Microsoft Access 2007 and Scrolling

In Microsoft Access 2003, you used to be able to scroll through a
table's records, by using the mouse wheel, on a form. In Microsoft
Access 2007, however, it doesn't look like you can do that anymore, so
how do you scroll between records?

0
DoveArrow

On Aug 4, 9:45 am, DoveArrow <DoveAr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> In Microsoft Access 2003, you used to be able to scroll through a
> table's records, by using the mouse wheel, on a form. In Microsoft
> Access 2007, however, it doesn't look like you can do that anymore, so
> how do you scroll between records?

Let me preface the above by saying, I don't necessarily want to
activate the scroll wheel again (I see that there have been other
posts on this subject). I just want to know how you're supposed to
move between records in Microsoft 2007 before I make a decision as to
whether or not I want to enable the scroll wheel.

0
DoveArrow

Check what Allen Browne has at http://www.allenbrowne.com/ser-70.html

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

0
Douglas
8/4/2007 7:29:36 PM
DoveArrow wrote:
> On Aug 4, 9:45 am, DoveArrow <DoveAr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > In Microsoft Access 2003, you used to be able to scroll through a
> > table's records, by using the mouse wheel, on a form. In Microsoft
> > Access 2007, however, it doesn't look like you can do that anymore,
> > so how do you scroll between records?
>
> Let me preface the above by saying, I don't necessarily want to
> activate the scroll wheel again (I see that there have been other
> posts on this subject). I just want to know how you're supposed to
> move between records in Microsoft 2007 before I make a decision as to
> whether or not I want to enable the scroll wheel.

How do you suppose people move between records in all of the older versions when
their mouse has no scroll wheel (a relatively recent add-on to the mouse)?

--
Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP
Email (as appropriate) to...

0
Rick
8/4/2007 8:51:31 PM
PG-UP and PG-DOWN works fine. You can hold it down for auto-repeat.

UpRider

"Rick Brandt" <rickbrandt2@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> DoveArrow wrote:
>> On Aug 4, 9:45 am, DoveArrow <DoveAr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > In Microsoft Access 2003, you used to be able to scroll through a
>> > table's records, by using the mouse wheel, on a form. In Microsoft
>> > Access 2007, however, it doesn't look like you can do that anymore,
>> > so how do you scroll between records?
>>
>> Let me preface the above by saying, I don't necessarily want to
>> activate the scroll wheel again (I see that there have been other
>> posts on this subject). I just want to know how you're supposed to
>> move between records in Microsoft 2007 before I make a decision as to
>> whether or not I want to enable the scroll wheel.
>
> How do you suppose people move between records in all of the older
> versions when their mouse has no scroll wheel (a relatively recent add-on
> to the mouse)?
>

> --
> Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP
> Email (as appropriate) to...
> RBrandt   at   Hunter   dot   com

0
UpRider

Linking tasks in MS Project 2007
roI have copied 5 tasks from a project and linked them in a consolidated project using the 'Paste Special' command. This almost works well because any changes I make to the tasks in the original project are reflected in the consolidated project except the % complete shown in the indicators column. For some reason, when I make any changes to the % complete in the original project, the changes arent reflected in the consolidated project (and vice versa). I'm presuming that % complete should be updated like any other field therefore any help would be appreciated. -- s...

Appointment Calendar in Access
Hi, Ive made an appointment database for a hair salon but they are asking for a calendar type view to see jobs in a way similar to how Outlook Calendar would display them.. is there any way of doing this? Thanks Craig, The short answer is, "Yes". This can be done. In fact. I have created a calendar type appointment form. I am not sure just how your database is set up, but, basically it consists of 42 listboxes with labels. I have code that manages the display of the dates for each month as selected by the user. I have an option where the user can view the calandar in ...

microsoft
weghtgh ...

Pictures in an Access table
Am I right in thinking that it is not possible to format a field in an Access table to hold a picture (say a jpg), so that the pictures will be displayed when the table is displayed (or at least when the results of a query based on the table are displayed). I want to catalogue a set of pictures with fields for their properties in such a way as to allow the sort of searches that Access queries allow. I thought Access would allow me to do this, but on looking into it I cannot see how. I have Access 2007 running on a machine with Vista Home and Access 2000 on a machine with Windows XP ...

"dpm 2007" library shows "Missing:1" for a slot in quantum superlo
I have reinstalled the entire OS/DPM 2007 setup, but despite this, i'm still "missing" a slot in library.. slot 9 of my quantum dlt-s4 superloader 3. I've emptied that slot in the library just to make sure.. Does anyone know what would cause this and how to fix it? I'm on 2008 r2 x64 ( was on plain 2008 x64 before, no change).. Thanks I tried all of your suggestions, but #9 is still missing. (Note, again, that i had wiped the C drive and reinstalled 2007 dpm, as well as upgraded to 2010, all to no avail). I'm still thinking it may be a bad cart...

access app as a service
Thanks in advance for your help. What is the easiest way to run an access app as a windows service? I'm looking for options. Thanks again. hi Lance, On 21.04.2010 16:37, Lance McGonigal wrote: > What is the easiest way to run an access app as a windows service? I'm > looking for options. There are some third-party tools which allows to run almost any executable as a service, but an Access application is not such an application. You may run Access using the Task Scheduler. btw, why do you want to do that? Maybe there are other options. mfG -->...

