read only form allows date to change

I have a form that I open in read only that has a calendar popup for the date
fields.  When I open the form the calendar pop up allows the date to be
changed.  The rest of the fields are read only.  Any suggestions.  Thanks

Private Sub ViewActivityNote_Click()
On Error GoTo Err_ViewActivityNote_Click

    Dim stDocName As String
    Dim stLinkCriteria As String

    stDocName = "FRM - Activity Note"

    stLinkCriteria = "[activitynoteid]=" & Me![activitynoteid]
    DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria, acFormReadOnly

Exit_ViewActivityNote_Click:
    Exit Sub

Err_ViewActivityNote_Click:
    MsgBox Err.Description
    Resume Exit_ViewActivityNote_Click

End Sub

__________________________________
Option Compare Database
Option Explicit

Public Today As Control, ctldate As Control

Function PopCalendar()
On Error GoTo PopCalendar_Err

        Set ctldate = Screen.ActiveControl
        DoCmd.OpenForm "FRM - Calendar"

PopCalendar_Exit:
        Exit Function

PopCalendar_Err:
        MsgBox "Error:" + Error$
        Resume PopCalendar_Exit

End Function

Perhaps you could refuse to open the calendar (or refuse to write the date
back), if the form is read-only or the control is not visible/enabled.

Testing the Visible/Enabled properties of Screen.ActiveControl is easy
enough.

What's more challenging is determining the form that the control is on
(particularly if it is in an option group, on a tab control, in a subform,
etc.) Then you still have to test for all the factors that could make that
form read-only, e.g. AllowEdits (but AllowAdditions if at NewRecord),
RecordsetType, whether the source query is read-only (and in some cases,
some fields in a query are while others are not), user's permissions
(security), read-only status of database, etc.

"sue gray" <suegray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a form that I open in read only that has a calendar popup for the
>date
> fields.  When I open the form the calendar pop up allows the date to be
> changed.  The rest of the fields are read only.  Any suggestions.  Thanks
>
> Private Sub ViewActivityNote_Click()
> On Error GoTo Err_ViewActivityNote_Click
>
>    Dim stDocName As String
>    Dim stLinkCriteria As String
>
>    stDocName = "FRM - Activity Note"
>
>    stLinkCriteria = "[activitynoteid]=" & Me![activitynoteid]
>    DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria, acFormReadOnly
>
> Exit_ViewActivityNote_Click:
>    Exit Sub
>
> Err_ViewActivityNote_Click:
>    MsgBox Err.Description
>    Resume Exit_ViewActivityNote_Click
>
> End Sub
>
> __________________________________
> Option Compare Database
> Option Explicit
>
> Public Today As Control, ctldate As Control
>
> Function PopCalendar()
> On Error GoTo PopCalendar_Err
>
>        Set ctldate = Screen.ActiveControl
>        DoCmd.OpenForm "FRM - Calendar"
>
> PopCalendar_Exit:
>        Exit Function
>
> PopCalendar_Err:
>        MsgBox "Error:" + Error$
>        Resume PopCalendar_Exit
>
> End Function

0
Allen
4/27/2007 6:08:08 AM
Sue, if you want to follow up on this, I've never had much success with
trying to work with Screen.ActiveControl.Form, so here's a routine that will
let you get a reference to the form that the active control is on.

You could use it like this:
    With FormOf(Screen.ActiveControl)
        Debug.Print .Name & " permits changes = ";
        If .NewRecord Then
            Debug.Print .AllowAdditions
        Else
            Debug.Print .AllowEdits
        End If
    End With

Public Function FormOf(varControl As Variant) As Form
On Error GoTo Err_Handler
    'Purpose:   Return a reference to the form the control is on.
    'Argument:  The control whose form you seek.
    'Return:    Form variable, or Nothing on error.
    Dim obj As Object

    If IsObject(varControl) Then
        Set obj = varControl
        Do While Not TypeOf obj Is Form
            Set obj = obj.Parent
        Loop
        If TypeOf obj Is Form Then
            Set FormOf = obj
        End If
    End If

Exit_Handler:
    Set obj = Nothing
    Exit Function

Err_Handler:
    Select Case Err.Number
    Case 91, 2450 To 2452, 2459 'Object not set, invalid form/report/view,
No parent.
        'do nothing
    Case Else
        MsgBox "Error " & Err.Number & ": " & Err.Description,
vbExclamation, "FormOf()"
    End Select
    Resume Exit_Handler
End Function

