Largest text box

Hi there!

I have 3 text boxes on my form and I need to find the largest number among
the three.

I tried =max([txt1],[txt2],txt3]) but this is obviously wrong.  How can I do
this?

Thanks for all help offered!

    With Me
        If .txt 1 > .txt2 And .tx1 > txt3 Then
            'Txt1 is greatest
        ElseIf .txt2 > .txt1 And .txt2 > .txt3 Then
            'Txt2 is greatest
        Else
            'txt3 is greatest
        End If
    End With
--
Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP

"Johnny Bright" wrote:

> Hi there!
>
> I have 3 text boxes on my form and I need to find the largest number among
> the three.
>
> I tried =max([txt1],[txt2],txt3]) but this is obviously wrong.  How can I do
> this?
>
> Thanks for all help offered!
John,
    To determine the largest numerical value between three text controls
(Num1, Num2, Num3)

=IIf([Num1]>[Num2] And
[Num1]>[Num3],"Num1",IIf([Num2]>[Num3],"Num2","Num3"))

   Refresh on the AfterUpdate of each NumX field.
--
    hth
    Al Campagna

"Johnny Bright" <JohnnyBright@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi there!
>
> I have 3 text boxes on my form and I need to find the largest number among
> the three.
>
> I tried =max([txt1],[txt2],txt3]) but this is obviously wrong.  How can I
> do
> this?
>
> Thanks for all help offered!

0
Al

Signatures that wrok for HTML and TEXT formats
My current HTML signature uses Arial in bold and coloured type as well as different font sizes. It works great when I am sending new mail or responding to a HTML message. But, when I am replying to a message I got in TEXT format, then it ends up all over the place (unwanted spacing). Is there anything I can do to make sure my signature works for both formats or is there a way to have one signature going out with HTML mail and another signature going out with TEXT mail? Thanks, hj hugh jass <hugh.jass@obvious.sympatico.ca> wrote: > Is there anything I can do to make sure my...

Concantenate columns with dates and text
The first two columns in my spreadsheet are dates. The third is text. When I try to concantenate, the dates turn into numbers. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. In Excel, dates are stored as the number of days since the last day of the nineteenth century (i.e. 1/1/1901 is day 1). Times are recorded as a fraction of a day. What you see when you type a date into Excel is that underlying number subjected to a date format. To work around this, you need to use the Text() function. This will change your date value to a text date with your chosen format. For example to se...

convert text to formula using VLookup
My question; I've seen somewhere that you can convert a text string into a formula using the INDIRECT Function. What I am constructing is a maintenance Schedule where some items need to be serviced on a weekly basis, others monthly, quarterly, bi-annually, and yearly. (Those are the only five rotations I require at the moment.) Once constructed the format will take on the appearance of a calendar with conditional formatting to highlight the dates the service falls on. Each of the rotations require (I think) different formulas, so what I want to do is have a list of the f...

How do I automatically change text
I would like to automatically change the text in a series of cells. For example the value currently shown in the cell is " 00/05-05-097-5W5/00 ". How would I remove the 00/ & /00, so the cell would show " 05-05-097-5W5 "? I hope this is not too confusing. Thanks Monty Search and replace? Search for 00/ and replace with <space>, ditto for /00 On 15 Mar 2005 21:39:09 -0800, mleeds@hitechfluid.com (Monty) wrote: >I would like to automatically change the text in a series of cells. >For example the value currently shown in the cell is " >00/05-0...

publisher 2003, email, background ruins text...
Hi I create a publication, file, send email, this page as message and the text is very poor, seems to convert it into a picture. Is it the font (using arial)? would a better font work or is this what is expected ? TIA ...

text rotation
I develop a fingerprint application on pocket pc and I need to display message during the capture process. So for now I use an edit box but I would like to make a rotation of 180 � to make the message readable by the people whom I capture the fingerprint. Should I just make a rotation of the graphic display, I mean just of the edit box area or is there any other mean ? Didn't you post this a week ago!!! Here are the answers from the last post you had You won't be able to do this with an edit control, but you can do it with a static control. Dervie a class from a CStatic class, ta...

