Position Cursor

When I click on Add a form from the switchboard, how do I tell it where to
place the cursor.  When my form loads, I would like to cursor to be in the
fieldname 'Sign In Date'

Thx

On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 16:19:01 -0700,
Summingmultiplefieldsonaform@discussions.microsoft.com wrote:

> When I click on Add a form from the switchboard, how do I tell it where to
> place the cursor.  When my form loads, I would like to cursor to be in the
> fieldname 'Sign In Date'
>
> Thx

Either ....
1)  Set the Tab Order for the [Sign in Date] control to position 0.
In Design View, click on View + Tab Order
When you open the form that control will have the focus.

or...
2)  Code the form's Load event:
Me![Sign in Date].SetFocus
Only the first record will have [Sign in Date] the focus:

or
3)  Code the Form's Current event:
Me![Sign in Date].SetFocus
Each time you go to the next record, that control will have the focus.

--
Fred
Please respond only to this newsgroup.
On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 16:19:01 -0700, Summing multiple fields on a form
<Summingmultiplefieldsonaform@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>When I click on Add a form from the switchboard, how do I tell it where to
>place the cursor.  When my form loads, I would like to cursor to be in the
>fieldname 'Sign In Date'
>
>Thx

Put VBA code or a macro in the form's Load event to setfocus to the desired
control.
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

Private Sub Form_Load()
 Sign_In_Date.SetFocus
End Sub

BTW, it's a very bad practice to use names that have spaces in them, as it
requires a number of different extras things, depending on what you're doing,
to handle them..

SignInDate

is much better than

Sign In Date

Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003

Linq
3/27/2010 12:52:42 AM
Thx Fredg.....As you can probably tell, I'm new and teaching myself. I
appreciate the help.

"fredg" wrote:

> On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 16:19:01 -0700,
> Summingmultiplefieldsonaform@discussions.microsoft.com wrote:
>
> > When I click on Add a form from the switchboard, how do I tell it where to
> > place the cursor.  When my form loads, I would like to cursor to be in the
> > fieldname 'Sign In Date'
> >
> > Thx
>
> Either ....
> 1)  Set the Tab Order for the [Sign in Date] control to position 0.
> In Design View, click on View + Tab Order
> When you open the form that control will have the focus.
>
> or...
> 2)  Code the form's Load event:
> Me![Sign in Date].SetFocus
> Only the first record will have [Sign in Date] the focus:
>
> or
> 3)  Code the Form's Current event:
> Me![Sign in Date].SetFocus
> Each time you go to the next record, that control will have the focus.
>
> --
> Fred
> Please respond only to this newsgroup.
> I do not reply to personal e-mail
> .

Cursor Behavior Changed
I'm working on my sheet and when I hit enter after entering a row of data it would take me to the beginning of the next row. (I have no idea what I did to change that.) .Now it just goes to the next cell. So I went into options>advanced>after selecting enter move cursor> I get the following options up: down: left: right I can't get it to function the way it was previously. It will only move one cell now in either of those directions. Is there a way to get it back? Jim Excel never worked that way by default. Tab, Tab, Tab then ENTER will take you back to column you st...

change horizontal header position in excel
Anyone know how to change the horizontal position of the HEADER or FOOTER in EXCEL???? I would greatly appreciate any help. Thank you for your time. pico Wrote: > Anyone know how to change the horizontal position of the HEADER o > FOOTER in > EXCEL???? I would greatly appreciate any help. Thank you for your time. Pico, Can't you go into View/Header-Footer and use the "Left-Center-Right" catagories? You could use spaces in front of your data to move back an forth. Dav -- Piranh ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Piranha's Profi...

Position Transfers with GP 10 SP3 HR Position Control?
Is there anyone out there using GP 10 SP3 HR Position Control who knows how to do Employee Transfers? I'm trying to define the proper workflow for transferring/promoting an employee from one position seat to another and I think that I may have been missing something because at the end, even though I set an end date, I see 2 assigned positions: the old one and the new one; this includes Employee Seats, Position History, Organization Explorer, etc. Here are my steps at a high level: 1. With the Employee ID to be transferred, open Position Seats (Cards >> Human Resources >>...

Subtracting positive amts from negative and positive from positive
I have a problem with a spreadsheet that SOMETIMES would result in subtracting positive amounts from negative where I would want the result to show negative but only the difference between the negative and the positive. In other words, if B9 is negative and B31 is positive then I want the negative in B9 to be reduced by the positive in B31 and reflect a negative amount (ie. -900 minus +200 = -700) but sometimes the amount in B9 is positive and B31 is positive and so then I just want B31 subtracted from B9 to reflect a positive (i.e. +900 minus +200 = +700). I found another an...