> Perhaps you could refuse to open the calendar (or refuse to write the date
> back), if the form is read-only or the control is not visible/enabled.
>
> Testing the Visible/Enabled properties of Screen.ActiveControl is easy
> enough.
>
> What's more challenging is determining the form that the control is on
> (particularly if it is in an option group, on a tab control, in a subform,
> etc.) Then you still have to test for all the factors that could make that
> form read-only, e.g. AllowEdits (but AllowAdditions if at NewRecord),
> RecordsetType, whether the source query is read-only (and in some cases,
> some fields in a query are while others are not), user's permissions
> (security), read-only status of database, etc.
>
> "sue gray" <suegray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I have a form that I open in read only that has a calendar popup for the
>>date
>> fields.  When I open the form the calendar pop up allows the date to be
>> changed.  The rest of the fields are read only.  Any suggestions.  Thanks
>>
>> Private Sub ViewActivityNote_Click()
>> On Error GoTo Err_ViewActivityNote_Click
>>
>>    Dim stDocName As String
>>    Dim stLinkCriteria As String
>>
>>    stDocName = "FRM - Activity Note"
>>
>>    stLinkCriteria = "[activitynoteid]=" & Me![activitynoteid]
>>    DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria, acFormReadOnly
>>
>> Exit_ViewActivityNote_Click:
>>    Exit Sub
>>
>> Err_ViewActivityNote_Click:
>>    MsgBox Err.Description
>>    Resume Exit_ViewActivityNote_Click
>>
>> End Sub
>>
>> __________________________________
>> Option Compare Database
>> Option Explicit
>>
>> Public Today As Control, ctldate As Control
>>
>> Function PopCalendar()
>> On Error GoTo PopCalendar_Err
>>
>>        Set ctldate = Screen.ActiveControl
>>        DoCmd.OpenForm "FRM - Calendar"
>>
>> PopCalendar_Exit:
>>        Exit Function
>>
>> PopCalendar_Err:
>>        MsgBox "Error:" + Error$
>>        Resume PopCalendar_Exit
>>
>> End Function

0
Allen
4/27/2007 7:02:48 AM
Wow,  I didn't realize it was that complicated.  If I choose your last
response, where would I put that code.  THanks for the help.

"Allen Browne" wrote:

> [...]
> >>date
> >> fields.  When I open the form the calendar pop up allows the date to be
> >> changed.  The rest of the fields are read only.  Any suggestions.  Thanks
> >>
> >> Private Sub ViewActivityNote_Click()
> >> On Error GoTo Err_ViewActivityNote_Click
> >>
> >>    Dim stDocName As String
> >>    Dim stLinkCriteria As String
> >>
> >>    stDocName = "FRM - Activity Note"
> >>
> >>    stLinkCriteria = "[activitynoteid]=" & Me![activitynoteid]
> >>    DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria, acFormReadOnly
> >>
> >> Exit_ViewActivityNote_Click:
> >>    Exit Sub
> >>
> >> Err_ViewActivityNote_Click:
> >>    MsgBox Err.Description
> >>    Resume Exit_ViewActivityNote_Click
> >>
> >> End Sub
> >>
> >> __________________________________
> >> Option Compare Database
> >> Option Explicit
> >>
> >> Public Today As Control, ctldate As Control

The FormOf() function goes in a standard module.

You would then use it in whatever way you need in the function where you
call the calendar.

> Wow,  I didn't realize it was that complicated.  If I choose your last
> response, where would I put that code.  THanks for the help.
>
> "Allen Browne" wrote:
>
>> Sue, if you want to follow up on this, I've never had much success with
>> trying to work with Screen.ActiveControl.Form, so here's a routine that
>> will
>> let you get a reference to the form that the active control is on.
>>
>> You could use it like this:
>>     With FormOf(Screen.ActiveControl)
>>         Debug.Print .Name & " permits changes = ";
>>         If .NewRecord Then
>>             Debug.Print .AllowAdditions
>>         Else
>>             Debug.Print .AllowEdits
>>         End If
>>     End With
>>

