Lock only updated record

Hi Everyone,

Using Access 2003.  I have a patient database.  I will try to explain as
best I can but I don't know the object names etc very well so let me know
what else I need to give if the info makes no sense.  I have a subform of
patient therapy that shows on a main form.   There are several fields with
therapy detail on my subform that get filled out when a therapy is started.
When the therapy is ended, the end date field is filled in.  I need to lock
one field (therapy type) once a therapy is selected.  The therapy type field
is a combobox with a list to select from.  I tried going into the form
properties and locking the record and not allowing edits but then I couldn't
enter an end date later.  I tried going into the control for therapy type
and locking that which worked but then I coudn't add therapy type to a new
record.

Is there anyway without vb code that I can prevent the user from changing
just that item once it has been entered?

Thanks,
Linda

0
Linda

Linda -

Try something like this in the OnCurrent event for the form (use your
control name for cboName):

If me.cboName.column(0) is null then
   Me.cboName.enabled = True
Else
   Me.cboName.enabled = False
End If

--
Daryl S

"Linda RQ" wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> Using Access 2003.  I have a patient database.  I will try to explain as
> best I can but I don't know the object names etc very well so let me know
> what else I need to give if the info makes no sense.  I have a subform of
> patient therapy that shows on a main form.   There are several fields with
> therapy detail on my subform that get filled out when a therapy is started.
> When the therapy is ended, the end date field is filled in.  I need to lock
> one field (therapy type) once a therapy is selected.  The therapy type field
> is a combobox with a list to select from.  I tried going into the form
> properties and locking the record and not allowing edits but then I couldn't
> enter an end date later.  I tried going into the control for therapy type
> and locking that which worked but then I coudn't add therapy type to a new
> record.
>
> Is there anyway without vb code that I can prevent the user from changing
> just that item once it has been entered?
>
> Thanks,
> Linda
>

> .

Thanks Daryl...but I said no VB code puleeze...but ok, I'll try <g>.  I can
sort of see what that is saying.  This is what I did.  I clicked in the
corner of the subform in the design view of the form and pulled up the
properties.  I clicked in the OnCurrent event and went into build and pasted
your code.  I compiled then saved.  When I opened up the form in form view I
got a debug error and the second line  below "If Me.ThpyTypeID_fk.Column(0)
Is Null Then" is highlighted in yellow.

Private Sub Form_Current()
If Me.ThpyTypeID_fk.Column(0) Is Null Then
 Me.ThpyTypeID_fk.Enabled = True
Else
 Me.ThpyTypeID_fk.Enabled = False
End If
End Sub

"Daryl S" <DarylS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Linda -
>
> Try something like this in the OnCurrent event for the form (use your
> control name for cboName):
>
> If me.cboName.column(0) is null then
>   Me.cboName.enabled = True
> Else
>   Me.cboName.enabled = False
> End If
>
> --
> Daryl S
>

> "Linda RQ" wrote:
>
>> Hi Everyone,
>>
>> Using Access 2003.  I have a patient database.  I will try to explain as
>> best I can but I don't know the object names etc very well so let me know
>> what else I need to give if the info makes no sense.  I have a subform of
>> patient therapy that shows on a main form.   There are several fields
>> with
>> therapy detail on my subform that get filled out when a therapy is
>> started.
>> When the therapy is ended, the end date field is filled in.  I need to
>> lock
>> one field (therapy type) once a therapy is selected.  The therapy type
>> field
>> is a combobox with a list to select from.  I tried going into the form
>> properties and locking the record and not allowing edits but then I
>> couldn't
>> enter an end date later.  I tried going into the control for therapy type
>> and locking that which worked but then I coudn't add therapy type to a
>> new
>> record.
>>
>> Is there anyway without vb code that I can prevent the user from changing
>> just that item once it has been entered?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Linda
>>

>> .

