Make values stay put in established record & reset in new record?

I'm having a problem making the values on a form reset to $0.00 when I go to
a new record.

Some more info would help us to help you.
How are you going to a new record? A button you put on the form? the new
record button on the navigation buttons at bottom left of form?

What does the value show instead of $0.00 when you go to a new record?
Are there any other values that don't reset when you go to a new record?

Jeanette Cunningham

"Peg" <Peg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm having a problem making the values on a form reset to $0.00 when I go
> a new record.

0
Jeanette
2/17/2008 8:11:11 AM
I got the same result (values not resetting) whether I went to a new form by
tabbing through the original form or by using the navigation buttons at the
bottom of the form.  All of the fields with the Currency format would show
the value of the previous record in the new record, including the expression
result in one of the fields.

I did manage to fix it, but I'm not exactly sure how...maybe by cleaning up
the Table by editing the Record Source and double checking all the fields'
properties.

Thanks for your response.

Peg

"Jeanette Cunningham" wrote:

> Some more info would help us to help you.
> How are you going to a new record? A button you put on the form? the new
> record button on the navigation buttons at bottom left of form?
>
> What does the value show instead of $0.00 when you go to a new record?
> Are there any other values that don't reset when you go to a new record?
>
> Jeanette Cunningham
>
> "Peg" <Peg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm having a problem making the values on a form reset to $0.00 when I go
> > a new record.

If you can actually go to a new record, by clicking on the Access new record
button, then the form is bound to an underlying table/query. Any text boxes
that retain their values from the previous record, however, are unbound
controls. To have corrected this, you must have finally assigned Control
Sources to the textboxes.

Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003

Linq

Make Default

making a transfer show up in the budget

Record UserID in form
I'm using Access 2007. I've read various posts on capturing the userid. I have a form where the user is supposed to enter their name so we know who created a particular record. (I'm interested in who created the record, not if anyone modified it afterwards). Needless to say, they don't always complete this field. I'd like to capture it automatically based on their Outlook login. I created a new module for the fOSUserName function I found on one of the postings on this forum. I named the module basUserName. Then I created a text field called UserID on my...

conditional formatting #value!
Hi Is it possible to create a conditional formatting condition that can detect the condition of #VALUE! ? That is NOT the text string but the "error condition". What I am trying to highlight is that certain calculated values have not been correctly calculated on the sheet and need further investigation. Thanks Clive Hi Clive, Use the 'Formula Is' option on the conditional formating dialog and enter the following, assuming the cells is A1. =ERROR.TYPE(A1)=3 You can also use the Go To dialog (CTRL+G), Special... to locate cells with Errors. Cheers Andy Clive Long...

hide a section depending on bit value...
Hi 2 sections on a form: 'pers' and 'pers_kat' On the 'pers' section I have a bit (yes/no) radio button that I would like to be the trigger to hide/show the 'pers_kat' section incl. the attributes On the pers_kat there's 6 different attributes - the attributes name are: hw_pl_komp1 hw_pl_komp2 hw_pl_komp3 hw_pl_komp4 hw_pl_komp5 hw_pl_komp6 the: //hide section crmForm.all.ap_pl_komp1_c.parentElement.parentElement.style.display='none'; //show section crmForm.all.ap_pl_komp1_c.parentElement.parentElement.style.display=''; won't work....

Reversing name values in a field
Hi, I have a field called CustomerName that has values that are last name, first name. So there is a value of Smith, John which is John Smith. I want to preserve the value in this field but create a new field called CustomerName1 that has John Smith in it. It would need to somehow reverse the values based on the comma delimeter and then get rid of the comma. Can someone help? Thanks, -- Chuck W LN = Left$(CustomerName, InStr(CustomerName, ",") - 1) FN = Right$(CustomerName, Len(CustomerName) - InStr(CustomerName, ",")) -Dorian "ChuckW" wrote:...

How do you change cells with formula's to the value or text?
In lotus it is possible to change the formula in a cell to the text or the number that that formula returns. Of course, you can not reverse it, but in is very helpful sometimes. Is that possible in Excel CTRL + ~ will toggle between formulas and values -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL2K & XLXP ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Attitude - A little thing that makes a BIG difference ----------------------------------------------------------------------------...

