picking from a specific list in a combo box

I have a form that has a combo box called "contact" that refers to a table
called "Contacts". I would like to pick from a list of contacts for a
specific client  without displaying all of the names in the contacts table,
just the ones that match the name of the client on the main form. I've tried
joining the ID's in the relationships but it doesn't seem to work for me. Any
help appreciated! Thanks Lee

leeandgracebest

Try to set the controlsource of the combobox to a query. Set the contacts
field to a critera referring to the id-field from your main form.

Could look something like this:

forms!formname!idfield

where formname is the name of your form
where idfield is the name of your field which holds the contact id

Also remember to place the requery code in the form_current event to make
sure the combo is filtered by the proper contacts after you select another
record so:

private sub Form_current ()
 me.combobox.requery '-> where combobox is the name of your combo
end sb

hth
--
Maurice Ausum

leeandgracebest  wrote:
> I would like to pick from a list of contacts for a
> specific client  without displaying all of the names in the contacts
> table,
> just the ones that match the name of the client on the main form. I've
> tried

Would you post some details of your table set up for Contacts and Clients.
for each table - name of primary key
the relationship between the 2 tables
names of contact and client names fields

Jeanette Cunningham

"leeandgracebest via AccessMonster.com" <u13217@uwe> wrote in message
>I have a form that has a combo box called "contact" that refers to a table
> called "Contacts". I would like to pick from a list of contacts for a
> specific client  without displaying all of the names in the contacts
> table,
> just the ones that match the name of the client on the main form. I've
> tried
> joining the ID's in the relationships but it doesn't seem to work for me.
> Any
> help appreciated! Thanks Lee

Jeanette
2/29/2008 11:08:12 PM
Hello Jeanett. Here are my tables with the main fields: (This is a tabbed
form for catering at a hotel)

tbl - ClientList: [A one to many relationship with contacts], [A one to many
relationship with Function Info]
Primary Key: "ID": (AutoNumber)
MainTel, EntryDate, Year, ClientName, Address, City, Prov, Postcode, USZip,
Country [ All are text except the date field]

tbl - Function Info:
"FunctionID" (Text - Duplicates Ok)
Field name: Contact (Text) - A Combo box field for Contact's name
Field name: FunctionNumber (for more than one function with the same client
the same day)
Relates to the ClientListID and the FunctionNumber.
tbl - Contacts:
ContactID (Text), EntryDate, Telephone #, etc.
tbl - Charges:
ChargsID: (Text - Duplicates Ok)
Relates to Client "ID" and FunctionNumber

Jeanette Cunningham wrote:
>> I would like to pick from a list of contacts for a
>> specific client  without displaying all of the names in the contacts
>> table,
>> just the ones that match the name of the client on the main form. I've
>> tried
>
>Would you post some details of your table set up for Contacts and Clients.
>for each table - name of primary key
>the relationship between the 2 tables
>names of contact and client names fields
>
>Jeanette Cunningham
>
>>I have a form that has a combo box called "contact" that refers to a table
>> called "Contacts". I would like to pick from a list of contacts for a
>[quoted text clipped - 5 lines]
>> Any
>> help appreciated! Thanks Lee

leeandgracebest
3/1/2008 5:09:34 AM
create a new query in design view
--add tbl ClientList, tbl ContactID and tblFunctionInfo
--join the tblClientList to tblFunctionInfo on the field ClientListID
--join the tblClientList to tblContacts on the field ClientListID
--drag the fields ContactID, Contact and ClientListID on to the query grid
--in the criteria row for ClientListID type
        Forms!FormName!ComboClient
--replace FormName with the name of your form with the combo with client
names
--replace ComboClient with name of your combo with client names

--save the query as
        qryClientContacts

--back on your form, in the row source for the combo with contact names
--select qryClientContacts from the drop down

