NEWBIE to ACCESS help with forms

Hi,

I am looking to have a form, With 1 combo boxes (telephone), and the
rest text boxes.
I want to be able to select a telephone number and have the other 2
boxes shows the associated firstname and last name

so for example.. I have a table with 3 fields
telephone
first name
last name

Additionally IF POSSIBLE  would want to be able to choose a last name,
and it
show the telephone and first name associated

Access 2003

Thanks in advance

0
potentus

When you create a combo box using the wizard, it gives you two options:
Save the combo box selection to a field or
Look up a record using the combo box selection.

You want the latter choice.

On Feb 13, 11:53=A0am, Olduke <Old...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> When you create a combo box using the wizard, it gives you two options:
> Save the combo box selection to a field or
> Look up a record using the combo box selection.
>
> You want the latter choice.
>

> "potentus" wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> > I am looking to have a form, With 1 combo boxes (telephone), and the
> > rest text boxes.
> > I want to be able to select a telephone number and have the other 2
> > boxes shows the associated firstname and last name
>
> > so for example.. I have a table with 3 fields
> > telephone
> > first name
> > last name
>
> > Additionally IF POSSIBLE =A0would want to be able to choose a last name,=

> > and it
> > show the telephone and first name associated
>
> > Access 2003
>
> > Thanks in advance- Hide quoted text -

I know how to populate the conbo box,
I want to know how Once I select a telephone in there, I can have
thefirst and last name autopopulate an additional box below
0
potentus

I need help to display a dialog from a resource-only DLL
Hi, I created a resource-only Dll to store string, dialog, icon and bitmap. With loadstring function i can load a string from this dll, but i don't know how dipslay a dialog from it. here is my code : UINT CDataResource::GetResourceDialog(int ResourceID) { // load resource LPCDLGTEMPLATE lpDialogTemplate = NULL; HGLOBAL hDialogTemplate = NULL; HINSTANCE hInst = AfxFindResourceHandle(MAKEINTRESOURCE(ResourceID), RT_DIALOG); HRSRC hResource = ::FindResource(hInst, MAKEINTRESOURCE(ResourceID), RT_DIALOG); hDialogTemplate = LoadResource(hInst, hResource); if (hDialogTemplate != NULL) ...

Accessing a Different GAL
How can i put a link(entry) to another companys Gal in my gal. Who would i have to contact and how would we set it up. I currently don't have access to their gal. For instance, I am employed by a govt. agency and i want to be able to see a different govt. agencies gal. remember both gals have entries from multiple sites within their own gal. You're best bet is to synchronize your directory with theirs. You can do this using Microsofts Identity Information Feature Pack, or some other 3rd party utility. When you set up the synchronization, ensure that their directory goes into...

X axis labels won't line up under corresponding column data
Only way I can get dates (year 1998, 1999 and on etc) to fall under annual income columns is to horse around with spacing, adding and subtracting spaces in the category axis drop-down box in Chart Options. Seems you can't even use the same number of spaces between each because if you add between two of them, adding the same number of spaces doesn'tnecessarily work between the next two. I have about 8 charts to mess with and can't find an easy way to do this. did you try this righclcik x axis, clcik <format axis> choose <scale> UNCHECK <value(y) axis crosed be...

Accessing class members ...
m_pEditBoxViewTemplate = new CMultiDocTemplate( IDR_MAINFRAME, NULL, RUNTIME_CLASS( CChildFrame ), // custom MDI child frame RUNTIME_CLASS( CEditBoxView )); ASSERT(m_pEditBoxViewTemplate); pDlgFrame = m_pEditBoxViewTemplate->CreateNewFrame(NULL, NULL); I need to be able to access a function within the CEditBoxView class, and I am not quite sure how. Any suggestions ? Dave wrote: > m_pEditBoxViewTemplate = new CMultiDocTemplate( IDR_MAINFRAME, > NULL, > RUNTIME_CLASS( CChildFrame ), // custom MDI child frame > RUNTIME_CLASS( CEditBoxView )); &...

Need help with http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=212686
I am trying to use the KB article at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=212686 to increment an Invoice number automatically. I am confused about where they want me to put the code. They make refference to storing the code in a "Protected form template" I don't know what this is. Can someone please help Thanks That's for Word isn't it. Try John's solution at http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "John" <anywhere@s.com> wrote in message news:OwiWKS0pFHA.1948@...

