Option Group Value won't display in Query when code is executed

Hello,

I have an option group stored on a form with 4 choices and am just trying to
usethe value selected in the option group within a query.  Simple enough, I
can get the query to work just fine, displaying information based on the
choice made with the option until I execute the query from code.  Then it
seems that the option group value is not available or is ignored and does not
work.  What I'm noticing is that if I pause the code at the point where the
query is suppose to run and execute the query manually, no information is
displayed (option group value shows blank).  However, if I stop the code
completely at that point and then run the query, the information is displayed
just fine.

Can anybody tell me what is going on here?  I'm stumped.

Regards,
Ryan

0
Ryanspad1

If you want us to help debug your code for running the query we really have
to see it! Is the Option Group bound? What is your SQL statement?

Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003

Linq
12/11/2009 11:36:39 PM
Thank you for your reply.  The option group was unbound and I was just using
a basic query to read the value from it using the Forms![Formname].
[OptionGroupName] and it was showing blank when the code was paused during
code execute.  I think I figured out that it is actually working, but just
for some reason when code is being executed (but paused), the query does not
actually show the value from the option group.  Not sure if I understand why
that would be, but regardless if I actually just let the code run and execute
the query, it works, so you can disregard this post unless you have some
insight as to why a query wouldn't return a value from a form (whether option
group or any other "unbound" field) while code is in break mode.

Thank you,
Ryan

Linq Adams wrote:
>If you want us to help debug your code for running the query we really have
>to see it! Is the Option Group bound? What is your SQL statement?

Ryanspad1

RMS matrix attribute option
Adding an existing item in the RMS 2.0.0114 matrix with 219 attributes and 826 items and saving it takes about 2 hours to complete (using Windows XP SP2 Pentium D 3.0 Ghz with 2 G RAM). Since the backend is SQL Server, we don’t see any reason for the application not to support matrix records of this size, considering that the Item has 219 attributes and 826 items only. I think it would be better if RMS has the option not to load the existing attributes for the dropdown list. Just enable the addition of new dimensions. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Micro...

Why No "Format Cells" Choice Option Always ?
Hello, Using Excel 2007. When I select a Column of numbers, I usually see a choice for "Format Cells" At other times, for different Columns (also with numbers in the cells, I do not get the Format Cells choice. All that shows up as being selectable are: Cut, Copy, Clear Contents Why might this be ? Thanks ...

combining two groups into one
I upgraded to Outlook 2003 and pulled over the Inbox from "old" Outlook. Now, somehow, I have two groups in my OL 2003 Inbox - one that has all my old messages from Ols OL and a new one with any messages since the upgrade. Strangely, both groups indicate they use the same e-mail account - all the account settings are identical. But only the "newer" group actually receives any new messages. The "old" OL inbox group does not receive the new messages. If I try - out of despiration and confusion - to delete the "new" group, it will be deleted, but...

Why is redirect rule absent from my rules and alerts options?
Outlook 2003 help at <http://office.microsoft.com/en-au/outlook/HA011502011033.aspx?pid=CH063564671033> offers a choice of either forwarding or redirecting mail. I want to redirect mail to a webmail address to access it more easily while travelling. Redirect suits me better than forwarding, as forwarded mail all appears to come from me (i.e. original sender is not visible until mail is opened -- bit inconvenient). The forwarding option/s are visible among the checkboxes under 'Rules and alerts' but there is no sign of the 'Redirect it to people or distribution list&#...

Tools,Options, Email Options, AdvancedE-mail Options,
Hi, Windows XP, Outlook 2003, Desktop Alert stop popup, When it check in - Tools,Options, Email Options, AdvancedE-mail Options, It supposed to be "Preview" option, its not , In "When new item arrive in my Inbox" all the option mark, But when new mail arrived Desktop Alert not popup, What could be the problem Thank you & Bets Regards, Yakov Do you have a rule set to move messages? If you do then you need to add showing the Desktop Alert to that rule. "Yakov" <Yakov@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:304C2EEA-5839-47B1-A737-475921A51D...

Power options issue 06-24-10
When I click on Control Panel and then Power Options and set turn off monitor to 20 minutes and turn off hard drive to 20 minutes nothing happens. However if I change those settings to turn off monitor to 1 minute and turn off hard drive to 3 minutes it works every time. I do not know what the problem is or how to correct it, so any help would be greatly appreciated. You should also know that no changes to my system have been made since this problem started happening. The turn off cannot be executed until the computer is not running anything for the amount of time you selec...