>> Public Function FormOf(varControl As Variant) As Form
>> On Error GoTo Err_Handler
>>     'Purpose:   Return a reference to the form the control is on.
>>     'Argument:  The control whose form you seek.
>>     'Return:    Form variable, or Nothing on error.
>>     Dim obj As Object
>>
>>     If IsObject(varControl) Then
>>         Set obj = varControl
>>         Do While Not TypeOf obj Is Form
>>             Set obj = obj.Parent
>>         Loop
>>         If TypeOf obj Is Form Then
>>             Set FormOf = obj
>>         End If
>>     End If
>>
>> Exit_Handler:
>>     Set obj = Nothing
>>     Exit Function
>>
>> Err_Handler:
>>     Select Case Err.Number
>>     Case 91, 2450 To 2452, 2459 'Object not set, invalid
>> form/report/view,
>> No parent.
>>         'do nothing
>>     Case Else
>>         MsgBox "Error " & Err.Number & ": " & Err.Description,
>> vbExclamation, "FormOf()"
>>     End Select
>>     Resume Exit_Handler
>> End Function
>>
>> "Allen Browne" <AllenBrowne@SeeSig.Invalid> wrote in message
>> > Perhaps you could refuse to open the calendar (or refuse to write the
>> > date
>> > back), if the form is read-only or the control is not visible/enabled.
>> >
>> > Testing the Visible/Enabled properties of Screen.ActiveControl is easy
>> > enough.
>> >
>> > What's more challenging is determining the form that the control is on
>> > (particularly if it is in an option group, on a tab control, in a
>> > subform,
>> > etc.) Then you still have to test for all the factors that could make
>> > that
>> > form read-only, e.g. AllowEdits (but AllowAdditions if at NewRecord),
>> > RecordsetType, whether the source query is read-only (and in some
>> > cases,
>> > some fields in a query are while others are not), user's permissions
>> > (security), read-only status of database, etc.
>> >
>> > "sue gray" <suegray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Allen

Determining the last business date
Is there any way (at 5pm in the continental USA) I can (fairly) conclusively determine the most recent date on which the stock market was open? This question comes from the following: If I have my VBScript hop over to http://my.msn.com/ then I can take a look at a fixed set of stock quotes (provided I have set them up). However, I don't see the date shown in any way. Now, if I could guarantee that the script would be run every day, then I could do some tricks (like checking whether all the quotes are the same as the prior accepted set - if so, I can assume the next date). ...

How do I record the date of the first record entry.
I have a small database and I want to record, in a table field, the date at which a record is added (but not edited). I want this to be permanent. Should I make the "primary key" this date? Please help, Frank "Frank Martin" <fm@general.com.au> wrote in message news:Osijfdy8KHA.3276@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > I have a small database and I want to record, in a table field, the date > at which a record is added (but not edited). In table design view, add the field to record when the entry was made. In the lower pane of table design, set...

Changing vat rate calculation in Money 2006
I have enabled VAT calculations on my transactions in my accounts and the tax rate has changed but I can't find a way to change it in Money 2006. This is a database that has been upgraded over many versions and I'm sure I've changed this before in another version. I can see the old rate in some reports I print but for the life of me I can't find a setting in 2006. Anyone know of the way to change the Vat Rate? or is this another new feature ;(( -- Boyd In microsoft.public.money, Boyd Tucker wrote: >I have enabled VAT calculations on my transactions in my accou...

How do I change the activity preview pane?
For Phone and Task Preview forms, I have tried to add the Description field to the form, but I am not able to make the field span two columns. Does anyone know a way around this? We need a better way to quickly jump between activity information while we're on the phone with a contact. Should we be storing this type of information somewhere else? Our sales team is finding this a barrier and thinks MS CRM is nothing more than a glorified address book. They are pushing us to move to ACT, but I think it’s just a matter of using this system more efficiently. Thanks for your help/inp...

Outlook forms #4
I have a series of related forms. The replies are associated in the actions menu but when they are published to a public folder the reply will not open initially. They are hidden so users cannot open them first to load them. My agency is one of many on the exchange server so I cannot use the organizational library. I thought about sending them to all our users as an .oft file so they can publish them to their personal library but not all users would be able to accomplish this with their technical knowledge. Any ideas on how to make them available to 475 users? ...

changing Exchange primary windows account
How To change primary Windows Account in exchange 5.5 mailbox, I have 3000 mailboxes in exchange 5.5 server. I want to change the primary windows account of all the users. can anybody suggest the faster way to do it.does anybody hv any tool. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;155414 Sri wrote: > How To change primary Windows Account in exchange 5.5 > mailbox, I have 3000 mailboxes in exchange 5.5 server. > I want to change the primary windows account of all the > users. > can anybody suggest the faster way to do it.does anybody > hv any tool. ...

