modal options. my form open behind the form.

Hi. In the switchboad I have two buttons to open my FormA.

From Form A can open FormB.

Those two buttons in switchboard. has different methods to open FormA.

Button1 opens the form in Add mode.
Button2 opens the form in Edit mode with data.

In the FormA I can insert records in a table. After I insert a record on
FormA I press button that in there, called Button3.

When I press Button3 from FormA I open FormB.

My problem is that when I open FormA in Add mode the FormB opens behind
FormA but if I open FormA in Edit mode the FormB opens in Front/ onTop of
FormA.

What can I do to make FormB open in Top of FormA when I open FormA in Add
mode?

Thanks in advance,
Marco

Marco,
Opening a form in acDialog mode puts the form on top.

DoCmd.OpenForm "FormName", , , , , acDialog

Jeanette Cunningham

"Marco" <Marco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi. In the switchboad I have two buttons to open my FormA.
>
> From Form A can open FormB.
>
> Those two buttons in switchboard. has different methods to open FormA.
>
> Button1 opens the form in Add mode.
> Button2 opens the form in Edit mode with data.
>
> In the FormA I can insert records in a table. After I insert a record on
> FormA I press button that in there, called Button3.
>
> When I press Button3 from FormA I open FormB.
>
> My problem is that when I open FormA in Add mode the FormB opens behind
> FormA but if I open FormA in Edit mode the FormB opens in Front/ onTop of
> FormA.
>
> What can I do to make FormB open in Top of FormA when I open FormA in Add
> mode?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Marco

0
Jeanette
2/14/2008 8:29:51 PM
Hi. Great Jeanette.

I didn't knew that. And that was the only code different from others. Nice.

Thanks,
Marco

"Jeanette Cunningham" wrote:

> Marco,
> Opening a form in acDialog mode puts the form on top.
>
> DoCmd.OpenForm "FormName", , , , , acDialog
>
> Jeanette Cunningham
>
> "Marco" <Marco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi. In the switchboad I have two buttons to open my FormA.
> >
> > From Form A can open FormB.
> >
> > Those two buttons in switchboard. has different methods to open FormA.
> >
> > Button1 opens the form in Add mode.
> > Button2 opens the form in Edit mode with data.
> >
> > In the FormA I can insert records in a table. After I insert a record on
> > FormA I press button that in there, called Button3.
> >
> > When I press Button3 from FormA I open FormB.
> >
> > My problem is that when I open FormA in Add mode the FormB opens behind
> > FormA but if I open FormA in Edit mode the FormB opens in Front/ onTop of
> > FormA.
> >
> > What can I do to make FormB open in Top of FormA when I open FormA in Add
> > mode?
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> > Marco

How do I record taxes when exercising a stock option
When following the directions for exercising a stock option, I don't see anyway to record the taxes (federal and state) that were withheld when I exercised the option. There is a field (when selecting the Exercise & Sell activity) for recording Commission, but nothing for taxes. Since my paychecks are setup so that whatever taxes are withheld are recorded in Tax accounts (and so enables me to monitor whether I'm having enough taxes withheld through the tax reports), I'd like to be able to do the same thing when I record the exercise of a stock option. Any thoughts? S...

how can I run a macro when I open a workbook?
.... hi. put your macro in the workbooks on open event. when the workbooks is opened, the macro runs. :o >-----Original Message----- >.... >. > name it auto_open filo666 wrote: > > ... -- Dave Peterson ...

Forms Authentication
We are developing and ASP .net application that uses the Project Server Interface (PSI) webservices. First of all, it uses a Windows authentication with the LoginWindows webservice. But if we use the LoginForms webservice (with a Login page) it doesn´t work and display the next error message: “An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connection. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Ser...

same options for multiple charts
I have monthly pie charts which are in separate sheets that are updated at the end of the month. I would like each pie slice to maintain consistency with color throughout the months. How do I go about having the same options for every single pie chart I create without having to invidiviually go in and change each chart every month? I also have a YTD pie chart which I would like to be updated every time I add data to the new month's chart. Is there a way this can be automatically updated? PLEASE HELP! Thanks!! What kind of options? What changes about the data or chart that cause...

Access MODAL form does not seem to act "MODALLY"
Sorry this is a bit long but I hope it is clear... I have a parameter field PARAM on a parameter form into which I want to enter a string validated as comprising three parts made up from different fields in the database. In "native" form on the parameter form it works well as follows: 1 - Double click on PARAM field and that makes a combo box visible and hides the PARAM field. 2 - Select from combo and on tab (lost focus) make next combo visible.... etc. 3 - on completion of last combo and tab (lost focus) build the PARAM value from the Me.cbo...values and makes all...

