Link to a table and display on a grid

I created a form and link to a table.
How do I link the table records to a grid for display, add, delete and
modify?

0
Alan

"Alan T" <alanpltseNOSPAM@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
>I created a form and link to a table.
> How do I link the table records to a grid for display, add, delete and
> modify?

You can set the form to Datasheet view, which looks a lot like a
spreadsheet.

Carl Rapson

0
Carl
5/15/2007 3:29:41 PM
Can I decorate the datasheet view?
I see it is quite plain with the datasheet occupies the whole form.

"Carl Rapson" <mr.mxyzptlk@newsgroups.nospam> wrote in message
> "Alan T" <alanpltseNOSPAM@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
>>I created a form and link to a table.
>> How do I link the table records to a grid for display, add, delete and
>> modify?
>>

> You can set the form to Datasheet view, which looks a lot like a
> spreadsheet.
>
> Carl Rapson

0
Alan
5/17/2007 12:17:48 PM
I don't think so. You could also set up your form in Continuous view, which
would allow you more flexibility.

Carl Rapson

> Can I decorate the datasheet view?
> I see it is quite plain with the datasheet occupies the whole form.
>
> "Carl Rapson" <mr.mxyzptlk@newsgroups.nospam> wrote in message
>> "Alan T" <alanpltseNOSPAM@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
>>>I created a form and link to a table.
>>> How do I link the table records to a grid for display, add, delete and
>>> modify?
>>>

>> You can set the form to Datasheet view, which looks a lot like a
>> spreadsheet.
>>
>> Carl Rapson

0
Carl

Change link between form and subform

Transforming Table into Matrix
Hi there, I hope you can help me. _*DATA_I_HAVE:*_ *Table * of *3 columns*: -column 1-: up to 60.000 terms -column 2:- up to 60.000 terms (mostly the same as in column 1; jus different order (column 1 and 2 are representing a connotation) -column 3-: weighting of connotation _*AIM:*_ In order to conduct a better evaluation of the data (connotations) need to *transform * the *Table-Sheet * into a *Matrix*, - having 2 coordinates: 1 coordinate representing column 1, on representing column 2 and - filled data (crossing of the terms) representing the weighting of th connotation(s) _*QUESTIO...

Linked Forms

linking #4

Links not linking

Linked Table Manager in ACCESS

Link To A Cell From Chart

links

How can I create and display a chart dynamically on a UserForm wi.
I am trying to create charts dynamically using VBA and Excel. The data being plotted will change frequently, and my client wants to interface only with the user form, and not the worksheet itself. I know that you can use the MSChart control to do this in VB6, but I was wondering if there is a similar control for use with Excel and VBA. If so, any additional info on how to use it would be much appreciated. Thanks. I think it's an incredibly dumb idea to want to interface only with a userform (and sacrifice the flexibility of direct access to a chart). Maybe, you can convince your c...

Linked Tables Over A LAN

"Display Administrative Groups " unavailable in ESM.
Hello. When trying to follow "How to remove the first Exchange Server 2003 computer from the administrative group" http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822931/en-us I am instructed to "Display administrative groups". For that I need "right-click Your_Organization, click Properties, click to select the Display administrative groups check box, click OK two times, and then restart Exchange System Manager. " where "Display Administrative Groups " unavailable (grey). How come? Thanks a lot. WBR, KP. -- Text from most Windows dialogs can be copied to cl...

2 Axis Pivot Table Based Chart Problem
Hi, I have a Pivot Table with 6 data types. 1 has a wide scale, say 1 - 100,000. The other 5 data types have a scale that is narrow, say 1 - 20. After I create the Pivot Chart from the Pivot Table and choose a "Line - Column on 2 Axes" type chart, Excel assigns the first 3 data types to the scale on the left (which happens to be the small scale) and the other 3 data types to the large scale, even though 2 of those last 3 are small scale data types. So, the result is 2 data series displaying as if they are zero, because their values are things like 3, 7, 11, 0.5, yet Excel has fo...

