Popup form does not appear for some users

Access 2003: I have a popup form (Popup=Yes, Modal=No) that appears when I
open it on my PC, but does not appear when another user opens it on her PC.
I have connected remotely to her PC, can open the form in Design mode, but
when I switch to Form View, I can no longer see it. I have checked IE popup
blocker, but ironically my popup blocker is on, and her popup blocker is off.

Any thoughts?

password popup
HI, I'm using Outlook 2002 and every time i open it password window pops up. I tried everything. I changed my password with ISP, i went to the settings and verified name,password and every imaginable combination i could think of. i even went to security settings and set my privacy to low and i still get the same password pop up.Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Check you connection settings. Are they set to manual? If so, it will prompt you for your password. Check under tools email accounts and be sure the connection type is set to automatic Vickie >-----Original Messa...

Form design (Newby)
Hi, I'm real new at this and hope someone can help. I've made a form using Form Wizard, then changed the format to suit myself. The form controls come from one main table which is linked to several others. Trouble is that the form won't accept any information or even show its fields in the detail section of the form. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance. On Mar 18, 7:58 pm, "Lowlevldevl" <Don_Bla...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > I'm real new at this and hope someone can help. I've made a form using > Form Wizard, then changed the format to suit ...

Protecting cells for different users
I have a excel sheet that will be processed by different users. Is i possible to protect cells to be used only by one user? Thanks -- AndyOn ----------------------------------------------------------------------- AndyOne's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2021 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38563 Why not just give that user the password to Unprotect? Tools>Protection>Allow users to edit rang -- juli ----------------------------------------------------------------------- julie's Profile: http://ww...

Handling Popup Menu Commands in Parent ?
Hi guys, I have a CWnd-derived child window that has a popup menu (when you right click), I want to handle some (not all) of those menu commands in the parent. I can get the parent to handle them by using GetParent() in TrackPopupMenu() but then the child can't handle any. If it's a big pain I can handle them all in either the child or the parent but maybe it's pretty easy to do ? Thanks. R. I did it like this: // My Cwnd-derived custom view BOOL CLayoutView::OnCmdMsg(UINT nID,int nCode,void* pExtra,AFX_CMDHANDLERINFO* pHandlerInfo) { // let child have first crack at ...

Ask user for input during marco
I create a marco for user to run a report for display any site with inventory less than 15%, but user want to define the percentage for the site. I was able to define the box for the user input. How can I use the value to excute the marco? Here is the marco code: Sub test1() ' ' test1 Macro ' Macro recorded 11/16/2005 by County of Orange ' ' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+Shift+A ' 'Get target value from user Message = "Change values less than or equal to ..." Target = InputBox(Message) Target = Val(Target) Selection.AutoFilter ...

Form Restore Problem
Hi All, hope someone can help me with a problem I haven't been able tofigure out or research the answer for. I have created "restore" and"maximize" functions for my forms in previous databases and they workgreat, but for some reason they are not working correctly in adatabase I am now working on. In the "Activate" event of the forms, Ihave used the following code, DoCmd.Restore. When I pull up the formin the database, it restores correctly, but when I call up the formthrough the Switchboard, it always maximizes. As to the Switchboard,I have checked the cod...

Calendar dates in all users outlook
G'Day All, I am running E2K and all users are running Outlook XP on their desktops. Without visiting all users computers how can I update all users' Outlook Calendar to show the days/dates the office will be closed? Thanks I have the same problem. The only workaround I could find was to send out an email meeting invitation to everyone and instruct them to click accept (which they eagerly do if it's a holiday). If you find a better way let me know! Chris ...

Using bookmarks to select a record after form requery
I have a continuous form in an ADP linked to a SQL view. The view contains both ordering and filtering. The form is designed to display invoice lines... Some items in the invoice are grouped under a parent, and the parent line denoted by a field itemParentID, pointing to the primary key of the parent line. One field on the form is a price. When changing the price on a part which is from a group, the overall price gets updated, and vice versa. This happens in a stored procedure. What I want to happen, is that in the OnExit event for the price text box, the stored procedure is called, the form...

