Main form with two sub forms

Hi,

I have a main form with a linked sub form which displays related records
when a record is selected on the main form.

Rather than use the record selectors at the bottom of the screen on the main
form to navigate records, I would like to create another sub form (#2) which
is unlinked, to the main form but contains a summary of all records on the
main form.

When a record is selected in Sub form # 2, I would like the main form to
jump to that record as well.  If I link sub form #2, then only the current
record is displayed, not a complete list.

In essence what I am trying to achieve is an extra sub form that give a list
of records that the main form contains, and when a record is selected on the
sub form # 2 it is reflected in the main form and sub form # 1.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated..

Cheers,
GLT

hi,

On 26.01.2010 13:15, GLT wrote:
> In essence what I am trying to achieve is an extra sub form that give a list
> of records that the main form contains, and when a record is selected on the
> sub form # 2 it is reflected in the main form and sub form # 1.
Synchronizing multiple forms can be painful. In your case I would
consider using one synchronization method in the main form which is
called from the sub-forms when necessary. E.g.

Main form:

Public Sub Synchronize()

   'your synchronization code here

End Sub

Private Sub Form_Current()

   Synchronize

End Sub

Sub form 1/2:

Private Sub Form_Current()

   On Local Error Resume Next

   Me.Parent.Form.Synchronize

End Sub

mfG
--> stefan <--
0
Stefan

Where is main?
Hello all, I have some legacy C++ applications that I am wrapping in a MFC type interface. I find myself in need of identify the main () routine. I have one application that has some variables that I need to make availabe as a GLOBAL variable. The technique I use is to have a header file that declares a candidate variable as such: (file Myheader.h) .... GLOBAL int foo; ..... In all of the files that go into the application, the macro GLOBAL is defined as follows: #define GLOBAL extern In the file that has the main routine, and only the main routine, GLOBAL is defined as follows: #d...

Problem mail merging form Outlook 2007
Hi I am trying to mail merge an html document using outlook contacts. Problem is Outlook 2007 seems to mess up my html and adds a lot of html code presumably due to using word 2007 during mail merge. The mail shot then appears with unwanted attachments on the other side. Is there any way to avoid this? Thanks Regards you should not get attachments - what are they called? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlo...

Image in form..?
Hi all, I would like to put different images (my collegues) to all records and move through in the recordset in a form. How can I do this? If I design a table I cannot find the appropriate datatype. What should it be? Kent J. You should never embed image into your db because it will cause bloating. Thus the 'proper' way is to simply store the path in a table. thus, Text or Memo depending on how you tackle the problem. Take a look at the following sample db. you can dissect them to get all the coding... http://www.cardaconsultants.com/en/msaccess.php?lang=en&id=000000000...

How do I offset TWO columns behind another TWO columns?
I have created a bar chart with 4 colums of information. I would lik two of the columns to be behind the other two colums. Can anyone hel me with how to do this. I have tried creating the chart then offsetting but obviously all th coumns offset behind each other. Thanks in anticipation -- Moxy198 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Moxy1980's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2807 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47908 Hi, Set the two columns you want in front to be on the s...

Show picture on a form ?
I have a custemor database where each custemor have a picture. The picture is located on the harddisk and in the table, each custemor have there own link to there picture. Now I want to show the specific picture on a form, each time I search for a custemor. I know that I can show a picture on a form, using the Image component. But when I search for a custemor, how do I get the picture link into the image componets properties "picture", where the link is suppose to be ? I guess that it have to be done i VBA code. -- My Photo Gallery www.photo.box2600.dk You can find numerous examp...

Two objects in the Directory have the same proxy
In on domain i have problem with one user. If i sen i mail to that user i get the folowing error: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: ******* Sent: 4.7.2005 10:42 The following recipient(s) could not be reached: ******* ****** on 4.7.2005 10:42 A configuration error in the recipient's e-mail system prevented delivery of this message. Two recipients are configured with the same e-mail address. Contact your administrator. <exchange.domain.local #5.1.4> And i get the error in event log : vent T...