Newbie, accnts. payable & accnts.receivable sample DB
Hi guys, I�m running access 2003, windows xp pro SP2 I've been commission in my work to do a small application to track and report the accounts payable and accounts receivable movements, I'm not an accounting savvy person :(, does anyone know of a link or sample access database that can help me with the basic structure of the tables and reports?, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ...

Helo command rejected: Access denied
Hi all, I got a problem when i try to send message, the error message as below : Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: testing Sent: 29/7/2004 11:55 The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'support@xxx.COM' on 29/7/2004 11:56 The recipient name is not recognized The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=xxx (HK) Lt;l=xxxEX01-040729035523Z-29495 MSEXCH:IMS:xxx(HK) Ltd.:TDHK:xxxEX01 3554 (000B09B6) 554 <xxxex01.xxx.com>: Helo command rejected: Access denied ...

request help on enumeration/numbering algorithm
I have a bunch of dots that I draw on a form and connect them with lines. I have 3 basic groups of dots within a larger group (of which I have hundreds of the larger groups - meaning I will have nearly 1000 of the individual dot groups). I need to color code these dots with 3 separate colors. So starting with a counter at 1 -- the 1 dots group will be blue (for example) and 2 dots group will be yellow, the 3 dots group will be purple -- this is for the first big group. In the 2nd big group we have the 4 dots group (blue), the 5 dots group (yellow), the 6 dots group (purple). Then ...

Access 2003 >> Access 2007 (Run-time error 2467)
Hi. I'm trying out how our access 2003 applications work in access 2007. Unfortunately, lots of forms refuse to open. Where the error occures is Form_Current event, which contains something like std = "SELECT ....." Me.Subform_Name![Field Name].RowSource = std The program reports an error: "Run-time error '2467': The expression you entered refers to an object that is closed or doesn't exist." Anyone has any ideas how to fix this? Technically, that shouldn't work in Access 2003 either, but it wasn't quite as sticky about the syntax. To refer t...

MS Access

exchange 2003 email access
Can I setup exchange 2003 clients to login to it as apposed to being authenticated by the DOMAIN? I have two domains in diferrent locations but want to share one exchange and accessed by IP address as apposed to the computer name. Thanks, Raul Rego rrego@njpies.org Can you explain what you're trying to achieve a little more? Are you trying to get users from domain A to access an exchange server in domain B? "Raul Rego" wrote: > Can I setup exchange 2003 clients to login to it as apposed to being > authenticated by the DOMAIN? > > I have two domains in di...

Problem with TransferSpreadsheet in Access 2007
I'm having a problem with the TransferSpreadsheet method in Access 2007. The TransferSpreadsheet method is exporting a query to Excel, and it has been working fine under Access 2002. Under 2007, however, Access seems to truncate up some of the query column names, with the result that Access doesn't recognize them and prompts me for values for those columns. The problem is reproducible, occurring on the same columns every time. If I open the query directly the column names are fine and it exports to Excel with no problems; it seems to happen only with the TransferSpreadsheet meth...

Visio Newbie
Hello all, this is my first time using Visio for drawing a floor plan and I have a quick question. Yesterday, (Using a tape measure) I mapped out the floor plan of an office my company might be moving into. I wrote everything down in Inches. Is there a way once I get a room shape kinda close to teh measurements, that I can manually type in teh length for each wall? if not in inches, at least in feet. For example, I have one wall that is 154 inches ( 12.83 ft) Then the next wall is 242 incehs( 20.1 ft) The opposite wall of the first measurement is 288 inches, third wall 100 inches, then 13...

ASAP: Accessing ROot
I am having problems accessing the root on an Exchange 5.5 server. When I use "LDAP:\\Servername:Serverport" it directely goes to the default Naming Context. How do you overrided this. I have also tried RootDSE. Thanks ...

accessing autosaves after closing program?
Recently I’ve managed to close a few documents (excel and word) without saving them. Not very clever I know. I know as you are working in these programs you can autosave, which saves the document in a temporary file. But when you close a document the temporary file gets deleted / is not obviously accessible. 1. is it possible to access these so I could open the last autosave? Or 2. is it possible to change some setting / autosave location so these autosaved files are available after I close the program? Actually, autosave just overwrites the file in place but it has to be saved at least...

