Print several reports based on criteria in a form

I am cross posting this in both the Forms and the Reports forums.

Let me apologize in advance because this is going to be somewhat
scattered and somewhat hypothetical at the moment because I don't have
a clue where to begin.  I will do my best to make it coherent.

I have a form (frmBids) with two sub forms (sbfBids & sbfBidSubs).
The main form has several fields regarding the Bid Proposal --- Bid
Contact, Bid Company, Due Date, Bid Contract (Prime or Sub), among
others.  The sbfBids subform is visible all the time.  This sub form
includes information on the work that is being requested to be
performed.  The sbfBidSubs is only visible if Bid Contract has 'SUB'
selected.  This sub form allows for the user to enter in other
companies that are bidding on the same bid proposal and my company
would be a sub contractor to one of these companies.

Ok so here is what I want to do with the form, now that I have all the
background information presented.

I want to be able to click a print button on the form and have it
print out a Bid Proposal report (rptBidProposal) and automatically
fill out all the information regarding the bid (Name, Company, Job,
Due Date, etc).  And if it is a sub contract, have it print the
information from the sbfBidSubs sub form.  Then repeat the report for
each name listed in the sub form.  So if the bid has 4 separate
companies listed in the sbfBidSubs sub form, I want it to
automatically print out four separate Bid Proposals, changing the
contact info for each of the companies.

I hope this makes sense and moreover, I hope there is someone out here
who can assist me.
Thank you in advance!

0
Eric

Write Name of Report Query in Report Footer
Is it possible to programmatically write the name of the query the report is based on in a text box in the report footer. "Steve Stad" <SteveStad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A1B0F793-C14A-4101-AB45-807BE72A4A11@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to programmatically write the name of the query the report > is based on in a text box in the report footer. Place a text box on your report, and set its Control Source property to: =[Report].[RecordSource] -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users...

when generate monthly report money 2003 reports error and close automatically
I am running money 2003 on my windows xp for over a year, never has a problem but until today. When I try to generate the monthly report for June, there is popup error message saying that the program has encountered some problems and needs to close and whether I want to send those technical error details to MS, and besides this I got an option to check it if I want money to reopen. The program still able to generate monthly reports for previous months and even the month in progress but not June! Can someone point me the direction to rectify this problem ( I have tried to uninstall and reinsta...

Login with pwd & Open the main form depends on pwd
We have three groups of user that will use our database. Administrator (my boss & me), PowerUser (Manager / Supervisor) & NormalUser (clerk) Now, my front-end .accde will open my designed form – (main menu1) without any control. What we are planning are : 1. Users should have input their password (user can change by themselves) before they can login into the main menu. 2. Different class of user can open their own menu only (eg. Poweruser will open Frm_MainMenu1 & NormalUser will open Frm_MainMenu2 …) that depend on what password they input Could you give...

printing copies

Smartlist report #3
In the SmartList reports, there is one called Account Summary, with a field called Balance for Calculation. That field has a drop down with (2) choices: Net Change or Period Balance. I have never been able to return any data if I use the "Period Balance" choice. Anyone know what I may be doing wrong? Merle Merle, You're not doing anything wrong. Basically, that field is useless in that particular SmartList. Personally I don't find much use for that SmartList in general. I know it sounds promising, but you're not going to get what you're looking for from...

Ghosted print and print preview

code wild card value for form variable
i use a check box in an option group to generate a specific value for a variable. using the following code If Forms![fee sched form]![select region] = 2 Then Forms![fee sched form]![region var] = "Roch" End If If Forms![fee sched form]![select region] = 3 Then Forms![fee sched form]![region var] = "CNY" End If this variable is hidden on the form and value is used a query. how do i code this, so i can put "*" in the variable and thereby get all values in the query? the query code generates like "*" but i do not know how to code via the fo...