Test the form

> Hello Jeanett. Here are my tables with the main fields: (This is a tabbed
> form for catering at a hotel)
>
> tbl - ClientList: [A one to many relationship with contacts], [A one to
> many
> relationship with Function Info]
> Primary Key: "ID": (AutoNumber)
> MainTel, EntryDate, Year, ClientName, Address, City, Prov, Postcode,
> USZip,
> Country [ All are text except the date field]
>
> tbl - Function Info:
> "FunctionID" (Text - Duplicates Ok)
> Field name: Contact (Text) - A Combo box field for Contact's name
> Field name: FunctionNumber (for more than one function with the same
> client
> the same day)
> Relates to the ClientListID and the FunctionNumber.
> tbl - Contacts:
> ContactID (Text), EntryDate, Telephone #, etc.
> tbl - Charges:
> ChargsID: (Text - Duplicates Ok)
> Relates to Client "ID" and FunctionNumber
>
> Jeanette Cunningham wrote:
>>> I would like to pick from a list of contacts for a
>>> specific client  without displaying all of the names in the contacts
>>> table,
>>> just the ones that match the name of the client on the main form. I've
>>> tried
>>
>>Would you post some details of your table set up for Contacts and Clients.
>>for each table - name of primary key
>>the relationship between the 2 tables
>>names of contact and client names fields
>>
>>Jeanette Cunningham
>>
>>>I have a form that has a combo box called "contact" that refers to a
>>>table
>>> called "Contacts". I would like to pick from a list of contacts for a
>>[quoted text clipped - 5 lines]
>>> Any
>>> help appreciated! Thanks Lee

Jeanette
3/1/2008 5:47:48 AM
Oops! Forgot to say how to set up the combos.
Combo with Clients has 2 columns with ClientID as the first column which is
hidden.
The bound column is column 1.

Combo with Contacts has 2 rows, ContactID as the first column which is
hidden, the second column is Contact
The bound column is column 1.
You can sort qryClientContacts to make it easier to select the contact you
want.

Jeanette Cunningham

"Jeanette Cunningham" <nnn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> create a new query in design view
> --add tbl ClientList, tbl ContactID and tblFunctionInfo
> --join the tblClientList to tblFunctionInfo on the field ClientListID
> --join the tblClientList to tblContacts on the field ClientListID
> --drag the fields ContactID, Contact and ClientListID on to the query grid
> --in the criteria row for ClientListID type
>        Forms!FormName!ComboClient
> --replace FormName with the name of your form with the combo with client
> names
> --replace ComboClient with name of your combo with client names
>
> --save the query as
>        qryClientContacts
>
> --back on your form, in the row source for the combo with contact names
> --select qryClientContacts from the drop down
>
> Test the form
>
> Jeanette Cunningham
>
> "leeandgracebest via AccessMonster.com" <u13217@uwe> wrote in message
>> Hello Jeanett. Here are my tables with the main fields: (This is a tabbed
>> form for catering at a hotel)
>>
>> tbl - ClientList: [A one to many relationship with contacts], [A one to
>> many
>> relationship with Function Info]
>> Primary Key: "ID": (AutoNumber)
>> MainTel, EntryDate, Year, ClientName, Address, City, Prov, Postcode,
>> USZip,
>> Country [ All are text except the date field]
>>
>> tbl - Function Info:
>> "FunctionID" (Text - Duplicates Ok)
>> Field name: Contact (Text) - A Combo box field for Contact's name
>> Field name: FunctionNumber (for more than one function with the same
>> client
>> the same day)
>> Relates to the ClientListID and the FunctionNumber.
>> tbl - Contacts:
>> ContactID (Text), EntryDate, Telephone #, etc.
>> tbl - Charges:
>> ChargsID: (Text - Duplicates Ok)
>> Relates to Client "ID" and FunctionNumber

>>>Would you post some details of your table set up for Contacts and
>>>Clients.
>>>for each table - name of primary key
>>>the relationship between the 2 tables
>>>names of contact and client names fields
>>>
>>>Jeanette Cunningham

>>>[quoted text clipped - 5 lines]
>>
>> --

Jeanette
3/1/2008 5:55:44 AM
Hi Jeanette... thank you for your help. I've tried to follow your
instructions, but it doesn't work for me. I just need to see the contacts in
the combo box for a particular client and choose from the list. Is it
possible for me to email you my mdb file so you can have a look at it? I
would also like to  have the form requerey when I go to the next record. Many
thanks, Lee

