Populate textbox form selection on combo box

Hi

I am new to code

I have a query that a unbound combo box is bassed on. The 4th colunm is the
Ingredient ID that I would like to write to textbox Ingredient_Id

I have tried Tom Lake's sugestion

Private Sub Combo12_AfterUpdate()
Me![Ingredient_Id] = Me![Combo12].Column3
End Sub

But I get Object doesn't support this porperty or method, and I do not
understand what it means.

What does the "me" mean?

Thank you

Esrei

"Me!" refers to the form in which the code is being written and I don't
think it is really necessary.

I think it should be:

[Ingredient_Id] = [Combo12].Column(3)

"Esrei" wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am new to code
>
> I have a query that a unbound combo box is bassed on. The 4th colunm is the
> Ingredient ID that I would like to write to textbox Ingredient_Id
>
> I have tried Tom Lake's sugestion
>
> Private Sub Combo12_AfterUpdate()
> Me![Ingredient_Id] = Me![Combo12].Column3
> End Sub
>
> But I get Object doesn't support this porperty or method, and I do not
> understand what it means.
>
> What does the "me" mean?
>
> Thank you
>
> Esrei

You need parantheses around the 3 in your code:
Me![Ingredient_Id] = Me![Combo12].Column(3 )

"Me" is a shortcut reference to the form that contains the code.

PC Datasheet
Providing Customers A Resource For Help With Access, Excel And Word
Applications
resource@pcdatasheet.com

"Esrei" <Esrei@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I am new to code
>
> I have a query that a unbound combo box is bassed on. The 4th colunm is
> the
> Ingredient ID that I would like to write to textbox Ingredient_Id
>
> I have tried Tom Lake's sugestion
>
> Private Sub Combo12_AfterUpdate()
> Me![Ingredient_Id] = Me![Combo12].Column3
> End Sub
>
> But I get Object doesn't support this porperty or method, and I do not
> understand what it means.
>
> What does the "me" mean?
>
> Thank you
>
> Esrei

0
Steve

How Create Pop-Up Msg when item selected in List Box?
How do I have a message box or pop-up message occur when a user selects a specific valid entry from a "list" for a cell? Details: For a cell, I did a Data, Validation, List. I created a list of 4 valid entries (box, kite, crayon, fish) the user may select. When the user selects entry crayon, I want a message to pop up, example " Be sure to specify the colors later." Thanks, rick onlinemanZZ@exZcite.com (<= remove "Z"s for valid email.) Rich You could use a worksheet change event. The code below will present a message box on each entry. Test it ...

Stopping mouse selecting chart objects
I am using MouseDown to return co-ordinates on a chart in Excel 2007. This works but the mouse also selects the various chart elements so they get accidentally moved. I have tried ActiveChart.ProtectSelection and ActiveChart.Protect neither of which solve the problem. ...

Can I use named range in data range box when creating pie chart?
I have 75 pie charts to create today. Is there a way to use named ranges in the data range box to speed this up? Yes. Just type in the name. -- George Nicholson Remove 'Junk' from return address. "BJackson" <BJackson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0DE9A0AD-C3BA-4242-B3BA-3CC3F0D87894@microsoft.com... >I have 75 pie charts to create today. Is there a way to use named ranges >in > the data range box to speed this up? Thank you! I was making it too difficult, thinking I needed to include the Sheet name along with the name range. ...

Combo Box #25
Hi, I have a combobox that is linked to Range = A1:A11, using the RowSource = A1:A11 in the properties window. The problem is that I launch the combobox in a tab, and the range A1:A11 is in another tab. Is there anyway to specify which tab the range A1:A11 is in. The combobox launches from a chart and the range A1:A11 are the charts you can choose. Thanks Just type in the name: 'Sheet 99'!a1:a11 Jeff wrote: > > Hi, > > I have a combobox that is linked to Range = A1:A11, using the RowSource = > A1:A11 in the properties window. The problem is that I launch...

Hyperlinks in Custom Forms
We have a need for distributing excel spreadsheets and large documents to our outside people who dialup to get their mail. I created a custom form with a hyperlink to an EXE file that will install the document into a specific folder. The problem is that this works sometimes, but most of the time it tries to open the link in IE (then I get the unable to open the page error). I want the form to automatically download (or just give me option to download) the file when the link is clicked. I thought it might be encoded in the link somewhere as a switch or something... ANY help or sugge...

Using atachment fields in a form
Is there a way that an atachment be changed or added in a form? I have a table that uses atachments and would like to be able to change out the atachment or add an attachment while in form view. The only option that shows up in form view is "View" and not "Add" or "Edit". The only place that add or edit shows up is in table view. 2nd question is can the path for attachments be made relative so the database can be used on different computers? Thanks ...