Simple date on form
Hi. I need to show the current date in a text box on a form, allow tha date to be edited if need be by the user, then when the user clicks th save button, save the edited (or if not edited, current date) to th worksheet. I also don't want the date to read mm/dd/yy. I would lik it to read dd/mm/yy. I'm pretty sure I know how to save to the worksheet, but I thought had better mention it, as there may be some little trick to it!. Can anyone help me please -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Do you need it to be on a form? using an input box would be easier, somethi...

Print Dynamic Range

Report from Access 2003 to 2007 problem

TCP/IP printing

sumproduct .. validating 2 criterias (multiple tabs)
hi guys, i am trying to add additional functionality to my Project Budget Expendature worksheet of which some of you may have seen. anyways, the idea is to have sumproduct calculate all items that have the same GL code & date of which it was purchased (date of purchase) currently i have the following TAB: Spend Calendar ROW C8:N8 = Month #'s (Jan, feb ect) COL B13:B36 = GL Codes (130000,190000 ect) TAB: 001-013 (13 tabs) CELL C6 = Date of Purchase COL C24:C37 = GL Codes of each item within the purchase COL J24:J37 = Total cost of the item which the GL Code is related to can someon...

Printing booklet

GL Cross-Reference Report - no results
Trying to use the GL cross-reference report to reprint posting journals but I'm not getting any results. I've checked to confirm that all audit trail codes are marked to allow reprints. In the report options I've tried using open years, historical years, priting by JE range, audit trail, dates, source documents but nothing is returned regardless of the combination. On your report options window, do you have one of the account types checked off under 'Include'. It's on the left side of the window near the top. Kind regards, Leslie "irishjamr&q...

Check printing in GP 7.0

Running Reports
Hello all, I've created a report that has the information that I've selected in it and everything is fine. But there are times I need to print out one persons statement instead of printing the entire report over. I know that I could do a query, but I would like to use the format of my creadted report. Is there a way I can access my created report and have it give me the information I want and not have to run the entire report? If you can help me. I would certainly appreciate it. Thank you. Using a query will not change the format of report. Create the query. Open the re...

Cannot protect form
I have a form that I have created. I am ready to protect it, but "Yes, start enforcing protection" is greyed out. What might be wrong? Thanks! Sorry, accitentally posted in wrong area. "Kila" wrote: > I have a form that I have created. I am ready to protect it, but "Yes, start > enforcing protection" is greyed out. What might be wrong? Thanks! Could you clarify what you're doing? Outlook has no command like that. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Admini...

Custom Reports #6
Hi, I need a custom report. does anyone knows someone who can do it? thanks, Sacha Hi there, Retail Analytics from Professional Adavantage will enable you to get any of your RMS data into Excel. Retail Analytics for Microsoft RMS is designed to help retailers manage their business by delivering analytical reporting on business performance. Easily identify trends, buying patterns, seasonality, and other key performance indicators for your business. If you enter it in RMS you can report on it in Retail Analytics. We also demonstrations of this product on your data - if you are i...

"Tiled" print setting.

CHtmlView and Printing

Incorrect Tax-Inclusive Reports
Has anyone else noticed that the tax-inclusive reports in HQ and Store Manager give false information? The sales totals after tax are based on (TransactionEntry.Price * TransactionEntry.Quantity) - TransactionEntry.SalesTax. The totals of (price * quantity) already exclude tax! They are taking it out twice, which gives falsely lower sales totals. I have corrected the report for myself, but before I contact Microsoft, I would be interested to know if anyone else has brought it to their attention. price column is including tax on our set up base on the price source. So the report...

Problems with printing

data from sql to pdf form
how can i merge data like customer name, address, etc. from sql to a pdf form? thank sam Idea #1 Sql Server Reporting Services. PDF is one export option. You should supply which version(s) of Sql Server you have.............the more information you provide, the more exact any tips can be. "Sam" <focus10@zahav.net.il> wrote in message news:uUqHHPLhKHA.5424@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > how can i merge data like customer name, address, etc. from sql to a pdf > form? > > thank > sam > > sql server 2000 &quo...