Macro/keyboard shortcut to increment a cell value
I would like to set up a keyboard shortcut (e.g., Ctrl+I) that would increment the value of the selected cell by 1. Can someone get me started by pointing me in the right direction? I have some experience creating simple macros in Word, if that is what's needed. Thanks -- PC: HP Omnibook 6000 OS: Win 2K SP-4 (5.00.2195) LAN: P2P with an HP Vectra workstation Email: Usenet-20031220 at spamex.com (11/03/04) One way is to make a macro and assign the shortcut key to it: Option Explicit Sub AddOneToActiveCell() With ActiveCell If IsNumeric(.Value) Then .Value = .Val...

What is the Outlook keyboard shortcut for checking new mail
"Steve Jaeger" <Sjaeger1@elp.rr.com> wrote in message news:043f01c36b5f$468b1110$a601280a@phx.gbl If there is a coded shortcut for a menu item, you will see it on the rightside of the menu. If you open Tools -> Send/Receive -> Send/Receive All, you will see F9 listed on the right. Also, it is considered impolite to use only the Subject line to carry the body of your message. -- ____________________________________________________________ ** Share with others. Post replies in the newsgroup. ** If present, remove all "-nix" from my email address. _________...

analysis for new bank branch proposal
Dear all I have been given to make a proposal for new bank branch .But since I never have done this before I need some help Good luck with your proposal but I think you may have posted to the wrong place. This area is to discuss the microsoft programme called Access. Sorry. -- Wayne Manchester, England. "ilir" wrote: > Dear all > I have been given to make a proposal for new bank branch .But since I never > have done this before I need some help ...

making tickets

AN OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE $$$

How to make VLOOKUP work for this

Ignoring Negative Values
Like all things in Excel there must be a way... Given a column of numbers (say for simplicity 5 numbers) how can you use a formula to sum them and ignore any that are negative? (e.g. four of our 5 numbers are 5 and the other is -5 I want my formula to display 20 and not 15 or 25). Thanks. =SUMIF(A1:A5,">0") Greetings from New Zealand Bill K "solomon_monkey" <solomonmonkey@aol.com> wrote in message news:1119083876.413478.65430@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Like all things in Excel there must be a way... > > Given a column of numbers (say for simp...

removing duplicate records in excel, how to do it?
How to remove duplicart entries within excel? Data>advanced filter, unique records only Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Don" wrote: > How to remove duplicart entries within excel? Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/deleting.htm#DeleteDuplicateRows -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Don wrote: > How to remove duplicart entries within excel? Have you notice that the first entry is duplicated in both cases: when header line is included or exclude "Peo Sjoblom" wrote: > Data>advanced filter, unique records only > > Regards, > > Peo S...

Make Personal Calendar Read Only

I wish to assign Quantity the value of [Quantity]-[OrderAmt]
Hello I have a some related tables (and the relationships work fine on the form) two of the fields are [tblBrochures]![Quanity] and [tblOrders]![OrderAmt], both the fields are "single" and bound I wish to assign Quantity the value of [Quantity]-[OrderAmt] Can you tell me how to do this please? Thanks Tony, Ummm, could be me but I don't get it... Did you mean you want to show the Balance in a Text Box? -- Gina Whipp 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access) "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors II http://ww...

all new and existing db's say "ms jet db engine stopped the proces
Hi, I've read all the posts regarding this error "The Microsoft Jet database engine stopped the process because you and another user are attempting to change the same data at the same time." I'm getting this message every time I try to open any new or existing MS Access database and they will not open. I've had this message before as described by others, but this is not an SQL back end table with a null or query, form, or crash problem. One of our desktop techs found a solution, but works for another company now. Anyone else have a solution? I have several desktop...

how to return VARIANT_BOOL value from an MFC control
Hi, I wrote a function inside my activex control that is supposed to return VARIANT_TRUE or VARIANT_FALSE, here is the code VARIANT_BOOL CMPSeControlCtrl::GetSessionRunning(void) { AFX_MANAGE_STATE(AfxGetStaticModuleState()); // TODO: Add your dispatch handler code here if(m_pStateEventMachine == NULL) return VARIANT_FALSE; if(m_pStateEventMachine->IsRunning() == TRUE) return VARIANT_TRUE; else return VARIANT_FALSE; } the function itself returns everything ok, but when the call dispatcher converts data, it always converts everything to BOOL TRUE. In function CCmdTarget::Ca...