Keep it alive

Hello!

Is it possible to declare an Access.Application object in a module of
another db (let's call it db1), display the application window to the user
interface and keep it alive even when db1 is closed?

Because the database object is closed as soon as the memory used by db1 is
released..

Thanks for any suggestion!

0
Georges

Answered in another group where you posted this.
0
Allen

Outlook keeps prompting for logon..
User is on Outlook 2k3, latest service packs, updates, etc. Mailbox lives on Exchange 2007 (SP1). Everytime the user starts Outlook they're prompted to logon. I've disabled the logon prompt at startup option (and enabled it and then disabled it again), but it's still happening. I've tried it with cached mode on and cached mode off. I've tried it with offline mode enabled and disabled. I've tried deleting his profile and recreating it. I've tried switching to an RPC/HTTPS connection. Finally, i completely uninstalled Outlook 2k3 and installed Outlook 2k7. Not...

Help Old addresses keep coming up

Keep Lines Together; Keep with Next

why do my pictures keep disappearing?
Although I have checked the box in 'pictures' any form of graphic or word art that I have inserted into my publication keeps disappearing! If I click in the general direction of the insertion the bounding dots appear, but no picture Are you sure you have view, pictures, detailed display checked? If so try updating your graphics driver... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "JG" <JG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:57E101AC-A758-400A-9269-3B68B754CA0E@microsoft.com... > Altho...

how can I keep a tab in place?
I have workbooks with multiple worksheets. I would like to keep the summary tab in a fixed (first) position so that the user can easily, quickly find it without using the l<, <, >, >l (arrow) tabs. I use hyperlinks to get from the summary tab to the other tabs, and I know I can hyperlink tab back... but I'd rather not use the hyperlinks too much. Tools - Protection - Protect workbook (for structure) Or, create a custom button/macro that navigates to the summary sheet. -- Best Regards, Luke M "missy8892" <missy8892@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Outlook 2003 keeps asking for password for POP3 account
I am running WinXP Pro and Office 2003. My Outlook 2003 keeps popping up intermittently a pop-up box requesting me to re-enter the POP3 account password. Now, there is nothing wrong with the password already entered (check box to save password), so all i am having to do is click OK, but it is really annoying. Does anyone know what i can do to stop Outlook from doing this? Thanks for your help. ...

How do I keep the home tool bar on top
An hour ago the home tool bar stoped being displayed. I can restore it but every time i hit a key the tool bar disapers. How do I keep the tool bar on top while I am typing. You've minimized the Ribbon. Double-click any tab on the Ribbon to restore it. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "RobertTaylor" <RobertTaylor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:081A95C4-76B9-47E2-A4E6-83A080233AD0@microsoft.com... > An hour ago the home tool bar stoped being displayed. I can rest...

How to keep userform always on the top of all windows application
Hi All!! Is there some that when I execute an excel user form, it *remains o the top * of all the windows applications that are currently running until & unless I, manually, minimize or close it. Regards, Jat -- JAtz_DA_WA ----------------------------------------------------------------------- JAtz_DA_WAY's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2668 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=40059 You may get an answer to your question--but it'll involve both making the userform always on top plus adding those minim...

Keep it alive
Hello! Is it possible to declare an Access.Application object in a module of another db (let's call it db1), display the application window to the user interface and keep it alive even when db1 is closed? Because the database object is closed as soon as the memory used by db1 is released.. Thanks for any suggestion! Answered in another group where you posted this. ...

deposit to keep??
When you cancel a layaway and rms ask you if you want deposit to keep and you say ok, what happens to the money and where does that money go? and is there a way to turn off that button? ...

how to keep text with next paragraph
"Church Mouse" wrote: > What is the problem? Version? ...

keep or not keep SMTP log files?
Hi, I'm curious about what do you do with your SMTP lof files? How long do you keep your smtp lof files? Save them onto a tape media or external harddrive? Do you delete them after 6 months? Or don't keep them at all? I'm trying to get a general idea what administrators do to their smtp log files. Thanks and appreciate it. Ricky On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 13:01:04 -0700, Ricky T <RickyT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I'm curious about what do you do with your SMTP lof files? How long do you >keep your smtp lof files? Save them onto a tape medi...

Keeping Outlook on top?
I have, hopefully a simple question. When I click on a link (hypertext) how can I make outlook stay on top so I can read other messages until I am ready to go to my web browser and look at the page that was open? Thanks for any help!! SSDD "D" <D@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E96DBF0-BABB-4E5C-8734-4A5D8695A71C@microsoft.com... >I have, hopefully a simple question. When I click on a link (hypertext) >how > can I make outlook stay on top so I can read other messages until I am > ready > to go to my web browser and look at the page that ...

keeping cell formatting
Hello, I have formatted an excel spreadsheet (changed cell widths and height etc...) I would like to retain this formatting when i copy this spreadsheet t other sheets. How can I do this? As it is now, I have to change each cell manually each time I copy th spreadsheet template to another sheet. Thanks in advance aladdi -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I just experimented with this and as far as I can tell, Width is attached to the column and height attached to the row. So, if you want to copy and paste data and maitain cell width and height, you may have to select wh...