Filling free form objects
Hello! I am using Publisher 2007 to make a brochure. I have been trying to create a free form wave to expand across the brochure but I cannot figure out how to link the components of the free form object together so that I can fill it with a color or a graphic. Do I need to create a 'path' or something so I can do this? Not sure I know what you are trying to do. When you draw with the freeform tool, your drawing must be closed before you can fill it. If you right-click your drawing, there is an option to close path. The path is always a straight line. You can then edit the p...

User Form Problem #2
I have done some reading on using User Forms within VBA. I am taking data from the form and putting it to an Excel worksheeet. Here is the code I have so far... This all works... Private Sub cmdSaveData_Click() Dim LastRow As Object Sheets("DailyData").Select Set LastRow = Sheet1.Range("a65536").End(xlUp) LastRow.Offset(1, 0).Value = txtDate.Text LastRow.Offset(1, 1).Value = txtRawPounds.Text LastRow.Offset(1, 2).Value = txtRawSolids.Text LastRow.Offset(1, 3).Value = txtFrenchFryPounds.Text LastRow.Offset(1, 4).Value = txtBatterPounds.Text LastRow.Offset(1, 5).Value ...

email form
why will the email form when published on the net give an error "not found on server" the server is running frontpage extentions. Refer to http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=30 first 4 items and the very last item need to be reviewed. David Bartosik - [MSFT MVP] www.publishermvps.com www.davidbartosik.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:159801c53ce0$8f927c50$a401280a@phx.gbl... > why will the email form when published on the net give an > error "not found on server" the server is running > frontpage extentions. ...

Modify Default Forms
How to I add my customer's email address to thier Statement. How to add Company Name to Charges and payments printed on the 40 Column Recipt How to Set the 40 Column Recipt to print to one page with the signature space on the bottom. ...

How to limit text height entered into a Legacy Form Text Form Field
Hi folks Hopefully someone can help me here as Ive spent hours looking on the web for an answer :( I have created a form which is protected, so people can only see the form and then enter text into Text Form Fields. When I type into this field, the text wraps around before it reaches the end (width) of the box but not the height! How do I limit the text so that the number of lines typed in is only as much as is visible within the box? (height)? thanks d -- corelli In the unprotected form template, right-click the Text Form Field and set the maximum number of character...

Non-modal dialog in CSplitterWindow???
Hello newsgroup, is it possible to show a non-modal dialog in a pane of a CSplitterWindow? The documentation says that CSplitterWindow may contain windows that are not views, but I have some doubts. Since CSplitterWindow's CreateView method assumes that the window _IS_ a view (it calls Wnd::Create, which is utterly inappropriate if I want to create a modeless dialog), I don't see how I can use CSplitterWindow. Is there any alternative to CSplitterWindow? Some words about my project: My app should display image data. This done via the common doc-view approach. There must be a dialog...

Self created forms
Could somebody tell me where outlook 2003 stores self created forms? Thanks That depends on whether you saved the form as an .oft file, published it, etc. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Thomas Frisch" <thfrisch@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eazeGp2DFHA.3452@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Could somebody tell me where outlook 2003 stores self created forms? > > Thanks "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <...

open XML dataset in append mode
Hi, I've been trying to open an XML file and append just one record more efficiently. Diffgramms, offer no solution but who has good code to to get this result (without completely rewriting the file on disk?) code below, te become smarter :) hints? class Piet { public static void Main() { Dataset1 d = new Dataset1(); Stream str = new FileStream(@"c:\somedata.xml", FileMode.OpenOrCreate, FileAccess.ReadWrite, FileShare.None); if (str.Length > 0) d.ReadXml(str); Dataset1.somedataRow dr = d.somedata.NewsomedataRow(); dr.Data = "blah " + Environment.TickCount...

Word -cannot open file
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have a large word file 663.7mb which no longer opens -get error message file over 32mb. Any ideas on how to open/ correct this ? Yes. Find yourself a copy of Word 2003 or Word 2007 for the PC and open it with that. Use File>Save As to save out of there as a new file. That's an old error message: a Word document can actually go up to about two gigabytes these days: but what it is telling you is that the code in the document is corrupt and Word can't lay it out properly in memory. Usuall...

copying value between subform and form?
Hi there, How do I transfer a value from a sub-form to the main form? To be more precise: I've created a button on the sub-form and I would like that by clicking it a value from a certain field on the sub-form will then be copied to a field on the main form. I tried a few things but I keep getting error messages. Any help is appreciated! Thanks a lot! Jerome forms![mainform]![txtControlName].Value = forms![mainform]![subform]![txtsubformcontrolname].value -- --- The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It is simply twice the size it needs to be. "Jerome" w...

