record. Is there any way i can update only the current selected record rather
than the first record in the form

I would check www.allenbrowne.com and there is also some good stuff with
Martic Green at www.fontstuff.com

"SteveCastle" wrote:

> I have a form with a supplier and customer, then i have a subform within the
> form which lists the products that the customer wishes to order. In the
> subform i have four fields. Stock Reference Product, quantity and price. What
> i would like to do is choose the product and then double click on the stock
> reference, which brings up a list of all current available stock. I then can
> click on the stock i wish to take from and then the reference number will
> populate the stock reference field in the subform. The problem i have is when
> i have more than one product line, the value in the stock reference only
> changes on the first record in the subform, not on the current selected
> record. Is there any way i can update only the current selected record rather
> than the first record in the form

recording audio in notebook not working
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) hi, when i try to record a college lecture while typing my notes i cannot hear anything when i replay the file. i know my microphone works because i have used to for ichat and other things. what would be causing this? ...

Passing Field Values
Hi I have added a new button on to "Sales transaction Entry" screen. How to pass the screen control values to the corresponding button's function (in VBA) Regards Guru You will need to bring up the window and add the "control fields" to VBA. Then you can reference them in your VBA script and pass them to whatever other code you have written. David Musgrave Senior Development Consultant MBS Services - Asia Pacific Microsoft Business Solutions http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions mailto:dmusgrav@nospam-microsoft.com Any views contained within are my p...

Creating new record types in CRM 3.0 possible?
Hi, I was wondering if it is possible to create a new record type within CRM 3.0 because although the default CRM record types will be used (like client and business) our current database has all of the information for both in the same database. The idea is to create a 'temp' record type for us to add the database to, and then allow us to go through the database and move/link the information from the 'temp' record type into the correct record type afterwards. Is this at all possible or is there another simple solution to this problem? Thanks Hez Sorry if this question has ...

Populating Excel from CSV
Hello all, I need to know how to populate an Excel template with data from a external CSV file. Let's say I have this nice pretty colourful templat that is far more pleasing to the eye than the usual chunk of importe CSV data, what are some methods to populate it with data from a CS file?? Any ideas or suggestions or redirections would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance : -- AJMorgan59 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- AJMorgan591's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2777 View this thread: http://www.ex...

Sequence Not populated for the MO Numbers during Data Collection
When data collection is done for the MO Numbers by using the Data Collection Window under Manufaturing, the Sequnce look up does not show the whole list, it only shows NOTES, for the user to select and enter the necessary data. why does this happen in the case of some MO Numbers and in the others it shows all the sequnces as NOTES,MAKE READY, PRESS RUN, WASH UP, MAINTENANCE, REPAIRS, REWIND/INSPECTION, etc. Any information would be much appreciated -- Thanks AshaM It should show all of the router steps. Are some of your steps possibly marked to backflush labor? These steps would not...

Addding notes and rating fields to a report
I just started experimenting with creating some reports using vb.net 2003 and the SRS. So far getting most of the data on the report has been pretty easy but I cant seem to get certain data on there. I would like to have columns available for the notes and also rating as of yet I have not been able to find them. Any ideas? ------=_NextPart_0001_666CDF65 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <xxdcmast@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I just started experimenting with creating some reports using vb.net 2003 and > the SRS. > > So far getting mos...

record search with combo box.
I have three combo boxes on a form. In order, each allow my to pick data that narrows the search and options in the next. Based on the options picked in each, data is returned in a subform. Is it possible on the third combo box to search on the results. Example; combo box results may list "HP Deskjet 820/830C/832C/850C/855/870/880/882/890/895 Series" in the drop down, but I would like to type in 820 and have the results display in the subform. Thanks Martin Green has some excellent stuff on combo box search functions at www.fontstuff.com or I'm sure allen browne ...