0
Linda
3/31/2010 12:53:57 AM
Hi Linda,

The syntax is wrong; the line should be:
If IsNull(Me.ThpyTypeID_fk.Column(0)) Then

HTH,

Rob

Linda RQ wrote:
> Thanks Daryl...but I said no VB code puleeze...but ok, I'll try <g>. I can
> sort of see what that is saying.  This is what I did.  I
> clicked in the corner of the subform in the design view of the form
> and pulled up the properties.  I clicked in the OnCurrent event and
> went into build and pasted your code.  I compiled then saved.  When I
> opened up the form in form view I got a debug error and the second
> line  below "If Me.ThpyTypeID_fk.Column(0) Is Null Then" is
> highlighted in yellow.
> Private Sub Form_Current()
> If Me.ThpyTypeID_fk.Column(0) Is Null Then
> Me.ThpyTypeID_fk.Enabled = True
> Else
> Me.ThpyTypeID_fk.Enabled = False
> End If
> End Sub
>

> "Daryl S" <DarylS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Linda -
>>
>> Try something like this in the OnCurrent event for the form (use your
>> control name for cboName):
>>
>> If me.cboName.column(0) is null then
>>   Me.cboName.enabled = True
>> Else
>>   Me.cboName.enabled = False
>> End If
>>
>> --
>> Daryl S
>>

>> "Linda RQ" wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Everyone,
>>>
>>> Using Access 2003.  I have a patient database.  I will try to
>>> explain as best I can but I don't know the object names etc very
>>> well so let me know what else I need to give if the info makes no
>>> sense.  I have a subform of patient therapy that shows on a main
>>> form.   There are several fields with
>>> therapy detail on my subform that get filled out when a therapy is
>>> started.
>>> When the therapy is ended, the end date field is filled in.  I need
>>> to lock
>>> one field (therapy type) once a therapy is selected.  The therapy
>>> type field
>>> is a combobox with a list to select from.  I tried going into the
>>> form properties and locking the record and not allowing edits but
>>> then I couldn't
>>> enter an end date later.  I tried going into the control for
>>> therapy type and locking that which worked but then I coudn't add
>>> therapy type to a new
>>> record.
>>>
>>> Is there anyway without vb code that I can prevent the user from
>>> changing just that item once it has been entered?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Linda
>>>

>>> .

0
Rob
3/31/2010 1:13:28 AM
Thanks Rob - I guess I've been doing too much SQL lately!

--
Daryl S

"Rob Parker" wrote:

> Hi Linda,
>
> The syntax is wrong; the line should be:
> If IsNull(Me.ThpyTypeID_fk.Column(0)) Then
>
> HTH,
>
> Rob
>

> Linda RQ wrote:
> > Thanks Daryl...but I said no VB code puleeze...but ok, I'll try <g>. I can
> > sort of see what that is saying.  This is what I did.  I
> > clicked in the corner of the subform in the design view of the form
> > and pulled up the properties.  I clicked in the OnCurrent event and
> > went into build and pasted your code.  I compiled then saved.  When I
> > opened up the form in form view I got a debug error and the second
> > line  below "If Me.ThpyTypeID_fk.Column(0) Is Null Then" is
> > highlighted in yellow.
> > Private Sub Form_Current()
> > If Me.ThpyTypeID_fk.Column(0) Is Null Then
> > Me.ThpyTypeID_fk.Enabled = True
> > Else
> > Me.ThpyTypeID_fk.Enabled = False
> > End If
> > End Sub
> >

> > "Daryl S" <DarylS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> Linda -
> >>
> >> Try something like this in the OnCurrent event for the form (use your
> >> control name for cboName):
> >>
> >> If me.cboName.column(0) is null then
> >>   Me.cboName.enabled = True
> >> Else
> >>   Me.cboName.enabled = False
> >> End If
> >>
> >> --
> >> Daryl S

> .

Yea, thanks Rob but thanks Daryl too.  I did it!

Linda

> Thanks Rob - I guess I've been doing too much SQL lately!
>
> --
> Daryl S
>

> "Rob Parker" wrote:
>
>> Hi Linda,
>>
>> The syntax is wrong; the line should be:
>> If IsNull(Me.ThpyTypeID_fk.Column(0)) Then
>>
>> HTH,
>>
>> Rob
>>

>> Linda RQ wrote:
>> > Thanks Daryl...but I said no VB code puleeze...but ok, I'll try <g>. I
>> > can
>> > sort of see what that is saying.  This is what I did.  I
>> > clicked in the corner of the subform in the design view of the form
>> > and pulled up the properties.  I clicked in the OnCurrent event and
>> > went into build and pasted your code.  I compiled then saved.  When I
>> > opened up the form in form view I got a debug error and the second
>> > line  below "If Me.ThpyTypeID_fk.Column(0) Is Null Then" is
>> > highlighted in yellow.
>> > Private Sub Form_Current()
>> > If Me.ThpyTypeID_fk.Column(0) Is Null Then
>> > Me.ThpyTypeID_fk.Enabled = True
>> > Else
>> > Me.ThpyTypeID_fk.Enabled = False
>> > End If
>> > End Sub
>> >

>> > "Daryl S" <DarylS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>> .

