Open a Combo box using the keyboard

I have a combo box on an input form which I would like to open and make the
selection using the keyboard rather than turning to the mouse. This is
probably some built in thing but I don't see it in Help.
Thank you,
ern.


0
ernie
8/25/2007 5:21:33 PM
access.forms 6864 articles. 2 followers. Follow

15 Replies
4478 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 39

When the combo box has focus, F4 will drop the list down. You can move up 
and down through the list using the up and down arrows.

-- 
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele
(no private e-mails, please)


"ernie" <ernie@unspam.co.uk> wrote in message 
news:u8sPD705HHA.1212@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>I have a combo box on an input form which I would like to open and make the
> selection using the keyboard rather than turning to the mouse. This is
> probably some built in thing but I don't see it in Help.
> Thank you,
> ern.
>
> 


0
Douglas
8/25/2007 7:50:56 PM
You could set up a "hotkey" to set the focus on the combobox then drop it
down.

Place a command button on your form; name it CBODropDown.
Make its caption something like &DropDown Combobox
Goto Properties - Format and set Transparent property to YES

Private Sub CBODropDown_Click()
 YourComboBoxName.SetFocus
 YourComboBoxName.Dropdown
End Sub

Now the key combination <Alt> + <D> will dropdown the combobox

-- 
There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat!

Answers/posts based on Access 2000

Message posted via AccessMonster.com
http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200708/1

0
missinglinq
8/25/2007 8:09:36 PM
as an alternative, you can set a hotkey on any letter in the combobox
control's label, using the ampersand in the label's Caption property, and
add code to the combobox's Enter event procedure to dropdown the list, as

Private Sub ComboboxName_Enter()

    Me!ComboboxName.Dropdown

End Sub

hth


"missinglinq via AccessMonster.com" <u28780@uwe> wrote in message
news:773ce102b6abc@uwe...
> You could set up a "hotkey" to set the focus on the combobox then drop it
> down.
>
> Place a command button on your form; name it CBODropDown.
> Make its caption something like &DropDown Combobox
> Goto Properties - Format and set Transparent property to YES
>
> Private Sub CBODropDown_Click()
>  YourComboBoxName.SetFocus
>  YourComboBoxName.Dropdown
> End Sub
>
> Now the key combination <Alt> + <D> will dropdown the combobox
>
> -- 
> There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat!
>
> Answers/posts based on Access 2000
>
> Message posted via AccessMonster.com
> http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200708/1
>


0
tina
8/25/2007 11:36:54 PM
Much simpler, Tina! I didn't realize you could do that with the cbo label!

tina wrote:
>as an alternative, you can set a hotkey on any letter in the combobox
>control's label, using the ampersand in the label's Caption property, and
>add code to the combobox's Enter event procedure to dropdown the list, as
>
>Private Sub ComboboxName_Enter()
>
>    Me!ComboboxName.Dropdown
>
>End Sub
>
>hth
>
>> You could set up a "hotkey" to set the focus on the combobox then drop it
>> down.
>[quoted text clipped - 9 lines]
>>
>> Now the key combination <Alt> + <D> will dropdown the combobox

-- 
There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat!

Answers/posts based on Access 2000

Message posted via AccessMonster.com
http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200708/1

0
missinglinq
8/26/2007 12:33:22 AM
yes, you can use the ampersand in any form control's associated label to
create a hot key to set focus on that control.

hth


"missinglinq via AccessMonster.com" <u28780@uwe> wrote in message
news:773f2e9af01c6@uwe...
> Much simpler, Tina! I didn't realize you could do that with the cbo label!
>
> tina wrote:
> >as an alternative, you can set a hotkey on any letter in the combobox
> >control's label, using the ampersand in the label's Caption property, and
> >add code to the combobox's Enter event procedure to dropdown the list, as
> >
> >Private Sub ComboboxName_Enter()
> >
> >    Me!ComboboxName.Dropdown
> >
> >End Sub
> >
> >hth
> >
> >> You could set up a "hotkey" to set the focus on the combobox then drop
it
> >> down.
> >[quoted text clipped - 9 lines]
> >>
> >> Now the key combination <Alt> + <D> will dropdown the combobox
>
> -- 
> There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat!
>
> Answers/posts based on Access 2000
>
> Message posted via AccessMonster.com
> http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200708/1
>


0
tina
8/26/2007 2:27:15 AM
ernie wrote:
> I have a combo box on an input form which I would like to open and make the
> selection using the keyboard rather than turning to the mouse. This is
> probably some built in thing but I don't see it in Help.
> Thank you,
> ern.

