells so the cell contents can be read. I have made sure that each drop down box has 'move but dont size with cells&...