0
Linda
3/31/2010 7:06:49 PM
high quality Soccer jerseys NBA Jersey tracksuit and jackets, GHD
hairstraightener supplier from www.willpa.com

Are you a Retail businessman who bother by the purchase price?  China
Cheapest TOP wholesale website can help you

we are specialize in replica sport goods manufacturing in china, we can
offer you all kinds of soccer jersey, NBA jersey,shoes and so on. they are
the best brand replica goods whih are look the same as the original goods.
excellent quality and steady supply for them. we have been marketed in Europe
and American for 3 year. all the goods we offer are AAA quality.  our soccer
jersey are Thailand style. If any goods you buy from my company have problem,
we will refund or resend them again. Most of ourProducts have no minimum
order requirements,soyou can shop retail goods at wholesale prices. if you
can buy more than 300usd. We offer free shipping. The more you buy the more
discount for you.

National soccer jerseys: http://www.willpa.com
Club soccer jerseys: http://www.willpa.com
NBA Jerseys: http://www.willpa.com
T-shirt and shirt: http://www.willpa.com
Tracksuit: http://www.willpa.com
Hoody & Jackets: http://www.willpa.com
UGG boots: http://www.willpa.com
Hair style: http://www.willpa.com
shopping Index: http://www.willpa.com

EMS shipping.  7days arrive, paypal accept

want more information pls contact us or check our website: www.willpa.com

Dynamic insertion mimicking record data?
Here's an issue I hope I don't have to deal with, but if I do, I'll end up having to mirror the current hand-written process. Here's the current setup: Report based on fixed column cross-tab query, returned records represent a variety of listed activities, columns are days of the month, and I have page headers and footers. The problems with emulating the curent hand-written method are thus: 1. Fixed page length-dynamic recordset doesn't emulate well. 2. Fixed-'record' activity types for the last lines (before page footer) on page 1. 3. If after the fixed-record ac...

Capture number of records updated?
We have several processes that we run on a daily or monthly basis that I am trying to automate. Each one has a series of delete, append, and/or update queries, sometimes as many as 15 per process. I am trying to find out if there is a way to suppress the query messages but still capture how many records each query impacted. I know how to run the queries from code, and how to turn off the warnings (DoCmd.SetWarnings False), but then I can't see how many records were deleted/appended/updated. I need to see these totals to spot check them and make sure there is not a problem. I ...

Can't see records on lookup windows (SFO)
Hi I installed CRM and SFO in a PC. When I try to generate a new CRM appointment or contact, when I go to regarding and the lookup windows apperas, it didn't show any record. No matter what search word, caracter or blank criteria I choose, no record is shown. In fact, I can create a New Contact from there (with the Quick Create), but this still doesn't appears in the lookup window. This only happens in SFO, in the web app works fine. Thanks -- Carlos ...

locking up
This might be more of a GDI question, but since I'm in MFC, I'll ask: Would BitBlt-ing to the screen repeatedly tend to lock up a program, after alt+tabbing to another application? If so, why? This seems to be happening to me, and I want to get to the bottom of the problem. What I have is either a fade loop or a screen-size redraw, both based on a timer and bitblt. Quite often, after I leave the program to go to another app, I cannot return and must "end task". "Steve Russell" <srussell@removethisinnernet.net> wrote in message news:%23YFL5Ks%23F...

Desktop Alert Locks Computer
Greetings, I am seeing a little quirk on some of my desktops. It only happens occasionally, but it happens to different models of PC. Not all the time, but once in awhile, I have users that complain of their PC freezing. The only remedy is to do a hard reboot. I have noticed in these instances, that the desktop mail alert ( the preview that pops up by the system clock when you get a new mail) is showing when it froze. If I go into Outlook and turn off the desktop alert, then the PC freezing stops. So, I know that the Desktop Alert is the cause of the problem. Has anyone else ever seen this? Th...

