link a popup form to edit selected record

Hello All,

I am usiing Access 2007 and I have a form that contains three subforms that
are used to review data.  Specifically, the first subform (fsubData_List) is
a list of all the records in the datasource.  The second subform
(fsubData_search) contains an edit button and is going to be used to search
and filter from the entire dataset.  The third subform (fsubData_detail) is
used to list all of the detailed information for the record selected in the
first subform.  This is done via a hidden field call txtRelay which is used
to store the unique ID for the selected record.  This all works fine, but my
problem involves trying to link the selected record to a pop-up form that is
used for editing the selected record.  Basically the user selects a record in
the first subform and then the complete information in presented in the third
form.  The second form contains an edit button that when selected should
pop-up another form (frmData_edit) where the user would then be able to
change the specific record's information.  I have attached my current code,
but it doesnot populate the popup form with any data.

Thank you in advance for any assistance,

Shaun

-----------------------
Private Sub cmdEdit_Click()

    If Not IsNull(Me!txtRelay) Then
        DoCmd.OpenForm "frmSecurity_Update", _
            WhereCondition:="[txtRelay] = " & _
                Chr(34) & Me!CUSIP & Chr(34)

    End If

End Sub

Change link between form and subform

linking #4

CTreeCtrl/CTreeView with no items selected. Is it possible?
Hi, Is it possible to have a tree containing items without any of them selected? Thanks, Dan Yes. TreeView_Select() or TVM_SELECTITEM with hItem==NULL will make the treeview control have no selected item. Mark "dan" wrote: > Hi, > > Is it possible to have a tree containing items without any of them selected? > > Thanks, > Dan > > > Mark Salsbery wrote (in news:2582F040-66C3-45EE-B13E-AC7C89604DFF@microsoft.com): > Yes. TreeView_Select() or TVM_SELECTITEM with hItem==NULL will make the > treeview control have no selected item. >...

Running total from an edited cell
I want to keep a running total of inventory as follows: On Hand This Shipment Quan Updated Part # 1 10 5 update this column on each new shipment Part # 2 15 10 Part # 3 20 30 I will not be adding lines, just updating the "this shipment" cell for each part# I am using Excel 2007 Please help ! See http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/accumulator.html In article <9104B5C3-CD46-460E-A939-C2B1EA736D42@microsoft.com>, MacPack2 <MacPack2@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Linked Forms

Links not linking

Running a combo box on a continuous form
I have a continuous form bound to a table containing names, addresses and post codes. A combo box, in each record, lists service agents covering the area identified by the associated post code. On GotFocus, the combo box runs a selection query taking the associated post code as the criterion. A requery is necessary to ensure that the list of service agents is refreshed on changing records but that all works fine. Clicking the combo box drop-down arrow for any record confirms that the correct list of service agents is displayed in each case. However, no selection can then be effecte...

Linked Table Manager in ACCESS

Open a form in a subform depending on button.
Hi Sorry this is probably really simple but for the lfie of my can't find how to do it. I have a form with three buttons and an Unbound subform. I would like that when I click one of the buttons it opens another form in the currently unbound subform. I can work out how to open a form in another window but I want it to open in the subform. Also If I wanted it to open a query instead of another form in this subform would this change much? Thanks James On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 03:37:02 -0800, james <james@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Me.mySubformControl...

Link To A Cell From Chart

links

Public Form Classes
We (unfortunately) had an outside source write a utility app. (This is the one using the Telnet session I asked about previously.) The guy wrote a class that wraps the Winsock control utilizing....... "Private WithEvents Socket As MSWinsockLib.Winsock" at the top of the class....I'll call it clsROS. Now here's the question...... There is a login form, and a GUI configuration form. You use the login form, and when successfully logged in, the GUI config forms shows. The login form has a privately dim'd clsROS on it. The GUI form has a public dim'...

Links

Linked Tables Over A LAN

open continuous form
How can I set continuous form to open showing top of recordset, rather than bottom? Switchboard manager opens to show empty new Add row, even when set to Open in Edit mode. Can scroll up to top, but when open form right from database window in a2003, opens form from top of recordset. thx! On Oct 31, 4:03 pm, nycdon <nyc...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How can I set continuous form to open showing top of recordset, rather than > bottom? > Switchboard manager opens to show empty new Add row, even when set to Open > in Edit mode. Can scroll up to top, but when open ...

how do i set up multi page user form
I have got this far with setting up a multi page user form but need to know what to type in visual basic to direct to the different pages Private Sub MultiPage1_Change() End Sub any help would be fantastic. Cheers Hi David You must use Value (0 is the first page) Me.MultiPage1.Value = 0 'Page 1 -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Davidrowland88" <Davidrowland88@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FB7BEE2D-82C4-4443-972E-D4184632B57A@microsoft.com... >I have got this far with setting up a multi page user form but need to know > w...

Contact categories selection
Win XP, Office XP When opening a contact file, I know I can Alt-G to open the categories, and then hitting any key takes me to the first category starting with that letter, but then I can't 'select' that categories check box without using the mouse. Once the category is highlighted, is there a way to select the category box using key commands? thx doug Hitting the spacebar should check or uncheck the item. -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! ...

email links in Publisher pdf

User Forms #6
Hello, I have created a user form (click on New Employee). How do I get the information entered in to this form to appear in the correct columns in the Payroll data sheet? And how do I get the combo boxes to display the drop down information from the sheet called input. Regards Runner77 +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: payroll.ZIP | |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4213 | +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ -- Runner77 -------------...

Chart template and links

Linking to ODBC Linked Tables

Copying selected items from Listbox into Textbox #2
Thanks for the response Jim. Unfortunately I'm trying to copy the selected items from the listbox o uf2 and display them in a textbox on uf1, not another listbox. I'v tried tinkering with the code below to see if I could modify it to cop it directly to a textbox, but to no avail. Can you suggest how I woul modify the code to achieve this. Jim Rech Wrote: > I'd suggest that in second userform's module you have a sub like thi > run > from the button's click: > > Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() > CopySelectedItems > Unload Me > End Sub > >...

Linked Graphs from Excel
I have linked graphs from excel into my publisher document using Paste Special. The problem is that when they paste in they reshape (I have pie charts and they come in publisher looking like tall skinny ovals). I can fix the shape of the charts manually after pasting them in, but when I update the links the reshaping reverts to its original, incorrect size. Any suggestions on how I can use the linking to excel and not have to resize every time I update? "Paste Special" as what format? Have you tried an image format? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http...

CRM form in Offline mode
Hello, in a form, on the onload event, I would like to know if we are in offline mode ? It's possible ? My javascript call a webapplication and I don't want to run this code in offline mode. Thanks PAF Is possible:- if (crmForm.IsOnline==true) { \\ do something } -- Peter Lynch <pierre-adrien.forestier@supinfo.com> wrote in message news:1154422406.607505.169070@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hello, > > in a form, on the onload event, I would like to know if we are in > offline mode ? It's possible ? > > My javascript call a webapplicatio...