Jeanette Cunningham wrote:
>Oops! Forgot to say how to set up the combos.
>Combo with Clients has 2 columns with ClientID as the first column which is
>hidden.
>The bound column is column 1.
>
>Combo with Contacts has 2 rows, ContactID as the first column which is
>hidden, the second column is Contact
>The bound column is column 1.
>You can sort qryClientContacts to make it easier to select the contact you
>want.
>
>Jeanette Cunningham
>
>> create a new query in design view
>> --add tbl ClientList, tbl ContactID and tblFunctionInfo
>[quoted text clipped - 61 lines]

leeandgracebest
3/3/2008 9:32:22 PM
Lee,
I would like to say yes to your request, but unfortunately I have deadlines
to meet for databases for clients.
From your previous post, I have the feeling that your table setup could be
making this difficult - I was not able to work out which fields which were
the foreign key fields in the relationships between the tables.
Perhaps you would post back showing which fields are the primary key and
which fields are the foreign key and specify which field is the joining
field between each of the tables. Do you have referential integrity set for
these tables? Do you have left or right join types?

> Hi Jeanette... thank you for your help. I've tried to follow your
> instructions, but it doesn't work for me. I just need to see the contacts
> in
> the combo box for a particular client and choose from the list. Is it
> possible for me to email you my mdb file so you can have a look at it? I
> would also like to  have the form requerey when I go to the next record.
> Many
> thanks, Lee
>

> Jeanette Cunningham wrote:
>>Oops! Forgot to say how to set up the combos.
>>Combo with Clients has 2 columns with ClientID as the first column which
>>is
>>hidden.
>>The bound column is column 1.
>>
>>Combo with Contacts has 2 rows, ContactID as the first column which is
>>hidden, the second column is Contact
>>The bound column is column 1.
>>You can sort qryClientContacts to make it easier to select the contact you
>>want.
>>
>>Jeanette Cunningham
>>
>>> create a new query in design view
>>> --add tbl ClientList, tbl ContactID and tblFunctionInfo
>>[quoted text clipped - 61 lines]

Jeanette
3/3/2008 9:55:00 PM
Hi Jeanette... I'm finally getting back to this. Thanks for responding. I'll
try to outline what I'm working with and hopefully it will make some sense.

I'm using three of my tables in this query. The first one is my List of
Clients, "tblClientList". The primary key is an auto number field called
"ClientID" (no duplicates). I have joined it to two other tables on the
foreign ID keys. One is a table containing Contact names and information that
pertains to the client to which I have joined "ClientID" from the
tblClientList to "ContactID" which is a number field. The other is a table
containing information about catering functions and I have joined
"FunctionID" from the first table "tblClientList" containing the primary key
"ClientID". I have put them onto the query grid and pulled down "ContactID"
from the tblContacts in the first column, "Contact" from the tblContacts in
the second column and "ClientID" from the tblClientList in the third column.
In the Criteria for ClientID I have entered [Forms]![frmFunction Information]!
[Contact]. The "tblClientList" is the basis for my main form onto which I
have tabbed forms for Contacts, and Functions.

On the form "frmFunction Information", I have my combo box and a field called
"Contact". In the properties for the combo box, the Row Source is my
"qryClientContacts", Column count 3, Bound to Column 1. I want it to display
a pick list of contacts that I can choose from that pertain to the client .
When I click on the box in form mode, nothing is displayed and when I run the
query from the grid, I am asked to enter a parameter value for [Forms]!
[frmFunction Information]![Contact].

The relationships are one to many from the Client List to the Contacts to the
Function Information tables. i.e. "Only include rows where the joined fields
from both tables are equal."

When I finally get it working, I would like the combo box to requery each
time a new client is looked at in the main form.