Extending XmlDocument and associated classes to provide character positions.
OK here's is what I wish to do. I have an XML file that I want to read into an XmlDocument. I then want to be able to interrogate the XmlNodes to find both their start AND end character positions within the original file. So e.g. <tagA><tagB>sometext</tagB></tagA> ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ 0 6 12 19 26 33 tagA: start=0, end=33 tagB: start=6, end=26 sometext: start=12, end=19 I have seen the LineInfo example within the .net docs, see: "Extending the DOM" ms-help://MS.VSCC/MS.MSDNVS/cpguide/html/cpconextendingdom.htm and ...

Which one do I position?
I am displaying a formview object called CVendorView in a childFrame called CVendorCF. I display this on the screen and resize the childframe to fit the view. I would like to place my different views in various spots on the desktop when the user clicks on the appropriate menu item. Which one do I move or set a position for the childframe or the formview? William Gower wrote: > I am displaying a formview object called CVendorView in a childFrame called > CVendorCF. I display this on the screen and resize the childframe to fit > the view. I would like to place my different views...

CListCtrl: want to be able to select a row at any position along it's length in report-view
I've set up a basic CListCtrl in the dialog editor (with headings) and i've noticed that i can only select the items in the first column to select a particular row and that only the item in the first column is highlighted when selected. Most other software with a similar display (e.g. outlook express) actually allows a row to be selected by clicking anywhere on a particular row and also highlights the entire row when selected. Is there some kind of special "style" setting for this type of behaviour - has anyone else out there noticed/fixed this problem? Regards, Kar...

Axapta Positions! CRM Positions!
Hello Everyone, I thought to get in touch with you all in regards tomy Axapta Positions We now have several Permanent and Contract positions available throughout the United States that require NO relocation. We are looking for the following candidates: Axapta Developers/Programmers, Systems Administrators, Project Managers, Functional Consultants with experience in the following modules: Trade and Logistics, Financials, Production, Manufacturing/Warehouse Management, etc. Our Contract positions require 70 percent travel and also allow for remote work. Contract length can start at 3 or 6...

Cursor position?
I would like that when I open workbook, cursor and view appears from first cell (A1). I have put in workbook open event Range("A1").Select , but workbooks open in the middle (vertical) of worksheet, depending where is cursor when I exit workbook. I hope I explained well, I want that I can see cell A1 when I open workbook, and that workbook doesn't open in middle of worksheet. If someone can help? Thank you Marc, Try this - add the macro to the ThisWorkbook module of your workbook. Save the workbook, close it and reopen it. All sheets should open up to cell A1. Private...

Cursor Placement #2
I have a shared workbook which many users on different shifts modify daily. Two users are complaining that every time they open the workbook, the cursor defaults to a particular cell, rather then to the last place they worked before saving and closing. If they do a "Find" before moving the cursor from that particular cell, the response is that the information is not found - even though the information is there on the sheet. Is there any way to prevent the cursor from reverting to that same cell each time the workbook opens? -- "A" You have to save the information be...

Set position into a worksheet using vba
I created a chart as an object in a worksheet, but can't set the position inside it. Any help? Thanks in advanced How did you create the chart object? This allows you to define the position exactly: Worksheets("Sheet1").ChartObjects.Add(100,150,300,225) where the numbers are left, top, width, and height of the chart object in points with respect to the top left of the sheet. For an existing chart, again you should adjust the chart object, which is the parent object of the chart: With ActiveChart.Parent .Left = 100 .Top = 150 .Width = 300 .Hei...

Need a Position in CHtmlView #2
Hello. I need to get a position of tag in Chtmlview. I found 'AbsolutePosition' in CWebBrowser2, but I don't know to use it. Please help me. Thanks. ...

Number position
I would like to count the Lottery position as a total per number . Such as Sheet2 would have the base data: Date 1 2 3 4 5 6 12/22/2006 40 3 38 22 25 48 12/23/2006 40 48 1 49 13 14 On Sheet1 the count would occur. Therefore, 6/49 would be the following. Number 1 2 3 4 5 6 1 1 2 1 : 40 2 : 48 ...

positioning of pictures
Hello I am working on a Masters dissertation in Word 2007 in which I want to use photographs and captions. Following advice on the boards, I have used Insert Frame/ photo set to In line - and Insert Caption - which seems to be working reasonably OK. However, I am having problems positioning the pictures precisely where I want them to go with the text. (I am coming from using Publisher for this sort of thing - but Word is the preferred format for sending drafts to my tutor so need to get to grips with it). Basically - 1. How do I position the frame so that the photograph l...

