Julian to Gregorian date conversion

how do I convert jualian date to gregorian and back in access 97, preferably
by not using VB Code if possible.

What is the format of your Julian date and why the aversion to code?

--
HTH - RuralGuy (RG for short) acXP WinXP Pro
Please post back to this forum so all may benefit.

ruralguy
7/25/2007 5:05:59 PM
On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 09:32:07 -0700, Tommo <Tommo@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>how do I convert jualian date to gregorian and back in access 97, preferably
>by not using VB Code if possible.

There are many kinds of Julian date: Astronomical Julian date, Modified
Astronomical Julian date, military Julian date, yyyyddd Julian date, ...

Which did you have in mind?

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John
7/26/2007 2:03:58 AM
You say your Julian date is yyddd, yet your formula implies it'll be yy-ddd.

Try:

DateSerial(Left([JDate], 2), 1, Right([JDate], 3))

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"Tommo" <Tommo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The date is entered as dd/mm/yy (Gregorian) and I want yyddd (Julian) to
> be
> displayed.  Secondly I want to reverse this process and display dd/mm/yy
> (Gregorian) when data has been entered as yyddd (Julian).  I realise in
> the
> second process that I already have the data (dd/mm/yy G) but I am doing it
> for educational purposes.
>
> I have just discovered how to go from G to J in Forms by using an Unbound
> Box using =Format([date],"yy") & Format(DatePart("y",[date]),"-000") in
> the
> data control source. Data is entered in one field as G and displayed in
> another as J.
>
> "John W. Vinson" wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 09:32:07 -0700, Tommo
>> <Tommo@discussions.microsoft.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >how do I convert jualian date to gregorian and back in access 97,
>> >preferably
>> >by not using VB Code if possible.
>> >

>> There are many kinds of Julian date: Astronomical Julian date, Modified
>> Astronomical Julian date, military Julian date, yyyyddd Julian date, ...
>>
>> Which did you have in mind?
>>

>>              John W. Vinson [MVP]

0
Douglas

convert julian date to gregorian date
what is the easiest way to convert a Julian date to a Gregorian date in Excel? Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/jdates.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany ammaravi wrote: > what is the easiest way to convert a Julian date to a Gregorian date > in Excel? ...

Date
I have a table with a start date column. I have created a query where I include the start date from my table, I have created an expression to add 24 months to the start date but what I would like to also have is either the specific date or the closest month of May. for example Start date is July 1, 2008 if I add 24 months it will show July 1, 2010 What I would like to see is May 2010 as this the month that we identify individuals that need to start a secondary process. Very new to access and not that great with formulas -- Thank You Sassy By 'closest' do you mean t...

date modified

Date differential between a full date and a date that has a year and month.
Date Differential between full date (month, day, year) and partial date (month and day). Really need you help on this one. I am trying to write a QBE expression that identifies if the an employee's last performance evaluation date (e.g. 07/15/2007 a full date with month, day, and year) is within one year of the employee's anniversary date of hire (e.g. 12/15 just the month and day--no year). If it is, the evaluation date will be tagged as "current." If the evaluation date (e.g. 11/10/2007)is within 60 days of the anniversary month (e.g. 12/15) I will tag the evaluation ...

Experation Date
I have a column in which I have different expiration Dates. I would like the box to change color to amber when today's date is 90 days from the expiration date and then red when 30 days from the expiration date. The actual formula would be most useful. Thank you in advance. Arlan Hi, are you talking about calendar days or working days? Should the colour stay from exp_date-90 till exp_date-30? Arlan;274696 Wrote: > I have a column in which I have different expiration Dates. I would like > the > box to change color to amber when today's date is 90 days from the > exp...

Marking dates in MSCAL.Calendar.7
I've written a task management system which tracks current and future jobs for a customer support team. Currently the users can switch between current active tasks awaiting completion and future tasks which don't as of yet require their attention. They've requested the ability to view this in a calendar control (User - "You know, like outlook") so they can see what their workflow will be like for the rest of the week. Something as simple as just marking with a different color which days in the future have work assigned to them would be perfect. I thought MSCAL.Calendar.7...

