Not good with IIF statements - 77729

I think I found out where I explained myself wrong.  Can someone help.

I need an IIF statement for the following...

If the field [Current CommTech Level] equals CommTech 1 then in the field
[CommTech 1 Promotion Deadline] add 90 days to the field [Date of Last
Promotion] and display the result.  If not then the field [CommTech 1
Promotion Deadline] is blank.

Sorry for any confusion on an earlier post.

Thank you

--
Scot Rawlings
Technical Trainer

spcscooter

Then just modify the solution that Dave Hargis provided like this;

IIF([Current CommTech Level] = [CommTech 1],
[CommTech 1 Promotion Deadline] =
DateAdd("d", 90, [Date of Last Promotion]), Null)

You'll have to adjust for the line wrap.
--
_________

Sean Bailey

"spcscooter via AccessMonster.com" wrote:

> I think I found out where I explained myself wrong.  Can someone help.
>
> I need an IIF statement for the following...
>
> If the field [Current CommTech Level] equals CommTech 1 then in the field
> [CommTech 1 Promotion Deadline] add 90 days to the field [Date of Last
> Promotion] and display the result.  If not then the field [CommTech 1
> Promotion Deadline] is blank.
>
> Sorry for any confusion on an earlier post.
>
> Thank you
>
> --
> Scot Rawlings
> Technical Trainer
> Comcast
> Auburn, WA

If statements #2
I am rather new to if statements so I will explain my problem i words... I am making a backorder spreadsheet in excel to compare backorders pe company,SKU, and reason backordered. My data looks something like this Company ...............SKU.......................Backorder reason ABC Co.................Red Paint........................ran out ABC Co.................Blue Paint.......................wrong color Some Co................Blue Paint......................ran out Some Co.............Yellow Paint................... ran out My end result needs to compare The SKU to the company and t...

Issues with Select statement doing 'simple' math
Hello, I have tried numerous solutions to what should be a simple issue, but I have had no success. I am trying to gather some simple math values from a single table, and I cannot create the proper select statement. The below query works and provides the correct values: SELECT TOP (100) PERCENT MAX(DistCode) AS DistCode, MAX(DistName) AS DistName, MAX(CustServRep) AS CustServRep, COUNT(DistCode) AS AllOrders FROM dbo.[TABLE OrderHistory] AS OH WHERE (M2K_Timestamp >= CONVERT(DATETIME, '2010-03-01 00:00:00', 102)) AND (M2K_Timestamp < CONVERT(DATETIME, '...

Are these tree statement identical
Hi! I'm 99% sure that these three statement do the same thing but I just want to get it confirmed that's why I ask ? Decimal[] decimal1 = new decimal[5]; Array decimal2 = Array.CreateInstance(typeof(Decimal),5); Array decimal3 = Array.CreateInstance(Type.GetType("Decimal"),5); //Tony Tony Johansson wrote: > Hi! > > I'm 99% sure that these three statement do the same thing but I just > want to get it confirmed that's why I ask ? > > Decimal[] decimal1 = new decimal[5]; > Array decimal2 = Array.CreateInstance(typeof(Decim...

If Statement with 9 sequences
Hello everybody, I currently have an IF statement w/8 sequences and it is working properly. I'm doing this for tax purposes. When I try to add one more sequence, it doesn't work. basically I just want to say If B4<529,0. I want it to return a value of zero if cell B4 is < 529. Please help!!! Thanks! Daisy Daisy, maybe we can simplify your nested if, post your formula and the addition/change you want. -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering ...

copy a range in an IF statement
Hi all, A quick question please as it gas been a while since I used a spreadsheet and I seem to be stuck on something that should be simple. I am doing an automated time sheet for my wife, well her work anyway, and I can not get to copy a range in an IF statement. In English it is like this :- IF A=1 THEN copy "range1" to "range position 1" ELSE copy "range2" to "range position 1" I can do single cells but not a range which I think should be possible. If I do it with a formula in each cell it becomes too unwieldy but possible, any changes mea...

Sumif Statement #2
=SUMIF('SW LAST YEAR 02-03'!$B$2:$B$3875,$H$703,'SW LAST YEAR 02-03'!$G$2:$G$3875) I have this formula above, $G$2:$G$3875 = the month of October, next month $H$2:$H$3875 will refer to November. I have a list box with the months of the year in it. What I am trying to do is when I click on the list box and change it to November, I would like the formula to automatically update from $G$2:$G$3875 to $H$2:$H$3875. Can anyone help me???? Regards Ben Try:=SUMIF('SW LAST YEAR 02-03'!$B$2:$B$3875,$H$703,INDIRECT("'SW LAST YEAR 02-03'!G"&VLOOKUP(A1,...

