Problem with checkboxes after Service Pack 3

I am current experiencing problems with the checkboxes on my forms. If
unchecked, clicking will set the checkbox. If already checked, clicking will
have no effect. Setting a checkbox that is already checked to false still
shows true (via vba).

The forms are bound to a SQL Server back end database. Almost all of the
checkboxes have no code attached to them. The remaining checkboxes just tab
to another field after update. I have decompiled and recompiled.

Tabbing to the checkbox and hitting the spacebar works but not clicking with
the mouse. The problems began after Office Service Pack 3 was installed. I
have many versions of the database that were created before the Service Pack
and none of them have working checkboxes now (they worked before the Service
Pack).

An additional problem occurred with a listbox that had 13 columns. The form
would not display, I could not compile. I could not save until I reduced the
number of columns and save the database.

Any help on the checkboxes would be greatly appreciated.

~Gardner

I fogot to mention, that I am running Access 2003 The application does not
work as  and ADP or an ADE file. I execute routines in the MouseHook.dll at
startup. Removing the routines seems to have no effect.

Thanks.

~Gardner

"Gardner" wrote:

> I am current experiencing problems with the checkboxes on my forms. If
> unchecked, clicking will set the checkbox. If already checked, clicking will
> have no effect. Setting a checkbox that is already checked to false still
> shows true (via vba).
>
> The forms are bound to a SQL Server back end database. Almost all of the
> checkboxes have no code attached to them. The remaining checkboxes just tab
> to another field after update. I have decompiled and recompiled.
>
> Tabbing to the checkbox and hitting the spacebar works but not clicking with
> the mouse. The problems began after Office Service Pack 3 was installed. I
> have many versions of the database that were created before the Service Pack
> and none of them have working checkboxes now (they worked before the Service
> Pack).
>
> An additional problem occurred with a listbox that had 13 columns. The form
> would not display, I could not compile. I could not save until I reduced the
> number of columns and save the database.
>
> Any help on the checkboxes would be greatly appreciated.
>
> ~Gardner
It's a bug that has been introduced by 2003 SP3. MS is aware of it.

--

        Ken Snell
<MS ACCESS MVP>

"Gardner" <Gardner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am current experiencing problems with the checkboxes on my forms. If
> unchecked, clicking will set the checkbox. If already checked, clicking
> will
> have no effect. Setting a checkbox that is already checked to false still
> shows true (via vba).
>
> The forms are bound to a SQL Server back end database. Almost all of the
> checkboxes have no code attached to them. The remaining checkboxes just
> tab
> to another field after update. I have decompiled and recompiled.
>
> Tabbing to the checkbox and hitting the spacebar works but not clicking
> with
> the mouse. The problems began after Office Service Pack 3 was installed. I
> have many versions of the database that were created before the Service
> Pack
> and none of them have working checkboxes now (they worked before the
> Service
> Pack).
>
> An additional problem occurred with a listbox that had 13 columns. The
> form
> would not display, I could not compile. I could not save until I reduced
> the
> number of columns and save the database.
>
> Any help on the checkboxes would be greatly appreciated.
>
> ~Gardner

0
Ken
9/29/2007 1:10:04 AM
Thanks Ken.

Are they also aware of the problem with the listbox as well?

~Gardner

"Ken Snell (MVP)" wrote:

> It's a bug that has been introduced by 2003 SP3. MS is aware of it.
>
> --
>
>         Ken Snell
> <MS ACCESS MVP>
>
> "Gardner" <Gardner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am current experiencing problems with the checkboxes on my forms. If
> > unchecked, clicking will set the checkbox. If already checked, clicking
> > will
> > have no effect. Setting a checkbox that is already checked to false still
> > shows true (via vba).
> >
> > The forms are bound to a SQL Server back end database. Almost all of the
> > checkboxes have no code attached to them. The remaining checkboxes just
> > tab
> > to another field after update. I have decompiled and recompiled.
> >
> > Tabbing to the checkbox and hitting the spacebar works but not clicking
> > with
> > the mouse. The problems began after Office Service Pack 3 was installed. I
> > have many versions of the database that were created before the Service
> > Pack
> > and none of them have working checkboxes now (they worked before the
> > Service
> > Pack).
> >
> > An additional problem occurred with a listbox that had 13 columns. The
> > form
> > would not display, I could not compile. I could not save until I reduced
> > the
> > number of columns and save the database.
> >
> > Any help on the checkboxes would be greatly appreciated.
> >
> > ~Gardner

