Linking Jpegs in Access 2003 Forms

First of all let me say, I'm NOT a programmer. I went a bought several books
on Access 2003 inorder to create simple databases forms. I've created a form
for our little company which I wish to display the employee's picture on the
form. When I follow the procedures in my book, all that is displayed in the
name of the jpeg and not the actual picture. If I click on the name the
picture is displayed in another window.  I have went on the web and read so
much that I'm crossed eyed. I've reinstalled MS Picture Manager like one
article said and still no joy.  Is there a SIMPLE way to do this like the
book stated? PLEASE HELP ME!!!
--
Quentin Sligh

"Q Sligh" <QSligh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> First of all let me say, I'm NOT a programmer. I went a bought several
> books
> on Access 2003 inorder to create simple databases forms. I've created a
> form
> for our little company which I wish to display the employee's picture on
> the
> form. When I follow the procedures in my book, all that is displayed in
> the
> name of the jpeg and not the actual picture. If I click on the name the
> picture is displayed in another window.  I have went on the web and read
> so
> much that I'm crossed eyed. I've reinstalled MS Picture Manager like one
> article said and still no joy.  Is there a SIMPLE way to do this like the
> book stated? PLEASE HELP ME!!!

In order to display a bound OLE object you need a registered OLE server that
is associated with the filetype. I should also mention that storing images
in a database causes bloat at least to the file-size of the image, but can
be much larger. I suggest, storing a path to that image on your hard drive
in your table, and using an Image control in you form to display it. A
sample database that does just that and also allows you to collect and store
the paths is available at:

http://www.datastrat.com/Download/Picture2K.zip
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

0
Arvin

Excel hart has OLE onject errors in Access 2007
I am trying to build a chart on a form in Access 2007. I have already created it in Excel and want it to look the same but it seems that the formatting options are greatly reduced, fewer chart options, and formatting variations in Access. I tried to copy and paste the chart from Excel 2007 onto my Access form, and gave it the query as the data source but got messages "The operation on the OLE object failed. The OLE server may not be registered. To register the OLE server, reinstall it." If I remove the name of the query I get an identical chart to the one in Excel, ...

Change link between form and subform

outlook blocked access
getting the following message on one of our sales computers when a customer attempts to send a document signature_.pdf.url Outlook blocked access to the following potentially unsafe attachments. 1st what is a pdf.url ? some type of adobe document but what ?? How do i keep Outlook from blocking this ?? it could be a virus/worm. (they use a double tapped extension to fool the user into thinking that it is a safe attachment type like *.pdf) has the user written back the sender to confirm that it was something they sent to them? "m macon" <maconm@earthlink.net> wrote in m...

Outlook 2003 name resolution
I have had a few people ask why one day all of a sudden, when they type in the first few characters, the auto name resolution just stopped responding. They type the first few letters, and usually the drop down appears with option, but now it doesnt. Any ideas? We are using OL2003 w. SP1 on WinXP boxes.... Thanks in advance.... Chris Chris <chrishoche@odysseylogistics.com> wrote: > I have had a few people ask why one day all of a sudden, when they > type in the first few characters, the auto name resolution just > stopped responding. > > They type the first few l...

linking #4

Can I insert Auto Text of Last Updated in Excel 2003?
Can i do the above on a sheet or in a Header/Footer? Using a macro yes http://tinyurl.com/4d4of -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) "jess_steven" <jess_steven@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC065FC2-1B52-40D0-BB3E-04DDE7872268@microsoft.com... > Can i do the above on a sheet or in a Header/Footer? ...

Linked Forms

Access Formula For Dates
I need to show on a weekly basis, the number of weeks left in the year. I don't want to have to enter it, I want Access to calculate it for me and show it on my report/database each time it is opened. For example , I want to say there are 34 weeks left in this year. Is there a formula I can usethat will determine the number of weeks remaining from today's date (whatever it is) to December 31? One way to look at this is that, if you can identify the "week" of the current date, you can subtract that from 52 to get an idea of how many weeks are left. .... o...

Running a combo box on a continuous form
I have a continuous form bound to a table containing names, addresses and post codes. A combo box, in each record, lists service agents covering the area identified by the associated post code. On GotFocus, the combo box runs a selection query taking the associated post code as the criterion. A requery is necessary to ensure that the list of service agents is refreshed on changing records but that all works fine. Clicking the combo box drop-down arrow for any record confirms that the correct list of service agents is displayed in each case. However, no selection can then be effecte...

Exchange 2003 OWA customisation
Hi Is it possible to change the title of Outlook web access pages? I have found the logon.asp and logoff.asp pages and changed the wording and titles on these but I can't find the main page. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks Gary Hi maybe this articles will help http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/CustomizingOWALogonPa/720b0cd2-fb9a-4538-ab6f-681353315582.mspx http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Customizing-OWA-2003-Forms-Based-Authentication-Logon.html Nebojsa Seslija "Gary Hindson" <garyhindson@hotmail.com> wrote in message n...

