Rebelious Text Box

I have a text box on a form, that its control source is a memo field.
I have the Verticle scroll bar selected in the properties, but it
still wont become scrollable when the text in the field is more than
the view of the text box.

How do I spank this box into shape (in other words, what am I missing)?

0
magmike

Make sure the internal margins are set to zero.

Unless you are using Access 2007, your version may not handle the scrollbars
correctly if the internal margins are set.

"magmike" <magmike7@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I have a text box on a form, that its control source is a memo field.
> I have the Verticle scroll bar selected in the properties, but it
> still wont become scrollable when the text in the field is more than
> the view of the text box.
>
> How do I spank this box into shape (in other words, what am I missing)?

0
Allen
11/1/2007 2:57:56 PM
On Nov 1, 9:57 am, "Allen Browne" <AllenBro...@SeeSig.Invalid> wrote:
> Make sure the internal margins are set to zero.
>
> Unless you are using Access 2007, your version may not handle the scrollbars
> correctly if the internal margins are set.

> Tips for Access users -http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html
>
> "magmike" <magmi...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> >I have a text box on a form, that its control source is a memo field.
> > I have the Verticle scroll bar selected in the properties, but it
> > still wont become scrollable when the text in the field is more than
> > the view of the text box.
>
> > How do I spank this box into shape (in other words, what am I missing)?- Hide quoted text -

That is exactly the issue. The left margin was set. Thanks.

0
magmike

Null in text box

Re: Using Text Styles

Text in Cell as Formula #2

Logical Test: Text Against Number 01-05-10

No password protect workbook box in Tools>Options>General
As is the case with much of this limited CD that was installed, some important features are missing. I want to password protect any given workbook. When I went to help (since the Tools>Protection didn't work) it told me to go to Tools>Options>General, and click on the box that said to password protect the workbook. As usual, this version has nothing of the sort on the General tab under Options. Now what? Why don't you get a full version if you expect full version capability? I'm at a loss... ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "MS" <...

Rotate text?
Office(publisher) 2K. Is there anyway to rotate a specific word in a sentence? L. Not if it's part of the sentence rather than being a separate text box. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "L." <ofallon12320@yahoo1.com> wrote in message news:%23TBzesS9FHA.2616@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Office(publisher) 2K. > > Is there anyway to rotate a specific word in a sentence? > > L. > > Thanks for the info. L. "JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" <jl_paules@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:U46dnd7PfZ5CTBHenZ2dnUVZ_sidnZ2d@suscom....

Plain text warning/ VS2005
Whenever I add a CRecordset derived class, I get an error telling me the password for the DB is sent in "plain text" and is not secure etc. I comment that line out, but how much of a security risk is this? What can I do with my Access database to avoid this? VC 6.0 never gave this error... tia b If you are on any kind of network that anyone can look at, you are wide open for attack. Example, a University network; potentially, ever student can be running a packet sniffer and see your password. Anything that passes acros the Internet outside your local intranet is also vuln...

Combo Box Prolem
Hi All, I have a combo box that will not let me select the items using my mouse. I can use the Arrow Down Key and then hit TAB to select the item. The only thing that I think may be causing this is the ROW source. I have this change depending on the company location. See Code that fires when the user select the Customer ID. The 3rd line from the bottom sets the ROW source for the item. The combo box is bound to a feild called ITEM. Maybe this should be unbound. Can anyone help? Thanks Private Sub CustID_AfterUpdate() Dim stFilter As String Dim stEmp As String Dim stCoNum A...

shading behind text
I would like to place white text within a box of gray shading. When I use the 'background' function, it shades the entire document. How do I limit the background to a line of text? thanks Ken Depending on your preference I can think of at least 3 ways, but they all may not be available to you... or instructions may vary. It depends on what version of Word you're using & you haven't even indicated whether it's Windows or Mac. Since you posted to the Mac Word group I'll assume you're using a Mac version & further that it is the most current (2008):...

How to get the text of each selection?
Hi, Dear All We can use Ctrl key and mouse to multi-select range in a document, but if somebody could tell me how to get the text of each selection? Cheers! osen Sorry, it is not really possible. See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=288424. The closest you can come is to use Selection.Copy, then open a new blank document and paste. The individual pieces will be separated by paragraph marks, but you can't distinguish between those and any paragraph marks that might have been in the middle of some pieces. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FA...

Dialog box icon
Hi, I would like to know how can i change the default icon of my dialog box ? I don't find anywhere a setting for that. tia, Maileen "Maileen" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:%23$SetP98DHA.1948@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I would like to know how can i change the default icon of my dialog box ? > I don't find anywhere a setting for that. > tia, See if using WM_SETICON or CWnd::SetIcon is the solution. -- Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP] ...

Text Search in for the field of memo does not workd
hello, Here is my VBA, but does not work for text search in my textbox search. Private Sub Txtcari_AfterUpdate() Dim strSQL As String strFilter = "([Nota] LIKE """ & "*" & Me.Txtcari & "*" & """)" Me.Filter = strFilter Me.FilterOn = True CurrentDb.Execute strSQL, dbFailOnError End Sub Thanks in advance for your help. -- H. Frank Situmorang You've declared strSQL, and you attempt to use its content with the Execute method, but you haven't assigned anything to it. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access M...