.position
I am trying to use the DataLabel.Position contruct to change the position of a data label based on which series of chart data that it represents. Using a statement like DataLabel.Position = xlDataLabelAbove seems to work fine in a macro. When I try to use the same code within a vB function I get an error on the statement line. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Just guessing, but I suspect you didn't set the parent's .HasDataLabel = True before you tried to set the property. This certainly applies to setting properties of axes, so I'd be surprised if it didn't apply t...

Windows Positioning problem
Hi, I want to position the windows belonging to same thread and process to be in position such a way that no other window should appear/positioned in between them. Is there any way to do this please let me know. Thanks Anup <anup.kataria@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1163678463.382822.101820@k70g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I want to position the windows belonging to same thread and process to > be in position such a way that no other window should appear/positioned > in between them. > You can use EnumThreadWindows() to iterate the thread's wi...

how to get caret position of another app ?
Hello everyone, I need to get the caret position of another app, whe that app has focus, not my app. I can use GetForegroundWindow (i winAPI ) to get the onfocus app, but I don't know which message to sen to that app to get back the caret pos, anyone knows, plz help, thank alot - maitun ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.codecomments.co ----------------------------------------------------------------------- >Hello everyone, I need to get the caret position of another app, when >that app has focus, not my app. I can use ...

Position a chart according to the position of the userform
Dear all, In VBA, I am trying to move a chart according to the position of a userform. How do I calculate the x and y position of the chart so that it will be aligned with the position of the userform. Thank you Gaetan On Mar 3, 4:15=A0pm, Gaetan <gmourm...@gmail.com> wrote: > Dear all, > > In VBA, I am trying to move a chart according to the position of a > userform. > > How do I calculate the x and y position of the chart so that it will > be aligned with the position of the userform. > > Thank you > > Gaetan I found how to...

Charts and Value Axis positions
I copied a worksheet (excel) with Charts and changed the source data. Now my value axis is on the right hand side of my chart and I need it back on the left hand side. Does anyone know what I should do? I am using Office 2000. Double click on the category axis, and on the scale tab, select an appropriate value for "Value axis crosses at". - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Ladybug wrote: > I copied a worksheet (excel) with Charts and changed the source data. Now my > ...

Outstanding Permanent Position- Great Plains/Dynamic Administrator
Hello, My client is a fast growing services firm in Central New Jersey seeking a highly experienced technical System Administrator for their MS Great Plains installation. Compensation and Benefits are well above average, Timing is key - if interested and available, please forward your resume ASAP to: david.haberfield@systemoneservices.com Dave ...

Deleted Watch Investment Still Gets Updated
I had a few investments in a watch account and deleted them all several months ago. for some reason i can't get rid of one of them. every single time i do an online update, my investment account shows a "Transaction to Review". I click on the link to review and it brings up the "Review investment holdings" page...everything is fine here, so i click next. at this point i get the "Posistion Matching" window which says: "The positions reported on the mm/dd/yyyy statement don't match those in your Money account. Do you want Money to update your ...

Formula to make Negative Values Positive & Positive Values Negative?
I would like to know if there is any way to have a formula/function that takes a value from another cell (I know how to do that part) and then makes the number negative if the original is positive - or else makes the number positive if the original is negative. Any ideas? -- mustard ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mustard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=20017 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=470855 Just multiply it by -1 example: =-1*A1 "mustard" wrote: ...

Window position
I am trying to get a window to appear along the bottom of my application window (it's a message window like in the Borland C++ 5 IDE). I override PreCreateWindow yet it still doesn't seem to work. Thanks. BOOL CMessageWnd::PreCreateWindow(CREATESTRUCT& cs) { // TODO: Add your specialized code here and/or call the base class CRect aRect; theApp.m_pMainWnd->GetClientRect(aRect); theApp.m_pMainWnd->ClientToScreen(aRect); cs.cx = aRect.Width(); cs.cy = 170; cs.x = 0; cs.y = aRect.bottom - cs.cy - 25; return CMDIChildWnd::PreCreateWindow(cs); } Master Programmer, ...

Alternating Positioning of Header 05-11-10

adding positive integers in a column or row
Hi Excel Guru! I have template that needs some fine tuning, how can I compute for th sum of + integers ONLY. adding all cells including te ones wit negative values will screw up my computations. Thanks!!!! = -- jason710 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jason7100's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1676 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31961 Hi =SUMIF(A1:A100,">0") -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "jason7100" <jason7100.1g5sby@excelforum...