Does this all make sense? I'ts a bit puzzling for me as I can't figure out
what is out of place or not there so that it works properly. I hope you are
able to help.
Many thanks!
Lee

Jeanette Cunningham wrote:
>Lee,
>I would like to say yes to your request, but unfortunately I have deadlines
>to meet for databases for clients.
>From your previous post, I have the feeling that your table setup could be
>making this difficult - I was not able to work out which fields which were
>the foreign key fields in the relationships between the tables.
>Perhaps you would post back showing which fields are the primary key and
>which fields are the foreign key and specify which field is the joining
>field between each of the tables. Do you have referential integrity set for
>these tables? Do you have left or right join types?
>
>Jeanette Cunningham
>
>> Hi Jeanette... thank you for your help. I've tried to follow your
>> instructions, but it doesn't work for me. I just need to see the contacts
>[quoted text clipped - 24 lines]

leeandgracebest
3/10/2008 5:42:14 PM
Lee,
the extra info is most helpful.
I will outline how I think the tables need to be set up to make best use of
Access' relational features.
To protect your existing data, make 2 backup copies of all 3 tables before
you make any changes to your tables.
While making changes to tables, always keep at least one backup that you
never destroy - then it is always there for reference if something goes
wrong.

tblClientList
ClientD  >> Primary Key
Client Name
other client details

tblContacts
ContactID  >> Primary Key
ClientID  >> Foreign Key
other contact details

In the relationships window, drag the ClientID from tblClientList and drop
it on the ClientID in tblContacts.

tblFunctions
FunctionID  >> Primary Key
other function details

tblAttendance
AttendanceID  >> Primary Key
ContactID  >> Foreign Key
FunctionID  >> Foreign Key
other details about attendance

In the relationships window, drag the ContactID from tblContacts and drop it
on the ContactID in tblAttendance.
Drag the FunctionID from tblFunctions and drop it on the FunctionID in
tblAttendance.

tblAttendance allows multiple contacts to attend multiple functions.
There is a many to many relationship between Contacts and Functions

You will need to re-design your forms.
Here is a description of how to set up forms for a many to many
relationship.

Use a main form (single view) for one of the Many side tables.  Within the
main form, use a continuous subform bound to the junction table with the
Link Master set to the main form's PK field.  This subform has at least one
visible control that is a combo box bound to the second table's PK field.
This form's Current event and the combo's AfterUpdate event sets an
invisible text box on the main form to the value of the combo box.

Along side the continuous subform is another subform bound to the other many
side table with its Link Master property set to the invisible text box.

With this arrangement, you can navigate or search for the main form record.
The continuous subform displays the items assigned to the main form record.
Clicking on a record in the continuous subform automatically displays the
related
record in the other subform.

You'll find an example of a subform used in this way in the sample Northwind
database which comes with Access.  In that the Orders Subform is based on
the
Order Details table (the subform actually uses a query, but that's
immaterial
to this issue) which models the many-to-many relationship between Orders and
Products.  In the subform a combo box is bound to the ProductID column,
which
is the foreign key referencing the key of the Products table.  The combo box
is set up in the way described above to show the name of the product,
hiding the ProductID which is its actual value.  It also shows a
Discontinued
column in its list, but that's immaterial to the current issue.

Good luck

> [...]
>>Lee,
>>I would like to say yes to your request, but unfortunately I have
>>deadlines
>>to meet for databases for clients.
>>From your previous post, I have the feeling that your table setup could be
>>making this difficult - I was not able to work out which fields which were
>>the foreign key fields in the relationships between the tables.
>>Perhaps you would post back showing which fields are the primary key and
>>which fields are the foreign key and specify which field is the joining
>>field between each of the tables. Do you have referential integrity set
>>for
>>these tables? Do you have left or right join types?
>>
>>Jeanette Cunningham
>>
>>> Hi Jeanette... thank you for your help. I've tried to follow your
>>> instructions, but it doesn't work for me. I just need to see the

3/10/2008 8:42:39 PM
Jeanette, Thanks so much for this information! I'll work away at it and let
you know how I make out.
Regards,
Lee

Jeanette Cunningham wrote:
> [...]
>database which comes with Access.  In that the Orders Subform is based on
>the
>Order Details table (the subform actually uses a query, but that's
>immaterial
>to this issue) which models the many-to-many relationship between Orders and
>Products.  In the subform a combo box is bound to the ProductID column,
>which
>is the foreign key referencing the key of the Products table.  The combo box
>is set up in the way described above to show the name of the product,
>hiding the ProductID which is its actual value.  It also shows a
>Discontinued
>column in its list, but that's immaterial to the current issue.
>
>Good luck
>Jeanette Cunningham
>
>> Hi Jeanette... I'm finally getting back to this. Thanks for responding.