Options okn Tools Menu
I have a user who is using Excel 97. When he goes to the menu bar and selects Tools then Options, the Options chioce is there but when you clck on it it does nothing. Has anyone had this issue before and if so how can I get his Options functionality back? Excel and Office has been uninstalled and reinstalled several times. Maybe this is it: XL97: Page Fault or Violation When You Click Options on the Tools Menu http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;108032 sounds like it describes your Tools|Options problem (it says it was corrected in xl97 SR2). Ron Davidson wrote:...

Can EXCEL list amounts that, when added, total to a specific value? How?
My task is to generate a list of all "6 value combinations" that total a collection of specific sums. Simple Example: All "2 value combinations" that, when added, =13 List: D701:D709, filled with 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 Solutions: 4&9, 5&8, 6&7 ( 9&4, 8&5, 7&6 would be considered duplicates for my task but I can deal with this manually if they can't be "programmed out" ). This would take care of one specific sum. Summary: If I have 10 specific sums for which to perform this, and must ...

IMAP Status
In O2003, IMAP, Inbox, there is a default view called "Group Messages Marked for Deletion". The view groups the message marked and not marked for deletion by using this field (IMAP Status) in the Group By box. I tried to locate this "IMAP Status" field but cannot locate it. I looked through all the available fields but cannot locate it. Does anyone know where it is located? Shawn ...

Analysis on whether a buyout by AOL Time Warner would affect the value of Miley5.net for existing shareholders
If AOL Time Warner continues with a 15% stake at $2.80 an ordinary share, this will equate a $210,000 investment. Projected out to the rest of the Company, this valuates the Company at $1.4 million. The purchase would instantly mean a $0.30 return for every ordinary share held by stockholders as soon as the Company floats. On Nov 25, 2:45=A0pm, ny.negotiati...@gmail.com wrote: > If AOL Time Warner continues with a 15% stake at $2.80 an ordinary > share, this will equate a $210,000 investment. Projected out to the > rest of the Company, this valuates the Company at $1.4 million. The &...

Change printing options based on tender types
I have curerntly setup our POS registers to automotically print 40-column receipts and to prompt the user for whether or not to print a large 80-column invoice. However, I would like to have large invoices automatically print for all charge account tenders. Is there a way to specify the print behavior based on the tender type for the transaction? Thanks, Paul Arenson Anderson Plywood Sales, Culver City, CA not without an add-in. Seems like someone posted something about that within the last few weeks - try searching the newsgroup. -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://ww...

Exchange Disaster recovery Group
Hi, Have successfully been to restore a mailbox using the Exchange Disaster Recovery Group. Have dismounted the database, can I now delete the database from the RSG and all the associated files from the folder on the drive? Thanks, Abhi Yes. If you are done with the Recovery Storage Group, simply dismount the database, then delete the database and Recovery Storage Group from System Manager, and delete the associated files on your drive. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot.com http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed) "Abhi" &...

Remove Marketing and Service Option from Left Nav Bar
When the only entity selected in a security role is Account access, we would like the options for Marketing and Service not to be seen in the left hand Nav bar. -- Thanks, Justin ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutio...

Adding on Option to an Option Group
I have created a form to give a report of 3 tables and give the user the ability to sort on a column by checking the check box on the header. I had to add another field to one of the tables and now need to add this to the option group.. how? Thanks Sue Found it - for others, you need to add the field to the record source for the form, then with the option group selected, open the field list and drag the new field onto the option group (at least I hope that is it) Sue (Sometimes it actually pays off to have a stack of books over a foot high on Access) "Design by Sue" wrote...

AP Trail Balance should have option to select by due date
I believe the AP Aged Trial Balance could be enhanced to allow to select transactions by a due date range. That way the report will provide a list of invoices that a due within a specific due date range. I have a clinet that has requested this functionality. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click ...

SQL Query and connection help
I would like to have a excel sheet connect to a db and run a query that can be refreshed. Can someone give me an example on how to do this with vb in code view? I found many examples but either none work, or I can get the data to be displayed on the worksheet. Excel 2007 ...