Links not linking

Linked Table Manager in ACCESS

.NET Webservice Accessing Exchange 2003
I would like to setup a .NET webservice that will access an Exchange 2003 server and perform the following tasks: 1) Given a particular email address, return all headers/subjects that matches the TO or FROM field. The purpose would be to return all emails from a particular individual in order to enhance a home grown CRM system. It would have to search a select few exchange mailboxes. 2) Given the particular email, return the body of the email. Is this possible? If so, what kind of performance am I looking at here given upwards of 20,000 total emails in 3 or 4 mailboxes? If this is possib...

Outlook 2003 Marked as Read
When I ran Outlook/OfficeXP Pro - as I received email the new mail was highlighted in bold / black and after I scrolled thru it, clicked on it, or opened it, the message un-bolded. I migrated to Office Pro 2003 because Sharepoint is not integrated to XP Office (linked events, etc). Now new mail comes in and the envelope icon appears. I literally have to open it for it to be marked as read. Where is the option to have new mail in bold and marked as read without having to open it or physically click "Marked as read"? I looking for the mail option like I had in all prev...

Link To A Cell From Chart

links

Mailing system for access
Hi We have an in-house access app which runs on windows LAN. We are looking for an email newsletter mailing solution that can work with contacts data from the access app. Currently I am looking at this; http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp. The problem is this does not access data straight from an access database. Does anyone have had experience with this? Anything that works well with access? Any recommendations would be appreciated? Thanks Regards On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 03:11:19 +0100, "John" <John@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote: >Hi > >We have an in-house...

Public Form Classes
We (unfortunately) had an outside source write a utility app. (This is the one using the Telnet session I asked about previously.) The guy wrote a class that wraps the Winsock control utilizing....... "Private WithEvents Socket As MSWinsockLib.Winsock" at the top of the class....I'll call it clsROS. Now here's the question...... There is a login form, and a GUI configuration form. You use the login form, and when successfully logged in, the GUI config forms shows. The login form has a privately dim'd clsROS on it. The GUI form has a public dim'...

Exchange 2003 OWA not loading messages
Hi, We have an issue where OWA (on Exchange 2003) logs in correctly & displays the interface correctly but does not load any messages in any folder. Only a "Loading..." message is displayed. Usually it is possible to compose new emails but no current messages will be listed. This problem does not appear consistent but behaves differently depending on IE security level and IE version/patch level. Using another browser almost always works and loads the messages correctly. Any ideas? Cheers, Zsombor I have located the 3 or 4 ActiveX and scripting security settings whic...

Links

Microsoft money 2003 #4
When I try to enter a transaction into the register I get the following response: "This transaction cannot be enterred". This problem just popped up and has never happened before. I would appreciate any advice. Thank you, Charlie In microsoft.public.money, Charlie wrote: >When I try to enter a transaction into the register I get >the following response: "This transaction cannot be >enterred". This problem just popped up and has never >happened before. > >I would appreciate any advice. Consider File->Restore. If you don't have a rec...

Outlook 2003: Hiding Folders
Ignorant Outlook user here... Outlook 2003. My office PC is potentailly viewable by many different people... Is there any way to either hide, or encrypt individual folders inside Outlook? Specifically folders in my Inbox? Any 3rd party apps if Outlook won't do it? Thanks, B Are you using an Exchange server? Do the others need to access your machine, or is it just that your machine is in a fairly public location? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post qu...

access info
i want to make a form that shows info in subforms when i click on a name in a combox box. HEELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP That's not the way subforms work. Forms/subforms are for one-to-many relationships. The main form displays the one side and the subform displays the many side. For example, suppose your database records customers and their orders. A customer might have many orders so you have a one-to-many relationship. The tables should look like: TblCustomer CustomerID <fields about a customer such as name and address> TblOrder OrderID CustomerID <field...

open continuous form
How can I set continuous form to open showing top of recordset, rather than bottom? Switchboard manager opens to show empty new Add row, even when set to Open in Edit mode. Can scroll up to top, but when open form right from database window in a2003, opens form from top of recordset. thx! On Oct 31, 4:03 pm, nycdon <nyc...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How can I set continuous form to open showing top of recordset, rather than > bottom? > Switchboard manager opens to show empty new Add row, even when set to Open > in Edit mode. Can scroll up to top, but when open ...

Excel 2003 tries to Set Up
I have Excel 2002 loaded on my PC. Just recently, when I try to open an Excel file, it goes thru Windows Installer and comes up with MS Office 2003 setup window.....asking me for user name, initials, product key. In order to get around this, I have to open my Excel 2002 program first, then Open my file. Can anyone please tell me why this is happening all of a sudden? It is very annoying. thanks, Nelda Hi Nelda Not quite sure myself but may be that the Excel files you are opening were created in an earlier or later version of Excel and when you try and open them they search for that vers...