Form or report?
I'm new to Access - I am using Access 2007. I have a database that I have figured out how to make queries and then queries of queries to ge the output I need. But, now I want to make a form that someone else can use that allows them to fill in the criteria for a query, they click a button that runs the query, and then outputs the results to a report or output form. I have done this before in Basic with input and output forms. I don't know what the terminology is for Access, so I'm confused what to ask for because I don't know the names of what does what I need. Ho...

Copy form field data to clipboard
I have set the field I want to have focus and then wish to copy the data to the clipboard. Can someone help me with the code for this. Forms!frmExhibitorInfoVerification!Email.SetFocus -- Entering the world of VBA and coding Delta If the desired field has focus, use: RunCommand acCmdCopy If you need to manipulate strings first (e.g. combinating data from several fields), it's more complex: http://allenbrowne.com/func-07b.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenb...

Publisher 2003 Newsletter to PDF in booklet form
Hi there, I created a newsletter in Publisher 2003. I want to print it to a PDF file in booklet form to send to my printer so that it will print out correctly. She says it should be in a 'Print Spread' so that she can print it correctly on 11x17 paper. When I print it to PDF it turns into single page documents. Can anyone tell me how to make it print in 'Print Spred'? You can setup a PDF to print as a 11x17 booklet, I can with Acrobat. What application are you using as your PDF printer? Have you looked at the print setup? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "...

Deliver new mail to two different .pst files.

Comparing data between two columns
I have a worksheet with two columns that I need to compare data between. I need to see what is different between one column and the next. There are number and letter values in the column and about 180+ rows. The information is scattered throughout the cells so there is no way to filter and check row by row. The columns look like this: July April MP123456789 MP555555559 MP987654321 MP666 H1258 MP789456123 MP00000 H89 MP987123654 MP123456789 I need something that would tell me that all of the above valu...

Form Buttons
....click! Feel free to use the big white space to ask your question. "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0899C7C9-6C26-44D3-B519-D17C663EC3A8@microsoft.com... > ...

Retreive Backup from main server
I am at a store where my computer crashed and I am afraid that my database back up file may have been corrupted. Every evening we "dump" into our main server as well as backing up locally. Does anyone know of a way that we can retreive the latest back up that we made into our main server, since the local backup is not working properly? ...

Addition in a Form
I'm trying to add the numbers from two different text boxes together in a third text box. Pretty straightforward, right? Well, instead of getting the sum of the two numbers, Access is putting the number from the first text box next to the number from the second text box like so: 13 + 2 = 132 The funny thing is that if I subtract the numbers, the formula works just fine. 13 - 2 = 11 Can someone please explain what's going on? Thanks. The fields are not numeric, but are being treated as text. And the plus sign can mean add or concatenate, so it is concatenating the values. The m...

protection and fillable forms
I have created a fax document with parts for others to fill in using the developer. I want others to be able to use the form, meaning to be able to fill in their "to" "from" etc lines but then not to be able to save over the document with their information typed on the form. Using the "protect document," I understand how I can restrict access to only filling in the form (i.e., not changing the controls, fonts, line spacing, etc) and how to restrict access to the whole form, read-only. But if I only restrict access allowing "filling in forms&q...

Subform Causes Main Form to show same record Multiple times
I have a form named PatientsInfo that is based on table Tbl_Patients. In that form I have a subform that is based on table Tbl_FedPovertyLevel. I have 2 fields from Tbl_FedPovertyLevel on the subform -- HouseholdMemberName, HouseholdMemberIncome. When an additional HouseholdMember is entered into the subform, it links to the Tbl_Patients correctly. But on the record selector for the PatientsInfo main form, there are now several instances of the same Patient based on how many HouseholdMembers I have entered into the subform. I have to click the next record button several time...

viewing/adding in a form
I have a form in tabular format with all of these fields, and then all the data from a table. Now, when i scroll to the bottom, the last record has an asterisk (*) and all the fields in that last record are blank, so that you could add a new record through there. How can I have this removed so no editing/adding could be done in this form? Change the following properties of your form: Allow Additions = false Allow Edits = false -- HTH Mr B "TheRafterMan" wrote: > I have a form in tabular format with all of these fields, and then all the > data from a table. Now, ...