Yes.
--

> Thanks Ken.
>
> Are they also aware of the problem with the listbox as well?
>
> ~Gardner

0
Ken
9/29/2007 2:11:11 AM
On Sep 28, 9:10 pm, "Ken Snell \(MVP\)"
<kthsneisll...@ncoomcastt.renaetl> wrote:
> It's a bug that has been introduced by 2003 SP3. MS is aware of it.
>
> --
>
>         Ken Snell
> <MS ACCESS MVP>
>
> "Gardner" <Gard...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >I am current experiencing problems with the checkboxes on my forms. If
> > unchecked, clicking will set the checkbox. If already checked, clicking
> > will
> > have no effect. Setting a checkbox that is already checked to false still
> > shows true (via vba).
>
> > The forms are bound to a SQL Server back end database. Almost all of the
> > checkboxes have no code attached to them. The remaining checkboxes just
> > tab
> > to another field after update. I have decompiled and recompiled.
>
> > Tabbing to the checkbox and hitting the spacebar works but not clicking
> > with
> > the mouse. The problems began after Office Service Pack 3 was installed. I
> > have many versions of the database that were created before the Service
> > Pack
> > and none of them have working checkboxes now (they worked before the
> > Service
> > Pack).
>
> > An additional problem occurred with a listbox that had 13 columns. The
> > form
> > would not display, I could not compile. I could not save until I reduced
> > the
> > number of columns and save the database.
>
> > Any help on the checkboxes would be greatly appreciated.
>
> > ~Gardner

Ken,

Can you provide a link to a knowledge base article or a bug database
where this bug is documented by Microsoft? Does Microsoft have a plan
to release a patch to fix this, or is there a workaround available
(other than using the space bar)?

Thanks,
Bradley

0
Bradley
10/1/2007 10:02:05 PM
No link to a KB article has been released yet. I'm told that MS is very
close to publishing a KB article and "fix" for this issue.
--

        Ken Snell
<MS ACCESS MVP>

"Bradley" <Bradley.Holt@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Sep 28, 9:10 pm, "Ken Snell \(MVP\)"
> <kthsneisll...@ncoomcastt.renaetl> wrote:
>> It's a bug that has been introduced by 2003 SP3. MS is aware of it.
>
> Ken,
>
> Can you provide a link to a knowledge base article or a bug database
> where this bug is documented by Microsoft? Does Microsoft have a plan
> to release a patch to fix this, or is there a workaround available
> (other than using the space bar)?
>
> Thanks,
> Bradley

0
Ken
10/2/2007 12:28:40 AM
Ken, is this the same problem that I see now only 0 and -1 in my
listbox/comboboxes?
The ony strange thing is that I saw this before in SP2, I did something in
the table design and the problem was solved, but now I really don't know
anymore what I did, because nothing helps.