In addition to F4, mentioned by Douglas Steele, hitting ALT + DownArrow 
is also a standard Windows shortcut to open a combo box.

-- 
Roy-Vidar
0
RoyVidar
8/26/2007 9:05:18 AM
"RoyVidar" <roy_vidarNOSPAM@yahoo.no> wrote in message
news:46d14251$0$7448$c83e3ef6@nn1-read.tele2.net...
> ernie wrote:
> > I have a combo box on an input form which I would like to open and make
the
> > selection using the keyboard rather than turning to the mouse. This is
> > probably some built in thing but I don't see it in Help.
> > Thank you,
> > ern.
>
> In addition to F4, mentioned by Douglas Steele, hitting ALT + DownArrow
> is also a standard Windows shortcut to open a combo box.
>
> --
> Roy-Vidar

Thank you, I should have known that.
Regards,
ern.


0
ernie
8/27/2007 8:23:00 PM
Useful in a list of options,
regards,
ern.

"tina" <nospam@address.com> wrote in message
news:7y5Ai.462111$p47.408413@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> yes, you can use the ampersand in any form control's associated label to
> create a hot key to set focus on that control.
>
> hth
>
>
> "missinglinq via AccessMonster.com" <u28780@uwe> wrote in message
> news:773f2e9af01c6@uwe...
> > Much simpler, Tina! I didn't realize you could do that with the cbo
label!
> >
> > tina wrote:
> > >as an alternative, you can set a hotkey on any letter in the combobox
> > >control's label, using the ampersand in the label's Caption property,
and
> > >add code to the combobox's Enter event procedure to dropdown the list,
as
> > >
> > >Private Sub ComboboxName_Enter()
> > >
> > >    Me!ComboboxName.Dropdown
> > >
> > >End Sub
> > >
> > >hth
> > >
> > >> You could set up a "hotkey" to set the focus on the combobox then
drop
> it
> > >> down.
> > >[quoted text clipped - 9 lines]
> > >>
> > >> Now the key combination <Alt> + <D> will dropdown the combobox
> >
> > --
> > There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat!
> >
> > Answers/posts based on Access 2000
> >
> > Message posted via AccessMonster.com
> > http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200708/1
> >
>
>

0
ernie
8/27/2007 9:10:01 PM
Thank you for F4,
ern.

"Douglas J. Steele" <NOSPAM_djsteele@NOSPAM_canada.com> wrote in message
news:eaQiIG15HHA.4436@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> When the combo box has focus, F4 will drop the list down. You can move up
> and down through the list using the up and down arrows.
>
> --
> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> http://I.Am/DougSteele
> (no private e-mails, please)
>
>
> "ernie" <ernie@unspam.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:u8sPD705HHA.1212@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> >I have a combo box on an input form which I would like to open and make
the
> > selection using the keyboard rather than turning to the mouse. This is
> > probably some built in thing but I don't see it in Help.
> > Thank you,
> > ern.
> >
> >
>
>

0
ernie
8/27/2007 10:20:38 PM
I'm like the home row keys too and hate moving to the mouse.

Private Sub YourControl_GotFocus()
    Me!YourControl.Dropdown
End Sub


-- 
Pete D.

"ernie" <ernie@unspam.co.uk> wrote in message 
news:OH7oY2a6HHA.980@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Useful in a list of options,
> regards,
> ern.
>
> "tina" <nospam@address.com> wrote in message
> news:7y5Ai.462111$p47.408413@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
>> yes, you can use the ampersand in any form control's associated label to
>> create a hot key to set focus on that control.
>>
>> hth
>>
>>
>> "missinglinq via AccessMonster.com" <u28780@uwe> wrote in message
>> news:773f2e9af01c6@uwe...
>> > Much simpler, Tina! I didn't realize you could do that with the cbo
> label!
>> >
>> > tina wrote:
>> > >as an alternative, you can set a hotkey on any letter in the combobox
>> > >control's label, using the ampersand in the label's Caption property,
> and
>> > >add code to the combobox's Enter event procedure to dropdown the list,
> as
>> > >
>> > >Private Sub ComboboxName_Enter()
>> > >
>> > >    Me!ComboboxName.Dropdown
>> > >
>> > >End Sub
>> > >
>> > >hth
>> > >
>> > >> You could set up a "hotkey" to set the focus on the combobox then
> drop
>> it
>> > >> down.
>> > >[quoted text clipped - 9 lines]
>> > >>
>> > >> Now the key combination <Alt> + <D> will dropdown the combobox
>> >
>> > --
>> > There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat!
>> >
>> > Answers/posts based on Access 2000
>> >
>> > Message posted via AccessMonster.com
>> > http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200708/1
>> >
>>
>>
> 


