Need to stay on first sheet

I have an inventory database. I have two tables.

One for people, TblPeople. One for invoices, TblInvoice.

TblInvoice has invoice as a primary key (autonumber)

I have a query that will create a new invoice number whenever

I input a new customer number. Great.

My problem.

On the form, whenever I create a new number, it creates a new blank sheet (2
of 2).

How do set it to not create a second blank sheet and stay on the first sheet
with my new number (1 of 1)?

EB

On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 19:27:44 +0100, "e b" <me@yahoo.com> wrote:

>I have an inventory database. I have two tables.
>
>One for people, TblPeople. One for invoices, TblInvoice.
>
>TblInvoice has invoice as a primary key (autonumber)
>
>I have a query that will create a new invoice number whenever
>I input a new customer number. Great.

Well... not so great, I fear. Creating an empty "placeholder" record is
generally neither necessary nor a good idea.

Since a person very well might have two or more invoices (surely you want
repeat business!) you may want to consider using a Form for People, with a
Subform bound to the Invoices table; use the PersonID as the master/child link
field. This will allow you to enter an invoice when you have data for that
invoice, and have it automatically inherit the foreign key to tblPeople.

If you're entering data directly in tables... don't. Tables are for data
storage, not for interacting with data; accordingly they have very few tools
available for working with data. Forms on the other hand have a rich set.

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John

Not sure if Excel can do what i need

Excel need help

Need Help Linking Sheets

Macro help needed........

how do i switch between multiple sheets in the same workbook (key.
Hi CTRL-PGUP CTRL-PGDOWN "Catalin" wrote: > You can also see different tabs or sections from the same workbook by opening up a second view of the workbook by clicking on Window/New Window. After doing this reduce the size of the :1 workbook and then reduce the size of the :2 workbook so that both views can fit on the screen. Then you can mouse click back and forth between the windows. "Catalin" wrote: > Window->Arrange works nice on 2 copies of the same workbook, too. However, I find it fights with autosave in excel 2000. "cvgairport"...

Opening blank sheet with set format
Hi, apologies for asking what's probably a common question... How can I change the blank Excel sheet default (the one you get if you click on the toolbar icon) so that it comes up with the font being Arial Narrow size 8 in every cell? Thanks in advance Daniel Create a new workbook. change the font setting to what you want. Save it as Book.xlt in your XLStart folder (as a template) Daniel Bonallack wrote: > > Hi, apologies for asking what's probably a common question... > > How can I change the blank Excel sheet default (the one you get if you click > on the toolb...

Need to test a mobo

Modal property sheet.
My application has a modal property sheet. Normally if the operator presses "Cancel" the logic throws away the data changes and the sheet closes. Instead this is what I want to happen: I check if any data changes were made. If changes were made, I pop up an OK/Cancel message box asking the question: "Data has been modified. Press OK to discard data modifications." So if the operator clicks OK, I throw away the data changes and the property sheet closes. But if the operator clicks Cancel, I want to allow the property sheet to continue living. In other words... I want ...

How do capture the first three characters from one cell to another cell
"AGC4039" is in cell 1. I want cell 2 to grab the first thre characters from cell 1 so it will display "AGC" Anybody know if excel can do this? Thanks for your help! Ale -- ExcelAle ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ExcelAlex's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1555 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27129 =LEFT(cell1,3) works dandy -- jared ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jaredh's Profile: http://www.excelfor...

Help needed

Sheets in a workbook
Is there an easy way to have input information to a main sheet and if the criteria is meet it would auto fill into another sheet. I have nine columns with different information. If one of the columns meets the criteria the whole row goes to another sheet. Like the name Bailey is in a certain row in that column that whole row would fill in on another sheet.How would I do this? Thanks in Advance Penny I assume that the destination sheet is not always the same but is dependent on the name in that certain column. So you have multiple destination sheets. I further assume that you want...

Need help on this....thanks

I need Help

need help badly

My hide sheet option in excel is not working
My hide sheet option in Excel is not working. It is grayed out so I can not toggle nor use it to hide or unhide sheets. Security is at Medium - would appreciate any insight into how to fix this. Is the sheet protected? You cannot hide a protected sheet. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "arleen" <arleen @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D028B90F-6DDB-4DE6-9F5C-22C137FBE927@microsoft.com... > My hide sheet option in Excel is not working. It is grayed out > so I can not > toggle n...

Excel work sheets
Hi, I need a formula that will automatically pull information from one worksheet to another. I need to be able to seperate all of the plans, procedures ect from the main work sheet to there own. I have no idea how to do this, so any help with be appreciated. Heather You don't provide enough information for anyone to help you. Pulling information from one worksheet to another is fairly simple. But what information? Where is it? Where do you want it to go? You say "to their own". How is the destination identified in the source sheet? You have t...

Field with both first name and last name
I have a table where the field PRODUCTION_DESIGNER is composed of a persons first and last name with a single space between them, for example "David Henderson" is in the contents. Select this field and truncate this to the initials of the first and last name and place into another field leaving the original field untouched. The new field would have "DH" as its contents. Thank you Use the expression Left(Production_Designer,1) & Mid(Production_Designer,Instr(Production_Designer," ")+1,1) If you want to do this in an update query UPDATE [Your Table ...

Need Help Despertly!

Plug in needed

Need to Hire Outlook 2003 Help

Need Help with Excel and Flagging Outcomes!
I’m using Excel 2007, and here is my question… I want to put a formula in cell C3 that looks at outcomes in cell B3. If the raw score outcome in cell B3 has the following values, I would like cell C3 to provide the following words: IF: THEN: B3=Blank C3=Blank B3= Greater than 0-1.9 C3=Definitely False B3=2.0-2.9 C3=Mostly False B3=3.0-3.9 C3=Don’t Know B3=4.0-4.9 C3=Mostly True B3= 5.0 or greater C3=Definitely True Thank you for your help! Hi This should do it: =IF(B3=0,"",IF(B3<2,"Definet...