Using Combo Boxes as a Source for Parameter Queries
Access Gurus, I often encounter a situation where I want to run a select (parameter) query on a particular table, but instead of having the user type in their own parameter, I'd like for them to be able to choose, from a combo box that auto-completes, the actual item in the underlying table, then use this string as the basis for the parameter query. I want to limit the parameters to already-extant items in the underlying table and so avoid close-but-not-exact matching problems by free-typing the parameter. -- Joe Venable Virginia Beach, VA Use this as criteria -- ...

picking out matched data
I have 2 different sets of data each with 3 columns. I am going to place the 2 sets of data on Sheet 1 of a spreadsheet and Sheet 2 of a spreadsheet. The data in a row across the 3 columns pertains to each other. This is true for the data on each sheet. I need to take the data from sheet 1 and have it match up with any entries that exist on sheet 2, and have it show these matches on sheet 3. The problem is the data in sheet 1 and 2 are not exactly the same. On sheet 1 the data is: Customer Name, Transaction#, Acct#. On Sheet 2 the data is: Customer Name, Reference #, Acct#...

Problem with distribution list
Hello , We are runninng a Windows 2003 DC server, with Exchange 2003, We have a couple of distribution list ( internal and external) For 2 different lists ( branche offices with there own mailsserver and domain name) we added the employees as contacts in AD One list excists out of 5 names and works fine ( all individual person reciev the e-mails in there own account) The other contains 15 names, but when we use this list the mail is not send to the individual persons but is received bij the recieving end as a list name the receiving party uses Mdaemon mailserver and a popbox. When i look at...

handling xml "list of lists" in excel 2003
Hello, I'm trying to manipuate an xml doc that has a structure something like this: <node1 name="aa"> <node2>a</node2> <node2>b</node2> </node1> <node1 name="bb"> <node2>c</node2> <node2>d</node2> </node1> Is there a way to map this to a spreadsheet? Node1 and Node2 maxOccurs="unbounded". If I drag the node1 element (and childern) to the spreadsheet, and try to export the data excel complains that I have a list of lists and mapped element's relationship with other elements cann...

Message box at file open
For a particular Excel file, I want a message box to open as soon as the file is opened. Do I need to use VBA for that? If yes, I'm new to VBA. Any quick pointers? Thanks all. Hall, > Do I need to use VBA for that? Yes, you do. From the workbook, press Alt + F11 Double click on "THisWorkbook" in the "Projects" window. In the panel on the right, copy and paste the following: Private Sub Workbook_Open() MsgBox "My message" End Sub John "Hall" <hall@garp.org> wrote in message news:eAp0TW53DHA.3360@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > For a ...

Check Box Printing
I updating a very old spreadsheet that I've put 55 check boxes on with the intent that when they are checked and a command button clicked only the pages selected will print. These pages are already set up on the next sheet (it used to be 55 separate sheets, but I've combined these into one), and the page breaks have been set so each will print correctly. I've also put a check box that I've labeled "select all" and print command button so we only print what's needed. Silly me, I thought I could figure this out, but the only thing I can come up with that works is ...

Porta-Nails 47261 15 Gauge 2-Inch Flooring Staples (1,000 per Box)
Price:$16.33 Image: http://thediscountdatabase.info/image.php?id=B000PDQJD4 Best deal: http://thediscountdatabase.info/index.php?id=B000PDQJD4 Sold as Bx/1000. 2". 15 gauge. Carbon steel. Use with all floor staplers that requires a 2", 15 gauge staple. Box of 1000 . Manufacturer number: 47261. Buy Hardware Supplies SKU #: 2163319. Country of origin: United States. Distributed by Porta-Nails, Inc. ...

Restricting Access to specific functions and overriding Lock recor
Hi, We have just implemented CRM 3.0 and things are going very well. However, I would like to restrict some of the functionality of the sales people in the team. I would like to disable the ability for them to assign records to themselves i.e. records created will automatically be assigned to the owner of the Company record? I have checked the security roles but cannot see how to do this? Also Is there a security setting that lets a user over ride locked records for example when a quote has been activated it cannot be changed, what if we want to change it can this be done? Thanks for ...