0
Pete
8/28/2007 9:42:21 PM
I have built the expression =[Combo8].[AutoExpand] in the On Got Focus event
of the combo box, it does not work to drop the box on it getting the focus,
should I replace AutoExpand with Dropdown? I don't know where to put your
(personalized) code, could you give more detail please.

Thank you,
ern.

"Pete D." <pduffy211@CAPS_AREcox.net_JUNK> wrote in message
news:uE0Bi.293067$LE1.233790@newsfe13.lga...
> I'm like the home row keys too and hate moving to the mouse.
>
> Private Sub YourControl_GotFocus()
>     Me!YourControl.Dropdown
> End Sub
>
>
> --
> Pete D.
>
> "ernie" <ernie@unspam.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:OH7oY2a6HHA.980@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> > Useful in a list of options,
> > regards,
> > ern.
> >
> > "tina" <nospam@address.com> wrote in message
> > news:7y5Ai.462111$p47.408413@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> >> yes, you can use the ampersand in any form control's associated label
to
> >> create a hot key to set focus on that control.
> >>
> >> hth
> >>
> >>
> >> "missinglinq via AccessMonster.com" <u28780@uwe> wrote in message
> >> news:773f2e9af01c6@uwe...
> >> > Much simpler, Tina! I didn't realize you could do that with the cbo
> > label!
> >> >
> >> > tina wrote:
> >> > >as an alternative, you can set a hotkey on any letter in the
combobox
> >> > >control's label, using the ampersand in the label's Caption
property,
> > and
> >> > >add code to the combobox's Enter event procedure to dropdown the
list,
> > as
> >> > >
> >> > >Private Sub ComboboxName_Enter()
> >> > >
> >> > >    Me!ComboboxName.Dropdown
> >> > >
> >> > >End Sub
> >> > >
> >> > >hth
> >> > >
> >> > >> You could set up a "hotkey" to set the focus on the combobox then
> > drop
> >> it
> >> > >> down.
> >> > >[quoted text clipped - 9 lines]
> >> > >>
> >> > >> Now the key combination <Alt> + <D> will dropdown the combobox
> >> >
> >> > --
> >> > There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat!
> >> >
> >> > Answers/posts based on Access 2000
> >> >
> >> > Message posted via AccessMonster.com
> >> > http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200708/1
> >> >
> >>
> >>
> >
>
>

0
ernie
8/30/2007 10:08:04 PM
In the combo box right click while in design mode.  put your cursor in the 
event GotFocus and then click the dropdown on the right.  Go to the code 
window and you will see Private Sub YourControlName_GotFocus()  Add
Me!YourControlName.Dropdown and end sub will be their already.  Every time 
cursor goes to this box it will drop down for you.


Private Sub YourControl_GotFocus()
    Me!YourControl.Dropdown
End Sub


-- 
Pete D.