Changing values in a value box
Hi all, I have a data set that looks like this: DATE A$ B$ A% B% mar-14 50 100 33 66 mar-21 100 100 50 50 mar-28 75 25 75 25 I want to chart the percentages by each date, but I want the "value" box to display the dollars. The only way I can think to trick the Excel chart is create 2 x-axises and hide the $ axis, but then the $ values don't match the height of the % columns. Is there a way to link the $ values to the % columns? Thanks. Josh, To chart only the percentages, select the Date column, and also the two % columns (drag throug...

Changing the Organization Name
I need to change my organization name in CRM, my license keys are registered under my Full Company Name and CRM was installed without the LLC. Note: The organization name created in the previous procedure (setting up CRM) must match the organization specified when your license key was obtained. When you do the install, the Org Name you specifiy needs to match the Org Name that was used for the License Keys. So, in your case, just install it w/o the LLC (assuming that's what your license keys are setup for). The v1.2 install shouldn't let you by the screen where you enter this ...

entering date in access records
hello everyone, I have this following problem. I have a access database with thousands of records. The problem now is I want to enter the same date into all those records, how can I do it in one shot? thanks, -- hanamichi Create a new query using the table that needs to be updated. From the query grid, click QUERY in the menu and select UPDATE QUERY In the query grid, select the date field as the field to update as the first colum and in teh UPDATE TO row in the current column set the update value to Now() Since you're updating all records, no criteria is necessary. Clic...

Changing a custom field length
We have created a custom section and there is a field (in that custom section) whose length has to be changed from 100 to 500 of nvarchar datatype, but the interface does not allow more than 100 for nvarchar. I couldnt modify the format of textbox to textarea as it is disabled nor i can change the datatype to another datatype. can anybody please help me with this?? Affy Unfortunately you'll have to recreate the field, as you can neither increse the length of a text field nor change it's format after it's been created. Then there's a question of what to do with any existing...

Transfer form data
In access 2000, how do I transfer form data to MS Word?. I would like to use something like transferSpreadsheet which I use often to transfer data to Excel. I would prefer not to create an Access report and then use "Publish with MS Word". This method does NOT faithfully reproduce the report. Thanks -- Shell "Shell" wrote: > In access 2000, how do I transfer form data to MS Word?. I would like to use > something like transferSpreadsheet which I use often to transfer data to > Excel. > > I would prefer not to create an Access report and then us...

Get/Change operation on table 'SY_Error_Messages_MSTR'
Hi all, We upgraded from GP version 9 to version 10 over the past weekend. I have a user who is entering Payables Transactions and she is receiving the following message when she tries to enter a duplicate PO#.... Unhandled database exception: A get/change operation on table 'SY_Error_Messages_MSTR' cannot find the table. Invalid object name 'SY01700' So based on the error, the incorrect message is appearing to the user. Can I rebuild the SY01700 table? Is this really the issue? Any help would be greatly appeciated! Thanks, Lori The SY01700 Table holds the error mess...

The specified date is invalid
Hello, We have specified the date settings for our CRM 3.0 (Rollup 2) installation as dd-mm-yyyy. When I'm adding a date, like 31/12/07 I get a warning: The specified date is invalid. Enter a date in the format: DD/MM/YYYY. When I enter a date like 31-12-07 I get no warning (and that's OK). Does anyone know were to change the date warning, so I can replace the / by - ? I didn't found it at the Messages section of the Contact entity. The system settings are set to dd-mm-yyyy. Thanks in advantage. LCOW- You can adjust the display of the date by going to ... Settings >...

Change in paste behaviout between Publisher 2000 and 2002-
I also have the same problem. I use publisher to print ID cards and every day paste about 100 images from a graphics program into the same sized text box in Publisher. With all versions of Publisher up to and including 2000 the pasted image would resize itself to the text frame. This being what I need. With Publisher 2002 onwards the pasted image pastes itself into a new frame on top of the existing image and much larger. I then have to delete the existing image and resize the new image, which takes much much longer than using Publisher 2000. If Microsoft provided an option somewhere to cho...

Error
My HR users are seeing a new error when trying to update one of the fields on the "Position Extra Fields" Screen (located at "Position Setup" Screen -> "Position Extra Fields" Screen) The error is "This employee record has been changed since you opened this window. Changes won't be saved." I can duplicated it also, even when signed in as admin. I tried tracing it but see nothing that helps. A SQL trace shows an attempted insert to HRPOS022 then next a Select to Dynamics..Sy01700 (holds the error messages) Ca...