Making pick list conditional on selection from previous pick list
I would like to know how to make a pick list (a "list" of names) conditional on what was picked in the previous column pick list (e.g. of the 4 main areas of a plant (pick list/ column A), there are anywhere from 3 to 5 sections within each main area. I would like to format/program the second pick list (coumn B) to only show the list of sections corresponding to the 'main area' selected in column A. Then I need to do this for a third pick list (specific equipment). If you have an example, it would be appreciated. Thank you. Hi Stewart, See Debra Dalgleish's Depend...

Excel Text Box Controls
Is there any way to allow a user of a spreadsheet to cut and paste text in and out of an Excel Text Box? Is there a setting that I am missing? Also, the workbook is protected from altering specific cells. Ron, when protecting the workbook, deselect the Objects check box under Protect worksheet for (Tools > Protection > Protect Sheet). That will allow users to cut/copy and paste into and out of text boxes. (I'm using Excel 2000, btw. YMMV.) -- DDM "DDM's Microsoft Office Tips and Tricks" Visit us at www.ddmcomputing.com "Ron Green" <rgreen@elibertyban...

List all projects that belong to specific category?
How do you list all projects that belong to specific category?? (excluding edit cagegory view).. Ideally in a spreadsheet, PWA view or SSRS report format (SQL query would do)... I've got category that has over three hundred projects but every now and then I want to check that all projects that are in it should be in it and that there are no missing ones.. Hi Vaso, if a SQL query would do (Published DB): SELECT dbo.MSP_WEB_SECURITY_CATEGORIES.WSEC_CAT_NAME, dbo.MSP_PROJECTS.PROJ_NAME FROM dbo.MSP_WEB_SECURITY_CATEGORIES INNER JOIN dbo....

Reset list
In Outlook2002 I can go to File, Open..., Other users folders... How can I reset that list so that it is empty? I have tried to delete the nk2-file but that didn�t seem to have any influence here. Regards Anette Open a lot of folders from someone else untill they are starting to fall of the list ;-) By recreating your e-mail profile the list will be gone. All info regarding this is kept in the registry; [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles] Note that this key has never been created for manually editing so back-up the ke...

PostMessage and keyboard commands (specifically control)
We're using PostMessage to send a keyboard command to a window. It works great, until we start needing to send something which requires the control key. More specifically: PostMessage ( handle, WM_KEYDOWN, VK_SPACE, NULL ); send "space" to the window. How do you send Ctrl-[ or Ctrl-] or Ctrl-P ??? Thanks. Take a look at SendInput function. AliR. "DBard" <DBard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CB93092B-C7D2-4812-B117-EC7C6B8364FE@microsoft.com... > We're using PostMessage to send a keyboard command to a window. It works > grea...

List Box not saving to bound field.
Using Access 2007. I’ll try to describe my issue as detailed as possible. I’ve got a form with tblComplaints as its “Record Source”. One Combo Box cboBookingID, on the form uses the below query as a “Row Source” and is bound to tblComplaints.BookingID . SELECT tblCRMBookingIDs.booking_id, tblCRMBookingIDs.BookingDate FROM tblCRMBookingIDs ORDER BY tblCRMBookingIDs.BookingDate DESC; I have the following [Event Procedure] on the “After Update” of cboBookingID. Private Sub cboBookingID_AfterUpdate() Me.cboServiceIssue.RowSource = "SELECT DISTINCT tblCRMInvoicedBooking.it...

WLMail Contact List
I do not know how to delete an individual contact entry. I have duplicate entries where the contact has changed his address. Perhaps I should have "edited" the original, but I didn't. In any event, there are some entries I just want to eliminate. There must be some obvious place I'm overlooking wherein a "delete" button is hidden. Thanks for your help. -- Allen Furfine On the Menu Bar: Go | Contacts. Right click on the contact you want to remove and delete it. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "a...

How do I change the color of the timeline boxes in my Ghant chart
My ghant chart automatically boxes out my time line when I input my start and end dates for each activity. How can I change the color of the time line? I want to make different activitites different colors. What method are you usgint o create this Gantt chart? Have you customised a stacked bar chart yourself using suitably-calculated data? Have you used a template or some clever VBA code? Are you actually using Excel (and which version)? or some other tool (eg Visio) to do this? Tell us more and we can help you more! Adam On 11/03/2010 15:34, iswimfly100 wrote: > My gh...