When this is the same bug then I'm 'happy'

Thanks in advance.
Arjan

"Ken Snell (MVP)" <kthsneisllis9@ncoomcastt.renaetl> wrote in message
> No link to a KB article has been released yet. I'm told that MS is very
> close to publishing a KB article and "fix" for this issue.
> --
>
>        Ken Snell
> <MS ACCESS MVP>
>

> "Bradley" <Bradley.Holt@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> On Sep 28, 9:10 pm, "Ken Snell \(MVP\)"
>> <kthsneisll...@ncoomcastt.renaetl> wrote:
>>> It's a bug that has been introduced by 2003 SP3. MS is aware of it.
>>
>> Ken,
>>
>> Can you provide a link to a knowledge base article or a bug database
>> where this bug is documented by Microsoft? Does Microsoft have a plan
>> to release a patch to fix this, or is there a workaround available
>> (other than using the space bar)?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Bradley

The bug noted by the other poster is related to using SQL Server as the
backend for the database. I'm not aware that this bug is manifested in the
displays in comboboxes or listboxes. 0 is the actual value of False (or No
or Off) in ACCESS; -1 is the actual value of True (or Yes or On).

You can change the Format property of the combobox to Yes/No, True/False, or
On/Off so that it will show the name instead of the value. This may trigger
a separate bug, related to the use of a Format property for a field that is
in a RowSource query of a combobox or listbox, that SP3 introduced, though.
This separate bug causes a blank display for the combobox or listbox. MS
also is working on that bug.

--

        Ken Snell
<MS ACCESS MVP>

"A. van Huizen" <avhzn@raketnet.nl> wrote in message
> Ken, is this the same problem that I see now only 0 and -1 in my
> listbox/comboboxes?
> The ony strange thing is that I saw this before in SP2, I did something in
> the table design and the problem was solved, but now I really don't know
> anymore what I did, because nothing helps.
>
> When this is the same bug then I'm 'happy'
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Arjan
>
> "Ken Snell (MVP)" <kthsneisllis9@ncoomcastt.renaetl> wrote in message
>> No link to a KB article has been released yet. I'm told that MS is very
>> close to publishing a KB article and "fix" for this issue.
>> --
>>
>>        Ken Snell
>> <MS ACCESS MVP>
>>

>> "Bradley" <Bradley.Holt@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Ken,
>>>
>>> Can you provide a link to a knowledge base article or a bug database
>>> where this bug is documented by Microsoft? Does Microsoft have a plan
>>> to release a patch to fix this, or is there a workaround available
>>> (other than using the space bar)?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Bradley

0
Ken
10/5/2007 2:24:50 PM
Thanks for your fast reply.

Normally I saw in the listbox 'Yes' and 'No', now I see -1 and 0. I didn't
change something and this db works already since 1 year for a client. And I
see it in every front-end on existing databases since this week. So I think
that it is related to SP3 too.

The format of the Yes/No field in the table is set to Yes/No or True/False.
When I change this, it still doesn't matter.
Also when I make the prefered format in the table design empty.

When I make a simple new database with one table, one field and I display
this in a listbox on a form I see only 0 and -1.

It looks like a bug, because I'm not aware that I can change this format
somewhere besides in the table design.

I hope that you can reproduce the same as I see.

> The bug noted by the other poster is related to using SQL Server as the
> backend for the database. I'm not aware that this bug is manifested in the
> displays in comboboxes or listboxes. 0 is the actual value of False (or No
> or Off) in ACCESS; -1 is the actual value of True (or Yes or On).
>
> You can change the Format property of the combobox to Yes/No, True/False,
> or On/Off so that it will show the name instead of the value. This may
> trigger a separate bug, related to the use of a Format property for a
> field that is in a RowSource query of a combobox or listbox, that SP3
> introduced, though. This separate bug causes a blank display for the
> combobox or listbox. MS also is working on that bug.
>
> --
>
>        Ken Snell
> <MS ACCESS MVP>
>

> "A. van Huizen" <avhzn@raketnet.nl> wrote in message
>> Ken, is this the same problem that I see now only 0 and -1 in my
>> listbox/comboboxes?
>> The ony strange thing is that I saw this before in SP2, I did something
>> in the table design and the problem was solved, but now I really don't
>> know anymore what I did, because nothing helps.
>>
>> When this is the same bug then I'm 'happy'
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>> Arjan
>>
>> "Ken Snell (MVP)" <kthsneisllis9@ncoomcastt.renaetl> wrote in message
>>> No link to a KB article has been released yet. I'm told that MS is very
>>> close to publishing a KB article and "fix" for this issue.
>>> --
>>>
>>>        Ken Snell
>>> <MS ACCESS MVP>
>>>

>>> "Bradley" <Bradley.Holt@gmail.com> wrote in message

Has there been a fix yet for this issue?  This service pack was
installed last night via SMS and we can't do our data entry now.

