Position 2nd Form according to 1st Form

I have 2 Forms. When the 1st Form is openned and want I open the 2nd Form, I
want it to position itself about 15cm form the Left and 20cm from the top of
the 1st Form. I am using Access 2003, Thanks.

"AY" <AY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have 2 Forms. When the 1st Form is openned and want I open the 2nd Form,
> want it to position itself about 15cm form the Left and 20cm from the top
> of
> the 1st Form. I am using Access 2003, Thanks.

You should be able to use Nicole Calinoiu's FormWindow class to accomplish
this.  It's posted here:

    http://www.mvps.org/access/forms/frm0042.htm
    Forms: Move and Resize form windows from code

--
Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP
www.datagnostics.com

(please reply to the newsgroup)

0
Dirk

How to access an instance of a form in forms collection
Hi, I define a new instance of a form as dim Frm(10) as Form_MyForm such that I can open 10 instances of the same form. Later I define new instances as set Frm(n) = New Form_MyForm several times. I now have several MyForms on my desktop. The addresses are stored in Frm(n) I want to access the data on one of Frm(n) from another module but I have problems. I cannot find out the index number of Frm(n) in Forms collection. Neither can I pass the address of Myform to another module. I will appreciate any help. Thanks - Kamil The question is what or "...

Position Transfers with GP 10 SP3 HR Position Control?
Is there anyone out there using GP 10 SP3 HR Position Control who knows how to do Employee Transfers? I'm trying to define the proper workflow for transferring/promoting an employee from one position seat to another and I think that I may have been missing something because at the end, even though I set an end date, I see 2 assigned positions: the old one and the new one; this includes Employee Seats, Position History, Organization Explorer, etc. Here are my steps at a high level: 1. With the Employee ID to be transferred, open Position Seats (Cards >> Human Resources >>...

Sort Data on a Form and Subform
I have a form with a subform based on a query, how can I get the data to sort on the main form, then another sort on the subform. I know this must be basic, but I sure can't find it. If they both use the same query then sort both fields but make sure that the high order sort is to the left of the other in design view before saving. If they use separate queries then just sort each as needed. -- Build a little, test a little. "bg1" wrote: > I have a form with a subform based on a query, how can I get the data to sort > on the main form, then another so...

Refresh form after macro updates fields
I'm using Access 07. I have a form Employees based on a table of the same name. I also have a form Policies also based on a table of that same name. Table Employees contains basic personal information on employees, while Policies contains insurance policy information. The policies table also contains some of the same info as the Employees table (name, DOB, etc ...) An employee may have multiple policies. On the data entry form Employees, the user enters the basic employee info (name, DOB, SSN, etc ...) then clicks a button to open the entry form for Policies. On the Po...

Subreport on a Form?
Hello Access Monsters, Can you display a Subreport on a form? I am using Listboxes so that users can pick options in order to display facts on topics. Currently, I am just enabling the visibility of command buttons that open the reports containing the facts on whichever topic the user has selected. BUT it would be great if I could just house the report as a subreport on the form, and just enable its visibility whenever the user selects the corresponding topic from the Listboxes. I've used a locked subform, but I was thinking that a subreport would look nicer/more profess...

change horizontal header position in excel
Anyone know how to change the horizontal position of the HEADER or FOOTER in EXCEL???? I would greatly appreciate any help. Thank you for your time. pico Wrote: > Anyone know how to change the horizontal position of the HEADER o > FOOTER in > EXCEL???? I would greatly appreciate any help. Thank you for your time. Pico, Can't you go into View/Header-Footer and use the "Left-Center-Right" catagories? You could use spaces in front of your data to move back an forth. Dav -- Piranh ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Piranha's Profi...

Subtracting positive amts from negative and positive from positive
I have a problem with a spreadsheet that SOMETIMES would result in subtracting positive amounts from negative where I would want the result to show negative but only the difference between the negative and the positive. In other words, if B9 is negative and B31 is positive then I want the negative in B9 to be reduced by the positive in B31 and reflect a negative amount (ie. -900 minus +200 = -700) but sometimes the amount in B9 is positive and B31 is positive and so then I just want B31 subtracted from B9 to reflect a positive (i.e. +900 minus +200 = +700). I found another an...

Play a video file in form
Hii Play a video file in form in Access program Hoping someone will give the correct answer. Thanks in advance, This might be what you are looking for http://www.fmsinc.com/MicrosoftAccess/controls/components/video/avi-player.htm -- Hope this helps, Daniel Pineault http://www.cardaconsultants.com/ For Access Tips and Examples: http://www.devhut.net Please rate this post using the vote buttons if it was helpful. "Spier2vb" wrote: > Hii > Play a video file in form in Access program > > Hoping someone will give the correct answer. &g...

Extending XmlDocument and associated classes to provide character positions.
OK here's is what I wish to do. I have an XML file that I want to read into an XmlDocument. I then want to be able to interrogate the XmlNodes to find both their start AND end character positions within the original file. So e.g. <tagA><tagB>sometext</tagB></tagA> ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ 0 6 12 19 26 33 tagA: start=0, end=33 tagB: start=6, end=26 sometext: start=12, end=19 I have seen the LineInfo example within the .net docs, see: "Extending the DOM" ms-help://MS.VSCC/MS.MSDNVS/cpguide/html/cpconextendingdom.htm and ...

CListCtrl: want to be able to select a row at any position along it's length in report-view
I've set up a basic CListCtrl in the dialog editor (with headings) and i've noticed that i can only select the items in the first column to select a particular row and that only the item in the first column is highlighted when selected. Most other software with a similar display (e.g. outlook express) actually allows a row to be selected by clicking anywhere on a particular row and also highlights the entire row when selected. Is there some kind of special "style" setting for this type of behaviour - has anyone else out there noticed/fixed this problem? Regards, Kar...

Form creates unwanted record
I have a form for a database whereby I can insert criteria and then, by clicking a "Preview Report" button I can retrieve the information I'm seeking. The problem is that every time I ask for a report the process also creates a new record that contains only the information I input into the form. Somewhere I have an erroneous setting but I can't find where it is. Thanks in advance for any help. Butch On Sat, 24 Mar 2007 10:35:16 -0500, "- Butch" <b76ruehle@ptd.net> wrote: >I have a form for a database whereby I can insert criteria and then, ...

Sub Forms
I Have two Tables. the first holds various information with it's own Primary Key and also a Supplier ID "SW_Opp" that identifies a Supplier. The second "Suppliers" Table holds the "SupplierNo" number as the primary key and lists the "SupplierName" plus other info about the supplier. The first table "SW_Opp" is the same as the second table "SupplierID" and they are linked in the Relationship. I have a Sub Form that has its record source from the First Table, so all the Text boxes have their control Souce based on that ...

How to import a 2nd email address to Outlook & import its emails
Have just set up Outlook 07, and added my main email address to it. However, i have a second email address which has a number of emails i want in outlook, but i cannot seem to import them, although following the same tactic as worked for the first email address. So, wonder if anyone knew why - or if its possible. Failing that, does anyone know a better way than individualling forwearding all messages, a method of bulk forwarding from a googlemail address to Outlook? Where are the other messages and account? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ ...

Addition in a Form
I'm trying to add the numbers from two different text boxes together in a third text box. Pretty straightforward, right? Well, instead of getting the sum of the two numbers, Access is putting the number from the first text box next to the number from the second text box like so: 13 + 2 = 132 The funny thing is that if I subtract the numbers, the formula works just fine. 13 - 2 = 11 Can someone please explain what's going on? Thanks. Make sure both fields are number fields. If so then =[field1]-[field2] should work. "DoveArrow" wrote: > I'm trying to add the n...

Search a record from a query and display it on the single form
Hi, I have a form contains a sub form and a search button. The sub form is a single form displaying a record from a query one at time. If I want to search a record from the query and display the retrieve the record on the same single form using the search button. How can I do it? Thanks Hi, sounds like you want to be able to filter the main form. Put a combo on the main form that allows a user to choose from a list the record to display in the subform. On the combo's after update event you could use a filter If Not IsNull(Me.cboComboName) Then Me.Filter = "YourTableName.I...