Problem with a bound check box
In an Access Project Database 2003 bound check boxes will no longer toggle as they are clicked successively. They go from on to off to on and then don't change again; or they go off to on and don't change again. Obviously, they always used to do so and copying an adp file and related mdf/ldf files onto another computer all is well again. This happens to all databases on this particular computer and is not affected by code being present or not. I have reloaded Access and reloaded MSDE 2000 SP3 to no effect. It can be overcome by refreshing after every click, so I'm wonder...

list of subtotals!
how can i get a list of subtotals? -via135 -- via135 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ via135's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26725 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=499188 Hi Via 135, This was found in excel help. Function_Num Function 1 AVERAGE 2 COUNT 3 COUNTA 4 MAX 5 MIN 6 PRODUCT 7 STDEV 8 STDEVP 9 SUM 10 VAR 11 VARP You can also look at this link http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions01.html Larry -- keithl816 ----------------------------------------------...

Outlook 2007 Distributuion list
Couple of problems: I have numeruos Distrubtion groups - when I send in Bcc (or "To") the message goes out, but I get an instant error message in by inbox ... "Dist. list name' on 2/19/2010 4:22 PM Invalid recipient If I click on the little X box next to the dist. list when it's in the To ir Bcc line - everyone does get the message. This just started ... and it's a real pain! -- ND DL's are a real pain. That's is why few of us use them. These type of problems arise all the time. DL's are not reliable or robust. Unless...

Can users change list box column sizes in "Form View" mode? (not Design mode)
Hi All I have a list box on a form that shows search results with a number of columns. I have set the size of these columns to what I think is best for the data and screen size. One of my users has asked me if it is possible for him to change the size of the list box columns whilst in form view mode to suit the data set he is looking at. He expected to be able to dynamically change the column sizes similar to the way you can do that in Windows Explorer. Obviously I dont want my users to go into Design Mode and change the column sizes through the list box properties. Is it possible to change...

Specific Changes from the 2000 version
Where can I find a list of SPECIFIC changes/enhancements in the 2003 version from the 2000 version? Trying to decide whether to upgrade. Thanks. Go to http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/preview.aspx; click on Excel Assistance and do a search for What's New For most users the highlights are: lists and better statistical packages. With chart data in a list, the chart is dynamically updated when new data is added to the list. The stat functions now give meaningful results with large numbers (e.g. STDEV of 100000001,100000002,100000003). There is a Research Pane or Pain depending on yo...

The server does not expand distribute list and send it to users
Hi, I have Exchange 2003 and Blackberry Enterprise Server environment setup. However, Exchange 2003 will stop expanding distribution list and send it to users but I send to many individual and it will work fine. When you send to DL, it will not bounce back with non deliver instead of eating up. I checked eventlogs and no major/critical warnings. The only solution is reboot the server. Exchange 2003 server is using raid scsi drives, 8 gig memory with sp1. We have 150 users in our organization. I am curious if any one ran into similar situation of DL or environment setting. Any tips...

Display only check box in CListView
I know that it is possible to have a check box in a ListBox but I would like to have a read only check box in a CListCtrl on my main window. Is that possible and how would I set it up? ...

Pick cell from chart
I am developing an estimating spreadsheet that calculates labor hours. I have built a separate 10 column and 6 row chart with info I want to pull into the estimating spreadsheet. The colums are labeled as "Difficulty Factors" and the rows are labeled as "Pipe Sizes". Each intersecting cell is a portion of a labor hour. The estimating sheet has 3 drop down lists. I want to build a IF AND statement that will select a intersecting cell in the chart if certain criteria from the drop down lists are true. There are 60 different cells in the chart. Is it necessary to write ...

Monthly Inventory List
I have a client using RMS, and the accountants would like them to print out an inventory list each month (simialr to the Item Vlaue List). Does anyone know how I can print one out for specific time periods like they are requesting? Unfortunately that would require the ability to have stored snap shots of the inventory for a specific date and time and the system does not store that kind of information. Nor is there really any way of getting a historical inventory report from the system by customizing a report. The only way is you have a backup of the software for that day. Restore the ...