Michael

On Oct 1, 7:28 pm, "Ken Snell \(MVP\)"
<kthsneisll...@ncoomcastt.renaetl> wrote:
> No link to a KB article has been released yet. I'm told that MS is very
> close to publishing a KB article and "fix" for this issue.
> --
>
>         Ken Snell
> <MS ACCESS MVP>
>
> "Bradley" <Bradley.H...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > On Sep 28, 9:10 pm, "Ken Snell \(MVP\)"
> > <kthsneisll...@ncoomcastt.renaetl> wrote:
> >> It's a bug that has been introduced by 2003 SP3. MS is aware of it.
>
> > Ken,
>
> > Can you provide a link to a knowledge base article or a bug database
> > where this bug is documented by Microsoft? Does Microsoft have a plan
> > to release a patch to fix this, or is there a workaround available
> > (other than using the space bar)?
>
> > Thanks,
> > Bradley

0
KaytrimsKustoms
10/11/2007 6:03:19 PM

<KaytrimsKustoms@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Has there been a fix yet for this issue?  This service pack was
> installed last night via SMS and we can't do our data entry now.
>
> Michael
>
> On Oct 1, 7:28 pm, "Ken Snell \(MVP\)"
> <kthsneisll...@ncoomcastt.renaetl> wrote:
>> No link to a KB article has been released yet. I'm told that MS is very
>> close to publishing a KB article and "fix" for this issue.
>> --
>>
>>         Ken Snell
>> <MS ACCESS MVP>
>>
>> "Bradley" <Bradley.H...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>> > Ken,
>>
>> > Can you provide a link to a knowledge base article or a bug database
>> > where this bug is documented by Microsoft? Does Microsoft have a plan
>> > to release a patch to fix this, or is there a workaround available
>> > (other than using the space bar)?
>>
>> > Thanks,
>> > Bradley

0
Ken
10/11/2007 8:43:12 PM
Hi Ken,
Any idea yet when the fix will be available? We either have to roll back to
SP2 (not easy) or sit on piles of reports awaiting data entry (not
productive). Any suggestions on how to let MS know this is a huge problem for
us? Your help is greatly appreciated.
David

"Ken Snell (MVP)" wrote:

> No link to a KB article has been released yet. I'm told that MS is very
> close to publishing a KB article and "fix" for this issue.
> --
>
>         Ken Snell
> <MS ACCESS MVP>
>

> <KaytrimsKustoms@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Has there been a fix yet for this issue?  This service pack was
> > installed last night via SMS and we can't do our data entry now.
> >
> > Michael
> >
> > On Oct 1, 7:28 pm, "Ken Snell \(MVP\)"
> > <kthsneisll...@ncoomcastt.renaetl> wrote:
> >> No link to a KB article has been released yet. I'm told that MS is very
> >> close to publishing a KB article and "fix" for this issue.
> >> --
> >>
> >>         Ken Snell
> >> <MS ACCESS MVP>
> >>
> >> "Bradley" <Bradley.H...@gmail.com> wrote in message

I wish I had some news for you, but nothing has been announced by MS yet. I
would have thought it would have occurred by now, so something else must be
holding up the process. I'll ping MS and see.
--

        Ken Snell
<MS ACCESS MVP>

> Hi Ken,
> Any idea yet when the fix will be available? We either have to roll back
> SP2 (not easy) or sit on piles of reports awaiting data entry (not
> productive). Any suggestions on how to let MS know this is a huge problem
> for
> us? Your help is greatly appreciated.
> David

0
Ken
10/26/2007 6:37:58 PM
Hi Ken,

Any updates? I'm having the same issues as are the rest in this post. My
user's patience levels are reaching critical mass.  Hoping there is some news.