Memo indent by record
Is it possible to indent specific records in a memo field based on the input in related field in the record? If so, what coding is needed? Sample data: txtSectionNo memSectionParagraph 1 Sample text for the section header 1.1 Sample text for the subsection 1.1.1 Sample text for the sub-subsection 2 Sample text for next section 2.1 Sample text for sect 2 subsection In general, what I'm trying to do is simulate section bullets. Thank you. On Wed, 8 Aug 2007 0...

how do populate empty cells with the contents of populated cells .
I have this worksheet problem. The work sheet is thousands of rows long. One of my columns has cells not populated. I would like to get any empty cell in this column to populate itself with the contents of the next populated cell below it? Kind of a "find and replace" action where by an empty cell says to it self;"I'm going fill myself in with the next thing I find below me" I would greatly appreciate if someone can relate how to do this. Thanks Jim, Select the column, use Edit | Go To... Special , Blanks, OK. Then type an equal sign, press the down arrow...

Field inheritance from account to contact
Hi, I see that CRM 3.0 only inherits the main phone no. (telephone1 attribute) from Account to a new Contact to that Account. I cannot find the code doing that under field events, form events or view events. My intention is to duplicate that behavior for other fields (such as fax no.), so does anyone know how this is done by CRM for telephone1 attribute? Thanks Dan Dan, This is configured under Mapping - on the relationship between account and contact. Path is Customizations > Customize Entities > Account (in grid) > Relationships (in navigation pane) > Find the relation...

TASK: required field value when task is beeing completed
Hello, I'd like to prevent saving task record as completed if a specific field (eg. resultcode) is empty. I've created new field "Result code" which should be filled out by the user when he push "Save as completed" button. In customize forms -> Task -> Form properties ->events -> OnSave I can check if <crmForm.all.new_resultcode.SelectedText> is empty or not but this field should not be obligatory when the task is Open. I'd like to display alert if resultcode is empty only when user click button "Save as completed". Even when I che...

OWA and MX records
I am running in mixed mode and have just completed moving most of my mailboxes to E2K3. OWA access works fine within the domain, either using the IP address or the name of the sever. What I would like to do is test it "for real" without distrupting the 5.5 verison of OWA that is still in use as well as mail flow to the 5.5 server. My ISP currently has pointers (MX and A records) in place that point to my old 5.5 server for mail flow and OWA. Can I ask them to setup another MX record that points to my new E2K3 server to gain access to OWA? Or are you only allowed one MX record ...

Increase the size of some fields in Inventory Mgmt.
How do I increase the size of some fields in the Inventory Mgmt screens (e.g fields like Item Description are not long enough). Do I just make the changes in Modifier? Or do I have to tinker with table fields too to handle larger Item Descriptions. Is there any other place I need to make changes to accomodate a long Item Description? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Surendra Do you mean the amount of characters you can enter in a field? Modifier is only for changing the window's appearance. The length of the fields is set in the database tables. Those fields shoul...

Add New Record 02-20-08
I created a Form / Subform using Access wizrd. I want to be able to go to a new record on the Form when I hit enter on a control on the subform - which will goto a new blank record on the Form & Subform. Do I do this in Code and how would I do this? My VB skills from 1-10 (10=expert) is about 3-4. -- Gator Docmd.GoToRecord acForm, Me.Name, acNewRec -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Gator" wrote: > I created a Form / Subform using Access wizrd. I want to be able to go to a > new record on the Form when I hit enter on a control on the subform - which > w...

Autoplay for Pictures Not Populated
I inserted my XD card in to my card reader today and the autoplay pop up window asking what I wanted Windows to do was blank. For Video, Music and Mixed content the options are there but not for Pictures - it is just blank. I have tried running autofix.exe but this has not fixed it. Any ideas? Is this a Microsoft problem or has something else caused this? It worked fine until today. Thanks. Peachypumpkin wrote: > I inserted my XD card in to my card reader today and the autoplay > pop up window asking what I wanted Windows to do was blank. For > Video, Music and Mi...

Blank field in form
I have a query that gets some criteria (City and State) from a form. I have the State field set up as a ComboBox connected to a local table I created. If a user was to type in a City (i.e. "Springfield") and then leave the State field empty, then the query would have no results. How do I make the query so that if one of the fields on the form is left empty it will run for all possibilities (i.e. look for all Springfields in any state)? It would help tremendously if you had provided the SQL view of your query. Without that I can suggest you might use a where clause like...