"ernie" <ernie@unspam.co.uk> wrote in message 
news:%23oPAY%23$6HHA.1208@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>I have built the expression =[Combo8].[AutoExpand] in the On Got Focus 
>event
> of the combo box, it does not work to drop the box on it getting the 
> focus,
> should I replace AutoExpand with Dropdown? I don't know where to put your
> (personalized) code, could you give more detail please.
>
> Thank you,
> ern.
>
> "Pete D." <pduffy211@CAPS_AREcox.net_JUNK> wrote in message
> news:uE0Bi.293067$LE1.233790@newsfe13.lga...
>> I'm like the home row keys too and hate moving to the mouse.
>>
>> Private Sub YourControl_GotFocus()
>>     Me!YourControl.Dropdown
>> End Sub
>>
>>
>> --
>> Pete D.
>>
>> "ernie" <ernie@unspam.co.uk> wrote in message
>> news:OH7oY2a6HHA.980@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>> > Useful in a list of options,
>> > regards,
>> > ern.
>> >
>> > "tina" <nospam@address.com> wrote in message
>> > news:7y5Ai.462111$p47.408413@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
>> >> yes, you can use the ampersand in any form control's associated label
> to
>> >> create a hot key to set focus on that control.
>> >>
>> >> hth
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> "missinglinq via AccessMonster.com" <u28780@uwe> wrote in message
>> >> news:773f2e9af01c6@uwe...
>> >> > Much simpler, Tina! I didn't realize you could do that with the cbo
>> > label!
>> >> >
>> >> > tina wrote:
>> >> > >as an alternative, you can set a hotkey on any letter in the
> combobox
>> >> > >control's label, using the ampersand in the label's Caption
> property,
>> > and
>> >> > >add code to the combobox's Enter event procedure to dropdown the
> list,
>> > as
>> >> > >
>> >> > >Private Sub ComboboxName_Enter()
>> >> > >
>> >> > >    Me!ComboboxName.Dropdown
>> >> > >
>> >> > >End Sub
>> >> > >
>> >> > >hth
>> >> > >
>> >> > >> You could set up a "hotkey" to set the focus on the combobox then
>> > drop
>> >> it
>> >> > >> down.
>> >> > >[quoted text clipped - 9 lines]
>> >> > >>
>> >> > >> Now the key combination <Alt> + <D> will dropdown the combobox
>> >> >
>> >> > --
>> >> > There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat!
>> >> >
>> >> > Answers/posts based on Access 2000
>> >> >
>> >> > Message posted via AccessMonster.com
>> >> > http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200708/1
>> >> >
>> >>
>> >>
>> >
>>
>>
> 


0
Pete
8/31/2007 10:47:31 PM
That's great, works fine. Thank you.

Regards,
ern.

"Pete D." <pduffy211@CAPS_AREcox.net_JUNK> wrote in message
news:AT0Ci.69283$GO6.15166@newsfe21.lga...
> In the combo box right click while in design mode.  put your cursor in the
> event GotFocus and then click the dropdown on the right.  Go to the code
> window and you will see Private Sub YourControlName_GotFocus()  Add
> Me!YourControlName.Dropdown and end sub will be their already.  Every time
> cursor goes to this box it will drop down for you.
>
>
> Private Sub YourControl_GotFocus()
>     Me!YourControl.Dropdown
> End Sub
>
>
> --
> Pete D.
>
> "ernie" <ernie@unspam.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:%23oPAY%23$6HHA.1208@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> >I have built the expression =[Combo8].[AutoExpand] in the On Got Focus
> >event
> > of the combo box, it does not work to drop the box on it getting the
> > focus,
> > should I replace AutoExpand with Dropdown? I don't know where to put
your
> > (personalized) code, could you give more detail please.
> >
> > Thank you,
> > ern.
> >
> > "Pete D." <pduffy211@CAPS_AREcox.net_JUNK> wrote in message
> > news:uE0Bi.293067$LE1.233790@newsfe13.lga...
> >> I'm like the home row keys too and hate moving to the mouse.
> >>
> >> Private Sub YourControl_GotFocus()
> >>     Me!YourControl.Dropdown
> >> End Sub
> >>
> >>
> >> --
> >> Pete D.
> >>
> >> "ernie" <ernie@unspam.co.uk> wrote in message
> >> news:OH7oY2a6HHA.980@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> >> > Useful in a list of options,
> >> > regards,
> >> > ern.
> >> >
> >> > "tina" <nospam@address.com> wrote in message
> >> > news:7y5Ai.462111$p47.408413@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> >> >> yes, you can use the ampersand in any form control's associated
label
> > to
> >> >> create a hot key to set focus on that control.
> >> >>
> >> >> hth
> >> >>
> >> >>
> >> >> "missinglinq via AccessMonster.com" <u28780@uwe> wrote in message
> >> >> news:773f2e9af01c6@uwe...
> >> >> > Much simpler, Tina! I didn't realize you could do that with the
cbo
> >> > label!
> >> >> >
> >> >> > tina wrote:
> >> >> > >as an alternative, you can set a hotkey on any letter in the
> > combobox
> >> >> > >control's label, using the ampersand in the label's Caption
> > property,
> >> > and
> >> >> > >add code to the combobox's Enter event procedure to dropdown the
> > list,
> >> > as
> >> >> > >
> >> >> > >Private Sub ComboboxName_Enter()
> >> >> > >
> >> >> > >    Me!ComboboxName.Dropdown
> >> >> > >
> >> >> > >End Sub
> >> >> > >
> >> >> > >hth
> >> >> > >
> >> >> > >> You could set up a "hotkey" to set the focus on the combobox
then
> >> > drop
> >> >> it
> >> >> > >> down.
> >> >> > >[quoted text clipped - 9 lines]
> >> >> > >>
> >> >> > >> Now the key combination <Alt> + <D> will dropdown the combobox
> >> >> >
> >> >> > --
> >> >> > There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat!
> >> >> >
> >> >> > Answers/posts based on Access 2000
> >> >> >
> >> >> > Message posted via AccessMonster.com
> >> >> > http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200708/1
> >> >> >
> >> >>
> >> >>
> >> >
> >>
> >>
> >
>
>

0
ernie
9/5/2007 11:29:19 AM
"ernie" <ernie@unspam.co.uk> wrote

 > I have built the expression =[Combo8].[AutoExpand]
 > in the On Got Focus event of the combo box,
 > it does not work to drop the box on it getting the focus,
 > should I replace AutoExpand with Dropdown?

What happened when you tried doing so?

 Larry Linson
 Microsoft Access MVP


0
Larry
9/7/2007 3:29:45 AM
Oops, I never did try "Dropdown" after getting Pete D's code into the Event
Procedure.
OK, I just tried it and it works fine. Is there a preferred method?
Thank you,
ern.

"Larry Linson" <bouncer@localhost.not> wrote in message
news:Od74M9P8HHA.2004@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> "ernie" <ernie@unspam.co.uk> wrote
>
>  > I have built the expression =[Combo8].[AutoExpand]
>  > in the On Got Focus event of the combo box,
>  > it does not work to drop the box on it getting the focus,
>  > should I replace AutoExpand with Dropdown?
>
> What happened when you tried doing so?
>
>  Larry Linson
>  Microsoft Access MVP
>
>


0
ernie
9/8/2007 2:01:44 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

when i open an attachment it just shows a box i cannot open
Attachment, whether docs or pictures won't open. I can preview them inside the window pane, but then have to copy to word doc to print. Should be able to open attachment and then print just from there. Please help. It's like the Microsoft Picture manager is working strangely. ...

Opening a paramater form when open a report
I have a repor that takes date parameters from a seperate form.. As it is now I have to open the form put in the paramaters and then run the report which is based on a query... I would like to have the form pop up when I open the report and then close once once the report has run.. Help Please And thanks in advance bob On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 11:56:00 -0700, Bob wrote: > I have a repor that takes date parameters from a seperate form.. As it is now > I have to open the form put in the paramaters and then run the report which > is based on a query... > > I would like to ...

Combo Box #10
Can someone give me a lame, dummy version on how to create a combo box in a cell that has a list and shows the answer selected at the top? I also need my formulas to be able to count how many times a given answer was chosen in the box. If not, that's ok. Brandy: Both of the questions you're asking are pretty straightforward. Here goes: 1) The combo box. First thing is to choose a range ON THE SAME WORKSHEET that contains the values you want for your combo box. 2) Once you have those cells filled out, go to the first cell where you want to have the combo box. 3) Go to yo...

How do I get my MS Pub 2000 to open Pub files from Pub 2003?
i cannot get my Publisher 2000 to open files from Pub 2003....do i have to buy Pub 2003? or is there a solution that I can download? I have already disabled my antivirus and that didn't do anything.. also my files are not "read only". pls help. thx. Novice Novice <Novice@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > i cannot get my Publisher 2000 to open files from Pub 2003....do i > have to buy Pub 2003? or is there a solution that I can download? I > have already disabled my antivirus and that didn't do anything.. also > my files ...

Checkbox in List Box
I am wondering if it is possible to have a checkbox show up in a listbox based on the value returned in one of the columns? On May 24, 12:27 am, Klatuu <Kla...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > no > -- > Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP > > "Rockn" wrote: > > I am wondering if it is possible to have a checkbox show up in a listbox > > based on the value returned in one of the columns? If you want to do it, you have to insert a subform in your form and that should be in datasheet view, then you can enable users to check or uncheck values or to...

Publisher 2000
After I open the Publisher 2000 program and attempt to open a file or create a new document, I get the message "Microsoft Publisher 2000 Version 6.0 has encoountered a problem and needs to close. WE are sorry for the inconvenience". I tried repairing the program and even reinstalling it, but that did not correct it. Suggestions? If you are trying to use Publisher on a network - don't it is not intended for a network Publisher files have to be worked on and saved to the local hard drive ONLY. -- Hi tom (tevanz@bellsouth.net), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: ...