Thanks,

Dave

"Ken Snell (MVP)" wrote:

> I wish I had some news for you, but nothing has been announced by MS yet. I
> would have thought it would have occurred by now, so something else must be
> holding up the process. I'll ping MS and see.
> --
>
>         Ken Snell
> <MS ACCESS MVP>
>

> "David" <David@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Ken,
> > Any idea yet when the fix will be available? We either have to roll back
> > SP2 (not easy) or sit on piles of reports awaiting data entry (not
> > productive). Any suggestions on how to let MS know this is a huge problem
> > for
> > us? Your help is greatly appreciated.
> > David

My last communication with MS is that the publication of information is in
the "queue of work", but no date for release has been set.

--

        Ken Snell
<MS ACCESS MVP>

> Hi Ken,
>
> Any updates? I'm having the same issues as are the rest in this post. My
> user's patience levels are reaching critical mass.  Hoping there is some
> news.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dave
>

> "Ken Snell (MVP)" wrote:
>
>> I wish I had some news for you, but nothing has been announced by MS yet.
>> would have thought it would have occurred by now, so something else must
>> be
>> holding up the process. I'll ping MS and see.
>> --
>>
>>         Ken Snell
>> <MS ACCESS MVP>
>>

>> "David" <David@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi Ken,
>> > Any idea yet when the fix will be available? We either have to roll
>> > back
>> > SP2 (not easy) or sit on piles of reports awaiting data entry (not
>> > productive). Any suggestions on how to let MS know this is a huge
>> > problem
>> > for
>> > us? Your help is greatly appreciated.
>> > David

0
Ken
11/9/2007 7:22:56 PM
"Combo box controls and list box controls display no value or
incorrect values in Access 2003 after you install Office 2003 Service
Pack 3."  And a few more problems SP3 introduced.

Description of the Access 2003 post-Service Pack 3 hotfix package:
December 18, 2007 - 945674

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/945674
--

        Ken Snell
<MS ACCESS MVP>

> My last communication with MS is that the publication of information is in
> the "queue of work", but no date for release has been set.
>
> --
>
>        Ken Snell
> <MS ACCESS MVP>
>

> "Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hi Ken,
>>
>> Any updates? I'm having the same issues as are the rest in this post. My
>> user's patience levels are reaching critical mass.  Hoping there is some
>> news.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Dave
>>

>> "Ken Snell (MVP)" wrote:
>>
>>> I wish I had some news for you, but nothing has been announced by MS
>>> yet. I
>>> would have thought it would have occurred by now, so something else must
>>> be
>>> holding up the process. I'll ping MS and see.
>>> --
>>>
>>>         Ken Snell
>>> <MS ACCESS MVP>
>>>

>>> "David" <David@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Ken
12/28/2007 1:27:44 AM
Thanks for the update Ken.

Michael

On Dec 27 2007, 7:27 pm, "Ken Snell \(MVP\)"
<kthsneisll...@ncoomcastt.renaetl> wrote:
> "Combo box controls and list box controls display no value or
> incorrect values in Access 2003 after you install Office 2003 Service
> Pack 3."  And a few more problems SP3 introduced.
>
> Description of the Access 2003 post-Service Pack 3 hotfix package:
> December 18, 2007 - 945674
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/945674
> --
>
>         Ken Snell
> <MS ACCESS MVP>
>
> "Ken Snell (MVP)" <kthsneisll...@ncoomcastt.renaetl> wrote in messagenews:%23rM1tZwIIHA.3768@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>
> > My last communication with MS is that the publication of information is in
> > the "queue of work", but no date for release has been set.
>
> > --
>
> >        Ken Snell
> > <MS ACCESS MVP>
>
> > "Dave" <D...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> Hi Ken,
>
> >> Any updates? I'm having the same issues as are the rest in this post. My
> >> user's patience levels are reaching critical mass.  Hoping there is some
> >> news.
>
> >> Thanks,
>
> >> Dave

0
KaytrimsKustoms

"name check" problem
In syncing my Treo 270 I get a new window which states that "Outlook unable to recognize (square shape- I cannot duplicate the shape of a square here???)" the sync cannot continue-HELP John ...

