Marking dates in MSCAL.Calendar.7

I've written a task management system which tracks current and future
jobs for a customer support team. Currently the users can switch
between current active tasks awaiting completion and future tasks
which don't as of yet require their attention.

They've requested the ability to view this in a calendar control (User
- "You know, like outlook") so they can see what their workflow will
be like for the rest of the week. Something as simple as just marking
with a different color which days in the future have work assigned to
them would be perfect. I thought MSCAL.Calendar.7 control might allow
this but it seems I was mistaken.

Can anyone point me towards a better alternative or tell me if I'm
wrong?

0
capax

A Flex Grid Control will probably do what you want. Have a look at -

http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/Otherdownload.asp?SampleName='Flex%20Grid%20Demo.mdb'

for some examples.

Peter Hibbs.

On 2 Apr 2007 08:27:27 -0700, capax.solutions@gmail.com wrote:

>I've written a task management system which tracks current and future
>jobs for a customer support team. Currently the users can switch
>between current active tasks awaiting completion and future tasks
>which don't as of yet require their attention.
>
>They've requested the ability to view this in a calendar control (User
>- "You know, like outlook") so they can see what their workflow will
>be like for the rest of the week. Something as simple as just marking
>with a different color which days in the future have work assigned to
>them would be perfect. I thought MSCAL.Calendar.7 control might allow
>this but it seems I was mistaken.
>
>Can anyone point me towards a better alternative or tell me if I'm
>wrong?
0
Peter

Date conversion, PLEASE HELP
I am importing data from an OBDC datasource. One of the fields is a date field that imports in this format "20040818", as a number. I am trying to convert this value to a date format and have had no luck. If anyone can provide assistance, I am grateful... MyDate = DateSerial(Left([ImportedDate], 4), Mid([ImportedDate], 5, 2), Right([ImportedDate], 2)) -- Ken Snell <MS ACCESS MVP> "shawn" <shawn.abbott@mrgasket.com> wrote in message news:8ac901c4854e$3aa483e0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I am importing data from an OBDC datasource. One of the &g...

Departed Users Calendar Items
Is there a utility to clean the Calendar items owned by departed users from Public Calendars? I'm looking to remove every meeting set by say, juser, on the Business Priorities Calendar. Thanks. On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 15:36:34 -0800, "ZLorca" <zlorca2004@yahoo.com> wrote: >Is there a utility to clean the Calendar items owned by departed users from >Public Calendars? I'm looking to remove every meeting set by say, juser, on >the Business Priorities Calendar. Thanks. > Are all those meetings no longer valid? Otherwise, why not simply change to the view...

tick mark or what ?
Case 1 - it works the way i want it - case 2 the whole arry is written. why? 'where is my thinking going wrong'? ist's just the blank (Write-Host $i"." $...||Write-Host $i". "$...) 1. [array]$SaveLast10Decembers=@(Get-ChildItem | where-object {$_.name -match "$FileYearDecember\d{2}_\w{3}-\w{3}\.\w{3}$"}) Write-Host $i"." $SaveLast10Decembers[$SaveLast10Decembers.count-1].name "wird verschoben" | Out-File $LogFileName -append --> 1. YMAT1_20091231_SAP-JOB.txt wird verschoben 2. [array]$SaveLast10Decembers=@(Get-Chil...

Macro/Word converting double-quote marks into angle quotation marks
Hi all, I've scripted a vba macro that opens html pages in txt format and adds the following line after <BODY> (through a search and replace): <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="Output.css" /> The problem I'm having is that Word or the macro (don't really know) is converting the double-quote marks into angled quotation marks (ASCII 147 and 148), which makes the line above unreadable by the browser. I've tried using Chr(34): "<BODY><link rel=" & Chr(34) & "stylesheet" & ...

date sent
Help...a lot of emails are coming in with a sent: date of Friday, July 10, 2893 3:44 PM It happens about 10-20% of the time..I have no idea what's causing this or how to fix it. This is Outlook XP on WinXP Pro. Thanks. -Ken Are those items coming from the same person or from the same mail server? "Ken" <goodnooze@aol.com> wrote in message news:062e01c3678e$afc4c0b0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Help...a lot of emails are coming in with a sent: date of > Friday, July 10, 2893 3:44 PM > > It happens about 10-20% of the time..I have no idea what's > causing ...

Word document format marks
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel How do I hide format marks in my Word documents. Docs show paragraph marks, tab marks, etc. They do not print when I print the document. One day I was typing and accidentally hit a key or key combo and there they were. You can simply click on the �-icon in the Standard toolbar (it looks like an inverted "P"), or, if you prefer using the keyboard, hit Cmd+8. On 30/03/10 15:52, DrJ117@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel > How do I h...

Count on Dates
I have (sample): CREATE TABLE #Temp(ID int,OrderDate smalldatetime) INSERT INTO #Temp (ID, OrderDate) VALUES ('1001','3/1/2010'), ('1001','3/15/2010'), ('1001','3/23/2010'), ('1001','2/15/2010'), ('1001','1/10/2010'), ('1001','12/1/2009'), ('1001','12/15/2009'), ('1001','11/15/2009'), ('1001','10/1/2009'), ('1001','10/15/2009'), ('1001','10/1/2008'), ('1002','3/1/2010'), ('1002',&...

Unable to view dates on calendar
I am trying to update a calendar created in visio. When I view and or print the calendar the dates are not in the top right hand corners? What happened? Thanks! ...

sorting by date with day "ranges"
Sorry if I missed something really easy. But I have two columns one with dates "Apr 12-15" and May 2-4", etc... and the other column with locations - Omaha - st. louis, etc.... What I want to do is sort by date and take the day range in account. Now I know how to sort under the data pull down if I dont have the day "range" in the same cell and everything works fine with no numbers or just a single day(like 5-apr-2004). But I don't want to make another column for the end date if I dont have to. I thought I could do somthing in the custom format option like mmm-dd -...

Access
I have a table that has 9 immunization dates in each record. I need to capture the most recent date for a report. All the information I have found refers to comparing dates between records, not within a single record. Hi Johanna Can I suggest you split your table. It's quite simple. 1st Make a copy of your database and work on the copy (just in case) Open the copy of your database Copy the table and paste with a new names tblA - tblB Open table A and delete all the immunization dates Open table B and delete everuthing "except" the immunization dates and the ID fiel...

Viewing recurring Items
I've just set up about 14 annually recurring items in my calendar. When I go to View-Current View-Recurring Items it only shows those items that occur weekly. Similarly when I go to View-Current View-by category it displays NONE of these items even though they have all been categorised with the same category. What's going on? (They display in the day-week-month view perfectly normally....) "Gordon" <gbplinux@gmail.com.invalid> wrote in message news:%23YnlScKkHHA.2272@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > I've just set up about 14 annually recurring items in my cale...

Exchange 2003 Outlook Calendar restricted
We've got Ex2003SP1 on Win2k3 running for about a year. Just yesterday, the following problem started and I can't fix it, please help: New items cannot be created in any ones Outlook 2002 or OUtlook 2003 calendar, but they can be created through the OWA calendar. Basically it says that the folder is either moved or locked and or not enough permission. But everything else works as per usual, its just all the calendars that are being locked out for editing and adding new appointments. I just updated to Exchange 2003 SP1 and it still didn't fix the problem. there is an ...

Java vs. C++ (Date class)
I'm porting some Java code into C++. Which class I should use instead Date class? Note that Date support miliseconds. Also, which class I should use instead of Vector class? std::vector? "Petar Popara" <my.fake@mail.net> wrote in message news:uG6VGpUfFHA.2424@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > > I'm porting some Java code into C++. Which class I should use instead Date > class? Note that Date support miliseconds. Oh dear. Both the Java and the C++ date classes do assorted odd things with time zones and "daylight saving"; neither is documented fully or ...

Dates in XIRR
I was just looking at http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb224771.aspx, which states, in reference to the XIRR function: "Dates should be entered by using the DATE function, or as results of other formulas or functions. For example, use DATE(2008,5,23) for the 23rd day of May, 2008. Problems can occur if dates are entered as text." Is this something new in Excel 2007? I've never encountered such a problem with earlier versions of Excel On Apr 27, 3:07 pm, "Howard Kaikow" <kai...@standards.com> wrote: > Is this something new in Excel 2007? No. The H...

Bring back simple calendar color labels for outlook appointments.
The consolidation of Outlook labels and categories in 07 as compared to 03 results in having to use many more mouse clicks to apply basic color codes to outlook calendar appointments. I use as many as 30 categories for various projects and office jobs that change over time and whose colors would not be useful to try to remember or apply to appointments. Rather, being able to code a few simple colors for things like "in office appointment" "out of office but in town appointment" "personal reminder," "out of town travel hold," "office ...

How do I print a timeline date range?
I have a timeline that starts in 9/2003 and extends past today. I want to print only a piece of that timeline: 11/1/2005 to 12/31/2005. How do I do that? If you are running Visio 2003, there is an option on the Print Dialog to print current view. So if you zoom into the area you want, you can print just what you see. John... Visio MVP Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm Need VBA examples? http://www.mvps.org/visio/VBA.htm Common Visio Questions http://www.mvps.org/visio/common_questions.htm Visio Wishlist http://www.mvps.org/visio/wish_list.htm &qu...

Paste Special #7
I have the following code (courtesy of this newsgroup) which works fine other than it copies the formulas, rather than the values, - which are what I require. I am sure it needs the equivalent of paste special but I don't know how to achieve that. "Set SourceRange = Sheets("RecordOfRoundsDetailed").Range("A45:FK45") Set DestSheet = Sheets("RecordOfRoundsDetailed") Lr = LastRow(DestSheet) Set DestRange = DestSheet.Range("A" & Lr + 1) SourceRange.Copy DestRange" All help appreciated. Sandy See the example code ...

Between dates
I have dates in 1 column and total amount (income) in another column. I need the total amounts say from 1 Jan 10 to 8 Jan 10. Logically: I want the sum total of income between 2 dates. I've been trying to figure this out for days. Assuming your dates are in column A and the amounts you want to sum are in column B, then put the start date of your range in, say, F1 and the end date in G1 and use this: =3DSUMPRODUCT((A1:A100>=3DF1)*(A1:A100<=3DG1),B1:B100) This treats the dates in F1 and G1 as inclusive. Hope this helps. Pete On Jan 13, 11:37=A0am, Vicki Leibowitz ...

Dates to Month only
Quick question... I have a list of dates mm/dd/yy and I need to pull the data into a table that counts all items in each month. How can I get the dates to = month? I know that I can change the formating, but it still reads it as a number. and will not correspond to my table heading. I would like to use this formula in my table: =countif(date,"January") The best way may be to pull the data into a pivot table, which will let you group by month: Say your data is in A1:B100, with A1 your date header ("Date") and B1 your data header ("SomeNumbers") select...

marking replies
I want to have an arrow, or something, on my inbox list that indicates I have replied to that email. I have it on other computers, but can't figure out how to install on this one. There already is... on the little envelope icon in the From column blue arrow => indicates forwarded purple arrow <= indicates replied to -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate http://download.live.com/wlmail "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9ADE4C9F-94F7-4FF6-8BB0-789ECE557E97@microsoft.com... > I want to have an arrow, or...

Download Date
When I download data from Wells Fargo the download balance and date never change how to I fix this ...

Can tick mark labels be flipped about axis?
Hi, I'm plotting a number of XY scatter charts with negative and positive numbers on both axes. These axes must intersect at their zero points and I need to display tick mark labels next to both. However, I find that these labels tend to obscure each other at the intersection. Is there a way of removing some of them near the intersection, for example by selectively setting the font color to transparent? Alternatively, can the labels be 'flipped' about their axis like the high/low setting, but having them still next to the axis insead of at the top or bottom of the chart? I tried t...

coloured marking
Hi, I'm new in this group and hope this is the right group for my question! I have an Excel table for my diabetic values! Now I would like to see these values coloured if they pass over specified values, for example from 150-199 green colour and for more than 200 red colour. Is this possible? -- Viele Gruesse / Best regards / Serdeczne pozdrowienia Roland Thawte Web of Trust notary und/and/i CAcert assurer, Zywiec, Polen / Poland / Polska PGP-Key: http://www.biglumber.com/x/web?qs=0x2187626E Skype: roland1713 - low-priced calling over computer - http://www.skype.com/ Roland, yes it ...

Question marks appearing where folder names should be
I have a user who has his inbox and subfolders showing question marks instead of letters. He went to china and access OWA. Since he's come back, the settings have remained in chinese. How do I restore him back to english and get rid of the question marks? Thanks ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ...

how to mark outbox emails for send
I have over 2000 emails in an outbox that will not go out. New emails are sent fine. The emails that go out successfully are in bold italics for the moment they reside in the Outbox prior to being sent. The 2000 or so emails stuck in the same Outbox are all normal font. Is there a way to mark them all to be sent? Also, why would these emails have ended up in this state in the first place, that is sitting in the Outbox but not marked to send? Thanks in advance ...