Form creates unwanted rows in table
I've created an asset database which keeps track of computers, laptops etc. There is one company which has many departments and every department has many rooms. (surprise, surprise) There are four tables: tables Department and Asset and two "middle" tables DepartmentRoom and AssetRoom. The table structures are as follows: DEPARTMENT id name dep_type dep_num etc... ASSET id name a_type ip_num vendorID serial_num etc... DEPARTMENTROOM id name depID (foreign key to department) ASSETROOM id assetID (foreign key to asset) roomID (foreign key to depa...

Unable to successfully publish the form due to a MAPI error
Hi there having trouble trying to publish a user defined form (task) to the organisational forms library. It says: "Unable to successfully publish the form due to a MAPI error. The form cannot be published because you do not have owner permissions. what the hell is this? what permissions is it referring to. If it is form permissions, I am the owner of the form. ???? ta ...

Transfer Form to Spreadsheet
Hi, Wondering if somebody can help me out, I am in a really desperate situation to get this sorted. I have a form that draws records of from the underlying table in a combo box. I want to be able to put a button on my form that would export only what I have selected in the form. The code I have set up (below) exports everything instead of just what has been selected in my comb box: DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, acSpreadsheetTypeExcel9, "supplier feed final", "C:\Test\spend switch board.xls", True Exit_Command49_click: Exit Sub Err_Command49_click: MsgBox Err.Descrip...

How do I create check boxes in a form and protect
How do I create check boxes in a form and protect the rest of the sheet? Using Office 2007 B. Morris Are you trying to create a protected document that is backward compatible with earlier versions of Word? If so, first display the Developer tab (if it's not already showing): Click the Office button, and click Word Options. In the Popular category, select "Show Developer tab in the Ribbon" and click OK. Then click the Developer tab. Use the Legacy Tools button to add the form fields that you want. When you are done designing the form, click the Protect Documen...

How do I save data on a form to my database?
I am new to Access and was wondering how I would save a record from my forum to the database. I am using an unbound forum. Thanks adamskiii, Why have you created an "unbound" form to operate on a table? If you're new to Access, you've just made your project much more difficult than it needs to be. You'll need to create a button on your form that, when clicked, runs an Append query against your table, using the current values on the open form. -- hth Al Campagna Microsoft Access MVP 2007-2009 http://home.comcast.net/~cccso...

Can not send emails from main Inbox
I am not sure if I have set up the outlook properly. I can not send messages from main Inbox, there is not even "send" or "send-receive" buttons on the taskbar. How to clear the settings and start up again? The Inbox is for received mail what version of Outlook and what type of mail account, eg pop mail or? "Joanna Lark" <Joanna Lark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7AA47074-CE28-4864-B85E-4D85ED945924@microsoft.com... >I am not sure if I have set up the outlook properly. I can not send >messages > from main Inbox, there is n...

Why are there two copie of all sent messages
When I email someone and check later in the Sent folder, there are two copies of everything. Using Google or another email account in IMAP mode ? -- ...winston ms-mvp mail "JoeyC2" <JoeyC2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:93AD8C81-3247-4037-98BF-195EBBD6A84E@microsoft.com... > When I email someone and check later in the Sent folder, there are two copies > of everything. Yes, I am using an AOL address in IMAP mode. "...winston" wrote: > Using Google or another email account in IMAP mode ? > > -- > .....

How do I setup to tab between form fields in Office Excel 2002?
-- M Derry Product Action Indianapolis, IN See3 Bob Phillips' site. http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0008.html Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 16 May 2005 11:56:01 -0700, MD2503 <MD2503@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...