How to read B-LOB data from Oracel DB using Pro*c
Hello, I'm trying to read B-LOB data in Oracle Database using Pro*c. I know how to read it with char mode. What I want to know is read it with binary mode. Are there any good person help me? Let me know if you have a good sample source. Thanks and have a nice day. ...

POS Extended Amount Flips to Positive on a return when changed?
Microsoft Retail Manager Version 1.3.1002 Hi, I recently had a problem balancing when i noticed that a return i processed was incorrectly journaled. Generating a detailed sales report also illustrated the same error. The quantity sold was -1, the sold price was -ve but the total sale was +ve, whereas when correct the quantity sold is -1 the sold price is +ve and the total sale is -ve. How This Happened: In POS I processed the return in what I thought was the usual manner. I pressed the return button and then because the item being returned had a reduced value I changed the extended price th...

I need an Excel Genius !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Headers/Footer Changes
I think I need some work around code. I have two workbooks named QG and Add-In. Add-In contains all the code to manipulate data in QG. I have two option buttons in Sheets("QUOTE") in QG. Each option button represents a company. When an option button is clicked the code below located in Add-In is called, which changes the Header and Footer to represent that company. The code works fine, but there is a fault. If the Logo is moved to a different folder the code fails. Is there a way to store the two company logos (.jpeg) in one of the workbooks so that when one...

Outlook 2003 Forms Problem
Whenever I try to open or design a form, Outlook keeps asking me to open another data file. It appears as if it thinks the default library is in another (older) data file. I have tried clearing the forms cache, renaming frmcache.dat, etc. Nothing works. Can anyone help? Thanks. What is the exact text of the error message?=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jump...

Select records with form driven input
I know this one is really dumb, but i can't seem to get the technique to work. Tables: MERIT BADGES containg a list of merit badges, SCOUT_ID containg info on personal, MB_RESOLVER conatins links between a Merit Badge and a Scout ID. So a Scout_ID can counsel many merit badges and a Merit badge can be Counseled by many Scout_ID's. Form: I would like a form that allows a Scout to select a Merit Badge (from a list box) and retrive all Counselors (by Scout ID) that work with that merit badge. Query: I have a query that retrives all records and required information. I ...

Dates and balances don't change after downloads
I am using Money 2005 and I have five accounts (three bank accounts and two credit card accounts) from which I download financial data. Downloading financial data gives me no problem but the balance and dates of four of the five accounts don't change: they all sit on the same date with the time as midnight and the balance as it was in October or November. How do I fix this? Salvage tells me the files are fine and I'm at a loss. Steven ...

Changing Font case in excel
Is there a way to to change upper case fonts to say, title case or lower case Thanks in advance Andrew Andrew, here is one way, with your data in A1 =PROPER(A1) =LOWER(A1) -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 97 & 2000 ** remove news from my email address to reply by email ** "Andrew S." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D0F578F3-286B-478F-B7B8-2209F19F55F8@microsoft.com... > Is there a w...

Convert Decimal to Calendar Date
Hi all, I have tried to search in many places for this, but I usually find results for converting the other way round! What I want to do is to convert a decimal number representing months from now (say 8.7) to an actual calendar date (like 5 February 2010). I am working up a spreadsheet that shows how long it will take to pay my debts so the decimal figure will change frequently (as of course will todays date). I get the decimal from dividing total debt by monthly payment amount but it would be great to see an actual date. Could anyone please offer advice? Thanks. Andy. Does 8.7 mean 8.7...

When will Money for PPC support Int dates????
Only app I know that only uses US dates. VERY annoying. Even the latest (2005) still ONLY uses US dates! When? Well, given how much money Microsoft is making off of Money for PPC, I wouldn't be holding my breath. "Wayne Boxall" <boxall_W@NOSPAMyahoo.com.au> wrote in message news:OjWJ5L1AFHA.2180@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Only app I know that only uses US dates. VERY annoying. > > Even the latest (2005) still ONLY uses US dates! > > BUT how hard is it. NO other app is so date dumb. "Dick Watson" <littlegreengecko@mind-enufalready-sprin...

changing the size of the font in the navigation pane in word 2007
How do I change the size of the font in the navigation pane in word 2007? The method used in previous versions of word do not apply as the options (under format) have changed. I find the size is too small Thanks -- melthamdave Well, for one thing Word 2007 is a Windows version & this is the newsgroup for Word on the Mac :-) However, it makes no difference � the font size in any of the dialog windows/panes/panels cannot be modified. For future reference you can reach the Win Office groups here: http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/FlyoutOverview.mspx Reg...