Links

Modify pivot table report
I am sent an xls that includes a worksheet that is a pivot table. There are a couple combo boxes in the first row (e.g., Date, Year) that if I were able to connect to the external data source would allow requerying of the pivot table. I don't need to do that. I just need that data as it is but I would like to delete the combo boxes from the worksheet. I am prevented from doing that (msg: you cannot change or modify a pivot table report). I can cut the data and paste it into another spreadsheet, however. I'd rather be able to modify the original worksheet (delete the first row with ...

Data Tables
Question for you, please: In the past, if I wanted to use an EXCEL data table, I was sure that the "row input" and "column input" cells needed to have values in them. It needed to be, for example, 3, not even =3, since the latter is a formula. That made sense to me because you are asking EXCEL to give you some other cell's result with different values for this "input" cell. Recently, I replaced such an input with a formula and, to my surprise, the data table results did not change and it seems to work anyway, which kind of blows me away. You would think t...

email links in Publisher pdf

Display class methods.
Hi, After a class A object is created in Visual C++, normally after typing the name of the object, a small list will pop-up automatically for user to select the available methods. However, sometimes the list doesn't pop-up, especially when I use some user defined classes. Does anybody know how to show the list in this situation? Why does this happen? Thanks. Leo It works. May I know how this solves the problem? Leo "Koisang Leong" <leoleong1@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uT$tNKlWDHA.2880@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > After a class A objec...

Pivot table and running total #2
I have a table with Columns: Region, Client, Date, and quantity. Using a pivot table I want to see per Region the quantity each Clients bought or sold. The problem I have is I can't figure out how to view a running total per region. You can view at this URL "http://members.freemail.ch/paulg/pivottable.gif" a picture of how I would want to see it (in yellow) and the table it comes from. Actual data has at least 20 different regions and 60 or so clients. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks ...

Chart template and links

text box datasource refer to a field in a table
Hi, I am building a report that gives a summary on all purchase order in a period of time. For the report, I have the query set up no problem, but on the report Head, I would like to make it dynamic so that it can display a company name field from another table (not included in the report's datasource). Using the expression builder I got the following: =[company name]!CompanyName [company name] is the name of the table and CompanyName is the name of the field in the table. When I try to run the report, it promps me for a variable, somehow it doesn't recognize that [company name] is a...

how do i show text in the data field of a pivot table?
If you put a text field into the data area of a pivot table, it will summarize the field to show a count, instead of showing the text. You can place the text fields in the Row, Column or Page areas, where their text will show. pum75 wrote: -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Tables to PDF
Hi there, I'm working with a table in Publisher at the moment & have formatted all my column / row gridlines to 0.25pt. However, when I convert to Adobe PDF, some of the lines appear much thicker than the others. Any Suggestions? Ian Have you tried printing the .pdf file? I've seen lines that look thicker but print just fine. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "ianp" <ianp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:402A32B6-8157-4D23-907A-9C437BD4FE35@microsoft.com... > Hi there, > > I'm working with a table in Publisher at...

Linking to ODBC Linked Tables

Saving information to a table field
Hi Really not sure if this is possible, however I will try to explain... I am wanting to have a field on a form that will allow the user to see information on the persons file of meetings they have attended. I am upgrading the database for someone and at the moment they have a checkbox for different events that have happened which is each held in its own column. I would like it to be able to have a sub form or something that would show each event that has happened and a checkbox next to the events to say that they have attended. Saving it into different fields is an option, but I would li...

Linked Graphs from Excel
I have linked graphs from excel into my publisher document using Paste Special. The problem is that when they paste in they reshape (I have pie charts and they come in publisher looking like tall skinny ovals). I can fix the shape of the charts manually after pasting them in, but when I update the links the reshaping reverts to its original, incorrect size. Any suggestions on how I can use the linking to excel and not have to resize every time I update? "Paste Special" as what format? Have you tried an image format? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http...