City and State Populated by Zip Code
Does anyone know of a way to load a program that when you type in the Zip Code the City and State are automatically populated? I have seen a MSCRM add-in from a company called QAS (http://www.qas.com/). This is more than just Zip Code/City&State. It's a full address validator along with streamlined data entry. They have integrated with CRM via an ISV pop-up and it seems to work fairly smoothly. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On 15 Apr 2005 11:13:56 -0700, "Morgan" <tzeoli@att.net> wr...

e-mail
Hi, I would like to make a mailing to 80.000 people. I don't want to use WORD for this because the performance. At the moment i can select userfields which i define in the template. The value of this userfield is for example 7, but the value 7 is related to a gif file. How can i make the relation in the template between the value 7 and the *.gif file ? Thanks a lot Regards Erwin Not quite clear on what you are trying to do. Are you wanting to put an image in the email template? -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "ESP" wrote: > Hi, > > I would...

Set Field Value Based on Entry in another field
Access 2003 and total noob here. Sorry - I can't seem to find anything that answers my question through searches here...maybe I'm too new so I don't recognize the solution when I see it. I have a form where users select their organization name from a menu. The menu is populated from a query against the organization table. The organization table has three columns (ID (pk), ORGNAME, ORGID). The ORGID is a two character acronym for the organization. I need to populate a hidden field on the form with the ORGID based on the selection made in the Org Name menu. How do...

from field upload file problem
www.icingpictures.co.uk win xp FP 2003 online order form url http://www.icingpictures.co.uk/online_order_form.htm Problems with online order form - upload files form field Everything on form works fine 100% except one aspect. Maximum file size it can upload. I can successfully upload up to 8 files simultaneously using the from providing the file sizes are small (under 2MB). If I try and upload either one file or a number of files and the combined size is around 2MB plus – I get a user name and password prompt – obviously customers using the form would not know this and th...

Populating a field
I want to populate a description field based on a par number that is entered in the field before it. In other owrds, you enter a part number and presto, in the next field, the description is entered for you. Can you help?? Thanx Tom On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 08:48:01 -0800, Tom <Tom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I want to populate a description field based on a par number that is entered >in the field before it. In other owrds, you enter a part number and presto, >in the next field, the description is entered for you. > >Can you help?? > >Thanx >Tom If yo...

Link Child Field and Master Field
Hello, I am trying to remember how to link a subform to a form. I believe use child and master fields but for the life of me I can't remember how to do this. Any help would be great! Thanks, Open your main form in design view, select the subform control and open Properties to the Data tab. LinkMaster should be the Primary Key of the recordsource of the main form and LinkChild should be the Foreign Key of the recordsource of the subform. PC Datasheet Providing Customers A Resource For Help With Access, Excel And Word Applications resource@pcdatasheet.com "Karl" <Ka...

extracting numbers from a text field and applying formula
here's my question... i have a cell that has a text field of this type: '9-19' (a-b) I want to create a formula that will subtract 19-9 (b-a) and return the result as a number// can anyone help?! is this even doable? I'd really appreciate it! PS also, i'm very fairly new at excel so a detailed response with th formula would really help! ALe ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Try: =MID(A1,FIND("-",A1)+1,99)-LEFT(A1,FIND("...

Need to sort several different fields together
I have to sort by last name, then first name, and by company (because some businesses don't have a person assigned to them). How can I achieve this!! Need help as soon as possbile. Use an ORDER BY clause: ORDER BY LastNameField, FirstNameField, CompanyNameField -- Ken Snell <MS ACCESS MVP> "Jannette" <Jannette@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CA404639-5DDB-4C29-9A35-AB305438318B@microsoft.com... >I have to sort by last name, then first name, and by company (because some > businesses don't have a person assigned to them). &g...

User-defined fields in Outlook Contacts related to CRM add-in
Hi, I wanted to know when are the user-defined fields in Outlook contact filled by the addin especially the fields, a) crmObjectTypeCode b) crmorgid c) crmRegardingId d) crmRegardingObjectType e) crmServiceId f) crmtrackingInfo g) crmVisited h) Regarding Thanks in advance. Regards, Karthikeyan The mapping between outlook and CRM is static only a set of predefined fields are mapped. Adding custom fields to outlook or the CRM entities has no effect on the behaviour. -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD) CRM/.NET Consultant Aviva IT Tools for CRM Developers and Administrators http://www.patrick...