Rebelious Text Box
I have a text box on a form, that its control source is a memo field. I have the Verticle scroll bar selected in the properties, but it still wont become scrollable when the text in the field is more than the view of the text box. How do I spank this box into shape (in other words, what am I missing)? Make sure the internal margins are set to zero. Unless you are using Access 2007, your version may not handle the scrollbars correctly if the internal margins are set. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply ...

opening links in outlook
why i can not open links attached to my e-mails mike wrote: >why i can not open links attached to my e-mails > I think you did some mistake in typing so just do one thing first type the link in notepad and then direct copy and paste that in your mail. -- Stellar Information Systems Ltd. D18, Sector-33, Infocity Phase II, Gurgaon-122001 Phone : (0124) 326 6069, 432 6700 Website : http://www.stellarinfo.co.in/ What happens when you try? Do you get the error; "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer" See http://www.m...

Problem trying to open old money file
Hi, I am trying to open a four-month old money file, which was on my backup disk. It is a *.mny file, not a backup file. It was created using the same version of Money (2005) which I still use. When I start MS MONEY and try open my old data file, it tells my that it wants convert my file so it works with this version. (Not sure why as the file was created in this version of MS Money). Then when I try and carry out the conversion it gives the following error message. "Money cannot locate xxxx or cannot open it, possibly because it is a read-only file or you do not have...

Using Workflow to update a picklist property.
How can we modify a value of a picklist in the workflow? For example when someone modify a picklist property on the Contact, I want the picklist property on Account with the same options is changed as well. How to do this? Create a new workflow under contact. Check Start when: “Record attributes change” Hit “select” button and chose respective pick list attribute (Changes to the attribute will trigger this workflow) Now add steps to the workflow 1) Check condition - select the contact pick list and pick list value from set properties 2) Add another step "Update record" Select “...

Running Virus Scan Slowing down opening files
3 minutes to open files in excel and word Are you using kaspersky virusscan? It is know for it. If yes please ask you administrator to exclude scan on harddisk or network files in the settings. -- Arien ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Arien's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1892 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=390878 All Virus Scanning can be stopped: If your using Norton Follow the below if you want to open documents much faster Open Norton Click on: Norton Interne...

Email with tiny attachments open slow
Good Day All, I am using Exchange server 200 and Outlook 2003 mail client. I have started to experience with a single machine where all of a sudden reading emails with attachments of any size, even 6k, slows greatly. Just selecting the email item in the list takes at least 30 seconds before the lower pane shows the body of the selected item. No other client has the same problem even while this machine does. The problem seems to disappear at some point and then returns. The machine was connected to a 10Mbps switch so I changed to a 100Mbps switch and Event logs reveal nothing. I have ...

Need an open house sign in sheet
Need an open house sign in sheet That's interesting, but do you have a question about Publisher? -- James Bart: "According to creationism, there were no cavemen." Homer: "Well good riddance, their drawings sucked and they all looked like hippies!" "soozeeque" <soozeeque@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1096B15B-9766-4573-9FC2-2053BEC1F34B@microsoft.com... > Need an open house sign in sheet I would suggest keeping it simple. Use a table for the visitors' information and maybe your real estate company's logo...

cannot open excel file from outlook
Excel 2007 cannot open document eithout first saving and opening thru excel Try to re-register Excel. Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)>OK. See the space between exe and /regserver You might have to designate a full path to excel.exe. In that case Start>Run "C:\yourpath\excel.exe" /regserver(quotes required)>OK Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 11:38:12 -0800, Rick <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Excel 2007 cannot open document eithout first savi...

opening links
Whenever I try to open a link in Outlook XP -- (Win XP Pro) it opens a "open with" prompt/box. Point it to the .exe for your preferred browser and click okay. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | Whenever I try to open a link in Outlook XP -- (Win XP | Pro) it opens a "open with&quo...