Insert options
I've recently been "upgraded" to Office 2010 from Office 2003 and find the "Ribbon" interface really horrible. A good example is in Excel. In Excel 2003 if I wanted to insert a row or column it was simple. Go to the insert menu and select either rows or columns. To do the same task in Excel 2010 the logical place to go is the "Insert" ribbon. This lets me insert lots of things, but none of them are rows or columns. To do that I have to go to the "Home" ribbon and then there is an Insert button from where I can insert rows or columns. I thought one ...

How to revalue an option buttons
Hi, I have option group in from to add values in table. These options use to add a percentage to the table. The first one has 50% labels; the second one has 55% and so on to 100%. The problem is when I retype the value of each option from 1 to 0.50 the value returns to 0. Can any body help me revaluing the value of each option? Thanks!! Check the field type, if its Long or Integer it will round the number and 0.5 will turn into 0. Change the field type to Double or Single -- Good Luck BS"D "Jon" wrote: > Hi, > I have option group in from to add values in table...

Picture Display
My Picture Display is on Detailed Display but, nothing is displaying? If I place a new graphic it will display but, once I save and re-open the file it will not display. Frea Wolfe wrote: > My Picture Display is on Detailed Display but, nothing is displaying? If I > place a new graphic it will display but, once I save and re-open the file it > will not display. Try http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs - third entry. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org ...

data validation
Is it possible to create a similar function like data validation, from which I can select multiple options? (Background: I need a list of many names, from which I case by case can select). Not really. Maybe you could use a listbox. I added a listbox from the Forms toolbar to a worksheet. I called it "List Box 1". I rightclicked on that listbox and chose Format Control. On the Control tab, I chose Selection Type of Multi. I also pointed at the range that held the values that go in that listbox. Then I added a button from the Forms toolbar (I click the button when I'm d...

Validation Options with option List
Good morning! i have set up an validation list option in Excel so i can choose what option to pick. For example, i can choose test1, test2 and/or test3. But what i want to try to do is when i choose one of the options test1,test2 and/or test3 i want for those options different fields like for example: Test1 this is the text of data for test1 When i choose the option Test2 i want the text or data cleared for test1 and see the text for option 2. I hope you can help me with this problem, thanks in advanced! Edo -- EdoZwart ---------------------------------------------------------------...

how to return max value with Vlookup
Hi I have 2 workbooks. The first one is the order form and the second on contains the data. In the date file, an item may appear 3-4 times wit different price. I did a formula to return a value using vlookup but it only returns m the first value. Is there a way to force Excel to return the maximum value? Thank. Johann -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You can do this with an array formula. A simple example: Your item names are in A1:A10 and the amounts are in B1:B10. The item name you want to look up is in C1. =MAX((C1=A1:A10)*B1:B10) To work this formula must be ...

print report according to value field
I am trying to print a report depending on a the field "OrderQty". i did created the code with the print command and the criteria and it looks like this: DoCmd.OpenReport "rptProduction", acViewPreview, WhereCondition:=strWhere, OpenArgs:=strDescrip DoCmd.PrintOut , , , , [OrderQty] however, it give me an error saying, that "|" field is not found. i looked through the code and tested the code, by putting 1 or 2 in place of OrderQty and it prints fine, that means to me that it's not the code and i looked to through the Query that the source of that R...

Problems with Excel Horizontal arrays with regional options using.
Entering a vertical array ={10;20} works ok, but horizontal array ={10,20} gives 10,2 ;-) in both cells instead of 10 and 20 in the two cells. This happens, I presume, because I work with a comma as decimal separator and NOT with the American . I do suppose that Excel has got some solution for this behaviour. I, in principle, do NOT want to change the regional options. ...

Remove text "Discount code: **" from receipt??
Hello, I have a weird problem within a receipt. I got two registers, with different receipt.xml linked. Register 1 prints on the receipt the text "Discountcode: ***" when an item is sold with discount. Register 2 doesn't print this text, even if I use the same receipt format?? I can't get what the problem is? Hope somebody can help me. Greetings Raymond Bakker the Netherlands Are you using windows drivers on one of the printers? "Raymond Bakker" <raymond.bakker@rebus-it.nl> wrote in message news:1C61DF7A-1E93-4BD2-ABDF-46731BDC9B25@microsoft.com.....