Restore Custom Forms in Organizational Forms
Hi, running Exchange 2003 SP2 on Windows Server 2003 SP1 backup up with Veritas Backup Exec 10d. We have some custom forms placed in the Organizational Library. Some have been deleted - how can they be restored from backup? The rest of the Org forms are OK. I do not have an Outlok PST backup of these forms - just what Veritas BE backs up. Thanks in advance! Organizational forms are in the public store, so you'd have to restore the public store before they were deleted to a recovery server, connect to it with Outlook, and get the forms. I believe that you should be able to connect ...

VB to Access form
To save a lengthy reinvention of the wheel, does anyone have a program to convert a VB form into an access form please. About six years ago, I wrote a VB6 program to convert an AS/400 screen format into a VB6 form. Once I found that Access was much easier to distribute than VB6, I modified the program to create an Access form. I would need to look in the VB form that I was converting for what I had output in the first of my programs and then do the corresponding action from the second program. This is why on this occasion I would rather pick someone else's brains if possible. M...

Moving Exch5.5 server or users from one site to another
Hi everybody, I'd like to move all maiboxes (c.a. 80 mailboxes) from one site to another (both in the same exchange root organization) and I don't know how I should do it. May I move server from site to site? Or may I move mailboxes from one to another site? Please, help Leszek The free options are: 1. Get a temporary server and move them onto that server, then use the move server wizard to take the server from site a to site b. then decomission the temporary server. 2. Exmerge all mailboxes out of one and into the other. This can be done with applications from other vendors....

Calculations on Form bound to a field in a table
Is possible to perform calculations in a field and have them stored in a table? For instance I have a call log form where users enter different types of calls that they recieve. the fields that they enter are bound to a table that tracks the calls. I can place formulas in the form that display the totals of the different calls. Can I have those totals bound to a field in my table? If the numbers that make up the calculation are already in the table, then you don't need to also store the total. It is redundant. When you need the calculated value, just calculate it. It is more...

Creating a form / card
Hi there. Was hoping someone could help, been trying for ages. All I want to do is remove all the excess cells and space from my work-sheet so that I get a nice tidy form / card. Thanks so much. Dan -- dhunter84 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ dhunter84's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=33373 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=531997 Dan, you can't remove them but you can hide them, select the rows you want to hide and format rows hide, do the same for the columns...

Linking Parent Form to a Child Form
I have two forms. One is Parent Information and One is Child Information. When I am editing an existing record in a Parent Information, I would like a button to take me directly to the parent's child in the Child Informaion. Also, when in Parent Information, when I enter a new record, I would like a button to take me to the Child Information to add a new record. Is this possible. Your help is much appreciated. Thank you. "debbiep@ywcaofjamestown.com" <debbiep@ywcaofjamestown.com> wrote in news:1191085309.369780.189680@d55g2000hsg.googlegroups.com: > I have two form...

Form base authentication
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C6EA59.0F01C140 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable This is killing me. I'm implementing form base authentication. I have = SSL and everything working but for one problem when use won't to get to owa they type mail.domain.com which then = defaults to http://mail.domain.com. the problem I'm having is that FBA need it to default to https not http. = How can I get it to default to HTTPS with out telling the uses to type = https? wayne ....

Tranferring email files form one PC to another
I realize that this question has been asked a thousand times before and I should have paid attention. . I have copied all the files with the *dbx extension to a memory stick. How do I get them from there into the Local Folders of the new PC. TIA, Hagen Sahm Assuming this is OE to OE? Did you include Folders.dbx? If yes: Backup & Restore: http://www.insideoe.com/backup/ Backing up and Cloning your OE Identities: http://www.insideoe.com/backup/clone.htm If you did not include Folders.dbx, you have some work cut out for yourself. How to restore individual dbx f...