Make cells blink and/or another display in another color in an IF statement
Is there a way to make a cell blink and/or display contents in color in IF statement returns? =IF(x1=0,x2,x3) Blink contents if x2 is returned Display contents in a different color if x3 is returned. Appreciative, Wayne Check out Chip Pearson's site: http://cpearson.com/excel/BlinkingText.aspx On 03/08/2011 19:03, wgd.roaming@verizon.net wrote: > > Is there a way to make a cell blink and/or display contents in color > in IF statement returns? > > =IF(x1=0,x2,x3) > > Blink contents if x2 is returned > Display contents in a different color if x3 is returned...

Sumproduct with if statement
Hi I am using the following formulae to pull data from a sheet containing data from Sage 50 (N/L Transactions) into an existing report. =IF(Sheet1!A:E<>"",("Call"),(SUMPRODUCT((MONTH(Sheet1!A2:A20000)=6)*(YEAR(Sheet1!A2:A20000)=2008)*(Sheet1!B2:B20000="4000")*(Sheet1!D2:D20000=1)*Sheet1!E2:E20000)*-1)) This works in cells 1 and 2 on the same row, however in cell 3 it evaluates the formula incorrectlly and returns Call, changing the formula to calculate if false resolves, if i then copy the data to cell 5 in the same row it returns #VALUE, Evaluating th...

Help with IF statement check value in multiple cells
I am trying to use an if statement that checks for a value across multiple cells and I can't seem to get it to work. I am not sure if I am supposed to use the COUNT or not. As an example I have 5 cells c1 c2 c3 c4 c5 And the value in these cells is either going to be Yes or No Then I have cell d1 This cell will have a value that is a number I need to use the above data in 2 different ways - one and IF(AND and one in and IF(Or I came up with the following ideas but neither seem to work: if(and(c1:c5="Yes",d1<1),"Good",If....(checks so...

wow. who else can spot the _TWO_ things wrong with this statement?
This support started with MSDE (Microsoft SQL Server Desktop Engine), a scaled down version of Microsoft SQL Server 2000, and continues with the SQL Server Express versions of SQL Server 2005 and 2008. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_access Actually, I thought YOU were the person writing the wikipedia article about MS Access! -- Since the content was extensively re-written a couple of years ago to pretend that Access features which are not exactly the same as SQL Server don't exist, I thought it must be you! Anyway, that article is one of the two I mention when I talk ...

iif statement returning syntax error
This statement returns a syntax error, indicating I may have entered an operand without an operator: IIf([alteredchoice]="no", "Unaltered at Intake", IIf ([alteredchoice]="spayed" And [spayneuterbillingstatuschoice]="prior to surrender", Altered at Intake", IIf ([alteredchoice]="neutered" And [spayneuterbillingstatuschoice]="prior to surrender", Altered at Intake", IIf ([alteredchoice]="spayed" And [spayneuterbillingstatuschoice]<>"prior to surrender", Unaltered at Intake", IIf ([alteredchoice...

Reprint Earnings Statement
A printing pocess of over 100 employees Earnings Statement has been interrupted. How can we recover from the specific point where the PC faulted? or can we just simply re-run the printing process of the entire statements run? Thanx Without knowing exactly what your status is, it's hard to give a good answer. Have you exited the Print Checks window? Did you post your payroll data? If you've already posted, there's no way to reprint the earnings statements. You would need to void the payments and process the payroll again or create a report that has the information th...

HELP! Multiple if statements on the same line
How do I get excel to give an answer when two conditions must be met? Basically, if L42>L43 and L43>0. If true, it goes on to a calculation. If false, the result is supposed to be 0. I can get condition one to work, but not both. Is it even possible to have two on the same line? Mathmatically, x>y>0 is valad, is it not? Here is what has been tried so far: if L42>L43 AND L43>0 if L42>L43 & L43>0 if L42>L43 + L43>0 if L43<L42 and 0<L43 Anyone have any suggesations? Thank you in advance for any help Try =IF(AND(L42>L43,L43>0),true,fals...

Links turn to text after formula is run. Not a good thing :-)
I have hyper links in some of the cells in column C when using the below formula. After the formula is run the links turn to text. Is there a way to keep them as links? =C1& " " & D1& " " &E1& " " &F1&G1 The hyperlinks in column C should remain hyperlinks. Are they changing? Or are you replacing them? Larry wrote: > I have hyper links in some of the cells in column C when using the > below formula. > After the formula is run the links turn to text. Is there a way to > keep them as links? > =C1& " "...

