Print Access report in DOS format

Hello,
I need to send Access Invoices to a customer, they are using IBM AS400 with
4224 printer which is 1 of the system 3x printers attachable to the AS400.
They want the invoices in ascii format.
What I did is,I print the Invoice in Preview and save it as Text File and I
Email it to them. If I send them one invoice only, they can print it, but if
I combine more invoices, the first page prints ok but the second page is
off. It looks like a form length problem of some kind or maybe an end of
form control character. I'm not sure.
Is there a way to output the report in ascii format?

Thanks everybody

0
katz

You can output a report as text and I would try outputting each invoice as a
separate report. Either use:

DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport, "ReportName", acFormatTXT, "ReportPath.txt"

or use the older, but always workable Open syntax:

Open "C:\Invoice:" For Output As #1
Print #1, rst!InvoiceNumber
...'.
Close #1

--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

"katz" <abekatz@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I need to send Access Invoices to a customer, they are using IBM AS400
> with 4224 printer which is 1 of the system 3x printers attachable to the
> AS400.
> They want the invoices in ascii format.
> What I did is,I print the Invoice in Preview and save it as Text File and
> I Email it to them. If I send them one invoice only, they can print it,
> but if I combine more invoices, the first page prints ok but the second
> page is off. It looks like a form length problem of some kind or maybe an
> end of form control character. I'm not sure.
> Is there a way to output the report in ascii format?
>
> Thanks everybody

0
Arvin

Using 2003 runtime, Access 2007 installed...
Hi Dumb-ish question:- Is it possible to run an Access ADE under the 2003 runtime, if Office 2007 is already installed on the PC? All help gratefully received. TIA Steve "CyberDwarf" <sdi@lineone.net> wrote: >Is it possible to run an Access ADE under the 2003 runtime, if Office 2007 >is already installed on the PC? Yes. This assumes that the version of Office 2007 does not contain Access 2007. Tony -- Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP Please respond only in the newsgroups so that others can read the entire thread of messages. Microsoft Access Links, ...

printing copies

Ghosted print and print preview

Access Database Memo field to CString translation
When calling the RecordSet's MoveNext Function to a record set with a long Memo Field the CDBException reports an error "Data Trunc" and throws me out of the loop. How can I avoid this error? Thanks, Paul I found the answer from this earlier reply to the same question. Wasim Sadiq Feb 11 1999, 3:00 am show options Newsgroups: microsoft.public.vc.mfc From: "Wasim Sadiq" <w...@dstc.edu.au> - Find messages by this author Date: 1999/02/11 Subject: Re: CRecordset and Access Reply to Author | Forward | Print | Individual Message | Show original | Report Abuse...

Smartlist report #3
In the SmartList reports, there is one called Account Summary, with a field called Balance for Calculation. That field has a drop down with (2) choices: Net Change or Period Balance. I have never been able to return any data if I use the "Period Balance" choice. Anyone know what I may be doing wrong? Merle Merle, You're not doing anything wrong. Basically, that field is useless in that particular SmartList. Personally I don't find much use for that SmartList in general. I know it sounds promising, but you're not going to get what you're looking for from...

Print Dynamic Range

Report from Access 2003 to 2007 problem

TCP/IP printing

Send Email with Access 2007
I used the code below in Access 2002 and it worked fine. Just upgraded to Access 2007 and I am getting an error message as I try to send an email. The error message is: ‘The command or action ‘SendObject’ isn’t available now’ I have set a reference to Microsoft Outlook 10.0 Object Library I have MS Office 2007 installed (and Outlook 2007 is installed) but the reference seems to be pointing to Outlook 2002. I referenced the highest order of Outlook that I could find in my available references. I’ve seen higher order references in the list; for instance I have a reference...

Printing booklet

GL Cross-Reference Report - no results
Trying to use the GL cross-reference report to reprint posting journals but I'm not getting any results. I've checked to confirm that all audit trail codes are marked to allow reprints. In the report options I've tried using open years, historical years, priting by JE range, audit trail, dates, source documents but nothing is returned regardless of the combination. On your report options window, do you have one of the account types checked off under 'Include'. It's on the left side of the window near the top. Kind regards, Leslie "irishjamr&q...

Running Reports
Hello all, I've created a report that has the information that I've selected in it and everything is fine. But there are times I need to print out one persons statement instead of printing the entire report over. I know that I could do a query, but I would like to use the format of my creadted report. Is there a way I can access my created report and have it give me the information I want and not have to run the entire report? If you can help me. I would certainly appreciate it. Thank you. Using a query will not change the format of report. Create the query. Open the re...

Conditioal formatting problem
I have a column with conditional formatting applied. Say I'm formatting cell E4. The column shows the number within a processing cycle which need warning traffic lights when certain days are reached so far I have set up: Condition 1 shows orange if the cell value is between 9 and 11. Condition 2 shows red if the cell value is greater than or equal to 12. My problem is that I need a 3rd condition to grey out cell E4 if a date is entered into cell G4. I've tried all sorts but the formatting will not work. Firstly can someone suggest a formula for condition 3. Secondly do I actua...

Check printing in GP 7.0

Custom Reports #6
Hi, I need a custom report. does anyone knows someone who can do it? thanks, Sacha Hi there, Retail Analytics from Professional Adavantage will enable you to get any of your RMS data into Excel. Retail Analytics for Microsoft RMS is designed to help retailers manage their business by delivering analytical reporting on business performance. Easily identify trends, buying patterns, seasonality, and other key performance indicators for your business. If you enter it in RMS you can report on it in Retail Analytics. We also demonstrations of this product on your data - if you are i...

"Tiled" print setting.

CHtmlView and Printing

format cells option not working
when i highlight some cells and try to format them nothing happends, workbook and sheets are not protected, cells in question dot not have any data in them at all, totaly blank! if they are locked how can i findout? and how to unlock them? Thanks, Steve Maybe this? OFF: Changes to Fill Color and Fill Pattern Are Not Displayed http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;320531 -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Steven" <me@where.why> wrote in message news:K3Yfc.2505$UG1.744@newsfe5-gui.server.ntli.net... > when i highlight some cells and...

Problems with printing

Incorrect Tax-Inclusive Reports
Has anyone else noticed that the tax-inclusive reports in HQ and Store Manager give false information? The sales totals after tax are based on (TransactionEntry.Price * TransactionEntry.Quantity) - TransactionEntry.SalesTax. The totals of (price * quantity) already exclude tax! They are taking it out twice, which gives falsely lower sales totals. I have corrected the report for myself, but before I contact Microsoft, I would be interested to know if anyone else has brought it to their attention. price column is including tax on our set up base on the price source. So the report...

Multiple Bar Chart Formats
How do I combine a bar chart with summary data (for example, 5 categories of summary data) with a stacked bar chart (a sixth category made up of the parts that make the summary)? For example, I have 6 construction projects. I wish to show summary data for five of the projects (assume they are complete) as a bar chart. I have 4 categories of subtotals that make up each summary. In the case of the sixth project, wish to show these sub totals as a stacked bar. I want to do this on one chart. I think you want a stacked chart for all of this if I understand your question. Set up your data ...

Printing--How not to Print Bkground

Printing in Vista