Julian Date
Can someone please tell me how I can convert a Julian date that read (example): 32803 meaning the 328th day of the year 2003 to what should b 11/24/03 Thanks in advance..... ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com There are several "definitions" of Julian dates. Although yours differs slightly from the one used in this example, this link might still put you on the right track http://www.cpearson.com/excel/jdates.htm -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Micr...

Conditional formatting: If text or If date?
I have a spreadsheet that tracks reports. In a far right-hand column, I have a cell for when a re-write is submitted. I put an "X" in the cell when a re-write is needed, and the date submitted when it's turned in. I'd like to put some conditional formatting on the report number cell so it becomes one color if there's an "X" in the re-write cell, and another color if there's a date in the re-write cell. Is this possible? Ed Select report number cell Menu Format>Conditional Formatting Change Condition 1 to Formula Is Add a formula of =M1="X"...

importing lot expiration dates
Hello: A client of ours is upgrading from GP 9.0 to 10.0, because 10.0 offers the ability to relieve inventory based on lot number expiration dates. All well and good. Now, in 9.0, the client has many items that have already been received into GP. But, at the time that they were received, they did not enter the lot number expiration dates. Therefore, even after the client upgrades, these items will not be relieved based on expiration date. Is it "safe" to update SQL on the back-end with these lot expiration dates perhaps through the IV30400 table? We're trying to fig...

date/time formatting

Calculating Dates
Ok, If I want to calculate the difference of a date with the following date in Access: so 3/29/08 in cell A1 and 5/3/08 in cell A2 and return the value in B1 of 35. How do I do this? Thanks! In Excell the formula looks like this: =IF(+A1-A2>0,A1-A2,0) IIF(Datediff('d',A2,A1)>0,Datediff('d',A2,A1),0) -- Dorian "Give someone a fish and they eat for a day; teach someone to fish and they eat for a lifetime". "kritter0021" wrote: > Ok, If I want to calculate the difference of a date with the following date > in Access: so...

Time conversions...
I use I-Tunes for my DJ Business. I export the lists of songs I have burned to EXCEL. All the information is there including the time (length of track) however, the problem is that if the song duration is 4:02 , it comes up in EXCEL as 242 ???? I have tried and tried formatting the cell(s) over and over again. Everytime I do, the cells come up 00:00 Please help! You can e-mail me at dreamdjs@optonline.net Thanks Chris iTunes is exporting seconds. XL stores times as fractional days, so you'll have to divide the seconds by 24*60*60 to make them XL times: =A1/864...

Combined date time cell to separate date & time components #2
From file dump have combined date time cells eg 14/04/03 14:20 (value 37725.59722). Want to perform time analysis so need to split to 2 separate cells; eg. "14/04/2003" (value 37725) & "14:20" (value 0.59722). Is there a fnc to do this? (Currently convert cell to value, then fncs trunc & cell less int(cell) then refmt to date dd/mm/yy & time hh:mm respectively) See the reply to your post in the microsoft.public.excel newsgroup. Please don't post the same question to multiple groups. It just wastes the time of those replying to a question that was...

Changing date formats?
I'm pretty sure this can be done but if I tried on my own, I'll probabl fail or do a lot more than I need to... so here's my problem. In on column, I have data (about 10,000 rows or more) in terms of a dat format, BUT it's not really the format I want. How do I go from: Original: 20060105 to New: 1/5/2006 I don't want to manually change each record because it'll be too long I tried format cells and it didn't work. However, I noticed that if I put a "/" between the year, month, an day, like so: 2006/01/05, it automatically becomes 1/5/2006. Is there s...

query on dates
I want to compare DateReleased to DateNextAppt (both are date fields) then I need to get => 15 days. Please help me KT Kim See Access HELP for the DateDiff() function, which you can use in a query to subtract two dates. You could even use something like: [DateNextAppt] - [DateReleased] to create a new field in your query, and use: => 15 in the selection criterion. Regards Jeff Boyce Micosoft Office/Access MVP "Kim T" <KimT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F35F133B-CFD7-49E2-9668-7CAF9346CB3F@microsoft.com... >I want to compare Date...