CRM 3 eMail Problem
Hi I have a MS SBS 2003 R2 installation with SQL and CRM 3. I am having trouble while sending eMails from the CRM system. They get stuck in the exchange queue. They retry, but just do not go to external eMail addresses. They seem to come through to internal user accounts however. Exchange works fine when used by normal users. Any help greatly appreciated. Steward. I take it that you have your Virtual SMTP server on the CRM Server to forward emails to your exchange server rather than try direct delivery first. If this is the case you will need to add your CRM server to relay through ...

RMS Down Grading Transaction
We have just received our second case where customer swears that the CC was swiped but the CC processor received it as a manual entry. Apparently, when you swipe the card through the MSR and for some reason the return carriage DOESNT register and you click OK manually, the CC processor gets it as a manual entry. Which our customer pays a higher percentage for and has No rights to appeal if the transaction is disputed. Anyone else having this issue or can shed some light on this? PS: 1 out of 10 times the return carriage isn’t sent to RMS - Not all the time. Haik, I have left a few ...

Outlook 2002 Export to File Problem
I am using Outlook 2002 "Export to file" to get the .pst files in an exported file so it can be imported into another system. The problem is that this is no longer functioning as it used it. It no longer displays a window showing the files it is scanning and putting in the export file. It also never completes and the export file remains locked down unless you kill Outlook. Please help! Are you trying to get the .PST file data to another system running Outlook, or are you trying to convert to some other program or file format? If you're just moving data between Outlook in...

Graphics driver problems with Publisher 2003
There seems to be some kind of issue with graphics not displaying in Publisher 2003 with certain video cards/drivers. Is there information available in the MS Knowledge Base to resolve this? I can only get it to work with a default vga driver. I have tried all the suggestions I have come across in these forums ie. Download and install the latest video driver Clear the cache View, Pictures, Detailed display I do not want to use a default driver which gives me 'ripply' scrolling. Have you tried other versions of the drivers (not necessarily the latest) for your specific card? -- ...

Installing Reporting Services on Business Portal/SQL Server 2000 box
I have Windows 2003 Server running SQL 2000 and Great Plains. I've also got the Business Portal running on this box, but when I installed Reporting Services it didn't work correctly. I'm getting the following error message: Parser Error Message: File or assembly name Microsoft.BusinessFramework, or one of its dependencies, was not found. Source Error: Line 74: <add name="WindowsAuthentication" type="System.Web.Security.WindowsAuthenticationModule" /> Line 75: <!-- <add name="Session" type="System.Web.SessionState....

Password Problem #3
I had to rebuild my computer after a hard drive crash and despite the fact thet my MS Money 2002 was synchronized with my .net passport account, I cannot acces my money file now. It does not accept any password I type in. I am positive that there were no passwords for my file. I downloaded the Accent Money Password recovery program and it tells me that the file is "not password protected" I need help in resoving this issue, Thanks Zameer In microsoft.public.money, Zameer wrote: >I had to rebuild my computer after a hard drive crash and >despite the fact thet my M...

Read Receipt problem
Hi I use Outlook 2003 on a network at work. People keep getting read receipts from me when I open their emails to me, even though they have not asked for one! Not everyone, just some of them. Any thoughts please? Thanks Dave Sounds like a default setting on the network side most likely. Check through the settings on the network machine and see if there is something designated there. -- John C. Harris, MPA JCZ Consulting Services, LLC Thanks John. Would that still be the case if it is just my profile out of about 200 that is doing it? Dave John C. Harris, MPA wrote: > S...