Automatic Update Interval
Does anybody know when the automatic update (for accounts) is programmed to occur during the day. I have it set to occur every 1 day. Typically I launch M05 every few days so the updates should occur automatically everytime. I have even left M05 running for a few hours just to see if it would update on it's own. Today as I write this it is 05/02/2005 and the last update occurred 04/29/2005. The program has been running for three hours now. No Update! As a side note: This is the second time I have installed M05, and the daily update appeared to work well for the first week, but aft...

Lock formula to cell
I want a formula to lock to a cell so that when I add or delete a column the formula will always remain with say column H I know if the sheet is Password protected this will prevent this happening but that is no use when I have to unprotect the sheet to delete a column. Anyone got thoughts on this? regards Pat Hi Pat without using VBA you can't achieve this Frank Pat wrote: > I want a formula to lock to a cell so that when I add or delete a > column the formula will always remain with say column H > > I know if the sheet is Password protected this will prevent this >...

Highest temp recorded? Try 1922
Hmmm, I thought the globe was warming? ________________________________ The highest temperature recorded anywhere on Earth was in Aziziyah, Libya, in September of 1922 - 136 degrees Fahrenheit. The highest temperature recorded in the United States was in Death Valley, Calif., in July of 1913 - 134 degrees Fahrenheit. (SOURCE: Goddard Space Flight Center) http://www.cnsnews.com/facts/factorama.asp "Taylor" <123@456.com> wrote in message news:_jJAg.49424$rp4.36213@tornado.texas.rr.com... > Hmmm, I thought the globe was warming? > ______________________________...

Outllook2007 to open my Outlook2002 Win7 says files locked.
I'm following 2002 to 2007 instructions step by step. When I point Outlook to my ..pst file, I get access restriction messages. How do I make sure these files can be accessed by Outlook 2007? Thanks. Which exact steps are these? From your Outlook 2002 machine, copy the pst-file to your Outlook 2007 machine and place it in a convenient location such as My Documents\Outlook\ In Outlook 2007 you can then reconnect to the pst-file via; File-> Open-> Outlook Data File... For details see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm -- Robert Sparnaai...

Account updates not working
I have MS Money 2007 on a XPsp2 machine. My acount updates are no longer working on any of my eight accounts. I get the same error on all acount stating "Your account information is being updated, which may take a few minutes. If this message appears for more than five minutes, try again." I've tried again and again. The last successful update was on 4:14 at 9/23pm. Quotes, news, and exchange rates updates successfully. I have been successfully using MS Money for ten years. I have not changed anything recently and I have tried disabling my Trend Micro Internet Security wi...

locked excel File ??
Hi . I am working with my colleges with one Excel file in a shared file system. Sometime - when I open the file, there is the message "locked from College" - but he is definetly out of office and shut down his PC. We are using Excel 2003 + Excel 2007. What can I do?? THnks for help Susan ...

Locked out of database
Not sure what happened but get a message saying "database has been converted from a prior version of Access by using DAO compactdatabase and is now in a partially converted state." It says I should be able to import tables into a new data base but when I try this it just gives the same message about converting and the data base just doesn't open. Please help because lots at stake, have to do a report based on these tables so am waiting with anticipation!!!x Hi Pete, Usually this means you are opening an earlier version of Access in a new version. Make a copy of the data...

Updating a query criteria from a listbox
Hi, I've written a query that is dependent on a date selected from a listbox the result from the listbox is linked to the querie as follows: [forms]![Main Menu]![Date_Select] This works great when I clickthe button that loads the subform that uses the results from this querie... However when I select a different date in the listbox and click again the new date is not being passed down to the querie. I've tried everything I know and it just doesn't want to work... The listbox is linked to a table containing all the dates to be displayed - if that makes any difference. Any h...

Lock autoshape to fixed position
Hello, Does anybody know if it is possible to keep an autoshape to a fixed position. I have a worksheet that has two panes, one is frozen i.e. a fixed header and scrollable rows. On the bottom of the page I want to put a button bar made of shape buttons. The problem is that when I scroll, the buttons scroll too! It would be nices if I can keep them in position. I know that is is possible to add a second window, but that does not look so well... Any ideas? Multiple fixed panes would be a great option! Change the alignment option to be absolute. Picture properties > Layout tab > Advan...

Microsoft update patches
Anyone know why there isn't any or at least explain why when I scan my computer at Microsoft update site nothing shows up ? snooker416 wrote: > Anyone know why there isn't any or at least explain why when I scan > my computer at Microsoft update site nothing shows up ? Maybe you are up to date? Maybe you installed a beta release of a service pack, never uninstalled it and replaced it with the full version? You did not give enough information. Start button --> RUN --> type in: winver --> click OK. Come back and type - verbatim - what the picture at...