Further Info on changing text in one cell to to criteria of another.
I have a workbook that charts the progress of my clients. One of m cells automatically determines their age, and when they become olde than six, I need another cell's text to automatically change to "AO (standing for "Aged Out" of my program). I cannot us the functio =IF(A1>6,"AO"," ") because I already have the clients status imputed i that cell. I need it to be a type of conditional formatting or VB cod so that it will automatically change once the reach 6. I have attache an example of my workbook. It has a VB code that changes the row colo based on ...

Cropping text from a number
Hi I am doing a staight comparisions of two numbers in two different cells (a percentage increase) However one of the numbers I am using has an asterisk on the left hand end of the number. Obviously excel cannot calculate the increase given it is not redaing the cell as a number. How can I right a formula so that excell does not read the asterisk rather only the number any help would be appreciated Hi Matt! You could set up an extra column to the right of the offending numbers and use: Data > Text to Columns Or you could set up and extra column and parse the offending numbers ...

Current Year to display in text
Is there a way to get the current year to display in a title if there is other text with it? For example: I have a sheet with the following text in it: 2011 Benefit Time I'm looking for a way have just the year update itself at the change of the new year so when someone opens a blank form in 2012, it will read 2012 Benefit Time Again, the title is all in once cell with it centered. I would rather not place the date in the cell by itself. Is there a way to insert just a date prior to text inside a cell? Or Is there an insert date option like in MS word? Hi Gadgetman, Am Thu, 23 ...

imaged combo box
hi group, combobox to be made imaged . (MFC dialog based application) i mean loading images on combobox for desired look. please help. thanx in adavnce. If you are asking to use images with CComboBox, you can use CComboBoxEx: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/kfs1k0ss(VS.80).aspx ----- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com thanx ajay This discussion may be interesting to you: http://www.codeguru.com/forum/printthread.php?t=254702 Tom "Neel" <urneel@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1143523425.347607.10310@t31g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > hi group, > > c...

Font formatting in Active X Control boxes
I've created a form using Developer Contols Active X Controls, specifically a text box field. I've highlighted the entire document and set the font at Arial 12 pt. Some of the text box fields fill with Arial 12 pt. and some fill with Times New Roman 12 pt. How do I change the formatting so ALL the fields print using the same font and point size? Make sure Word is in Design mode. Right-click an ActiveX control and choose Properties. Set the desired font in the properties window. Note, however, that ActiveX controls aren't very easy to deal with. (For one thing, mac...

How do I wrap text in a text box around another text box
I'm creating a newsletter with columns. I have a horizontal text box with the article title. I want the vertical column at the same height as the top of the horizontal column. Right now the text in the vertical column is going through some of the horizontal box. I want it to wrap. I've tried to selecting "square" for each of the two boxes wrapping style. Nothing changes. How do I get the text to wrap around the horizontal text box? I'm using Publisher 2003 I found a way around this by copying another textbox from the template that was apprently already set ...

Text Box within a Text Box
I am creating a brochure and want to put a testimonial (text box) in within a services text box. I would like the text in the services text box to continue to flow around the testimonial text box. How do I make this work? THANKS, MEG Right-click the services text box, format text box, layout tab, select square or tight. Be certain the testimonial text box is in front. Actually it should flow around automatically. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "MEG" <MEG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

How to get all the texts on all type controls in form?
I want to make the multi-languages program, want to get all texts of each control item in a form, then read the XML file (Control Name and Text) to write to the text of control, and have wrote some codes, but seem that it's complicated. Can anyone tell easy method or sample? thank you. ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// Public Shared Sub AllControlOnForm(ByVal FormName As Form, ByVal xPath As String, Optional ByVal ToolTipName As ToolTip = Nothing) Try Dim ReturnValue As String = GetXMLText(xPat...

Odd Text Box
Hello there, I have what looks like a text box on my Excel spreadsheet. However, I cannot highlight it and therefore cannot delete it. It does not have the normal borders of a text box in fact it looks a bit like a multiline combo box. Has anyone seen this before?? Thank you for your help Judith Maybe it's a Listbox. If it's a listbox from the Control toolbox toolbar, try showing that same toolbar. Then click on the Design mode icon. Then see if you can select the listbox. It could be from the Forms toolbar, too. Unprotect the sheet (if you need to) and see if you can rig...

Multiple combo boxes on a form
I have a form based on two tables. I would like a combo box for a field from each table that will fill in various fields from the relevant table. Does anyone have any suggestions? On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 23:58:37 GMT, "Malt" <u36720@uwe> wrote: >I have a form based on two tables. I would like a combo box for a field from >each table that will fill in various fields from the relevant table. Does >anyone have any suggestions? Why would you want to do that? It sounds like you're trying to store data from one table redundantly into a second table. This is essentially ...

can't delete text box word 2007
I am using Word 2007 and Windows Vista. I inserted several text boxes, and now want to delete them. I have selected the box and hit delete, but it is not working. I am sure the cursor is outside of the box, not in the text portion. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Are they floating? This may be a bit of a bug. Try right-clicking and making them In Line. Then select and Delete them. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "TL" <TL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:559DF2DC-1387-4E34-B4C9-CAAE8302090B@microsoft.com... > I am using Word 20...