Attachment Problem #10
A user is receiving the following error when trying to open certain Power Point attachments: Powerpoint can't open the type of file represented by the file %Path%\%FileName% The user has assured me that he was able to successfully open the attachment at one point, but that within the last couple weeks started receiving errors when trying to open some attachments. This error only occurs when trying to open some attachments. He can open other Powerpoint attachments without issue. I have deleted all of the temporary Outlook files from his hard drive in order to confirm that a corrupt tem...

Associate new MOSS 2007 install to existing WSS 3.0 content databa
Hi all, we currently run WSS 3.0 SP1 on one server and SQL 2005 with the content database on another server. We want to move to MOSS 2007 but instead of doing an upgrade to our WSS 3.0 server I was hoping to setup a new server, do a fresh MOSS 2007 install and then just point to the existing content database on the SQL 2005 server. Can someone tell me if this is possible? or do I need to do a fresh WSS 3.0 install on the new server, point to the existing content database, then upgrade to MOSS 2007? Hi Jason, this is possible! Install a new farm using MOSS on the new serve...

HELP!
Mike - that's exactly what I'm looking for!! Thank you so much! -- nycexcelmonke ----------------------------------------------------------------------- nycexcelmonkey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1625 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27658 ...

Build Problem C++
I'm a VC++/MFC rookie currently taking a Visual C++ course. I have installed VC++ Pro. version 6.0 on my machine running XP. I set up a basic program in MFC per course instructions to simply create a window with default toolbar, etc., using App Wizard and ran build from the menu to create the .exe. Got following output: --------------------Configuration: sam - Win32 Debug-------------------- Copying contents file... The system cannot find the path specified. Error executing c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe. sam.exe - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s) ----------------------------------------- The log...

Conversion ? #3
How do you convert Quicken 2005 Files to Money 2005 ? "James McNulty" wrote: > How do you convert Quicken 2005 Files to Money 2005 ? I've just downloaded the trial version of Money 2006, after getting a bellyfull trying to get tech support from Intuit. While I would have expected M2006 to support Q2005, I kept getting a terse, uninformative message that simply said that the data was not converted. I got around this by exporting the data into a *.qif file (File | Export) and then importing that into M2006. I think that the qif format may be more stable between rel...

AlphaBlend problems in CImage class
I am trying to call CImage::AlphaBlend() in a piece of code I have written. I get the compile error SceneGeneratorView.cpp(84): error C2039: 'AlphaBlend' : is not a member of 'ATL::CImage' All the documentation says that AlphaBlend is a member of CImage. What is going on here?? Travis Miller According to the MSDN documentation under CImage Limitations with Earlier Operating Systems: To compile an application that calls these methods, insert a #define _WIN32_WINNT statement before #including any system headers, indicating that the version of Windows is equal to or gr...

worker thread #3
Could I get a comment on the following thread function and start of thread? Is there anything that is incorrect? I'm trying to use two audio buffers for the first time, and this is also the most I've ever attempted to use a worker thread and event. My audio is playing back all chopped up, and I am suspecting that there's something I need to know about handling the thread. HANDLE m_hndAudioDone; UINT AudioStream(LPVOID pParam) { CAudioFile* audiofile = (CAudioFile*)pParam; while(true) { WaitForSingleObject(m_hndAudioDone, INFINITE); if(!audiofile->m_bEndOfStrea...

Combo Box Copy Problem
I put together a form in Excel 2000. In it are 2 combo boxes that work correctly in the worksheet. It links to a data series that show up i the combo's box pull down and when a selection is made, it correctl places a corresponding number to a designated field. The problem I'm having is when I copy the sheet. If I make a copy fro the original excel worksheet, the combo box gets copied and the ne worksheet works correctly. When I MAKE A COPY FROM THE COPY, I LOOS THE COMBO BOX in the new copy. In other words: Original to Copy 1 - Works ok Copy 1 to Copy 2 - Combo Box disappears Do...