tabs keep resetting
When ever I set new taps for a document when I close it and reopen it all my tabs are set back to 5. Is there a way to reset my default tabs to retain my 2 setting? You are likely thinking Publisher works just like Word. Well, not quite. But refer to this article - http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011196811033.aspx?Query=default&Scope=TC%2cHP%2cHA%2cRC%2cFX%2cES%2cEP%2cDC%2cXT "katiekate" wrote: > When ever I set new taps for a document when I close it > and reopen it all my tabs are set back to 5. Is there a > way to reset my default tabs to re...

how to keep tables on one page automatically
An age old question but one which in my foolishness I though MS might have solved with Office 7. But how many of you have found the page which shows the links between old commands and new. I'd like to include it here but if I try to find it I will navigate away. Just about the only thing which can be said in MS's favor about Office 7 questions is that MS is better than Adobe. Otherwise the amount of time wasted is horrendous. If you're asking how to keep a table on one page, one way to do it is to select all but the last row and mark them "Keep With Next" in ...

Tree control keeps crashing. Arrrgh! Why O why O why?
I've got a bug here that I just can't get a handle on. I'm trying to create a dialog with a tree control to display a list of objects. There is one level of heirarchy. The items being displayed are instances of my CMaterial class. The tree typically looks something like this: CATEGORY 1 NAME 1 NAME 2 CATEGORY 2 NAME 1 NAME 2 E.g. Steel SteelMaterial 1 Aluminum AluminumMaterial 1 AluminumMaterial 2 You get the idea. Both "Category" and "Name" are just strings in my class. I did that so the user could enter custom cat...

keeping values
I am sure that this question has been asked and answered. I am creating a worksheet for my class. I have a value in cell b2( I want use this value thru out the sheet). Let say b2 = 10 b c d 3 5 6 8 4 3 7 1 I want to subtract each value from b2(10). How can I do this without doing it manually? On Thu, 1 Apr 2010 14:06:04 -0700, AFL-math <AFL-math@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am sure that this question has been asked and answered. I am creating a >worksheet for my class. I have a value in cell b2( I want use...

Reminder keeps popping up?
I have MS Money Small Business 2004. For what ever reason, each time I start the app, a popup window appears asking me to upgrade Money. I can upgrade or remind me later. Is there a way to make this stop with out buying the upgrade? This is a fully purchased version. Thanks, Brett In microsoft.public.money, brett wrote: >I have MS Money Small Business 2004. For what ever reason, each time I >start the app, a popup window appears asking me to upgrade Money. I >can upgrade or remind me later. Is there a way to make this stop with >out buying the upgrade? This is a fully p...

Outlook wont start keeps shutting down
Am I being ignored or doesnt anyone there have a clue as to why I cant use Outlook. Please HELP! Error Message is.. "Microsoft Visual C ++ Runtime Library Runtime Error Program C:\Progra~1\Micros~2\Outlook.exe This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unuasual way. Please contact the application support team for more information." And then it shuts outlook down. Looked in event viewer and SNDsrvc started at or close to same time .dont know what that is...no reference to outlook..please help?? ... .. Running Norton? Either disable the Norto...

To Keep Only A Tatal Amount, But Not Keeping The Whole Sheet
Hello everyone, I need to create a workbook, which has 2 sheets A and B. Sheet A i for insert data and sheet B is for the total amount of sheet A. Every day, I enter a lot of numbers in sheet A and sheet B will show m the total amount of sheet A. I don't need to keep every detail in shee A, but I have to keep the total amount of that day. Because I don't need to keep every detail in sheet A, the next day, open sheet A again and enter new numbers for a new day. The problem i when I enter new numbers, I get only the total amount of the current da in sheet B. I lost the total amoun...

outlook keeps discounting
why does my outlook express keep discounted every time i recive or send a e mail im with bt openworld broadband can any one help "robert" <chattwood@btopenworld.com> wrote in message news:bf6701c4383b$8de7ef70$a401280a@phx.gbl... > why does my outlook express keep discounted every time i > recive or send a e mail im with bt openworld broadband > can any one help You mean "Disconnected" not "discounted". In Tools-Options-Connection uncheck "Hang up after sending and receiving" BTW, This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 ...

reading pane keeps turning on and preview pane keeps turning off
I've been using outlook 2007 for about 6 months and all has been ok until now. My normal view is to have the reading pane turned off and the preview pane turned on. however, now things changed all of a sudden. now when ever I go to the inbox the reading pane is turned on and the preview pane is turned off. So I go to the view menu and reset the view to what it should be. if I click on any other folder such as sent items and back to the inbox, its back to reading pane on and preview pane off. This is the same behavior for all folders. any ideas how to resolve this? Thanks. -- ...

Need to custom identify incoming outlook messages and keep this identifier when user replies
I need to map an incoming message with the replying outgoing messages using a custom identifier. The incoming message should be built including this custom identifier and sent to the end user in outlook. We could add this identifier as part of the e-mail subject, but prefer to add it somewhere that the end user cannot edit. When the end user replies to the message, it is important that this custom identifier is included in the reply message, just as it would if we included it in the subject field. Is there a document field that can be used for this purpose, and will the value in thi...