Workbook always opens at a specific sheet and cell
I have a workbook consisting of many sheets. How do I make sure that everytime I open the work book, it would directly point to a specific sheet and cell? Hi put the following code in your workbook module (not in a standard module). sub workbook_open() me.worksheets("sheetx").activate end sub -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Zee wrote: > I have a workbook consisting of many sheets. How do I make sure that > everytime I open the work book, it would directly point to a specific > sheet and cell? methinks the original poster also wanted to activate a particu...

using my Money 2005 file on two different computers
I use MS Money 2005 for my personal financle data. My Money file lives on my computer. I want to have my bookkeeper enter data into this file. I want to be able to have her work on the data from her computer which is networked to my computer. We have tried opening the file from her computer over the network with no sucess. We can see the file but the password does not work. We have tried burning the file to a CD but when we try to open the file from her computer we can get the password to work. The same thing that happens when we try to restore a backup on her computer. We tried usi...

unable to open your default mail folders...
I am running XP Pro and Office XP 2002. I currently use Outlook express on this PC but want to switch over to Outlook. When I try to open Outlook I get the message- Unable to open your default mail folders. Could not open item. Try again. Any ideas what's going on ??? Thanks in advance!!! -- Dennis Have you created a mail profile and installed your mail account(s)? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scrat...

EXCEL Files open Slow
Why is it that when I open associated files for Office 2007 (.xlsx and ..docx) that they open SLOW (approx 15 seconds). However, if I have Excel or Word open and then attempt to open specific files, they open in a snap ? I have Office 2007, Vista Home Prsmium, a 2.4 Quad Core system, and four gigs of ram. Can someone please explain this and help me out ? Thanks. Hi, If I get your point - when you open the files in the Window Explorer (outside of Excel) it takes longer. Sometimes that if because Excel needs to launch, and that can be slower than just opening a file from inside of Excel...

Opening a second mdb file from an open mdb file
I have two mdb files (one used for general department use and the other for detailed reporting). For ease of maintenance, I'd like to keep these mdb files separate, but I would like to have the ability to open the second mdb file from the general dept Access program. Is there an exisitng macro or VBA code I could use to accomplish this task? Thanks for your help. Sure, you can easily just shell out to another app: http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0018.htm or even create a hyperlink that opens the file. Just create a label, go to the property sheet and enter a path in the hype...

How to display an object name in the Name Box in Excel 2007?
Hello: In Excel 2003, if I select a series in a graph, the Name Box shows the name of the series and the formula box shows the data range. However, in Excel 2007, it does not show anything in the Name Box. Is there an option to make it display? I scanned the Excel Options, but did not see any. Perhaps I miss it? Thanks, Q They forgot how useful that was. It was also visible in 2003 in the Chart toolbar. The selected chart element is visible in the top left control in the last two chart tools ribbon tabs. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltier...

Getting no of used rows in a worksheet
I ended up writing this function In an attempt to get the number of rows used in a worksheet. I tried using Rows.Count but it did not work (unless I was doing something stupid). This function does work, but I can't help wondering wether there is a more efficient method. Can anyone help??? ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Public Function GetNoOfRows(Optional ByVal sSheetName As String) As Long ' gets no of rows by searching for the first non blank row from the bottom. Returns the row num...

Directory Open
Hi, I would like to create a Button which opens a dialog box, not to open a file but to open a directory. How should I do it? I thought of using CFileDialog but it does not allow for opening just a directory and not a file. I just want to read in the user selection of directory and the file name will be set in my application. Thanks! On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 22:15:36 -0800, Dave wrote: > I would like to create a Button which opens a dialog box, > not to open a file but to open a directory. > > How should I do it? > I thought of using CFileDialog but it does not allow for ...

Deserialization Problems Using XmlWriter vs. StringReader
I'm experiencing issues where XmlSerialier.Deserialize throws an exception when attempting to use a MemoryStream built with an XmlWriter vs. a standalone StringReader. It is attempting to deserialize a complex object. Here is what I have: 0. Environment: Visual Studio 2005, VB.Net. I won't go into the gory details of my complex object, just suffice to say that I need to return XML instead of the object directly from the web service. I'm also not including all of the code around things (try..catches, etc.) 1. I've defined a object built by using the Xsd.exe tool against a ...

Use defined names in VBA?
Hi all Any way to have Excel generate links or dimension variables so that VBA can use the defined names on the spreadsheet (menu: insert > name > define)? Or is it best to just Dim all the same variable names in code to match the defined names? Thanks! Hi try something like dim rng as range set rng=range("your_defined_name") msgbox rng.address -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany JRocket02 wrote: > Hi all > > Any way to have Excel generate links or dimension variables so that > VBA can use the defined names on the spreadsheet (menu: insert > name &...