Text Boxes #2
Hello, Is it possible to rotate a text box at 45 degrees? Thanks. Bill Bill, The rotate tool was taken away from us; most shapes now have a rotate handle. Except the lowly text box. You can add text to a rectangle instead, and rotate it with its rotate handle. But the text won't rotate. You can make a text box in PowerPoint, rotate it, and the text will rotate. But if you paste that into Excel, it ain't rotated any more. ): A couple of distant relative solutions: Use a WordArt (Drawing toolbar) object. Rotatable. Or put your stuff into a cell, and rotate it with Format -...

emotions <->text in richedit
I am writing a richedit based chatbox, and I planned to add emotion support. I want replace the text in given templates(such as [:)]) to emotion pictures(read from files in given directory) during typing, and replace it back when I need actual text. I think I can insert files as objects to richedit, and replace objects with text when needed. But I don't know How to do it. Any suggestion? You can use IRichEditOle interface for doing this. Use GetRichEditOle( ) to get an interface pointer, and call InsertObject( ) method. Cheers Jagadeesh "jiangsheng(MSMVP)" <sheng_jiang@...

How to select text, e.g. simulate the text copied with ctrl-a on a webbrowser control in C#? I tried this and it always returns null for range.Text private void Form1_Load(object sende
How to select text, e.g. simulate the text copied with ctrl-a on a webbrowser control in C#? I tried this and it always returns null for range.Text private void Form1_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) { webBrowser1.Navigate("http://www.google.com/"); } private void button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) { IHTMLDocument2 htmlDocument = webBrowser1.Document.DomDocument as IHTMLDocument2; IHTMLSelectionObject currentSelection = htmlDocument.selection; if (currentSelection != nul...

sorting columns with more than 2 text entries
Data>Text to Columns>Next works well if all entries have a "single" first and last name, eg, "Joe Smith". However, if there is a "Mary Joe Smith" listed, how do I put only the last text entry into a new column? I am downloading payment information from a PayPal account and want to sort by last name for our lunches. Unfortunatley the "name" information (first, last, etc...) is contained in a single cell. -- JAB Hi JAB! Use this formula to extract the 1st name in cell A1: =LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",A1,1)) Use this formula to extract the l...

Sections of Text Being Marked as Figures
When I add and position images in a Word 2007 document, it will (apparently randomly) decide that some sections of text are figures. They can be edited as usual, but this messes up the automatic figure numbering in image captions. If the document has an automatically updating field for the figures, it will insert the whole body of text that it thinks is a figure into the table (this is sometimes several paragraphs). Deleting and re-typing the text does not seem to help (this can also be very time-consuming to re-type several sections that add up to a few pages in larger docu...

Text vs. Number
Why is is that if I have a tab-deliminated file or csv file that I open in excel the following happens: If the field has twelve digits (a UPC code) -- say 068888701648 -- that when it gets into the Excel spreadsheet is drops the front zero and calls it a number. I don't want that to happen. Also when I export to a csv file I want the field to be a text field -- "068888701648" -- as opposed to a number. This is the reason. What I've been doing up to this point is creating a custom format -- 000000000000 -- twelve digits. Most UPC codes have a zero at...

converting column of text to text box for repetitive records
Hi, I have a spreadsheet which contains employee information including job skills. My problem is that each skill (cook,candlemaker, etc.)creates a new row for that employee, duplicating fields that don't change, name, ss#,etc with the only new info in the row being the skill Like this: Jane doe,123456789,555-555-5555,cook Jane doe,123456789,555-555-5555,candlemaker What I want is 1 row for each employee with the last column containing all the skills in a text box or separated by commas. Is there an easy way to do this in Excel? Or even Access? Thanks, Clark --- Outgoing mail is certifie...

Linked Text file
I need to relink to a text file on a share drive, but I want to link according to the data path value instead of the share drive letter. Ex: //cdf888/example Instead of c:/example Any idea on how I can do this. Thanks Using network neighborhood, you should be able to use UNC (Universal Naming Convention) to map to a network share. \\ComputerName\ShareName\OptionalFolderName\FileName.mdb Access will recognize this and continue to open the file. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "Database Girl" <DatabaseG...

Only see name box and formula box where is the rest?
Hi, I accidently unchecked an option because of which now when I open excel all i see is the name box and the formula box and the worksheet. I do not see the menu nor the toolbar options. I have tried the Alt+T C but it doesnot work. How do I make the toolbars and the menu show up again. thx view/toolbars/standard and formatting Can you see the File / Edit / View menu bar? "vik" wrote: > Hi, > > I accidently unchecked an option because of which now when I open excel all > i see is the name box and the formula box and the worksheet. I do not see the > menu n...

Symbol Dialogue Box Activation
How is the "symbol" dialogue box activated? Raven wrote: > How is the "symbol" dialogue box activated? =================================== Start / Programs / Accessories / System Tools / Character Map In Publisher...go to...Insert / Symbol. -- John Inzer MS Picture It! - Digital Image MVP Digital Image Highlights and FAQs http://tinyurl.com/aczzp Notice This is not tech support I am a volunteer Solutions that work for me may not work for you Proceed at your own risk ...