Wrap text only when selected
Tricky question here . . . I have many text cells that I would prefer to have formatted with no text wrapping. That makes scanning the sheet for other data much easier on the eyes (fixed row height). However, I do need to see what the text is, but only on a line-by-line basis. I know that if I double-click on a cell, it will expand the text out. But what I'd really like to do is highlight the row (or a few rows) and have that apply text wrapping to each text cell in the region, and only for as long as it is highlighted. Can this even be done? Thanks, Lee It might become annoying, bu...

Edit box border
Hi, How can I change the border of a edit box ? Thanks "JSmith" <jsmithmitra@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ONbQb59pEHA.556@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > > Hi, > How can I change the border of a edit box ? From what to what? -- Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP] Hi Jeff, As default they have borders I want to disappear it. Like we do it thru its properties. Thanks in advance "Jeff Partch" <jeffp@mvps.org> wrote in message news:%23yB0C99pEHA.1300@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > "JSmith" <jsmithmitra@yahoo.com> wrote in message > news:ONb...

Excel 2002: How to select an invoice entry ?
Hi, Let's consider the table below: A B C 1 Invoice Line code Selection 2 2010030101 18 A 3 2010030101 2 A 4 2010030102 3 B 5 2010030102 3 B 6 2010030103 18 A 7 2010030103 6 A 8 2010030104 4 B 9 2010030104 6 B 10 2010030105 ...

Textbox on chart doesn't print in Office 2003, but does in 2007
I have some charts that I create through C# code on a "template" worksheet and then copy it over to a new worksheet using the following code. When looking at the chart.Shapes, I can see the three Textbox objects that I want and these are the only shapes available. I can see them on the screen in both Excel 2003 and 2007 correctly. When I print in 2003 though, the textboxes don't appear like they do for 2007. Can anyone shed some light on why this might be happening? // Copy the images and charts (note index starts at 1) for (int z = 1; z <= wsTemplate.Shapes.Count; ...

Text Box Defaults
Hi, Im trying to set a text box Default Value to a public variable in my database I have set the Default Value to = MyVariable(60) but all I get is #Name? the variable is a variant and I have checked to see that whats stored in the variable can be entered into the text box. Help! Steve - Land Down Under Steve, Is MyVariable the name of a Function? If so, I would expect it to work as the textbox's Default Value, as long as its syntax is correct. I would suspect that the #Name? error may not be related at all to this Default Value property. It is more likely to be related to the ...

To: box does not complete entry from address book
I have just switched one of my e-mail accounts from OE to Outlook. When I try to create a new message in Outlook, I start typing the name, but autocomplete does not finish the entry. I have checked in Tools to make sure autocomplete is turned on. The only way I can send a new message is to select the name from the address book. In OE, all I had to do was to start typing the name in the To: box. I must be missing something that is probably fairly obvious. To make the switch, I copied my OE contacts into the Outlook Contacts folder. Thanks for any help. Help with what? You are describing...

Auto-Fit Text Box as Default
In Publisher, can 1 setup "Best-Fit" in textbox auto-fill as default?? As it stands now, I have to go in and change it "per" document, but would like to have this always on for all my new docs Thank you H wood I don't know a way that you can do that. I am confused by the statement that you have to change it "per" document since it is a change that is made per textbox. The problem with making text boxes best fit by default is that they can't be linked to by other text boxes. -- Computing should be about insight, not numbers or flash. "Hwood&...

Research box appears but doesn't actually search for anything
Whenever i try and use the research facility, it says that it is searching but always comes back with 'results not found'. I'm not looking up anything particularly wacky so there should be options there and there aren't. Help please! How do i make this work? ...

Scroll down on Form, not to next record
I have a data entry form that is just a little longer than the page. I have used http://www.lebans.com/mousewheelonoff.htm and it works very well at totally disabling the mouse scroll. What I want to know is how can I get the scroll button on the mouse to actually scroll down on the current record on the form? Not to the next one. This would be so helpful for me. Thanks. Either the scroll wheel is off or on! -- www.ae911truth.org "This Guy" wrote: > I have a data entry form that is just a little longer than the page. I have > used > > http://www.le...

Selecting sheets
How can make my code add a sheet to a selection? Something like: Dim WSName As Worksheet For Each WSName In Worksheets If Left(WSName.Name, 3) = "Pre" Then 'the code for adding the sheet to the selection End If Next Thanks The Doctor hi, Sheets.add would add a sheet to the workbook but i'm not sure if this is what you want. could you clairify. FSt1 "Dr.Schwartz" wrote: > How can make my code add a sheet to a selection? > > Something like: > > Dim WSName As Worksheet > For Each WSName In Worksheets > If Left(WSName.Name, 3...

