Make form default to new record?

Is there a way to make a form default to a new record, but still allow
users to go back and edit existing records?

Thanks,
- Joel
0
Joel

Joel Parker wrote:
> Is there a way to make a form default to a new record, but still allow
> users to go back and edit existing records?
>
> Thanks,
> - Joel

Either open it in data entry mode and instruct your users that all they have
to do to see other records is ti use the menu or toolbar to remove filters
(data entry mode is just a filter matching zero records).

OR

Run this code in the Load event of your form...

DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdRecordsGoToNew

(the first choice is more efficient if there are lots of records).

--
Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP
Email (as appropriate) to...

0
Rick
8/3/2007 5:44:21 PM
On Fri, 03 Aug 2007 12:07:12 -0500, Joel Parker wrote:

> Is there a way to make a form default to a new record, but still allow
> users to go back and edit existing records?
>
> Thanks,
> - Joel

In the Form's Load event:

DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdRecordsGoToNew
--
Fred
Please respond only to this newsgroup.

Make Default

Requery a Sub Form!
On [frmMain] I have a sub form [subRemindTog] which has a text box [tbClientName] From another form how do I requery this subform?? Thanks for any help..........Bob It would be so: Forms![frmMain]!Forms![subRemindTog].Requery Or you can call to class module representing your subform. If you have any code in subform then your VBA project exactly has form module Form_subRemindTog. So, you can do this: Form_subRemindTog.Requery Note that sometimes you may be needed to use both .Requery and .Repaint "Bob V" <rjvance@ihug.co.nz> �������/�������� � �������� ���������: n...

Customize forms
Is there a way to add different columns to my OWA tasks folder? I would especially like to do this in my tasks folder in my public folders. Thanks, Tim Outlook Web Access is only a web VIEW of your Exchange mailbox. I don't know if customizing the default Exchange Mail Task item to show your custom view if it would translate to the web view - I presume not. Double check by asking in an Exchange group since Outlook Web Access, despite its name, is a part of Exchange, not Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Du...

Record UserID in form
I'm using Access 2007. I've read various posts on capturing the userid. I have a form where the user is supposed to enter their name so we know who created a particular record. (I'm interested in who created the record, not if anyone modified it afterwards). Needless to say, they don't always complete this field. I'd like to capture it automatically based on their Outlook login. I created a new module for the fOSUserName function I found on one of the postings on this forum. I named the module basUserName. Then I created a text field called UserID on my...

making a transfer show up in the budget

Access 2007 Form
Access 2007 I have short form with following controls: Customer ID Invoice No Invoice Amount Payment Amount Remaining Balance I would like to transfer the value of Remaining balance control to the next record’s Invoice amount control when I am adding new data. Two conditions should be true. First, the customer ID in the new record should matches the customer ID in previous record and second the value of Remaining balance in previous record should be greater than zero. Please advice -- Bardia You need a field, DateTime would do, so that Access knows which record comes ...

What is the Outlook keyboard shortcut for checking new mail
"Steve Jaeger" <Sjaeger1@elp.rr.com> wrote in message news:043f01c36b5f$468b1110$a601280a@phx.gbl If there is a coded shortcut for a menu item, you will see it on the rightside of the menu. If you open Tools -> Send/Receive -> Send/Receive All, you will see F9 listed on the right. Also, it is considered impolite to use only the Subject line to carry the body of your message. -- ____________________________________________________________ ** Share with others. Post replies in the newsgroup. ** If present, remove all "-nix" from my email address. _________...

analysis for new bank branch proposal
Dear all I have been given to make a proposal for new bank branch .But since I never have done this before I need some help Good luck with your proposal but I think you may have posted to the wrong place. This area is to discuss the microsoft programme called Access. Sorry. -- Wayne Manchester, England. "ilir" wrote: > Dear all > I have been given to make a proposal for new bank branch .But since I never > have done this before I need some help ...

making tickets

variable for current owner? (want to use to create new "My" view)
I want to create a new view which is just like "My Active Contacts" but with an additional filter criteria. I want the results to vary by user. So instead of creating separate views for each user (Tom's Active Contacts in MA), it would change itself per user and the new view would be "My Active Contacts in MA". The results would be all active contacts in MA who are owned by the current user. How do I specify to use the current user in the Filter criteria? All help much appreciated! -Sarah In the View editing window (Settings > System Customization > Con...

subforms from an unbound form
Hi, I have an unbound form with two subforms : SbFrm1 and SbFrm2. These two subforms are bound forms, so have their own recordset, e.g. : “select * from tblTable1” - recordset for SbFrm1 and “select * from tblTable2” - recordset for SbFrm2 On my main form I have a combobox CboBox; CboBox.column(0) contains the value I want to use to filter the recordset of both subforms, strKey. I do not think I can set a parent-child relation between the main form and the subforms. But then I do not know neither how to limit the records of these forms to only show these records where strKey...