C++ / Access Newbie
Hi Folks... I have a small commercial package written in C++ (targeted to Windows platforms) that uses its own proprietary database. We are just starting to investigate the option of replacing our database with a commercial package, such as Access or MySQL. Can anyone recommend informative reading that provides details on programming C++ with either of these two databases? At this stage we have no (any I mean ZERO) experience such programming. Any information would be helpful: recommendations for Access over MySQL (or vice versa), sources of such comparisons, licensing considerations, OD...

Exchange newbie problem
Hi all; A user on our domain was deleted when he should not have been. His mail box was not deleted. When his account was recreated, we tried to reconnect the old mailbox. But when selecting a user in the "Select a new user for this mailbox" dialog a message comes back saying that the user cannot be found. We tried several different users a none can be found even though they can get there mail just fine. We need to get the messages from this mailbox. Any ideas would be great -- Craig in the High Desert. craig@craignet.com But it's a dry heat. you should be able to reconnec...

HELP: Sheet embedded comboboxes
Hi all, I am assisting somebody with their excel project and they have a sheet with comboboxes in it. When a value is selected, it populates cells underneath, however when the data is freshly loaded, the cell underneath is given the value but the combobox does not update to this value. I have tried to click on the box to edit it, however no matter how many times i click i cannot seem to get it to recognise i've clicked. In other words, the resizing box does not come up and i have no right-click menu. All i can do is select from the drop down list without any editing of the proper...

newbie
joining the group Hey Newbie where are you from and what versiona re you using? Fliehigh "cthomas23@hotmail.com" wrote: > joining the group > ...

Applying Hyperlink in Access Genrated Email
I am trying to apply a hyperlink to an email that is generated out of Access and sent to Outlook The message body needs to say something like this: The Report is now posted on the server: LINK: \\Server\Test I need the \\Server\Test to be hyperlinked above Below is what I have so far On Error GoTo Err_cmdEmail_Click Dim StrTemp As String StrTemp = Format("\\bhihnbwfa01\Groups\HRR_WFA\300_General Employee Data\Org_View", HTML) Can this be done? Dim strDocName As String Dim strEmail As String Dim strMailSubject As String Dim strMsg As St...

Need help finding the right function, please
The cells in Col A contain one of four values. The cells in Col D contain dates. I want to return the highest date for each of the four values. I'm having a difficult time understanding how the different look up functions work to allow me to get =(MAX(all dates in Cold D where Col A = "x")). The Help files for both LOOKUP and VLOOKUP indicate the values in the column to be searched must be sorted in ascending order. That can't happen in this sheet. I'm stuck with them as they are. A drop-kick in the right direction would be much appreciated!! Ed Try =MAX(IF(A1:A...

removing access to unsafe attachments
Every once in a while I will get the message that "OE has removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail" I have not thought much about it until I e-mailed myself some attachments from my home computer which I know does not have a virus and the attachments are not "unsafe" If it automatically removes access to it, can I somehow get access to the attachments I sent. I really need to have them here at work and they are too big to put on a disk and bring with me. Any help? Carol Husted Carol Husted Bashed at the keyboard and said: > Every onc...

Help with Excel ActiveX listbox controls
Hi! I�m trying to create listboxes that displays data from a named range spanning multiple columns. I am able to populate the listbox with data and use it without any problems. However, if the sheet that contains the listboxes changes, the size/dimensions of the listbox unexpectedly also changes. Since I have not written any procedures that control the height/width properties of the listboxes, I cannot determine why the dimensions of the listboxes are changing. I have attached a spreadsheet that illustrates this problem. When you open the spreadsheet, you should see two listboxes named Lis...

Help on SUM cells with formulas
At F199 I have the formula =SUM(F177:F198) but rows 177 to 198 contain formulas like =(+E180-E179) and F199 formula won't work. Do I need to extract correctly the values only? is it possible? Thanks much. Benjamin What exactly does "formula won't work" mean? What kind of return are you getting? No answer? - Wrong answer? - Error message? -- Regards, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! -------------------------------------------------------------------...

Real Newbie newbie question
Hi All - I hope you can help me! I have Finepix M603 camera and although I take reasonable shots in daytime, I'm not able to produce anything at night. eg On The Thames on New Years Eve, may people were using digital cameras and their screens should clear bright picture - mine was black! What setting should I set on mine? Any advice really appreciated. --- David Scott Hampshire, England Wrong group. Sorry....... -- --- David Scott Hampshire, England "Dave" <cadasco@SUPERhotmail.com> wrote in message news:50kuejF1fh28sU1@mid.individual.net... > Hi All - I hope...