Use input box to fill cells?
My question may be quite simple, but I have not been able to find any info on it (due, no doubt to ignorance) I want to use the info from an input box to fill certain cells, basically prompting the user for the info to populate the cells. Let's say that I want to put customer names in A8-A100. How can this be written to allow the user to have this info put in, be able to exit at any point, and possibly insert cells if they go beyond the range stated above? Thanks Maybe you could select the range, then do data|form? David Sizemore wrote: > > My question may be quite simple, but ...

How do you entr data in a form (scanned) document?
I have a printed form I need to fill out by entering data. How do I ues Word to do so? I can scan the form to creat a (picture) document. How do I enter data in this document (by overlay) to enable printing it with entered data? You could use text boxes for your info. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Filling in preprinted forms" <Filling in preprinted forms@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:659EAF90-C3E9-4C24-BDCC-11DAB1A95A87@microsoft.com... >I have a printe...

From ListBox selection >labels on userform to show sheet cell valu
I have 3 Userforms; the first contains a ListBox from which user select a specific Quotation number (column A on underlying worksheet). The first UserForm also contains text boxes that, upon a "cmdShow" button go and get relevant data from the row chosen by the user in the ListBox and show these values in the textboxes on UserForm1. All fine. On Userform2, I do not want user to have to choose Quotation number from the same ListBox (also on Userform2) in order to populate the textboxes on UserForm2 (different cell values from same row as User selected when on UserForm...

Another cascading combo challenge
Hi - I have a subform with two combos CboMechanism with row source = TblMechanism and CboSubMechanism dependent on selection in CboMechanism using the following code in CboMechanism Afer Update event... Private Sub CboMechanism_AfterUpdate() On Error Resume Next Select Case CboMechanism.Value Case "7" CboSubMechanism.RowSource = "tbl_SubMechEquipt" Case "9" CboSubMechanism.RowSource = "tbl_SubMechFall" Case "10" CboSubMechanism.RowSource = "tbl_SubMechLift" Case "...

How to decrease size of combo box ?
I have CListCtrl placed on dialog. For editing subitems I have used CComboBox of type dropdown and this CComboBox is placed on edited cell in time of editing. Problem is that height of CComboBox rectangle which is created in resource editor is more than my CListCtrl item height. How to decrease height of CComboBox ? (Not height of items in ComboBox drop down list but height of CComboBox which is not active) Peter I'm not sure exactly what you are asking, but if you are resizing the control when you overlay it on the list control you could use MoveWindow() and get the size of the...

OWA with forms authentication problem
Hi I am running Exchange 2003 sp1 on windows 2000 sp4 and have been quite happily using OWA without any problems. Then to make life easier for my community I enable Forms authentication. Which I have done previously in the same manner on identical built servers in my forest without any problems! But now on this server when I attempt to access OWA I get a I.E http 500 Error and these entries within the System Log 1. Type: ERROR Source: DCOM ID: 10004 Description: DCOM got error "Overlapped I/O operation is in progress. " and was unable to logon .\IWAM_"MY SER...

Dialog Box #3
I need some simple advice on how to make a dialog box launch with the auto open macro to have a value entered by the user and pasted in a cell on the worksheet. Thanks in advance. Look in VBA help for Application.InputBox I use this in an autofilter for entering are codes when filtering on phone numbers Sub Area_Code() Application.ScreenUpdating = False UserVal = Application.InputBox("Enter Area Code") If UserVal = False Then Exit Sub Else Selection.AutoFilter Field:=4, Criteria1:=UserVal & "*", Operator:=xlAnd End If Application...

how to customize the forms in outlook with send option?
i need to cutomize the outlook form with a send option in the form.for this which outlook form should be taken for customizing?.and give me some codes to develop the form mohan ...

selecting a series of worksheets for printing not whole workbook
Can this be done? I have 5 sheets in the book but want to print only 3 of teh worksheets. When I look at the File/print/ it only gives me the option of the whole book? Ta Mike You can group the 3 sheets you want. Select the first sheet, ctrl-click on the subsequent tabs and then print. Remember to ungroup the sheets when you're done. MikeR-Oz wrote: > > Can this be done? I have 5 sheets in the book but want to print only 3 of teh > worksheets. When I look at the File/print/ it only gives me the option of > the whole book? > > Ta > > Mike -- Dave Pe...