Refresh a form when closing another form
I apologize if this is posted somewhere already, I looked and didn't see anything that exactly matched. I have created a form which serves as a record selection screen to allow a user to edit certain values. Once the user highlights a particular row, they click on a "Edit Record" button. This takes them to a second form which allows them to edit certain data fields. When the user has made the changes, they click on a "Save & Close" button which returns them to the record selection form. I wish to refresh the record selection form, when the "edit re...

AN OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE $$$

closing a form that uses a Dlookup
I have a form I use to enter new production requirements in to a table. On that form I have a the following controls Code Qty Needed Date Needed Plan Date The Code control has the following VBA on the On Exit event: Private Sub fldcode_Exit(Cancel As Integer) Dim varrtgno As String Dim vardays As Double Dim varfstop As Date Dim varplandate As Date varrtgno = DLookup("[rtg_no]", "dbo_imitmidx_sql", "[item_no]='" & [Forms]![frm enter fillroom requirements]![fldcode] & "'") 'Me!rtgno = varrtgno Select Case varrtgno ' some cas...

Move exchange 2003 to new hardware
I have exchange 2003 ent on windows 2000 machine , i would like to move to another machine with windows 2003 as OS. Can anyone help !!!!!!!! Tushar - Install new server in the Exchange Org - this will be installed in the same Administrative Group by default. - Move mailboxes, replicate public folders - Follow http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822931 - Shut down Exchange services on old server for a couple of days - If all looks good, uninstall Exchange from the old server -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------...

Conditional Formating Excel Form
Hi All I have a Form in excel which lets people enter monitoring information It has the fields Target, Reported and Difference. The Target field i pre-set, they have to enter the Reported field and the Difference fiel is a calculated field based on Targeted - Reported. If this difference is more than 10% or less than -10% I would like i the following: A. To change the font colour in the Difference text box red. and B. The form to open another text box (called reason) - so that they ca explain the difference. Any help would be much appreciated Cheers J -- JoePineapples I c...

Bar Graph on Form (rectangle control code)
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd758785.aspx This website gives a good description of how to use a small amount of coding to have a rectangle controlled by a field value on a report appear as a bar graph when you print preview. I would like to do something very similar, show a bar graph within a form based on a field's percentage (between 0 and 1). In the example they put the code into the OnFormat event property. I would like my bar graphs to appear upon opening the form. Hope that I can use very similar code as in the example but what would I put it in... OnLoad...

Controls in forms
How do I add a control button that will open another form in "add" mode rather than edit? On Thu, 7 Jan 2010 10:00:22 -0800, Bill wrote: > How do I add a control button that will open another form in "add" mode > rather than edit? Set the Click event of the command button to: DoCmd.OpenForm "FormName", , , , acFormAdd -- Fred Please respond only to this newsgroup. I do not reply to personal e-mail All it did was come up with a message that it couldn't find the object 'DoCmd' "fredg" wrote: > On Thu, 7 Jan ...

Excel 2007 Form errors in calculations
I created a form in Excel 2007 that uses calculations. The calculations in the form work great on my home computer (WINDOWS 7, Excel 2007), BUT the calculations do not calculate at work using the same file. At work we have Excel 2007 and XP on a network. I've tried it on one of my co-worker's computer, no luck. I sent the same file to a friend who uses XP and Excel 2003 and it works just fine. What could it possibly be wrong?? ...

Form does not display the same on two different PC's
I have a form set to display a blank record when it opens. This works on all the PC's except one. Is there something in the set up of Access on that PC that would affect this? What does the form show that is different on this computer? Is the database split with each user having a copy of the front end? Any other differences between the computers such as version of Access? -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. "Taz" wrote: > I have a form set to display a blank record when it opens. This works on a...

How to make VLOOKUP work for this