2nd vertical axis
I have read the thread on adding a second axis for one of my series. But when I choose (under format serier) a secondary axis, Excel is combining my two series together into 1 bar (with 2 different colors). What I want is for each category axis unit, TWO bars, each a different color, and each tied to a different vertical axis (left and right). Surely this is possible? Any ideas? Many thanks Ben Ben, you need to make the second data series a point plot instead of a line. this way, it'll place the points over top of the lines. >-----Original Message----- >I have read the ...

Which one do I position?
I am displaying a formview object called CVendorView in a childFrame called CVendorCF. I display this on the screen and resize the childframe to fit the view. I would like to place my different views in various spots on the desktop when the user clicks on the appropriate menu item. Which one do I move or set a position for the childframe or the formview? William Gower wrote: > I am displaying a formview object called CVendorView in a childFrame called > CVendorCF. I display this on the screen and resize the childframe to fit > the view. I would like to place my different views...

Newb Question on Tables/Forms
I am using Word 2003. I have inserted checkboxes into the first cell of a row in a Word table. I did this using the Forms menu. When I click on the checkboxes, they do not populate with a check mark. My cursor will only go before or after the checkbox, but not in it. It=92s as if the macro isn=92t working. Are there some settings I need to change/add? Thank you very much. You must protect the document for forms before the check boxes become usable. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Cardinal" &l...

Axapta Positions! CRM Positions!
Hello Everyone, I thought to get in touch with you all in regards tomy Axapta Positions We now have several Permanent and Contract positions available throughout the United States that require NO relocation. We are looking for the following candidates: Axapta Developers/Programmers, Systems Administrators, Project Managers, Functional Consultants with experience in the following modules: Trade and Logistics, Financials, Production, Manufacturing/Warehouse Management, etc. Our Contract positions require 70 percent travel and also allow for remote work. Contract length can start at 3 or 6...

Passing data between forms
Hi I am working on a project someone else started, and he has this code: If STR_FormName = "FMS_ToDo" Then Page47.SetFocus He obviously expects the name of the last form to be here, but it is not. In fact, when I put Option Explicit at the top - this field was undefined. How is this supposed to work? Stapes ...

Last form to have focus
Is there a way to determine which form had the focus before the current one? Daniel P Yes, and I do this all the time. For ALL of my forms, I have a form level module var called Option Explicit dim frmPrevious as form. Then, in the forms on-open (in fact, you can even do this in the forms on-load)., I go: set frmPrevious = `Screen.ActiveForm Now, in my form, I *always* have a reference to the previous form. I can in code go: frmPrevous!Companyname = me!Companyname frmPrevous.Refresh ' force a disk write in the previous form etc. etc. etc. So, keep in mind that...

how do i email a form using a hyperlink? word 2007
I created a question form to be filled out and emailed back to me. I want the users to simply fill in the blanks, click a hyperlink and have the form mailed back to me. Everytime I test it, I receive a blank email back.... Vey simple form, no protection, ...

Form feeding a table problem
I am a newer user of Access and inherited a database from a person no longer with the company. I am using a form to input invoice amounts into an invoice table. The form uses a parameter query to ask for invoice number. When the form opens, I have it pulling customer info from a customer table, which it displays on the form. I then enter more invoice info. When I look at the invoice table after I close the form, the info I typed (invoice update) is there, but the customer info that is automatically pulled doesn't load from the customer table to the invoice table. How can I g...

Form field order
When preparing a protected form, how can I get the cursor to go from field to field in the order I wish? I thought it would go in the order in which I placed the form fields, but that turned out not to be the case. The form I'm trying to complete is a table where the cursor should go to the right, then down, then to the right for the rest of the form. I'm sure I've read about this somewhere--perhaps from one of you--but I can't remember. Thanks for all you've done through the years to make me a better word processor! See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/tblsf...