Date Field 01-05-04
Hi, I have a couple of questions and i would appreciate it a lot of someone can help me out here. 1. Is there any way a date field (e.g. created on) can display both the date and time value???? 2. How can I create a field in MS CRM whose value is dependent on another field? Thank you, Shereen 1. don't know I can't seem to get the time to display either in fields only the date. 2. You do that in the deployment manager by mapping the dependent field to the source field. this only happens once when the data is first entered. Jerry iBizInitiatives "Shereen" <anonym...

date calculation issues
I need a formula that will calculate future dates for me. If I were to insert todays date,(as an example) 13-june-2005 into excel, I need it to calculate 6 weeks, 6 months, 1 year, 2 years, 3 years and 4 years ahead of the date specified. On top of this, the future dates cannot land on a weekend or a holiday. I am aware of the WORKDAY function but don't know how to use it. My excel experience with formula's is limited. Very basic steps is required. On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 10:32:04 -0700, mike richard <mike richard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need a formula that w...

chart with date/time values
Hi, I would to realize with excel an X/Y line diagram where on the X axis I would put a date/time value. There is anyone that know how to do this? We suppose of having to represent these data X Y 01/05/2004 10.00 1 01/05/2004 10.30 2 01/05/2004 18.00 3 I Succeed to correctly make the diagram but the space between the values of X axis is equal for all values although the distances between values are not the same (30 minutes, 8 hours etc). There is anyone that can help me? Thank you ...

Format date in excel 2000 like '31st January 2005'
Trying to set up field in Excel Data Source file so that the current date can be input in letters typed in this format '31st January 2005' Is it possible or am I stuck with dd/mmm/yy format? On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 02:45:01 -0700, "Malcolm Agingwell" <MalcolmAgingwell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Trying to set up field in Excel Data Source file so that the current date can >be input in letters typed in this format '31st January 2005' > >Is it possible or am I stuck with dd/mmm/yy format? You can certainly type in or input the date in that for...

converting a 7-digit julian date to a calendar date
I need to convert a 7-digiti julian date to a calendar date. For example, my cell reads 2004029 but I need to convert it to read 01/29/2004. Thanks. First of all that is not what is referred to as a Julian date by astronomers nor [as misused] by programmers. =DATE(left(A1,4), mid(A1,5,2), right(a1,2)) I have a page on Date and Time http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/datetime.htm as does Chip Pearson http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datetime.htm I'm sure many others have pages on at least some aspect of date and/or time as well. HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Exc...

Applying days of the week to dates
Hi, Does anyone know how to make Excel show the day of the week (ie Monday, Tuesday etc.) given a specific date? Thanks, Will Just format the cell Custom, "dddd" -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "will" <will@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F30A8464-4883-48E6-9BA5-69971E22B15F@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > Does anyone know how to make Excel show the day of the week (ie Monday, > Tuesday etc.) given a specific date? > > Thanks, > > Will ...

Date format change when using Series() function
I’m using the Series() function with graphs, and the name ranges within the graphs seem to work, however, the X axis date range now goes weird on me. The named range for my X axis looked fine before, but when I put the name range in the Series, the dates are now all wrong (1/1/1900, 2/1/1900, etc). Any thoughts? Thank you. ...

Import missing recieved date
I had inadvertantly copied my inbox from my office (outlook 2000) to my home (outlook 2003). I was able to make an export to a .csv file and found that when I imported the inbox, all the mail had todays date and time. Is there a way to get the file to export and import the receive date also? Thanks, Tom. Why didn't you just File, Open , Outlook data file? Or File, Import? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) ...

Access 2003 Conversion 10-28-03
I just want to know which programming language is used by Access 2003. VBA or .Net because one of my clients is concerned about writing the application in Access 2002 because he has heard that he will not be able to migrate his app. very easily and will have to hire someone to rewrite the app in the new Access 2003. Your input will be greatly appreciated because I searched MS Site for the info and it did not list the programming language for Access 2003. Thanks a bunch Hi Meena, Access 2003 uses the same version of VBA as Access 2002. On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 07:52:26 -0800, "...

If date more than
Hello there.. I was trying to cut the entire row and paste it to another sheet if date is more than 20 days say date column is 'H' Someone please help me on this.. Thank you.. If date is more than 20 days what. In the past? In the future? something else? -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "Kash" wrote: > Hello there.. I was trying to cut the entire row and paste it to another > sheet if date is more than 20 day...