No Current Record on form close
I think I know what's causing this but not how to fix it. I have a subform tied to my main form and when I close the main form when the subform has no records, I get a "No Current Record" error (no error number, just the text). When I close my form and the subform has associated records, everything is fine. How can I bypass or prevent this dialog box from appearing when I close a main form with no related records in the subform? Thanks! When you close a form with a SubForm, the MainForm closes 1st and then the SubForm will close. Do you have some code in the OnClose or ...

Reset Tab Order on Template Contact Detail Form
I have edited the design of the Contacts Detail Template form. How do I reset the tab order to start with the new text boxes I have entered? In Design View I selected all of the text boxes, selected Tab Order, and for the template only "tabContacts appears for the Tab Order rather than the list of text boxes in the tab order. The new items I added are on the list, but in order to make the form work, I had to move them to the top of the form. When I return to form view, select Save and New, the tab goes to my new tab "Category1" then "Category2", then it goes to...

Exchange 2003
I am setting up Exchange 2003 Enterprise on a Windows 2000 Advanced server in a Windows 2000 domain. First, does this server need to become a DC? Second, how can I limit the users so that everyone has internal local Exchange mail but only certain users can email outside of our local domain via the internet? Can I do this with a group or policy or do I need to set this within each users settings in AD? Thanks Mike No the server does not have to be a domain controller, in fact its preferred that it not be. You can create an SMTP Connector and block users from sending Internet ma...

Outlook 2003 Forms Problem
Whenever I try to open or design a form, Outlook keeps asking me to open another data file. It appears as if it thinks the default library is in another (older) data file. I have tried clearing the forms cache, renaming frmcache.dat, etc. Nothing works. Can anyone help? Thanks. What is the exact text of the error message?=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jump...

Popup required
For a longish macro (made up of a few smaller macros), what is a simple way of displaying a message box saying "operation in progress, etc", and then when the macro has finished, another message box with an OK button saying "operation completed"? For the first requirement, just create a UserForm with the appropriate message on it (I use one called 'frmWaitMsg' that just says "Building Document - Please wait...") and make sure its ShowModal property is set to false. This will allow code to run while the UserForm is displayed. Show the f...

Modifying Forms
Is there a way to relabel the label colors on the Appointment form? Do you mean to modify them or what? Modifying the label names is very easy. Right click on an appointment->Label->Edit Label. I presume you are using Outlook 2002 or 2003, correct? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Cindy MIkeworth asked: | Is there a way to relabel the label col...

move data in one form to another after calculation
OK, this is what I have. I have a main form that I put patient info into. On that form I have a button that brings up a 2nd form for weight conversion. The 2nd form consists of 2 fields and a return button to go back to the main screen. I have the conversion working, but not the moving of data from the 2nd form back to the first form. I have tried adding ' [Forms]![Patient]![BirthWeight] = [Text1] / 2.2046244' to the afterupdate action on the 2nd form 1st field. This alas does not work. TIA I'm not understanding why you need a second form. I'm not clear what you want to...

How to support clickable URL in the balloon popup from systray icon
Hi, I am working on a project which creates a sys tray icon and occasioanlly pop up ballooon message. The project is in VC++. As per our product requirement, this pop up should support clickable URLs as well, to which I am facing difficulty. I tried adding href tags to the URL, but it is showing up as plain text. Is there any way by which I can support this feature. It would be of great help, if anyone can suggest me a solution to this. Thanks in advance, Anu You will have to display the balloon yourself. Here is a an example that does have link capabilities built-in http://www.codeprojec...

Organization Forms #2
Unable to see the "Organization Forms" library in Outlook 2003. Anybody experience this ? I've created the folder below "EForms Registry" in ESM, checked permissions but the library does not show up. Enviroment: Exchange 2003, SP1,4-Node cluster, 3 Virtual Servers, Public Folder tree on 1 Virtual Server. Any help would be appreciated ! -Mike ...