Splash screen/modal interaction?
Hiya I'm using the splash window code from http://www.microsoft.com/msj/1099/c/c1099.aspx in an MDI application I'm working on. I create the splash window on the heap in CWinApp::InitInstance() while I do some time- consuming initialisation (loading a few big files needed by the application). I added a couple of members to the CSplash class to allow me to update the splash window title on the way through the initialisation process (eg. 'loading big file 1', loading even bigger file 2') - everything worked fine. The problem came when I added a modal licence dialog ...

How do I get this option avaliable?
I'm trying to insert check boxes on the excel spreadsheet. We have th entire page laid out, and now we're trying to insert the check boxes but there is one option unavaliable. When I click format and go t properties, Move and size with cells is not avaliable, is there anywa to make it avaliable? I'm unsure if its possible. Please, if someone can reply asap it'd be big help! Heathe -- FloridaHeathe ----------------------------------------------------------------------- FloridaHeather's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=502 View this thread: http://www....

Changing Sign-in Name on Opening Screen
I recently changed my Passport account to reflect my new email address. When opening Money 2004, it still fills in my old email address as my sign-in name. In Password Manager, it shows Passport emabled for my new ID correctly (my new email address). How can I get Money to fill that in on the sign-in screen rather than my old ID ? I suppose you could remove the passport association, run up money a couple of times and then reassociate it? -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To s...

Problem: Non-modality of modal dialogs
Hi All, I have a dialog-based application in MFC (main window is CDialog1). I have a separate thread (class derived from CWinThread) in the application. The main window (m_pmainWnd) of the thread is a hidden modeless dialog (this is CDialog2). I have created the thread in InitInstance() of my application class using AfxBeginThread (). I PostMessage() to the "hidden modeless dialog" on a button-click of the application dialog. The PostMessage() handler displays a modal dialog (this is CDialog3). Button-click on 'Dialog3' displays another modal dialog (this is...

Use forms to append table
I have three forms. frm_Login, frm_FS_Driver, and frm_Trade_Driver. A cashier logs in using frm_Login, which contains several identifying entries using textboxes, then uses either frm_FS_Driver or frm_Trade_Driver to enter the days receipts for each driver that comes to her window. The driver can be either FS or Trade, not both. I want to create append queries for each type of driver so that the combined entries from the frm_Login and either the frm_FS_Driver or frm_Trade_Driver create 1 record in my tbl_Master_Data. I don't want to create one form with a login for each driver be...

Option Groups Shading
Hi, I am using Access 2003 and have had problems seeing which tab button is pressed in an option group. The shading is such that it is very difficult to tell the difference between the button pressed and the button that is not pressed -- they are both shades of gray. I did not have this problem when using previous versions of Access. I have had users complain and have tried to play around with the shading, but Access doesn't seem to give that much control over it. Is there any way to change the color of tab buttons from the default gray or to make the text on a chosen tab button appea...

Tried to link/set up email accounts. Now Outlook won't open. Help!
When Outlook opens it unsuccessfully tries to link to my email accounts (a series of dialogue boxes open looking for my email exchange server on UCSF). When the program discovers it can't link, it eventually just closes Outlook. Is there a way to delete the previous info about my email accounts, so that I can start, at least, using the calendar function. Thanks! Use the Mail Applet in the control panel "Jason Earle" <Jason Earle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A89E438E-665A-4E4A-8BDA-31D7BBE27CEF@microsoft.com... > When Outlook opens it unsuccessf...

Cannot open old Word documents
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I cannot open a Word 1. x 5. Document by using the"File" menu "open" as instructed. The same message about "blocked file types" occurs. I'm afraid I'm honestly not sure what "Word 1. x 5." is supposed to represent, but if is a format older than what was used by Word 97-2004 there are no Mac Word filters to open it. You can try these two options: 1- In the Open dialog from within Word set the Enable: to All Readable Documents. If that file's name is active Word may be ...

filter records in a form
I've created a form with its subform to enter tasks of employees. however I need filter records only for active employees The form has as a source, the table CARD_EMP (employee card). It has a field ST_EMP for the employee status (Active , Pasive) In the Event Form_Current I wrote DoCmd.ApplyFilter ST_EMP='A' but it doesn't work Thanks for advance Carlos -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Hi mamumi Your advice was the solution Thanks a lot Carlos -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscodin...

Sub-Form help
I have a sub-form which is big enough to show 8 records, but the underlying source query often returns more records. Is there any way I can force the sub-form to open with already scrolled down so it shows the 8 most recent records, rather than the first 8 records? Any help greatly appreciated.....Regards, Jason > I have a sub-form which is big enough to show 8 records, but the > underlying > source query often returns more records. > Is there any way I can force the sub-form to open with already > scrolled down > so it shows the 8 most recent records, rather than the ...