Problem with Drawing Straight Vertical lines on a Chart

w3wp.exe worker process throws errors on CRM 3.0
Our CRM3 environment is running fine, but every now and then the w3wp.exe worker process on the server is doing something that consumes either abnormal large amounts of memory or blocks some other process. W3wp.exe is associated with the application pool of IIS (6.0). This server runs on 4 GB of internal memory. Users trying to enter CRM3 through Internet Explorer get an error message that there was a problem (contact systemadministrator). Killing the w3wp.exe on the server instantly resolves the connection problem of the other users. What can cause these occasional 'hangup's'? ...

Permissions Problem #2
Dear all, I have the following problem. Jackie has author permissions enabling her to book a meeting room (a resource). Sarah has reviewer permissions enabling her to view the meeting room, but not to book it. So far so simple. But what if Jackie is going on holiday and wants to enable Sarah to create new meetings and to be able to cancel meetings that Jackie has made? I thought that Jackie could give Editor permissions over her own calender to Sarah and that this would also transfer editor permissions over resource bookings Jackie had made....but apparently not. Any ideas/ I have solv...

Probleme affiche userform
Bonjour J'au un soucis pour afficher a l'ouverture d'un fichier excel un userform. ce userform comporte des case a coche (checkbox), dans la zone controlsource des propriete j'ai saisi la case de ma feuille excel ou je veu recup�rer le resultat (vrai ou faux) , tout cela fonctionne parfaitement , sauf quan je met l'ouverture du userform a l'ouverture du fichier excel , erreur ne trouve pas le chemin ... Si je supprime la valeur dans les proprietes de la zone controlsource , ca marche , mais je n'ai plus la valeur dans la cellule concern�e, j'en dduit ...

SPAM filter for Windows 2003 SMTP Service?
Does anyone of a way to implement a SPAM server-based e-mail filter for the Windows 2003 SMTP Service? ...

Sharepoint (WSS 3.0): Add link to other directory in directory?
Hi, Is it possible to create a link to another directory in a Sharepoint directory? In Windows Explorer I can (right click) drag a directory to another directory. When I release my drag work I'm asked is I want to create a link. When I try to emulate this in Windows Explorer, connected to Sharepoint, this is not possible. Or is it? Abel I don't follow your question, sorry. Do you mean a SharePoint library? Site? -- Daniel A. Galant Imagine what we could be... if we could just imagine. "Abel MacAdam" <AbelMacAdam@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

office problems on a month-old macbook
I installed Office a month ago when I first purchased my Macbook. Everything worked well until this past week when none of my Office programs worked. I just double click on the icons and nothing happens. The programs I double click do show up in "Recent Programs," but the programs don't open. I'm not sure why it stopped working all of a sudden. I tried deleting the program, but the "Remove Office" option wouldn't work. Again, I'd click the icon, and nothing would happen. I ended up dragging the file into the trash and trying to reinstall. I couldn't use...

Layout problem with Column/row headers
We have a user who's default Excel layout has been switched to a "mirror view" of the norm... The column headers go right to left A,B,C rather than left to right. Also the rows 1,2,3 are on the right side of the screen and sheet tabs are 3,2,1... Basically everything is backwards! We can't figure out how she did that! Thanks for any help! ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Tools, Options, International Tab, de-select the option under ...

" the operation failed due to network or other communication problems"
I am trying to use the SEND TO feature in Excel 2000. When I click on SEND TO as attachment I receive the error " the operation failed due to network or other communication problems" Anyone know the cause of this ? Thanks Ed Edward <Ed@myoffice.com> wrote: > I am trying to use the SEND TO feature in Excel 2000. > When I click on SEND TO as attachment I receive the error > > > " the operation failed due to network or other communication problems" > Anyone know the cause of this ? > > > Thanks > > > Ed You would need to be...