Outlook 2007 Autopick Next
I was looking for autopick next in Outlook 2007 and couldn't find it. However, after googling I found a couple of sources that have a screen shot of the Scheduling Assistant screen that show an Autopick Next button in the lower left corner ( same place as 2003). I do not have this button on my screen. Am I missing something, was something changed before Outlook 2007 was released or ............? Thanks for your help! Are you sure the screenshot was for 2007? On the appointment form, it's on the right side, http://www.xsolive.com/Outlook%20Screen%20shots/suggest.png Actions, Plan a m...

Money 2007 Locks up when trying to reconcile account
Hello, everytime I try to reconcile an account the program stops responding. I am running XPSP2. Please help. I have never had a problem until now. Have you tried File|Repair? "dandrzej" <dandrzej@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3DF46789-461F-4C77-968D-CD5CE1A24E0F@microsoft.com... > Hello, everytime I try to reconcile an account the program stops > responding. > I am running XPSP2. Please help. I have never had a problem until now. Thanks, I believed that worked. "Dick Watson" wrote: > Have you tried File|Repair? > &...

size of large icons in 2007 Ribbon
What is the expected size of the image to be used in the "large" ribbon controls? I searched around but didn't find it in the docs. Thanks! Hi, I believe its, Normal = 16 x 16 Large = 32 x 32 Cheers Andy On 09/02/2010 05:22, E. Alex Davis wrote: > What is the expected size of the image to be used in the "large" ribbon > controls? I searched around but didn't find it in the docs. Thanks! ...

Cannot access mine CRM (3.0) Contacts from Outlook 2003 Address Book
I have imported over 700 contacts into CRM (3.0). I have installed the CRM using Outlook 2003 client. When I look in my Address book in the Show names from list, I can see the CRM contacts option but I get an information message. Message reads "The Address list could not be displayed. The action could not be completed". What do I need to do to have my CRM contacts accessable from Outlook for addressing mail? ...

Outlook 2007
Hi All Using outlook 2003 I had the MCL overwritten by the users login script with a version that included all the categories we needed. Now with outlook 2007 this no longer works as the categories are stored elsewhere. Is there a way using something like vbs that the users categories could be over written by a master txt file or something? I tried the catman 2 tool but would involve installing the app on multiple machines. Thanks in advance. Laurence. "LarryB" <LarryB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07DBECAB-79CE-4942-B527-2DF2C283387...

Excel not Access

Cannot drag and drop any files (doc, ppt, xls) into outlook 2007 e
I have recently updated my pc with Win7 (from XP) and I use MS Office Pro 2007. I have my Outlook configured and have been using it for a few days now but since I upgraded, I have difficulty managing file attachments when trying to send email. I send files often to coworkers by dragging a document into the body of an email. This no longer works and I get the symbol of the circle and line through it. HOWEVER, it works manually if I go through the steps using the paperclip button to attach files. It does work between emails though. I can create a new email and drag at...

Microsoft Promo

Access 2000 01-07-08
Does anyone know how to define an email field as a clickable event which then opens up Outlook Express with the email address you have just clicked appearing in the To: line? Sarah, > Does anyone know how to define an email field as a clickable event... Every TextControl has a DoubleClick event. Any code you want to run when the field is double-clicked should be placed in that event. Given an Email field on the form named EMail1, the following code will send an email to the email address contained in Email1. (Don't use the Click event, as that will send an email every time...

Importing from Access to an Outlook Distribution List
Hi, I have been busy building a contact database in Access (2002) and am wondering if there is anyway to up-load the e-mail addresses to an Oulook (2002) distrubtion list. If anyone knows the answer, my summer student will be very excited because he won't have to re-enter the information in Outlook. Cheers! ...

Logging Access to Mailboxes?
I'm somewhat new to Exchange 2003 and I have been asked by our CIO to see if another one of the Admins is looking at others mailboxes. I know he has the ability to do this (we both do) but I cannot find any logs that show him accessing other mailboxes. I was used to the way 5.5 worked when it would log access to other mailboxes in the eventlog. Is this enabled or enable-able in Exchange 2003? Thanks. On Wed, 4 Oct 2006 22:57:57 -0400, "CG" <cg@cox.net> wrote: >I'm somewhat new to Exchange 2003 and I have been asked by our CIO to see if >another one of ...

Publisher 2007 Beta 2 with pdf add-on
I am a newsletter editor for a very simple monthly newsletter and I am pleased that I can send my letters out in pdf format so eveyone with a computer can read the letter with the Adobe reader. I think I am going to leave well-enough alone and not do anything to jepordize this feature until I can buy the final copy whenever it comes out. Will anything happen automatically to the Beta 2 version of office to prevent me from using the pdf feature in Publisher before the final product hits the streets? I am learning a lot from this discussion group--thanks to all of you. Depends on when...

Outlook Web Access
When trying to email via OWA using IE 7, the software prompts for the Outlook 2000 disk. (Computer has Office 2000 and Windows XP on it). If I delete Outlook from the computer, and leave Outlook Express, would the problem cease to exist? I don't believe OWA needs Outlook to reside on the computer for OWA to operate. You should not have to remove Outlook in order to use OWA. I use it from home all the time. You may want to inquire whether or not you require IE 8 in order to use OWA, find out from your Exchange Admin. -- Kathleen Orland "TerryTutor" <...