Money "lock-out" solution-thanks Kurt
Kurt Thanks for the idea. It worked. I unistalled money 2002 and the reinstalled using custom mode...up and running again! Thank -you What happens to all your data when you do that? Do you still have your data? I tried reinstalling, but no luck. I hate to uninstall, since I would lose all the data, right? Would appreciate info. Thanks, Alice >-----Original Message----- >Kurt > >Thanks for the idea. It worked. I unistalled money 2002 >and the reinstalled using custom mode...up and running >again! Thank -you >. > Your data is in a file *.mny. This is ind...

Allow more Outlook Task Fields to be updated with data from CRM
When creating a task in CRM, it is currently not possible to update Outlook Task Fields such as Billing Information, Mileage and Schedule+ Priority, which we currently have to do manually. MS should allow many more Outlook fields to be updated with data fields from CRM. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and t...

Updating multiple fields in one table via Update query
Hi, Have a table designed as follows equip1 text equip2 text equip3 text equip4 text equip5 text equip6 text equip7 text equip8 text equip9 text equip10 text What I need to do is to check each field and if the field is = "Tennessee" then update it to read "TN" Is there a way to do this in one update query vs having to write 10 different update queries? Thanks Jeffro wrote: > Hi, > Have a table designed as follows > > equip1 text > equip2 text >...

Form locking up
I've completed my own Linked Table Manager wizard, so that the connections I create to SQL Server and Oracle database on my network don't require a DSN (DSN-less connections). This wizard exists in its own mda file, which I have added as a reference in several of my databases. In my test database, this wizard runs great. I've got a command button that calls a function (fnRefreshLinks) that exists in the wizard. It opens a form, refreshes a list of the linked tables, tests the link, and provides me with some options. When I run this same function from another database, it...

Recipient Update Service (RUS) not updating
We are running Windows 2003 ent and Exchange 2003 ent on a Windows 2003 domain. RUS will not update a new Active Directory acct. even if I wait over 24 hours. It will update the acct. if a manually run RUS and the Recipient Policy. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this problem? Thanks for any and all help. Calyton RUS is set to "Always Run". Clayton "Clayton Sutton" <none@none.com> wrote in message news:OZb76nqRFHA.3716@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > We are running Windows 2003 ent and Exchange 2003 ent on a Windows 2003 > domain. RUS will not u...

annoying updating time!
I am relativley new to Excel forumlas so im hoping this is a simple problem I was a simple spreadsheet that will enter the current time into a cell when a value is put in. the formula I have is: =IF(B3>1,NOW(),"") this gives me the current time if there is a value greater than one in there - PERFECT...except... it updates everytime i enter something. I need the date to stay where it is if i make changes to other cells. :eek: I looked through the web and am having trouble thanks in advance for the help Alex -- AJSullivan -----------------------------------------------...

rownum update sql
Hi all, I need to scrub some data prior to shipping it off to a vendor for them to debug their code. I want to update all the rows in the table with the rownumber as part of the data. I know in Oracle, for example, I can use rownum. So, for example, for my name field, I want to use Name1, Name2, Name3 ....NameXXX. How do I write an update statement that will update the column to include the row number in the data ? Many thanks ! Mark ...

Problem with online updates in Money 2007
I recently upgraded from Money 2004. The existing accounts transferred over but attempts at updates were unsuccessful. I "disable" my bank accounts and then "re-enabled" them with the correct sign-in data, and WAS able to download account information ... BUT when I tried to "update" a week later I had the same problem I had initially. Obviously, I want to avoid a situation where I have to disable and reenable account info everytime I want to update. Suggestions? (Using IE 7.0.5700.6) Therein may lie the problem. When did you install IE7, with respect t...

older updates for 2004
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I download the latest update for Office 2004 and I couldn't install it because I have an older version of Mac Components (11.3.9 as I recall). Where on the Microsoft/Mac page can I find the older updates (of course this begs the question, why aren't the older bugfixes rolled into the latest one?) Thanks You should be able to just run Help> Check For Updates form any Office app & let it do its thing. If you prefer you can start here beginning with 11.5.0: <http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.mspx?p...