Date comparison in IIF statement in a query
I have a form with a control containing a date. This date is used in a query as part of a IIF statement included in the criteria row of the query: IIf(IsNull([Forms]![RiderMatchAnalysis]![Start Date]),[Meeting]![MeetingDate],>[Forms]![RiderMatchAnalysis]![Start Date]) The syntax must be wrong in some way as it does not return any records. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. LL wrote: >I have a form with a control containing a date. This date is used in a query >as part of a IIF statement included in the criteria row of the query: > >IIf(IsNull([Forms]...

what is the max no. of nested Ifs can an If Statements have in EXC
and how does one get around this limitation Hi StevenE The alleged limitation is 7. It is easy to overcome though. Try and use lookup, iso IF. You can also split your argument into more than one column, of which each can have 7 levels, but this is the long route, and dates back to before Office, when Lotus 123 was the in thing You can also use arrays "StevenE" wrote: > and how does one get around this limitation ...

Excel
Dont no if this will help - but here's goes. I am doing an assignment at uni, which involves building a model o excel and then doing a report. What I am having difficulty with is that you have to convert currenc into dollars - which is the only problem I having. You had to import database with all the data on which I have done and then import conversion table from the msn website - which I have also done. What dont understand is that the book which we are using has the assignmen more or less in but isnt good on the idea I need. Its says you creat an IF statement to convert the curren...

i have a good idea could be added to windows 7
I use windows operating system in programming automation,control and data acquisition systems and sometimes i face some problems. the most one is to puse some application to make some pc resources free untll resume the application back. my proposal is avalibility of Puse and resume/Continue in windows task manager. this help in many states as example some application need long time and i want to puse it and turn off pc then resume next day. also if system crach during some application running why not resume it automaticaly (configured) by itself.(in industry application). p...

Gift Loyalty Good or Bad?
Just wondering what people who use Gift Loyalty Add-On's think of them? Can't you do generally the same thing with just RMS? For example, issue customer cards via barcode, run a report for customers who spent over $100 for example, and issue a credit to them for say $5.00? Of course the amounts are examples...but what good is a loyalty program, please anyone explain? -- Thank You Vince :) I want a loyalty program to keep track of qualifying purchases. For example, there are several departments, and a few items from other departments that I want excluded from counting towar...

IIf and Trim
Hi, I use IIf([ReserveDate] Is Null,Null,([ReserveDate] & " & " & [ReserveDateTo])) to display ReserveDate & ReserveDateTo if ReserveDate is Null. It works fine. However, when ReserveDate has value, it displayed with &. Ex: 12/22/08 &. Would you please show me how to take the “&” off? Thanks Chi Try: [ReserveDate] & IIf(IsNull([ReserveDateTo]),Null," & " & [ReserveDateTo]) -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "Chi" wrote: > Hi, > > I use IIf([ReserveDate] Is Null,Null,([ReserveDate] & " &am...

Nested IIF for Hierachy
I have a report that shows equipment in a Hierachy format for each page. (Equip1, Eqp2.....Eqp5). Each equipment may or may not have a serial number. For the report I need to see the serial number that corresponds to the last Eqp in the Heirachy. For example: Pg 1 may have 1 Eqp1 2. Eqp2 3. Eqp3.............. I would want to see the serial number for Eqp3 if there is one or nothing if it is not. Pg 2. Might have 1 Eqp1 2. Eqp2 3. Eqp3 4. Eqp4.............I would want to see the serial number for Eqp4 if there is one or nothing if it is not. I was using this...

RMS Statements #2
Every month I end up printing statements with credit balances or zero balances. The only solution was to print blank sheets for zero balances. The other issue is sorting. We do everything by customer number and RMS prints by last name. Any suggestions? ...

If and Or statement #2
I am having trouble creating an If and Or statement: My spreadsheet looks like this: A1 100 A2 200 A3 300 A4 600 A4 is just a sum of the 3 cells above it. I want to say if any of the cells above the total line is negative then dont add that particular cell. I can do it if one cell is negative but what about 2? =SUM(IF(A1:A4>0,A1:A4) which is an array formula, so commit with Ctrl-Shift-Enter. -- HTH Bob Phillips "Matt" <Matt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E48743B3-93C7-4079-843C-C1DE11A6D7A4@microsoft.com... > I am having trouble creati...

Need keywords and index in Office help file. Online help no good
Online help can be annoying unless you know the exact words and phrase to type. If your searching for help and unsure what to type you end up with lots of useless suggestions. It was alot easier to determine what help may be usefull when a person could view and index and keywords based on what you were currently typing in the index box. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this lin...

National Account Statements
If you have a National Account set up for a given group of customers can you also run statements at that level? For example Customer A is the Parent and has Children Customer 1, Customer 2 and Customer 3. After invoices have been prepared and delivered can I run a statement process that would roll up all the activity for the children to the parent? Crystal Reports can do an excellent job of rolling these up. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications...