Open a Form at a Specific Time

I would like to open a form at a specific time of the day, everyday.

Please help?

User

Scheduled Tasks should do what you want.

Steps
1. Open Control Panel
2. Look for Scheduled Tasks and double click it.
3. Click Add Scheduled Task then follow the wizard

hope that helps

--
spread the WORD

NuBie
1/13/2010 6:43:16 PM
I'm sorry for the mix up, I should've been more specific.

The operation I need takes place within an already opened access form.

The main form stays open and at a specific time of day another form opens
within the same database. I would like the operation to occur every day at
the specified time.

Thanks

User
1/13/2010 7:09:19 PM
use the Form.Timer Event

here's a sample code. tweak it to suit your needs

Private Sub Form_Load()
    Form.TimerInterval = 1000               ' set time interval
End Sub

Private Sub Form_Timer()
    Label1.Caption = Time
End Sub

--
spread the WORD

NuBie
1/13/2010 8:04:11 PM
"User via AccessMonster.com" <u36225@uwe> wrote in message
>I would like to open a form at a specific time of the day, everyday.

This can only be done if the database itself is open at that time of day,
every day.  If you need to, you can use the system's task scheduler to make
that happen.  But from a later message in this thread, I think you are
assuming that the database will be open, and not only that, that a specific
form will also always be open.  In that case, you can use the Timer event of
that form (your "main form") to open the new form.

You would set the form's TimerInterval to some suitable value;  say, 60000,
which would make it fire every minute.  The exact value will depend on how
precise your timing needs to be.  You would have an event procedure for the
Timer event that would determine whether the current time is the time at
which you want to open the other form, *and also* whether it has already
been opened today.  If it's time to open it -- or past time -- and the form
hasn't yet been opened, the code would proceed to open it.

The exact method for determining whether the form has been opened already
today depends on things you haven't yet told us.  Will the database and the
main form remain open from day to day, without ever being closed?  I
wouldn't want to count on that.  Will the main form be opened more than once
a day?  If it's opened once and only once a day, then you might just turn
off the Timer event by setting the TimerInterval to 0 once you've opened the
second form -- if you aren't using the Timer event for anything else.  Or
you could record, in a database table, the date on which the second form was
last opened, and check that before opening the form again.

--
Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP

(please reply to the newsgroup)

0
Dirk
1/13/2010 8:07:22 PM
>Will the database and the main form remain open from day to day, without ever being closed?
 No, but the database is often left open from day to day.

> Will the main form be opened more than once a day?
Yes, the main form is opened many times throughout the day.

>if you aren't using the Timer event for anything else
I’m using the Timer to display the current system time on the main form.

User
1/13/2010 8:28:52 PM
> >Will the database and the main form remain open from day to day, without
> >ever being closed?
> No, but the database is often left open from day to day.
>
>> Will the main form be opened more than once a day?
> Yes, the main form is opened many times throughout the day.
>
>>if you aren't using the Timer event for anything else
> I’m using the Timer to display the current system time on the main form.

Then you have no choice but to record in the database the last date on which
the second form was opened.  Suppose you have a table, "Settings", and in
that table you have a date/time field named "FormLastOpened" (of course
these are example names).  Your form might have code like the following in
its module:

'------ start of example code ------
Option Compare Database
Option Explicit

Dim mdtFormLastOpened As Date

    ' Look up and save the date on which the
    ' secondary form was last opened.

    mdtFormLastOpened = _
            Nz(DLookup("FormLastOpened", "Settings"), 0)

End Sub

Private Sub Form_Timer()

    ' ... code to update the time display on this form ...

    ' See if we should open the second form.
    If mdtFormLastOpened <> Date() Then
        If Time() >= #12:00 PM# Then  ' PUT DESIRED TIME IN THIS STATEMENT
            mdtFormLastOpened = Date()
            DoCmd.OpenForm "YourSecondForm"
            DBEngine(0)(0).Execute _
                "UPDATE Settings SET FormLastOpened = Date()", _
                dbFailOnError
        End If
    End If

End Sub
'------ end of example code ------

--
Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP

(please reply to the newsgroup)

0
Dirk
1/13/2010 8:46:54 PM
Try this and see what happens

Private Sub Form_Load()
    Form.TimerInterval = 60000  ' initially fire it every minute
End Sub

Private Sub Form_Timer()
    hours = Format(Time, "h")
    If hours = 9 Then   'reset time interval at 9:00am or whatever
        Form.TimerInterval = 180000 'fire it every 3 hours instead of every
minute
    End If

    Select Case hours
    Case 9, 12, 15   'open forms at 9 AM, 12 noon, 3 PM
        'open form2 here
        MsgBox hours
    End Select

End Sub

User wrote:
>>Will the database and the main form remain open from day to day, without ever being closed?
> No, but the database is often left open from day to day.
>
>> Will the main form be opened more than once a day?
>Yes, the main form is opened many times throughout the day.
>
>>if you aren't using the Timer event for anything else
>I’m using the Timer to display the current system time on the main form.

--
spread the WORD

NuBie
1/13/2010 8:52:43 PM
>Then you have no choice but to record in the database the last date on which
>the second form was opened.

It seems like we may have gone a little off the track.

If the main form is left open, the second form should only open when the
system time is equal to 6:00pm.

Any other ideas?

User
1/13/2010 9:37:15 PM
It seems like we may have gone a little off the track.

If the main form is left open, the second form should only open when the
system time is equal to 6:00pm.

Any other ideas?

User
1/13/2010 9:38:06 PM
I got it! Thank you Everyone!

User
1/14/2010 4:13:07 AM
> >Then you have no choice but to record in the database the last date on
> >which
>>the second form was opened.
>
> It seems like we may have gone a little off the track.

It sems to me that you didn't understand my reply.

--
Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP

(please reply to the newsgroup)

0
Dirk

code to allow edits in form AND subform
Ok, here goes............. I have a form (frmBOL) which contains a subform (sfrmData). I have this code working to allow the form to be edited, but I can't seem to incorporate the subform into it. Everything I try gives me an error. Can anyone help? Private Sub cmdOK_Click() Dim sPassword As String sPassword = Nz(Me.txtPassword.Value, "") ' if it is a valid password, we let them edit the ' form that called this form. The calling form is ' responsible for check that the current user is ' either the QA tech on the record, or a me...

POP
Hello all, we have an issue where a PO was created with 4 line items and line item number 1 was not adding into the total on the report not the form which we did not know at the time.. then we had to edit line line 2 which at that time they noticed that the report was short still the line item #1 but the PO entry form showed the correct amount... I look into the tables and all seemed to be correct so it's just the report itself that is showing the incorrect amount.... any help would be great Hi Bam. See if the report itself has been customized. If it is, it could be a bug on the c...

Skip Records in a Form
I have a form in my database based on a table. The table is appended with new reocrds everyday. My goal is to have the form present only the new records and allow a user to key data into the new record and be recorded in the same table. The issue I have is that the form is displaying all records not just the new. Does anyone know a way to open a form and display only those records that have not been updated by the user? Thanks in advance Add a column for UpdateDate and update this column whenever a record is updated via the form. Set up a query to read all the rows/columns ...

Publisher 2000

opening links in outlook

Problem trying to open old money file

Email with tiny attachments open slow

Need an open house sign in sheet

Table to form
I have a field in a table called ID. 4 posititions. I have a field in a subform where I want to enter an ID. If the ID is not in the table, I want to know. How can I connect them? By the way, if it is not in the table, I would want a message to pop up or the ability to add to the table on the fly. Thanks. On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 10:36:25 -0500, "rob peterson" <buster@owc.net> wrote: >I have a field in a table called ID. 4 posititions. What do you mean by "positions"?? >I have a field in a subform where I want to enter an ID. If the ID is not in >the tabl...

opening links

cannot open excel file from outlook

Default Meeting Times
I am trying to re-set the default meeting times to either 25 minutes or 55 minutes. I am working on implementing processes whereby people are given 5 minutes in between meetings for whatever reason and it is to easy to default to the 30 and 60 minute time frames. Is this possible? "Stacey" <Stacey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4344BCCF-018D-44A2-9FED-0D0695B101A5@microsoft.com... >I am trying to re-set the default meeting times to either 25 minutes or 55 > minutes. I am working on implementing processes whereby people are given 5 > ...

Exported form shows error
I exported a table and form to another database for use in another facility I operate. When I go to open the form, an error is displayed stating..."The record source '~sq_cSaidTable~sq_cList70' specified on this form or report does not exist" It then proceeds to alter the record souce in the form in design veiw. I have done that and the error persists. How do I repair this? -- Deltadog-Sacramento River Delta fisher extrodinairre... ...

EXCEL Files open Slow

update many fields in a form from existing info.
I have 2 tables. One table stores various information about companies including company name, address, etc. The second table stores student names. In a form, I am able to enter mutiple student names into a memo field and, as of right now, type in the company name, address, etc. (it is not linked to the company name table at all). What I want to do is this: from the student add form, search the company table for a company based on partial name and/or zipcode, select one company from a possible 1 or more companies, and have the fields in the form automatically fill in - pulling the ...

Opening a second mdb file from an open mdb file
I have two mdb files (one used for general department use and the other for detailed reporting). For ease of maintenance, I'd like to keep these mdb files separate, but I would like to have the ability to open the second mdb file from the general dept Access program. Is there an exisitng macro or VBA code I could use to accomplish this task? Thanks for your help. Sure, you can easily just shell out to another app: http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0018.htm or even create a hyperlink that opens the file. Just create a label, go to the property sheet and enter a path in the hype...

Directory Open
Hi, I would like to create a Button which opens a dialog box, not to open a file but to open a directory. How should I do it? I thought of using CFileDialog but it does not allow for opening just a directory and not a file. I just want to read in the user selection of directory and the file name will be set in my application. Thanks! On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 22:15:36 -0800, Dave wrote: > I would like to create a Button which opens a dialog box, > not to open a file but to open a directory. > > How should I do it? > I thought of using CFileDialog but it does not allow for ...

have more money and more free time
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00BF_01C75267.936F4300 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Have you ever wondered... how some people can appear to do far less than = you do in a day and yet they have more money and more free time than = you? It's time to change that. Start getting paid to take online = surveys. Earn up to $150/hr. Start Right Now. http://mycashmker.paidetc.hop.clickbank.net/ ------=_NextPart_000_00BF_01C75267.936F4300 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1&quo...

how do i delete using COUNTIF for specific values?
i want to use a COUNTIF formula to delete cells if they contain a certain string of characters. for example, i want the formula to delete any cell that contains "_ue" the top 3 should be deleted. or instead of deleting, it could also return a value like yes/no so i could sort and delete. 48_ue13515 54615_ue1785 ao238_ue gs65fdg55 if possible i'd rather use a formula than a macro. A formula can't delete a cell - it can only mark a cell (or row) for deletion using a message like "yes" or "no". Assuming your values are in column A starting with A2, you c...