Toggel Boxes
I am wanting to be able to make toggel boxes that: 1. Toggels between 2 colors (White & Yellow). 2. Toggels between 2 values (0 & 1) (ie. When the toggel is white the value for that cell is 0 and when the toggel is yellow the value for the cell is 1) Note: I need to be able to use these values for a formula somewhere else. I am not quite sure what a toggle box is but try this on a button. Private Sub ToggleButton1_Click() If ToggleButton1.BackColor = &HFFFFFF Then ToggleButton1.BackColor = &HFFFF& ToggleButton1.Caption = "1" ...

Can you recommend a good text search utility? (for WindowsXP, esp for Office2003)
WindowsXP Pro msOffice 2003 Xara Xtreme Pro MindManager FreeMind ....} all latest versions Hi Can anyone recommend a utility for searching my local WindowsXP PC? I need to do text searching across msOffice2003 files (e.g. Outlook, Excel, Word). (Optionally, I would IDEALLY also like to be able to search files from: Xara Xtreme Pro, Mindjet's MindManager, FreeMind, plus HTML, PDF files... but this is not a deal breaker.) I have tried - WindowXP's search ==> horrible. I have uninstalled it and use the previous version - which is very slow but more accurate....

Summing an array based on text condition
Hi, I have the following columns I would like to create an automatic formula to sum: Person Sales AL/AS 30.0 AL 25.0 AS 20.0 The formula should detect a person's initials (e.g. AL or AS in this example) and only sum if they are either wholly or partly involved with the sales. Where they are jointly allocated (e.g. AL/AS) only half of the sales revenue should be added. So the correct formulas would return: AL 40.0 AS 35.0 I was trying to use the sumproduct function with an embedded Left() and Right() functions. However the left/right functions do...

Align text vertically
I'm using Pub 2002, and I'm ashamed to admit I can't figure out how to "Align text vertically" in the text box. Obviously I'm going crazy, 'cause I'm sure I've used this feature on previous editions of Publisher I've owned. Please, someone, put me out of my misery (but not before answering the question, please). -- Jim Dixon After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Jim Dixon <jimd@teoil.com>... > I'm using Pub 2002, and I'm ashamed to admit I can't figure out how to > "Align text ve...

Re: Automatic Comments Boxes
This works great however I need it too work across a huge range of date E6:AE729 pulling the info each time from the respective cell in the other sheet. Also I need the comment to be removed if the cell is made blank later. TIA > "Max" <demechanik@yahoo.com> wrote in message > news:uf%23vGD9WEHA.2520@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > > Just a little clarification .. > > > > The description "workbook module" > > should rightly read as "ThisWorkbook module" > > (.. less ambiguous) > > > > -- > > Rgds > > M...

Chart Text Box Data Table
For the boss, I would like to display a series of figures (as text) that are derived from the data underlying a chart. For example, the chart shows electricity demand in kW over the course of the day. In the upper corner of the chart, I want to display the total usage in kWhr for the whole day, its cost, and the percentage difference from our budget. I know how to do this with just one value: create a text box, then use the formula bar to enter something like "=Sheet1!$C$4". But to do that with all the information I want to display would require about a dozen text boxes, a...

Text Box in a Report
This is my control source for a text box: =([Company]) & Chr(13) & Chr(10) & ([BizShipAddr]) & Chr(13) & Chr(10) & Trim([BizshipCity]) & ", " & ([Bizshipstate]) & " " & ([BizshipZip]) Programmically is it possible, if there is NO company name, not to put a blank line there? I have another text box above it with Attn: ContactName and if there is no company name, there is a blank line between that & the street address. I kept them in seperate boxes as Attn line is bold red. Thanks Curtis On Tue, 1 May 2007 12:47:15 -0700,...

find and replace contents of tables and text boxes
I have a 200 page document in publisher 2007. The contents of each page differ by only a small amount of text at the top of each page. Each page contains a large table and several text boxes. I need to replace the old information in the table and several text boxes with the same new information for all 200 pages. How do I do this quickly and efficiently? Put the table and text boxes on the master page. Ctrl+m. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Katy" <Katy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:56F513B4-D272-4421-B9D6-979AF70D74A9@microsoft.com... >...

Alignment for text vs numbers
If I put a literal text string ("This is a literal text string") in a cell that is too wide for that cell, the text will spill over into adjacent cells, if they are empty. However, if I put a number in that cell and then apply a custom format, like ("Results for "mm/dd/yy), it fills the cell with #'s if it's too wide. Is there a way to get the formatted number to behave like text? (Without merging cells.) If you select the cell and any empties to the right and format Center Across Selection. The full text will be displayed. Sadly, it will appear centered, but ...